PDA

View Full Version : Very good article about Williams and the defense

PA Skins Girl
01-08-2006, 09:31 AM
by or old friend Pasquarelli:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2284184

Syllable
01-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Fortunately for the Redskins, who won their first playoff game since 1992, their defense was far nastier.

Didnt we win against detroit to get to tampa in 99?

IHATEDALLAS'82'87'91
01-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Yea, we beat Detroit in 99.

Syllable
01-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Yup I just learned that we had a player get ejected in the first half also according to Redskins.com

superskin
01-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Didnt we win against detroit to get to tampa in 99?

I have seen this same errant reference made three times since yesterday, TWICE by Comcast. Twice I had to hear their anchor say "their first playoff win since 1992." In an age of the internet and instant access to information, it is absurd that such a gross mistake can be made in an article or on a broadcast - particularly on a hometown sports channel.

superskin
01-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Holy crap. I just went back and actually read the article. Is this a joke, or did Pastabelly actually write this?

Am I to believe that he wrote "And it seemed like every time Williams dialed up something, the Washington defenders answered the call, executing his brilliant machinations in equally brilliant fashion."??????????????

He must have been high when he wrote it. That's certainly out of his character.

Blind-sided
01-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Mr. Williams much respect , on an EXCELLENT defensive game plain. Fear these Redskin Warriors.

RedskinsDave
01-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Holy crap. I just went back and actually read the article. Is this a joke, or did Pastabelly actually write this?

Am I to believe that he wrote "And it seemed like every time Williams dialed up something, the Washington defenders answered the call, executing his brilliant machinations in equally brilliant fashion."??????????????

He must have been high when he wrote it. That's certainly out of his character.

Well he did make a stupid comment when he wrote "offensively challenged". IT WAS ONE GAME, AGAINST A GOOD DEFENSE. Didn't this team put up over 30 three weeks in a row against division foes? Uh, yep!

Axegrinder
01-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Brian Mitchell said that Gibbs will throw that game plan out the window and we'll be nothing like the offense that we saw yesterday.
I agree,except if the game dictates otherwise.
If we're leading,we'll try and keep the highpowered scoring machine of the Seahawks on the sidelines by running the ball and eating clock.

santanadasavior
01-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Brian Mitchell said that Gibbs will throw that game plan out the window and we'll be nothing like the offense that we saw yesterday.
I agree,except if the game dictates otherwise.
If we're leading,we'll try and keep the highpowered scoring machine of the Seahawks on the sidelines by running the ball and eating clock.

The less Shaun Alexander has the ball, the better.

cal_junior
01-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I have seen this same errant reference made three times since yesterday, TWICE by Comcast. Twice I had to hear their anchor say "their first playoff win since 1992." In an age of the internet and instant access to information, it is absurd that such a gross mistake can be made in an article or on a broadcast - particularly on a hometown sports channel.

No kidding, don't they have a Skins media guide over there? It would seem like a two minute process to flip to the page and see what happened in '99.