PDA

View Full Version : Pro's vs Joe's

HAWGZHEAD
02-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Any body hear about this show? it is a new sports series from Spike TV pitting teams of everyday Joes against super teams of the world's greatest Pros from Professional Football, Baseball, Basketball and other sports leagues in a fantasy camp-style games competition. Sounds like a interesting concept of over the hills versus never has beens.

I saw Bill Romanowski was gonna be on it, I wonder if he will spit on the regular joe's and taunt them with racial slurs?

danny's stogie
02-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Any body hear about this show? it is a new sports series from Spike TV pitting teams of everyday Joes against super teams of the world's greatest Pros from Professional Football, Baseball, Basketball and other sports leagues in a fantasy camp-style games competition. Sounds like a interesting concept of over the hills versus never has beens.

I saw Bill Romanowski was gonna be on it, I wonder if he will spit on the regular joe's and taunt them with racial slurs?

That alone is worth its own show.

The Skinsinator
02-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I saw Bill Romanowski was gonna be on it, I wonder if he will spit on the regular joe's and taunt them with racial slurs?That's not a bad prediction. I don't believe Romanowski is capable of behaving in a civil manner nor can refrain from promoting anabolic steroids. This show sounds pretty cool. Going to have to check it out sometime.

smoak
02-28-2006, 04:25 PM
The only thing I hear was that Rice was going to be on it. No cable and really no interest in seeing it really (I don't care for TV much). I guess if the Redskins or some pro athletes I care about were on it then I'd tune in...

Keep us posted with who will be in and when!

HAWGZHEAD
02-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Keep us posted with who will be in and when!Will do.

HAWGZHEAD
02-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Here are the first 10 episodes.

1 Cover Jerry Rice
2 Tackle Herschel Walker
3 Hit John Rocker (I wish I could)
4 Block Kevin Greene
5 Out Homer Bo Jackson
6 Outrun the fastest man alive (who?)
7 1-1 Clyde Drexler
8 Stop an Alexi Lalas kick
9 Survive a Bill Romanowski tackle
10 Be PVJ champ

HAWGZHEAD
02-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Here is a link to a pre-view. I swear Romanowski slaps a guy in it lol.

http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/prosvsjoes/index.jhtml?open=episodeGuide

smoak
02-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Hmm... now I have to admit, some of these would be fun. Covering Jerry Rice and tackle Herschel Walker would be great. I shy away from stupid gimmicks like "hit John Rocker" unless they mean "try to get a hit off John Rocker". That would be cool.

I actually got a chace to try and hit off Dickie Noles (ex Phillies pitcher). I fouled two fastballs off and thought for sur he was going to try and get me on a third fast ball only to buckle at the absolute most movement on a breaking pitch I have ever seen! It was amazing! I was frozen pizza, and really just wanted to tip my cap but my competitve side was fumiong and swearing under my breath.

HAWGZHEAD
02-28-2006, 04:44 PM
. I shy away from stupid gimmicks like "hit John Rocker" unless they mean "try to get a hit off John Rocker". That would be cool.

It is try and get a hit off Rocker I was just joking around.

smoak
02-28-2006, 04:48 PM
It is try and get a hit off Rocker I was just joking around.

From what I remember Rocker just reared back and tried to blow it by you. Anyone could practice and prepare for pure speed guy. If he can't get any break on the slider then an average guy could hit him.

They need to give someone a chance to bump draft a NASCAR driver. :D

HAWGZHEAD
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
They need to give someone a chance to bump draft a NASCAR driver. :DThat is episode 11, Out dirty drive Tony Stewart. :flower1: I KID!!

ShaggySkins
02-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm looking forward to this show, it seems like its going to be pretty entertaining. I watched a trailer for it and in the trailer Romo tackled a guy through what looked to be some sort of barrier or ramp and took down a pretty good portion of the set. They also showed highlights of Jim McMahon, Jenni Finch, and Bill Goldberg. Seems to be a lot of trash talking between both groups. Should be very interesting.

tbfoster1
03-01-2006, 05:41 AM
I saw a commercial for this. I thought it would be more of a team type of thing rather than a one on one but it looks interesting none the less

LadyNRedskinsfan
03-20-2006, 11:01 PM
i checked out the show last night and i only stopped to watch the whole show because one of the joe's was from my hometown....:beer: he ended up losing with a thigh injury in the end, but i found the show pretty funny. maybe it was because i laugh harder when im tired, lol.....

has anyone actually watched the show yet? i have to admit, i hate bill romo the homo with a passion, but watching the joes try to catch a five yard pass over the middle against him was good comedy. :)

PyroGenic
03-20-2006, 11:46 PM
I couldve sworn I saw one with Bill Goldberg. It was like, make Goldberg fall down with one arm behind his back. It was the funniest thing Ive seen in a while.

