PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me? Or Does The Schedule Look Pretty Tough?

The Iceman
04-08-2006, 03:46 AM
I'm not worried or anything, but I'm not very thrilled about the schedule this year. I thought last years' schedule was a tough one, but this years looks to be just as tough. Any thoughts?

robotfire
04-08-2006, 06:43 AM
That was my first reaction to this schedule. However, it's pretty tough to tell who's going to be good from year to year. Maybe the Colts are going to be awful since they lost their running back, for example... Who knows?

Clint

skins111111
04-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Date Opponent

Sept. 11 Minnesota Vikings -----easy win

Sept. 17 @ Dallas Cowboys ------sweep them last year:)

Sept. 24 @ Houston Texans------easy win

Oct. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars -------their O is suspect and our tweeked O
should handle their decent D

Oct. 8 @ New York Giants ---------tough game--maybe?

Oct. 15 Tennessee Titans --------- Win

Oct. 22 @ Indianapolis Colts -------tough game--without Edge????

Oct. 29 BYE ---

Nov. 5 Dallas Cowboys -------------easy win

Nov. 12 @ Philadelphia Eagles -------gonna be tougher than last year

Nov. 19 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers ----tough game, Chucky has them hummin

Nov. 26 Carolina Panthers ------------good game--Moss vs Smith I'll be there:)

Dec. 3 Atlanta Falcons-------easy Win

Dec. 10 Philadelphia Eagles-------could be tough

Dec. 17 @ New Orleans Saints-----we win, their back home

Dec. 24 @ St. Louis Rams ---------tough win---whos the greatest show on turf???????

Dec. 30 New York Giants

Its not so bad, the redskins.com poll has over 94% of the voters giveing us at least 10 wins, that has to be way up from last year. At least we're playing a few tough teams to get us ready for the play offs........We should clinch home field in our division with this schedual .

BadDog
04-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Although I think we should take the division, I think all NFC East games will be (could be) tough. I don't take any of them for granted. And as far as the others, we lost at least two games last year that should have been easy wins.:banghead:

I like the schedule, but the cowgirls will be out for revenge and the gints will be a challenge, as will the Colts, Panthers, and Bucs. One thing I don't like is having back-to-back away games three times.

IowaSkinsFan
04-08-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm not worried or anything, but I'm not very thrilled about the schedule this year. I thought last years' schedule was a tough one, but this years looks to be just as tough. Any thoughts?

We already knew who the opponents were, now we know when we play them. The dates don't change anything. Plus, teams are up and down from year to year so much anymore that you can't really read anything into any schedule.

PA Skins Girl
04-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Our division is extremely tough. I mean, you could have an argument to stack our division up in any different order - that's 4 tough teams - 4 teams with playoff potential. The next toughest, I think, is the NFC South, who we play. 3 very good teams and I think NO will be much better this year too with Brees and a top draft pick. So yeah, it's tough.

I think what is different this year is, I dont hear a lot of concessions of games. Like in the past, everyone would say, "oh, that game @ Philly, that's a loss". You dont hear that as much this year. Our team is going to be very, very good, on both sides of the ball. We can hang with anyone, and will dominate some. The rest is up to fate.

FanFromArizona
04-08-2006, 09:20 AM
I think it's premature to begin worrying about the schedule, I am more worried about what players we are going to have playing for us than I am the schedule. A dominant team will handle dominant opponents, if we shore up our defensive "weaknesses" [WLB, another CB, keep Sean Taylor] I think we will be dominant, so I like our chances against ANY opponent. Add in of course our offseason moves-retain core players, bring in some key genius coaches, and top it off with filling in positions of need with key acquisitions while not breaking the bank.

I agree that the NFC East, NFC South, and AFC South are some of the HARDEST divisions in the NFL currently, so there is not much we can do to avoid playing these teams. The schedule we have does not scare me, the only one that I don't care for is the Week 2 game at Dallas because we will be coming off a Monday night game, and it will mean that the players will probably have to work on that Tuesday to prepare for the Sunday night game.

Other than that, let the die be tossed and we'll see how the dust settles.
Either way, save for 2 games, we'll all play the same opponents.

techskinsfan
04-08-2006, 09:26 AM
gotta win within the division...we finally did it last year n look what happened...division games will make or break the season and were in a pretty tough division but i think we improved from last year

skins lady
04-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Division games are always tough no matter how good the team is. With the exceptions of the division games, I think the only 2 games we might lose are the Colts and the Panthers.

Vonslydog
04-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Its not so bad, the redskins.com poll has over 94% of the voters giveing us at least 10 wins, that has to be way up from last year. At least we're playing a few tough teams to get us ready for the play offs........We should clinch home field in our division with this schedual .
I bet the redskins.com poll is unbiased. That's to to say I don't think we'll have at least 10 wins...

paner
04-08-2006, 10:12 AM

not to worry. 12-4 record . we're rollin'

PA Skins Girl
04-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Its not so bad, the redskins.com poll has over 94% of the voters giveing us at least 10 wins, that has to be way up from last year.
94%! Confidence is sky high, I love it! Expect excellence.

LavarEatsBabies
04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Just curious, what makes you say that the falcons will be an easy win? I mean they're not a bad team...

