PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast For Saturday Rain

hogs86
01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
It looks like we will be playing in the rain Saturday.I think this will help us out even more then Seattle with our ball control game and it may take the fans out of the game.I say let it rain !! So do you think this helps or hurts us.Or it really does not mattter that it rains ?

Showers High
47F

Precip
70%

Wind: W 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 81%
UV Index: 1 Low

Sunrise: 7:54 AM PT
Avg. High: 45F
Record High: 59F (1968)

Showers Overnight Low
37F

Precip
60%

Wind: W 4 mph
Max. Humidity: 85%

Sunset: 4:44 PM PT
Avg. Low: 36F
Record Low: 8F (1950

redskin_rich
01-11-2006, 08:32 PM
It's been raining in Seattle for a month straight now, it's actually becoming quite a problem for the city from what I have seen on the news.
I think it helps us, Brunell showed in Denver that he can throw a wet ball with no problem. The field is artificial, so it matters little as far as footing.

helimech24
01-11-2006, 08:36 PM
It's been raining in Seattle for a month straight now, it's actually becoming quite a problem for the city from what I have seen on the news.
I think it helps us, Brunell showed in Denver that he can throw a wet ball with no problem. The field is artificial, so it matters little as far as footing.

Isn't Seattle more a finesse running team compared to us. I don't see them pounding the ball like we do with Portis and Betts. That would be a huge advantage to us. Plus it would make those average speed WRs even slower.

redskin_rich
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Isn't Seattle more a finesse running team compared to us. I don't see them pounding the ball like we do with Portis and Betts. That would be a huge advantage to us. Plus it would make those average speed WRs even slower.
Like I said, the field is fake, so nobody will be any slower. The only issue will be a slippery ball. Hmmm, maybe we should leave Antonio Brown in DC this weekend.

HAWGZHEAD
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Like I said, the field is fake, so nobody will be any slower. The only issue will be a slippery ball. Hmmm, maybe we should leave Antonio Brown in DC this weekend.LOL, that may be the best idea I have heard today. No punt returns for Brown plaese.

IMALILTEAPOT
01-11-2006, 08:47 PM
both teams play on the same field, so i dont know if any one team benefits from this or not. but i think its just gonna be more of a slug it out game, and a lot of running from both teams. hopefully this doesnt make the gameplan really conservative, cuz i believe we need to score a lot of points(like 24) to win this game

SkinsFan73
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
as long as we actually have an offense then we have a shot no matter if it is raininf or not.

santanadasavior
01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
It looks like we will be playing in the rain Saturday.I think this will help us out even more then Seattle with our ball control game and it may take the fans out of the game.I say let it rain !! So do you think this helps or hurts us.Or it really does not mattter that it rains ?

Showers High
47F

Precip
70%

Wind: W 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 81%
UV Index: 1 Low

Sunrise: 7:54 AM PT
Avg. High: 45F
Record High: 59F (1968)

Showers Overnight Low
37F

Precip
60%

Wind: W 4 mph
Max. Humidity: 85%

Sunset: 4:44 PM PT
Avg. Low: 36F
Record Low: 8F (1950

This is going to make running the ball and stopping the run that much more important.

MONK_in_HOF
01-11-2006, 09:06 PM
LOL, that may be the best idea I have heard today. No punt returns for Brown plaese.

I think Santana has to field the punts this week. If there were a time to use him back there it is now IMO.

DoGood
01-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I think Santana has to field the punts this week. If there were a time to use him back there it is now IMO.

Maybe but I hate to tire him out doing punts. I want him going full speed on offense. However, Antonio Brown makes me a little nervous.

Ibleedburgundy
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM

I would definitely feel better with Santana Moss back there. You can't afford for Moss to get hurt but he makes good decisions unlike Antonio Brown.

Emmanouel8
01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Like I said, the field is fake, so nobody will be any slower. The only issue will be a slippery ball. Hmmm, maybe we should leave Antonio Brown in DC this weekend.

