PDA

View Full Version : Official hR Playoff Game Thread: Carolina @ NY

IowaSkinsFan
01-08-2006, 09:17 AM
For anyone wishing to discuss it, please use this thread for todays Carolina/NY playoff game.

Go Panthers!

whitskins
01-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Carolina looks like it's close to getting something going on offense but they just can't keep it going. I want to see Eli buried in the turf like he was on that sack all day long.

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 12:42 PM
How much do you guys want to bet that if the Giants go into the half with a lead the NFL front office spikes Carolina's drinking water.

Redskinfan28
01-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I thought Smith wasn't going to do an endzone dance?

whitskins
01-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Carolina looks like they're running the ball with ease right now. The Giants depleted LB unit looks like it's finally collapsing since their D-line is much more concerned with rushing the passer than it is stopping the run consistently.

And if Delhomme gets time then there's no way this Giants secondary can hold down Steve Smith. Sometimes I just look at this Giants defense and marvel at what two 12+ sack guys on the ends can do for your defense, because the rest of their unit is totally ordinary.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I thought Smith wasn't going to do an endzone dance?

Well it wasn't technically a "dance"...it reminded me of Homer and Bart in their living room..cool!!

By the way, are the giants really trying to cover Smith with Terrell Buckley?? He's as old as Ray Brown..

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Carolina looks like they're running the ball with ease right now. The Giants depleted LB unit looks like it's finally collapsing since their D-line is much more concerned with rushing the passer than it is stopping the run consistently.

And if Delhomme gets time then there's no way this Giants secondary can hold down Steve Smith. Sometimes I just look at this Giants defense and marvel at what two 12+ sack guys on the ends can do for your defense, because the rest of their unit is totally ordinary.

But then again Whit, even two 12 sack guys isn't enough. Look what happens when the Skins base their offensive game plan on stopping them. That's what makes the Skins defense so good. There is no weak link. You can plan on beating them through the air, but the Skins can keep the safeties back and stop the passing game. Well that should open up the run game, but the Skins can stop the run with just the front 7.

Ibleedburgundy
01-08-2006, 01:04 PM
The difference in this game is Delhomme has playoff experience and Eli does not. Deshaun Foster looks pretty good.

whitskins
01-08-2006, 01:07 PM
But then again Whit, even two 12 sack guys isn't enough. Look what happens when the Skins base their offensive game plan on stopping them. That's what makes the Skins defense so good. There is no weak link. You can plan on beating them through the air, but the Skins can keep the safeties back and stop the passing game. Well that should open up the run game, but the Skins can stop the run with just the front 7.

Oh I agree, when I said marvel I really meant marvel at how their two ends can make their defense look competant, instead of utterly woeful. I wouldn't trade places with their defense for a split second though.

Hahaha by the way the Giants just got gashed for two long runs, one on 3rd and 11, and the crowd is booing now, I love it. Can't wait til they turn their venom on Eli.

Ibleedburgundy
01-08-2006, 01:07 PM
The Giants fans are pretty quiet and they just started booing their own team.

Giants fans: :weak:

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 01:10 PM
The Giants fans are pretty quiet and they just started booing their own team.

Giants fans: :weak:

Eh, we've booed Brunell, we're just as bad.

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
You know, I want to give the Giants a lot of credit. This is the type of game that I've seen from them all year: they look thouroughly outmatched, but manage to keep the game close. I'm really suprised Carolina is only winning by 7.

NCskinsfanatic
01-08-2006, 01:15 PM
This games not very offensive either...well unless you're a Giants fan that is.....LMAO.

This is one of the few times i have ever found myself pulling for the panthers.

ryflan47
01-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Giants just got booed again at the half.

ryflan47
01-08-2006, 01:38 PM
And the NFL continues to let the Giants have their way. Man these officials suck this year.

SpicyMcHaggis
And the official's love-fest with the Giants continues...