28thegreat
03-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I guess I caught the first episode. It was pretty cool. Rice was on and the Joe's had three chances to stop him from catching a pass. One actually did and you could tell it was the thrill of his life. Then they had to shoot baskets from a moving treadmill. No kidding. They try to do something to level the playing field so to speak. The had to go against Dennis Rodman who shot first. He hit 32 paskets in the time allowed. It looked really tough. Then the Joes got into it and it was plain rediculous. One guy did beat Rodman though, shooting something like 35 baskets. Definitely didn't look easy. Rodman wasn't really known as a shooter though. Didn't watch the third test, something to do with going up against Goldberg in wrestling.

EberKain
03-21-2006, 09:47 AM
I guess I caught the first episode. It was pretty cool. Rice was on and the Joe's had three chances to stop him from catching a pass. One actually did and you could tell it was the thrill of his life. Then they had to shoot baskets from a moving treadmill. No kidding. They try to do something to level the playing field so to speak. The had to go against Dennis Rodman who shot first. He hit 32 paskets in the time allowed. It looked really tough. Then the Joes got into it and it was plain rediculous. One guy did beat Rodman though, shooting something like 35 baskets. Definitely didn't look easy. Rodman wasn't really known as a shooter though. Didn't watch the third test, something to do with going up against Goldberg in wrestling.

The third test is a sport noone is a "Pro" at and the Joe's go against the Pro's that have not competed in head-on-head matches. They played golf on that one, and all I know is Goldberg but the ball two feet from the hole on a 200+ yard shot. Then they elimanate a Joe and the last two face all five Pros in their own sport, they tried to make ten 70mph catches faster than Jerry, get a rebound over Dennis Rodman, get Goldberg's back to touch the mat in the ring, and two other events I don't remember.

The one I watched this morning on the TiVo had basketball as the second match, the goal was mounted on some kind of winch system and you had to make as many shots as possible while the height raised from 10' to 25'. You should have seen those guys chuckin the ball up at a 25' high net, funny as heck. That one also had the Joe's trying to run up the middle against Kevin Greene, yeah, that looked painful.

The show is a bit odd a time, but I'm going to keep watching just to see what the Pros do to these 160lb guys that come on there.

HAWGZHEAD
03-21-2006, 11:07 AM
I saw some of it last night and one of the events was to block Kevin Greene and keep him from getting to the QB in 7 sec. I don't think either one made it past 4 sec, he was bulldozing these guys lol.

Fathead
03-21-2006, 12:54 PM
That is episode 11, Out dirty drive Tony Stewart. :flower1: I KID!!

The next week is out-cheat the 48 crew.

HAWGZHEAD
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
The next week is out-cheat the 48 crew.The Joe's don't stand a chance. ;)

dallasadmin
01-26-2007, 09:33 AM
The Season 2 premier has a nice surprise for Redskins fans. I won't spoil it. Th e premier airs again tonight on Spike.

bfauble83
01-26-2007, 12:10 PM
The Season 2 premier has a nice surprise for Redskins fans. I won't spoil it. Th e premier airs again tonight on Spike.

Yeah, I saw it...great episode.

dj_stouty
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
That is episode 11, Out dirty drive Tony Stewart. :flower1: I KID!!

Episode 12: Outfight Jeff Gordon in a shoving match wearing Hans Devices. ;)

Ibleedburgundy
01-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Man, they had to stay in the ring with an ultimate fighter for 5 minutes. That was brutal, I thought he was going to break those guys. And they were not small guys-all of them between 6'2 and 6'4 over 210.

HAWGZHEAD
01-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Episode 12: Outfight Jeff Gordon in a shoving match wearing Hans Devices. ;)One year later dj strikes back. That was a good one though lol.

CarMike
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I saw it. I love that show.

The Redskins fan won. He was talking junk to Irvin. At the beginning of the show, they showed each "Joe's" video. After the Redskin fan talked junk, Irvin said, "well, i'm used to beating the Redskins so this shouldn't be a problem". Paraphrasing...

The Redskins fan was the only Joe to hold Irvin without a catch. [both were due to poorly thrown balls from the QB]

dj_stouty
01-26-2007, 05:55 PM
One year later dj strikes back. That was a good one though lol.

I'd like to say I've been thinking of a comeback all year and that was it...

But truth is, I thought this was a new thread. ;)