PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we all are paranoid

SpicyMcHaggis
05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/05/predicting-nfc-east.html

2. Washington Redskins: By the end of last season, the Skins were the best team in the division. They handed out whooping to the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles in the final three weeks of the regular season and gave Seattle a hard time in the divisional playoffs despite being totally worn out. They added another group of high-priced free agents in the offseason and have a ridiculous set of assistant coaches under Joe Gibbs. The only glaring question mark is 35-year-old quarterback Mark Brunell, but he was good enough last year. It's hard not to pencil Washington in as a playoff team, even though I would love not to just to antagonize the army of paranoid Redskins fans. Predicted Record: 11-5

Aside from that dumb comment I think he actually was pretty fair, even though on paper I would give the Skins one more win and the 'Boys one less.
But predicting an 11-5 record in the toughest division in the NFL means he thinks we are pretty good.

Keino
05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
SI is still a piece of crap mag, and I wish people would stop linking to them

RedskinsDave
05-15-2006, 12:35 PM
I think we should ban linking to that fish wrap. When some nobody like Perloff makes a crack like that, you know it's something those clowns talk about as if it isn't their biased reporting that ruffles out feathers.

SpicyMcHaggis
05-15-2006, 12:37 PM
SI is still a piece of crap mag, and I wish people would stop linking to them
I didn't link to the site (not the mag) because of the comment. I linked to it because it gave IMO a pretty good prediction of the NFC East. I agree that SI often isn't the best read in the world, actually it sucks most of the time, but in this case I didn't see anything wrong with the article (except the comment of course). If he had called us paranoid and then proceeded to say we would go 4-12 because we overpaid our FA and because we cut 15 starters then I assure you I wouldn't have wasted my time making this thread.

The Skinsinator
05-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Still a modest article imo and I haven't even heard of that writer before. They are still on the Dallas bandwagon even though they looked bad at the end of last season. That's going to be a heckuva game that Gibbs and Parcells will be dying for in week 2. I did like the compliments concerning the coaching staff though. That is one thing that it seems everyone is respecting/fearing.

Ibleedburgundy
05-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Paranoid? If you say so bro. :rolleyes:

I dunno, I'm not impressed by the girls. I don't think they will go 11-5 or even make the playoffs. I think manboobs is vastly overrated. What has he done sans Belichick?

I also don't think Andy Ried is cocky or any more so than he should be because he's a good coach-hell of a lot more success this century than manboobs.

1. Skins 11-5
2. Egirls 9-7 McNabb makes a comeback. possible wildcard
3. Girls 8-8 manboobs retires and morphs into backboobs
4. Giants 8-8 Great supporting cast with no QB.

Also, I disagree that the NFC East is the toughest division in football, especially after the Skins got swept by the AFC west last year. Even though the AFC West has the Raiders, the Broncos are solid and the Chiefs and Chargers have high powered offenses that could win a lot of games if their defenses can make a few stops.

SpicyMcHaggis
05-15-2006, 12:52 PM

I dunno, I'm not impressed by the girls. I don't think they will go 11-5 or even make the playoffs. I think manboobs is vastly overrated. What has he done sans Belichick?

I also don't think Andy Ried is cocky or any more so than he should be because he's a good coach-hell of a lot more success this century than manboobs.

1. Skins 11-5

Also, I disagree that the NFC East is the toughest division in football, especially after the Skins got swept by the AFC west last year. Even though the AFC West has the Raiders, the Broncos are solid and the Chiefs and Chargers have high powered offenses that could win a lot of games if their defenses can make a few stops.
Well having the Raiders, if they continue to suck, helps, and the Chiefs have no defense whatsoever, lost their OC and have a new head coach, and the Chargers are relying on a qb with no experience whatsoever. Those are all question marks that IMO the NFC East doesn't have..

redskin_rich
05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
He was complimentary of the Redskins and took a little swipe at the fans, taking full advantage of our vanity. Apparently he got the memo from Dr.Z, Peter King and the rest of the hacks at SI, that writing veiled insults at the Redskins fans is guaranteed to get your article lots of attention.

shally
05-15-2006, 01:02 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/05/predicting-nfc-east.html

Aside from that dumb comment I think he actually was pretty fair, even though on paper I would give the Skins one more win and the 'Boys one less.
But predicting an 11-5 record in the toughest division in the NFL means he thinks we are pretty good.

still pretty impressive that they would even give us 11-5... we probably will go 13-3 if that is the case..

Ibleedburgundy
05-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Well having the Raiders, if they continue to suck, helps, and the Chiefs have no defense whatsoever, lost their OC and have a new head coach, and the Chargers are relying on a qb with no experience whatsoever. Those are all question marks that IMO the NFC East doesn't have..