IMALILTEAPOT
guys, can u believe that by next week, we will be 1 of only 4 teams left in the nfc? this stuff hasnt hit me yet

MONK_in_HOF
01-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Total BS call on what should have been a Shockey fumble. They really need to allow the "down by contact judgement" to be a reviewable call. What do you know the NFL is helping the Giants again.

whitskins
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Steve Smith is taking punts back for the Panthers, we should have Santana running punts back for us against Seattle. He's a legitimate threat to go all the way on every kick and he also forces teams to try and kick out of bounds which results in crappy kicks like Feagles has been booting all day or like Frost did when he saw Galloway back there yesterday.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Total BS call on what should have been a Shockey fumble. They really need to allow the "down by contact judgement" to be a reviewable call. What do you know the NFL is helping the Giants again.

Either that or ORDER the ref not to blow the whistle...man that wasn't even close..just an incredible call...

SpicyMcHaggis
01-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh man..Goings looks hurt...bad...that wasn't very enjoyable to watch...

...maybe not...good!

MONK_in_HOF
01-08-2006, 01:50 PM
I am surprised they didn't reveiw the Goings fumble.

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Poor little boy under pressure, you look just like your big brother and pa.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-08-2006, 01:55 PM
TD Carolina after a horrible throw by Eli...:lol1:

whitskins
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Eli is going to be Public Enemy #1 in New York tomorrow, I love it!

SpicyMcHaggis
01-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Go Eli...:lol1: :lol1:

ryflan47
01-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Picked again!!

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Little boy, don't you learn, genetics preclude you from playoff success. Bring in Hass!

MONK_in_HOF
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I am loving this game. The Giants D is getting blown up. Eli, YOUR TEAM IS WEARING DARK BLUE.

danny's stogie
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Did anyone notice how similar that Foster run was to the Tiki run against the Chiefs? Someone teach the Giants to tackle.

ryflan47
01-08-2006, 02:12 PM
We're almost officially the best team in the NFC East!

nicefellow31
01-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Sack by one of the second best DEs in the league.

Skinsfan1311
01-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm lovin' it! 4th quarter just started...Go Carolina!!

IMALILTEAPOT
01-08-2006, 02:22 PM
theres a thread already on this

IMALILTEAPOT
01-08-2006, 02:23 PM
that would be sooooooooooo nice if the gianst got less yards than we did

GeneralDisorder
01-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Eli just been picked off for the third time - the Giants have even less yardage than we did yesterday. And they're at home...

C-7
01-08-2006, 02:25 PM
20 - 7 Carolina

Manning just got picked off for third time, this game is over.

nicefellow31
01-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Steve Smith is a heck of a receiver. I think him and Sanata Moss are very similar players.

Ibleedburgundy
01-08-2006, 02:26 PM
The best part is the Giants and their fans are so delusional about Eli they probably still think he's going to be as good as his brother.

CarMike
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
While its killing me, [HATE the Panthers] its funny as hell since the Giants are getting what they deserve. With the NFL practically handing them the NFC East by giving them an extra home game, it's poetic justice to see them get shut out at home.

Next week, Go BEARS!

SpicyMcHaggis
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Pop quiz: Which is the ONLY team still alive from the NFC East?:giantsuk:

whitskins
01-08-2006, 02:44 PM
My only regret is that Joe-T is not still here with us to bask in this complete and utter beatdown on his Giants.

I'm sure he wouldn't have shown anyways.

nicefellow31
01-08-2006, 02:44 PM
While its killing me, [HATE the Panthers] its funny as hell since the Giants are getting what they deserve. With the NFL practically handing them the NFC East by giving them an extra home game, it's poetic justice to see them get shut out at home.

Next week, Go BEARS!

You beat me to this post. That extra game amounted to nothing. Carolina is a dangerous team. Veteran players with Super Bowl experience. They will give the Bears a difficult game.

colkurtz
01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
I was kind of hoping to play the Giants in the post-season.............that's the only reason I was hoping they would win.

Eli Manning may not be the player of the future for NY, but they've got all their money in one basket! Brilliant!

Santheb
01-08-2006, 02:46 PM
That was beautiful.

akhhorus
01-08-2006, 02:46 PM
SHHHHHHHHHH...if you're really quiet, you can hear Joe-T softly crying somewhere.....