Keino
04-08-2006, 11:15 AM
With Parity, there's no such thing as an easy schedule. All but 2 opponents are predetermined under the reallignment that took place a few years ago. With that said, I like our schedule, much more than the schedule, of say the Bucs. I like the idea of having 4 of our last 6 games at home. We play back to back road games three times. We get to play the Texans and the Saints as two of our road games.

I like our schedule, all things considered.

Fathead
04-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Strength of Schedule is something you don't know until the season starts moving. Last year, pre-season, we had was deemed an "easy" schedule. Obviously that was wrong as we had one of the toughest.

There is so much player movement and so many injuries it's just too hard to tell now.

Spence
04-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Schedule is fine. We played tough schedules in the 1980s and early 1990s and it never stopped the Skins from winning. The greater the opponent, the greater the glory.

CamLwalk
04-08-2006, 11:28 AM
All NFL schedules are tough. All NFL games are tough. That said, it'll help us having 4 of last 6 at home. I'm glad the bye week is later in the year (I thought it was unfair we got our bye in week 3 last season--much better to have it later in the season, when they're all banged up). Dallas trip on a short week kinda sucks, but I like having 3 prime time games.

PA Skins Girl
04-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Dallas trip on a short week kinda sucks, but I like having 3 prime time games.
Yeah, but Gibbs' record on a short work week is outstanding. And if we cant get up for Dallas, shame on us.

Patrick
04-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Still too soon to determine if the schedule is tough - MANY more player movements coming and of couse preseason. IT will all come down to who's the healthiest week from week .......... BUT that's could be said for any given season.

redskinz#1fan
04-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Well this is definitely an easier schedule from the standpoint of where our bye week falls. We could have probably made a little more noise in the playoffs this past year, if we had a bye like this year! We already knew what teams we were playing, so it was just a matter of when we played them. We have a very strong team and these are our games to lose, not the other way around!

the real moss89
04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I really don't think our schedule is to bad. It is no harder than last years and we've only improved since last year. I think we have a good shot of going 12-4 this season. Our toughest challenge should be the division games.

CamLwalk
04-08-2006, 10:48 PM
One other good thing I notice about the schedule...Giants have to play EIGHT road games this season.

Fathead
04-08-2006, 11:08 PM
One other good thing I notice about the schedule...Giants have to play EIGHT road games this season.

That will change. I'll be thrilled if they play 6 on the road.

redwolf1218
04-08-2006, 11:24 PM
it looks tough to me, but you never know from year to year who's gonna be good. i'm like Gibbs, i never saw a schedule i liked.

i remember when Miami went 17 and 0, and we lost to them in the super bowl that year, i thought they had an easy schedule. we played them tougher than anyone in that superbowl.

Dept_of_Defense
04-08-2006, 11:55 PM
it looks tough to me, but you never know from year to year who's gonna be good. i'm like Gibbs, i never saw a schedule i liked.

i remember when Miami went 17 and 0, and we lost to them in the super bowl that year, i thought they had an easy schedule. we played them tougher than anyone in that superbowl.
This is so true. You never know if a team that was good the year before, is going to be a bust. Plus, imagine if Carson Palmer would've went down during the season....would the Bengals still make the playoffs? You just can't predict what's going to happen because any player could go down @ anytime, prompting a 2nd or even 3rd stringer to come in and play. Honestly how good would the Colts be if Peyton went down? Probably not that good, but you just never know.

DoGood
04-09-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm not worried. I'm not even worried about November. No estoy preocupado.:)

bgforever
04-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Strength of Schedule is something you don't know until the season starts moving. Last year, pre-season, we had was deemed an "easy" schedule. Obviously that was wrong as we had one of the toughest.

There is so much player movement and so many injuries it's just too hard to tell now.

That's why I appreciate the fun in guessing. No harm, as reality is always the best cure. Painful as it is, I would rather match that prediction with the real outcome. I understand predictions are like draft day crapshoots.

Last year I originally started with the Skins at 11-5. Then when they lost 6 GAMES! I picked them to finish 10-6. Come on , who really knew?

SpicyMcHaggis
04-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Here are my thoughts:
1)Our schedule is always gonna be pretty tough because of our division..with very few exceptions the Cowboys Giants and Eagles are always at least decent and even when they suck they come out to play against us..
2)It's impossible to determine really how good or our schedule is because lots of teams go up and down from one year to another, and because injuries play such an important role in the NFL
3)Timing is also important..by the end of the season a game's difficulty could change drastically from the beginning of the year, like what happened with the Colts last year, or if you face a team that's already eliminated from playoff contention and is just mailing it in, like Houston did last year to win the Bush sweepstakes
4)It's really a little early to judge teams..we're not even past the draft..

redskinz#1fan
04-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Schedule is fine. We played tough schedules in the 1980s and early 1990s and it never stopped the Skins from winning. The greater the opponent, the greater the glory.

You hit it right on the head with that one! That needs to be a logo on a T-shirt.

bgforever
04-09-2006, 09:39 AM
You hit it right on the head with that one! That needs to be a logo on a T-shirt.

here, here get it done, while I am now still able to afford small purchases :)

getting a jacket, send some money to Charitable foundation I couldn't earlier, and another cap. That T-Shirt with that slogan is perfect! Get it done! :)

CowboyKilla
04-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Yes, your right it will be tough. But every year is tough. We can still get it done. Wouldn't want it any other way. 305 here we come.