You can raise questions about the NFC East as well though, like, Will the Eagles bounce back from all those injuries? Will Eli learn like his brother or pull an Aaron Brooks? Will the Eagles ever have a power running game? Can Roy Williams actually cover anyone?

smoak
05-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Whether you agree or disagree, I find his writing boring. I just want to see how Brunell and the new guys look playing together.

The Jake
05-15-2006, 01:26 PM

I hate the giants as much as anybody, but eli is not a bad qb. Definitely not the weak link at least, they're o-line is questionable at best as are their wide receivers.

The Skinsinator
05-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I hate the giants as much as anybody, but eli is not a bad qb. Definitely not the weak link at least, they're o-line is questionable at best as are their wide receivers.He's not a bad qb but he hasn't lived up to his billing nor his inflated contract. Roethlisberger has already won a super bowl while Eli got pounded badly in his lone playoff appearance. He didn't come up in big game and made too many costly foolish mistakes. I'm not closing the book on him at all but he has still has a ways to go.

joethefan
05-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I think the Giants will flop and the iggles....will not win 7 games with McCan't...it'll be between us and Dallas..IMO...I think both have the potential to make the playoffs .... can you imagin the skins and girls in a Conference Title game...at Fed Ex!!!...WOW I am beginning to tear up thinking about it....

Ibleedburgundy
05-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I hate the giants as much as anybody, but eli is not a bad qb. Definitely not the weak link at least, they're o-line is questionable at best as are their wide receivers.

Can you name an easier QB job in the NFL than the NY Giants? I can't. He's got Tiki, Plaxico, Toomer, Shockey and a decent O-line in front of him. Hell, the Chargers didn't even lay a finger on him last year. His stats are OK but I think a good QB could have really taken the Giants to the next level last year.

HanburgerBum
05-15-2006, 01:43 PM

1. Skins 11-5

Oh, I think there will be little doubt that the NFC East will be the toughest division in the League in 2006. Last year, it was probably the AFC West. But, as Spicy pointed out, Oakland will be terrible again this year. KC is still defensively-challenged and figures to regress. SD will be starting a rookie QB. If the Chargers didn't make the playoffs with Brees, it is extremely unlikely they would with Rivers. Denver is the only team that should stay strong.

In the NFC East, Skins, Giants and Dallas all figure to have double-digit wins. My hunch is that Philly with renewed health will get 10 wins. I think the NFC East will do something that has never been done in history (all teams with double-digit wins).

1. Skins 11-5
2. Giants 10-6 (wildcard)
3. Eagles 10-6
4. Cowboys (10-6) held back by Bledsoe, a statue and a sack machine in reverse, one of the most over-rated players of all-time, Pats were very lucky that he got hurt.

Ibleedburgundy
05-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh, I think there will be little doubt that the NFC East will be the toughest division in the League in 2006. Last year, it was probably the AFC West. But, as Spicy pointed out, Oakland will be terrible again this year. KC is still defensively-challenged and figures to regress. SD will be starting a rookie QB. If the Chargers didn't make the playoffs with Brees, it is extremely unlikely they would with Rivers. Denver is the only team that should stay strong.

In the NFC East, Skins, Giants and Dallas all figure to have double-digit wins. My hunch is that Philly with renewed health will get 10 wins. I think the NFC East will do something that has never been done in history (all teams with double-digit wins).

1. Skins 11-5
2. Giants 10-6 (wildcard)
3. Eagles 10-6
4. Cowboys (10-6) held back by Bledsoe, a statue and a sack machine in reverse, one of the most over-rated players of all-time, Pats were very lucky that he got hurt.

That's a hell of a prediction.

BtwnDaTackles
05-15-2006, 02:02 PM

1. Skins 11-5

I have to disagree with you on that one man, Parcells is a great coach. I understand the disdain for our arch rivals but you have to give credit where credit is due. Bill Parcells not only is a great coach but he has also given so much to game of football. Downgrading Parcells goes hand in hand with downgrading Gibbs. It's just crazy!

RedskinsDave
05-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I have to disagree with you on that one man, Parcells is a great coach. I understand the disdain for our arch rivals but you have to give credit where credit is due. Bill Parcells not only is a great coach but he has also given so much to game of football. Downgrading Parcells goes hand in hand with downgrading Gibbs. It's just crazy!

Oh I don't think it's that crazy. His reputation far exceeds his accomplishments.