C-7
01-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Steve Smith is a heck of a receiver. I think him and Sanata Moss are very similar players.

Same size, speed, and number.

Smith is a lot stronger, though.

redskin_rich
01-08-2006, 02:49 PM
My only regret is that Joe-T is not still here with us to bask in this complete and utter beatdown on his Giants.

I'm sure he wouldn't have shown anyways.
What happened to him?

Giants suck, I'm glad they got to play at home today and get slaughtered in front of their fans.

ryflan47
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
What happened to him?

Giants suck, I'm glad they got to play at home today and get slaughtered in front of their fans.

I can't wait until tomorrow... oh the school full of Giants fans is going to SUFFER.

whitskins
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
What happened to him?

He was finally banned for his Giants trollish-ness.

GibbsRules!
01-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I can't wait until tomorrow... oh the school full of Giants fans is going to SUFFER.
What's even better is those Giant fans fortunate enough to graduate and become adult fans will endure the same suffering. ;)

Courtesy of yours truly!

GolfFreak
01-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Man, I thought this game was at 4:30. I volunteered to go shopping with my wife and missed this butt whopping!!!

Glad to see the Gints go down, and go down BIG TIME!!! They go shut out on their home turf in January - how sweet is that??? And looks like Eli threw to the wrong team several times. Now that's what I want him thinking about going into next season.

I love it.

flave1969
01-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Eli " The Second Coming " Manning was just wonderful today. Three Ints and a lost fumble. Thats money play that is.

I am sure Power polls will still have the Giants ahead. You know a HOME TEAM, has not been shut out in the playoffs since 1980.

Those 122 yards of Offense look real good today against the combined ten points the BUCS and GIANTS scored this weekend. REAL GOOD.

IowaSkinsFan
01-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Eli looked like a teenager out there against the Carolina D. I haven't seen that look on a QB's face since Heath Shuler was in DC.

Fathead
01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Shucks. The giants lost. I'm so so sad. :giantsuk:

BandWagon
01-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Well that was incredibly gratifying. I remember one idiot Giants fan, after getting stomped on at FedEx field had the BALLS to be talking smack about "who's going to the playoffs?! Who's going to win the East?!" Boy I wish I had his email address now. Idiot. Way to represent the NFC East there guys! Nice showing by the division champs...or should I say CHUMPS. Manning has been on a steady pace, backwards, since about midway through the year. Losers. They need to get rid of those HORRIBLE looking uniforms too. Definitely need to go back to the 80's look. The gray and blue look terrible.

Ok, I feel better...

nicefellow31
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Well that was incredibly gratifying. I remember one idiot Giants fan, after getting stomped on at FedEx field had the BALLS to be talking smack about "who's going to the playoffs?! Who's going to win the East?!" Boy I wish I had his email address now. Idiot. Way to represent the NFC East there guys! Nice showing by the division champs...or should I say CHUMPS. Manning has been on a steady pace, backwards, since about midway through the year. Losers. They need to get rid of those HORRIBLE looking uniforms too. Definitely need to go back to the 80's look. The gray and blue look terrible.

Ok, I feel better...

I ran into a couple of fans leaving FedEx that were saying "we will see you in a couple of weeks at our house." Ooooooooooops!

I like their old school uniforms. Reminds me of Y.A. Tittle, Frank Gifford, Sam Huff etc.

RedskinsDave
01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
There was a jerk on the Yankees board who kept saying to me, "120 yards, good luck next week" as his only response. I quoted one of them and posted, "if there is a God, you are a Giants fan. That 132 looked stellar today"

ryflan47
01-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Nothing like this local news coverage that is bashing the Giants. My favorite quote: "We went out there today, and put the 'P' in pathetic".

What's even better is those Giant fans fortunate enough to graduate and become adult fans will endure the same suffering. ;)

Courtesy of yours truly!

I underlined the oxymoron.

LATrueRedskin
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
After all that smack-talk, the Giants really brought it today. What a choke job. Shut out at home in the first round.