PDA

View Full Version : Parcells coming back for another whooping

danny's stogie
01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283046

IRVING, Texas -- Bill Parcells is coming back for at least one more season with the Dallas Cowboys -- and maybe even two.

The team announced Friday that Parcells agreed to a new contract through the 2007 season.

"I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to continue what we have started here," Parcells said in a news release. "The Cowboys organization has been the fairest of fair to me, and hopefully I can repay them with an improved performance."

Parcells, 64, had a year left on the four-year, $17 million contract he signed in January 2003. However, he left his three previous coaching jobs mid-contract and there was speculation he might do it again.

BurgundyNGold
01-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I figured as much. There was no way that Parcells was going to allow himself to leave after losing twice to Gibbs the way he did. No way. He would regret that more than anything else the rest of his life.

MoeRedskins
01-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I hope we beat him twice more next season.

HAWGZHEAD
01-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Good, the more L's we hand moobs the better IMO.

GibbsRules!
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Gibbs hurt his pride. He couldn't go out like that. Little does he know he can't do a damn thing about it. Come on back for more Bill...

danny's stogie
01-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I figured as much. There was no way that Parcells was going to allow himself to leave after losing twice to Gibbs the way he did. No way. He would regret that more than anything else the rest of his life.

Well looks like he's going to be coaching Dallas for a long time then.

Seriously though, I can't wait to see what retreads Parcells brings in this time and what further destruction he can do to their roster.

BurgundyNGold
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Well looks like he's going to be coaching Dallas for a long time then.

Seriously though, I can't wait to see what retreads Parcells brings in this time and what further destruction he can do to their roster.
He'll probably have to do it without Sean Payton too. There is speculation that he'll end up the top man in New Orleans or Oakland.

The Skinsinator
01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Gibbs hurt his pride. He couldn't go out like that. Little does he know he can't do a damn thing about it. Come on back for more Bill...Preach on GibbsRules! He wants some more Gibbs no doubt. I figured he would come back. I still think there won't be alot left when he's gone in a year or 2. I know how he is.

fent
01-06-2006, 05:05 PM
the guy subbing for Wilbon on PTI today said the boys should take young and they would be a super bowl team next year...i'm salivating at the idea of playing against that bust waiting to happen.

RedskinRay
01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Billy just couldn't leave well enough alone; could he?

:dalassuk:

BurgundyNGold
01-06-2006, 05:20 PM
the guy subbing for Wilbon on PTI today said the boys should take young and they would be a super bowl team next year...i'm salivating at the idea of playing against that bust waiting to happen.
There are plenty of Vince Young threads, so I'm not going to go into too much here but if Vince Young comes out, he will not be there when Dallass picks.

danny's stogie
01-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Bill Parcells offseason checklist:

-Sign washed up former QB. My first guess is Jeff Hostetler. The mustachioed NFL QB has been sorely missed by the league. I'm sick of the Plummer beard. It's time for a change. If Hoss doesn't work how about Chad Hutchinson?

-Pass on feature RB, trade down, draft part time, injury riddled scat back. Can you imagine if Stephen Jackson were a Cowboy? He'd be dropping 1300 a year easy. My best guess is that Maroney becomes available with the 18th pick, BP trades down and drafts Riggs Jr and this time we won't all sit around, scratch our heads, then suddenly proclaim he's a genious, instead we will all laugh...

-Change defensive system and eliminate the effectiveness of best Cowboy defensive player. With Glover schemed out and likely moving on, how funny would it be if they went back to the 4-3 and rendered Ware useless?

-Sign awful, washed up nose tackle. Please, please, please, Ted Washington.

-Sign old Guard to lucrative contract while passing on his better, younger, pro-bowl teammate. I can't think of any duo that meets the criteria, that Packer scenerio was one of a kind.

-Once again, not find a QB of the future.

whitskins
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
This scenario is hilarious. Parcells comes to the Cowboys, goes 25-23 in three years, makes the playoffs once with a team that had the easiest schedule in NFL history, has one playoff blowout to his name, AND HE GETS A RAISE??

Wow, this is just hilarious, I can't wait til next year when Bledsoe has an even bigger collapse, Larry Allen finally retires, Keyshawn becomes TO, Terry Glenn blows out another knee, and Julius Jones ruptures his hamstring after getting a butt-tap from a teammate.

Parcells has done next to nothing for the Cowboys in three years. Next year once McNabb comes back in Philly I think the Cowboys are gonna look like the weakest team in the East.

IHATEDALLAS'82'87'91
01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
This is great, i will love to watch his face again at the post game press conference after we beat them again.

The Skinsinator
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
-Once again, not find a QB of the future.This is what they need to do and I would be surprised if he got one. Why would he? He doesn't care what they do after he leaves.

ryflan47
01-06-2006, 07:39 PM
This is what they need to do and I would be surprised if he got one. Why would he? He doesn't care what they do after he leaves.
Exactly, he doesn't give a rat's *** about that organization. He's going to play Bledsoe until his arm falls off. Then he'll try to woo Phil Simms out of retirement.

smoak
01-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I am glad Parcells is staying personally. I think he is a good coach, but I want Gibbs to have a few more shots at him.

The Skinsinator
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I am glad Parcells is staying personally. I think he is a good coach, but I want Gibbs to have a few more shots at him.Yeah I do too, but I almost rather him leave because he is a very good coach and we all love it when the Pukes suck. He really is their best chance and I think Jerry Jones is somewhat infatuated with him.

redskin_rich
01-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I have always had a lot of respect for Parcells as a coach but he really seems to be getting worse. He went from a 2 time Super Bowl champion with the Giants, to a Super Bowl loser with the Pats, to a Championship loser with the Jets, to one wildcard win with Dallass so far. It makes me wonder if Belichick made him what he was. I also wonder if Parcells harsh style of coaching works with todays players.

The Skinsinator
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I have always had a lot of respect for Parcells as a coach but he really seems to be getting worse.I agree. He always fields a competitive team but he doesn't have the aura about him and isn't as feared as he used to be at least not by his opponents. Guess there really are alot of good restaurants in Dallas.

IowaSkinsFan
01-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Oh yeah, Bill, the Jints, Patriots and Jets were so unfair to you.

You poor soul.

Come on back Bill, Joe has your number.

We can use two easy victories per year in the NFC East.