PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker: What part of No dont you understand?

PA Skins Girl
03-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Sounds like Walker will not be coming back to the Pack.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=3/28/2006&id=4066

HAWGZHEAD
03-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Soooo, he doesn't want to play for the Packers? :D

The Skinsinator
03-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah I'm curious to see how effective he will be this year assuming he's playing of course. He was amazing in 2004 with Favre. If he can reach that form again, whomever gets him will be very happy.

shally
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah I'm curious to see how effective he will be this year assuming he's playing of course. He was amazing in 2004 with Favre. If he can reach that form again, whomever gets him will be very happy.

i do not see him regaining top form until the end of this year or perhaps even next. that is the most common scenario following this type of surgery. there are exceptions, but for the most part guys who need that fast twitch kind of skill need time and contact to regain confidence in their knees. the long term prognosis is good, but anyone who counts on him to play the way he did immediately is being overly optimistic IMHO...

also, sounds like green bay wants to keep him...

BigPlayJay
03-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Selling his house already? That's pretty arrogant! A good way to tick off the Organization and get them to dig in their heels and make him sit out the year.

This could get interesting. IMO he's just trying to backdoor getting a new contract instead of the 1.15 million he's already agreed to play for. Hard to imagine him getting big $$$$ giving the uncertainty of his health. But then Drew Bress did, so......

I think if I were him I'd play it out in Green Bay with Favre, run up some huge numbers while proving I'm healthy (by season's end), and get a much bigger payday next year.

PyroGenic
03-28-2006, 06:53 PM
i do not see him regaining top form until the end of this year or perhaps even next. that is the most common scenario following this type of surgery. there are exceptions, but for the most part guys who need that fast twitch kind of skill need time and contact to regain confidence in their knees. the long term prognosis is good, but anyone who counts on him to play the way he did immediately is being overly optimistic IMHO...

also, sounds like green bay wants to keep him...

what about steve smith?

shally
03-28-2006, 07:14 PM
what about steve smith?

not quite sure if i understand your question... but steve smith had an ankle fracture (similar to what thomas had this past year).. the recovery from that kind of injury is much quicker than from an acl repair.. i was not aware that smith had an acl tear (i don't think he did).
same with mcl sprains/tears.. they are much faster to recover from than acl or pcl tears...

IowaSkinsFan
03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
In other Packer news, the Pack opts to replace Longwell with Billy Cundiff. Jeez, from hiring Mike McCarthy as head coach, to dumping Javon Walker, to signing Cundiff, it sure does make it seem as though the FO is trying to make Favre retire.

All Hail the start of the Aaron Rodgers era.