PDA

View Full Version : Gallery back to Left Tackle

danny's stogie
05-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Good news for "The Game", I heard on Cold Pizza this morning that Gallery is getting moved back to LT. They said playing him at RT was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Now the real question is why was I watching Cold Pizza? I'm trying to fill my morning void left when Tony Kornheiser quit his radio gig until the MNF season is over. Does anyone have any suggestions for something better to entertain me while I get ready for work in the morning?

CNYSkinFan
05-02-2006, 11:57 AM
ESPN Radio is pretty funny. Collin Cowhear, Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick. I make a day out of it.

danny's stogie
05-02-2006, 12:02 PM
ESPN Radio is pretty funny. Collin Cowhear, Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick. I make a day out of it.

Yeah, I probably should just go with Cowheard. He's pretty funny. My problem with ESPN radio is that it gets so repetitive. I liked the TK show because he'd have movie reviews, talk about the Sopranos and Idol, politics occasionally, he wouldn't try to force sports down the audience's throat if there wasn't anything worth talking about.

Anyways, sorry for posing this thread as a duel topic -- I wanted to give the Game, now that he's a part of HR, the good news, but knew it was boarderline thread-worthy otherwise.

chrisbcbu
05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
He will probably get moved back to Guard before the season is over.

CNYSkinFan
05-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Cowheard goes off on tangents as well, Dan Patrick has Olberman on everyday at 2 and they go off on tangents too.

I like it. I have xm radio which is better then the espn affiliate in my town because i get the straight feed and it isn't interrupted for minor league baseball or small college girls lacrosse or something like that.

danny's stogie
05-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Cowheard goes off on tangents as well, Dan Patrick has Olberman on everyday at 2 and they go off on tangents too.

I like it. I have xm radio which is better then the espn affiliate in my town because i get the straight feed and it isn't interrupted for minor league baseball or small college girls lacrosse or something like that.

Yeah, I like the Dan and keith hour.

I prefer the XM feed as well (don't worry H2S, now that TK is done, I'm switching to Sirius when my contract is up). At least the Cuse sports station is an ESPN affiliate. The Rochester station is a Fox affiliate--Worst. Radio. Ever. Rack it! -- which also got interrupted by girls high school water polo.

He's already tried that, the only place left for him is the bench.

shally
05-02-2006, 12:15 PM

agreed... i do not think he is a left tackle at the nfl level...

CNYSkinFan
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I like the Dan and keith hour.

I prefer the XM feed as well (don't worry H2S, now that TK is done, I'm switching to Sirius when my contract is up). At least the Cuse sports station is an ESPN affiliate. The Rochester station is a Fox affiliate--Worst. Radio. Ever. Rack it! -- which also got interrupted by girls high school water polo.

He's already tried that, the only place left for him is the bench.
lol We have a fox affiliate as well. I absolutely love when Rome did his annual smack down, Tony would do a snackdown to mock him. It totally got in Rome's head (who claimed he got in Tony's head of course).

When I was young and dumb I listened to Rome. Now I listen to grownups. Sooner or later you realize that Rome has no real talent and is only a sports radio version of Jerry Springer. Rack me....I'm out.

danny's stogie
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
lol We have a fox affiliate as well. I absolutely love when Rome did his annual smack down, Tony would do a snackdown to mock him. It totally got in Rome's head (who claimed he got in Tony's head of course).

When I was young and dumb I listened to Rome. Now I listen to grownups. Sooner or later you realize that Rome has no real talent and is only a sports radio version of Jerry Springer. Rack me....I'm out.

LMAO! I remember the snack down. It cracked me up.

My other problem with Rome he repeats himself 20 times before, I mean literally 20, repeats himself 20 times, before finally getting to the point.

whistleandthumb
05-02-2006, 12:34 PM
LMAO! I remember the snack down. It cracked me up.

My other problem with Rome he repeats himself 20 times before, I mean literally 20, repeats himself 20 times, before finally getting to the point.
Rome's better in smaller doses, like his ESPN show. His radio show can drive me crazy. I'll listen to it, but mostly during commercial breaks on ESPN Radio.

As for Gallery - this guy was supposed to be a beast, and no one has really heard anything about him. They took this guy at the top of the draft, because he was so great as a LT in college, and what do they do? They try to change his position. Makes no sense to me.

Glad to see he'll be back in his comfort zone, and doing what it is that he does best (not to mention what the Raiders drafted him for!!).

danny's stogie
05-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Rome's better in smaller doses, like his ESPN show. His radio show can drive me crazy. I'll listen to it, but mostly during commercial breaks on ESPN Radio.

As for Gallery - this guy was supposed to be a beast, and no one has really heard anything about him. They took this guy at the top of the draft, because he was so great as a LT in college, and what do they do? They try to change his position. Makes no sense to me.

Glad to see he'll be back in his comfort zone, and doing what it is that he does best (not to mention what the Raiders drafted him for!!).

It goes back to the random and unpredictable nature of the draft. Gallery was supposed to be the safest draft pick in years, but he hasn't lived up to a fraction of his potential.

chrisbcbu
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM

The problem with it is that he wasnt a very good LT(in the NFL). he was actually quite horrible. Which is why they moved him to Guard, then last season they put him at RT(still not a very good tackle) and now are putting him back at LT.

I Like the Cowgirls
05-02-2006, 02:54 PM
yea msot likely

I Like the Cowgirls
05-02-2006, 02:54 PM
The problem with it is that he wasnt a very good LT(in the NFL). he was actually quite horrible. Which is why they moved him to Guard, then last season they put him at RT(still not a very good tackle) and now are putting him back at LT.
i think he was so horrible because he wasnt used to how fast the NFL is