Fathead
05-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm paranoid that now we are going to suck because one of the hacks at SI thinks we are going to do well.

joethefan
05-15-2006, 02:13 PM

1. Skins 11-5

the chiefs will not be as good (Sorry Herman)..They lost Sanders :) and Rivers is still suspect dunno about the chargers either.....Eli will choke again...Don't count on Lavar playing 9 games...I think the Giants have a pretty decent D but they have too many additions on that D ..won't gell until they drop the first 3 out of five...the iggles...will not win with McNoway and The cowboys have not gotten any help on their Dfense at all...leaving us to be the stronger of the four

Ibleedburgundy
05-15-2006, 02:19 PM

Wow, I don't really see it that way-to link the two. People always speak about Parcells like he is some sort of legend, and then when Gibbs makes his comeback a lot of the same people said the game had passed him by. :rolleyes: Gibbs had won 3 SB's in 12 years at that point, Parcells, 2 SB's in 17 years. Gibbs' playoff record is better and I think his regular season record has a higher winning percentage as well. Parcells is a quitter. Gibbs is loyal and only quit when his health became a factor. Gibbs all time winning percentage blows Parcells out of the water.

Anywho, I certainly meant no downgrading to Gibbs because I think he is one of the top 3 coaches of all time. You are right, Parcells is a great coach but he is not in the same league as Gibbs IMO.

AliBabba
05-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Anywho, I certainly meant no downgrading to Gibbs because I think he is one of the top 3 coaches of all time. You are right, Parcells is a great coach but he is not in the same league as Gibbs IMO.

I wouldn't back off your original stance. He really hasn't done much since his "comeback" started. I think Gibbs was better before and still better now. I think everyone saw that in Parcell's eyes after each of those games last year.

I don't think Parcell's wins and teams live up to the hype. Anybody that wins two Superbowls is a good coach, but great, eh?? I think that is a stretch. He certainly isn't as great as Boomer and Madden would like you to think he is.

whitskins
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Cool to get some love, even if it is from SI. And the fan comments written below are hilarious.

The people who try to write us off are just desperate to think of a reason why we aren't that good. Uh... They got lucky last year, Brunell sucks (even though he had a Pro Bowl caliber year), they have too many assistant coaches, they got rid of half their team and brought in the wrong FAs...

I love smelling the fear in our opponents.

BandwagonMark
05-15-2006, 03:51 PM

1. Skins 11-5

the nfc east was 8-8 against the afc west last year and the afc west won most of the close ones and a couple of games they shouldent have (denver v wash, oak v wash, kc v wash, sd v was, den v dallas, and sd v philly)

every team in the east has improved and the raiders stink and the chargers got rid of brees.

no question, the nfc east is better than the afc west now!

whistleandthumb
05-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I must've dosed off. Reading SI usually does that.

The Jake
05-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Can you name an easier QB job in the NFL than the NY Giants? I can't. He's got Tiki, Plaxico, Toomer, Shockey and a decent O-line in front of him. Hell, the Chargers didn't even lay a finger on him last year. His stats are OK but I think a good QB could have really taken the Giants to the next level last year.

I agree tiki takes a lot of the load off of him. Shockey and Toomer have had down years consecutively for a while now and plaxico has a history, even in pittsburgh, of not showing up in the playoffs. Easier teams to qb- well I'd have to say denver, san diego, pittsburgh, kansas city, arizona, and indy to name a few have comparable to much better talent surrounding the quarterback. In all fairness, he was in his second year and won the division which you simply can't do if you don't have talent at the qb position. His game against denver in ny was painfully remarkable.

smoak
05-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh I don't think it's that crazy. His reputation far exceeds his accomplishments.

I got out of my to disagree with Dave, but he is dead on here IMO. For whatever reason (probably b/c he coached in NYC), Parcells is seen as a god when he really is not. I distinctly remember hearing ESPN say that manbreasts had a losing record without Belichick on his staff. He certainly makes teams better, but if you notice, he goes to putrid teams that almost no where to go but up (IMO).

I wouldn't say he is garbage, but IMO Parcells doesn't belong in the discussion of top 10 coaches in the SB era.

X-Factor13
05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
It's hard not to pencil Washington in as a playoff team, even though I would love not to just to antagonize the army of paranoid Redskins fans. Predicted Record: 11-5

hahahahahahaha!!!! this guy is hilarious! have we ever pillaged his home?

i say we spare him

X-Factor13
05-15-2006, 04:15 PM
there is no way those freaking cowboys beat us even once. i hate them so much and i think the players are becoming as intense as we are about the rivalry.

Ibleedburgundy
05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree tiki takes a lot of the load off of him. Shockey and Toomer have had down years consecutively for a while now and plaxico has a history, even in pittsburgh, of not showing up in the playoffs. Easier teams to qb- well I'd have to say denver, san diego, pittsburgh, kansas city, arizona, and indy to name a few have comparable to much better talent surrounding the quarterback. In all fairness, he was in his second year and won the division which you simply can't do if you don't have talent at the qb position. His game against denver in ny was painfully remarkable.

I'll grant you Pittsburgh, Denver, and maybe Indy but I don't think Arizona belongs on this list because they don't have a great O-line or a RB (well they do now but they didn't last year). The others are defintely debatable. KC doesn't have great recievers, neither does SD but they both have RB's/TE's who can take over and an O-line to match. It's hard to be critical of a QB who won a division, but in some of those games, Eli did squat and Tiki Barber took the team on his shoulders.