That's very interesting, how does the physics work out that way?

redskin_rich
01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
That's very interesting, how does the physics work out that way?
What do you mean?

colkurtz
01-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Rain slows down the game and helps our ball control offense. I'd say it helps us..........

sdredskinsfan
01-12-2006, 12:40 AM

Showers High
47F

Precip
70%

(1950

Unfortunately, fans there are very, very used to rain.

Emmanouel8
01-12-2006, 12:46 AM
What do you mean?

How is it that the field doesn't slow down players when it's wet?

Axegrinder
01-12-2006, 04:05 AM
I heard on the Weather Channel that Seattle has had 24 or 25 consecutive days of rain.They're on pace to break their all-time record.

redskin_rich
01-12-2006, 06:52 AM
How is it that the field doesn't slow down players when it's wet?
Being that its a new field, with adequate drainage and the turf is that "real turf", I don't think traction changes whether it is dry or wet. So if the players don't have to change their cleats and can run and cut the same, I wouldn't think being wet or dry would matter.

smittyskin
01-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I has been my experience that most surfaces are at least slightly more slippery when they are wet. I just don't see how the fake turf being wet could be a non-factor.

bgforever
01-12-2006, 08:54 AM
I has been my experience that most surfaces are at least slightly more slippery when they are wet. I just don't see how the fake turf being wet could be a non-factor.

The sharpest cuts from runners and receivers have to be carefully done, but straight ahead running favors those with more of a power game. Both RB's, FB's for both teams adjust with excellence, so I see no problem with this.
As GW stated, Seattle's got a Pro Bowl FB, and we have one of the same caliber, (Cooley) but is actually a HB that can also play TE or 4th WR, and so is his backup Sellers (HB/FB)

Since Hybrid is the wave of the future (had to throw that in, because its the Auto Show week in Detroit), The Redskins exentensive use of these guys will be BIGGER in this game. Cooley is due to come out the shell he somehow got in last week and this will be the perfect moment. I believe the air of the west blowing once again, in both he and Mark Brunell's nostrils will serve them well against Seattle. This will force the LB's to attempt cover, freeing up lanes to throw in 3 and 4 option settings. This means more production from the one source Seattle is likely to focus the most in the passing game - MOSS.

ChiefPowhatan17
01-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I think we play well in bad weather. Bring it.

JoeDaSchmoe
01-12-2006, 12:28 PM
It'll make the fans quieter and generally favors a more defensive game. That sounds just dandy to me.

But if Brown is back there for punts, I'm gonna start hyperventilating.

Discalced
01-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I believe that rain helps our cause. I hope that the rain helps our cause. This game is pumping through my veins like hot needles. We need a win.

whistleandthumb
01-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I think this is a HUGE advantage for us. I don't really care about this argument that because the Seattle players live in it, they'll be more accustomed to playing in it. Brunell went to school in that weather, and is great at passing with wet balls (hee hee).

I think the weather makes this a smashmouth, running game, and I'll take our defense stopping Alexander over theirs trying to stop Portis/Betts. This should be a great plus for our team.

CamLwalk
01-12-2006, 12:41 PM
I forecast a 100 percent chance of pain and humiliation for Seattle on Saturday.

camasterton
01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Being that its a new field, with adequate drainage and the turf is that "real turf", I don't think traction changes whether it is dry or wet. So if the players don't have to change their cleats and can run and cut the same, I wouldn't think being wet or dry would matter.
I can only relate to playing soccer on the realturf, as I do most Wednesday evenings. When the pitch is wet, it is very slippery. It speeds up your mistakes (missteps, positioning or poor passing) so you slow down your actions. On defense, you don't gamble as much, you clog up the middle and layoff on the wings. On offense you to stay deliberate in your end and misdirect the opposition in their end to get them skating on the slick. Above all field position matters. Whoever keeps the ball close to the opponents goal usually "slips a few in" past the keeper.