Also, that winning TD pass Eli threw in the Denver game was a jump ball to Plaxico. It's not like he threaded the needle or made some kind of incredible play. That pass would not have worked against the Redskins defense and it shouldn't have worked against Denver but Eli caught a few of their guys snoozing, so he should get some credit, I just don't think it was greatness as much as being surrounded by talented players.

We'll see though, I am predicting a disasterous year for Eli. I could be wrong, but predictions are fun. :)

Keino
05-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I got out of my to disagree with Dave, but he is dead on here IMO. For whatever reason (probably b/c he coached in NYC), Parcells is seen as a god when he really is not. I distinctly remember hearing ESPN say that manbreasts had a losing record without Belichick on his staff. He certainly makes teams better, but if you notice, he goes to putrid teams that almost no where to go but up (IMO).

I wouldn't say he is garbage, but IMO Parcells doesn't belong in the discussion of top 10 coaches in the SB era.

I don't disagree with Dave at all. What has Parcells done since taking the Patriots to the SB? He was a failure with the Jets. He's missed the playoffs 2 of his 3 years in Dallas

LATrueRedskin
05-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I still don't understand why he said we are paranoid? Why are we paranoid? Because we made it two the second round of the playoffs?

RedskinsDave
05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I still don't understand why he said we are paranoid? Why are we paranoid? Because we made it two the second round of the playoffs?

No, its because we rally the troops and call SI's writers out when they slam the Skins without just cause. King made a comment a while back in something that he gets off pissing us off.

akhhorus
05-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Paranoid is the wrong word, but I suspect that whenever a writer writes something negative about the skins, they get deluged by emails. Enthusiastic or fanatical is probably a better word. Its actually a pretty nice and fair write up about the Skins. Right now, 11-5 might be a bit cautious. We do get to play some crappy teams this season(Houston, Tennessee, New Orleans, Minnesota, Dallas).

Meatsnack
05-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Akh, you patrol the Dallas boards... Do they really think that not solving their O-line issues (while ditching Larry allen no less) makes them a better football team? I think the cownotmen are in for a long season.

akhhorus
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Akh, you patrol the Dallas boards... Do they really think that not solving their O-line issues (while ditching Larry allen no less) makes them a better football team? I think the cownotmen are in for a long season.

I don't actually. Danny's Stogie does more of that than I do. Sorry. From what I gather from the other boards I check out, the Cowgirls fans don't even want to talk about it and just say how TO will make that problem go away.

SpicyMcHaggis
05-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Paranoid is the wrong word, but I suspect that whenever a writer writes something negative about the skins, they get deluged by emails. Enthusiastic or fanatical is probably a better word. Its actually a pretty nice and fair write up about the Skins. Right now, 11-5 might be a bit cautious. We do get to play some crappy teams this season(Houston, Tennessee, New Orleans, Minnesota, Dallas).
Exactly akh..that's what I was trying to say, and that's why I made the thread..I really don't care about the feud between the media and the fans, but an 11-5 prediction in an extremely difficult division sounds pretty good to me..

the real moss89
05-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I think that guy got the Eagles and maybe the Giants right but I think the Redskins might have one more win and the Cowgirls might have one or two less wins.

The Jake
05-15-2006, 08:32 PM
I am predicting a disasterous year for Eli. I could be wrong, but predictions are fun. :)

Well I certainly hope you are correct, we'll see how it plays out. I can't believe it's only may and I can't get away from redskins debates already.

ps. About the denver game, I was talking more about the overall clutchness of the play rather than the skill involved. But if I were talking about his skills thus far I would have to agree with you.

bgforever
05-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Paranoid translation from commentary, kissing butt = He's slyly saying we're on good gunja man! :)

Other translation = as much as it pains him to say it

No thanks don't need the love from them no mo', done with. Can't wait till the games start.

PennSkinsFan
05-15-2006, 10:40 PM

and ya know what, the limit for this team is Mark Brunell. Oline three years running. Portis as RB. Moss, Llloyd, and Randle El at WR. Cooley at TE, Sellers at FB. Does anyone really questiuon that part of the lineup that has actual football knowldege. There are two BIG question marks for 2006.

1. Mark Brunell. He is 36 and seem to die off by years end. Does he have it left for a WHOLE SEASON?

2. Saunders new offense. How much will the Redskins have to adjust and how much effect will that have on the offense? Offense is onyl as good as they now the system.

Those are the two biggies for me.

OH, and John Hall. Can he stay healthy?

PennSkinsFan
05-15-2006, 10:40 PM

and ya know what, the limit for this team is Mark Brunell. Oline three years running. Portis as RB. Moss, Llloyd, and Randle El at WR. Cooley at TE, Sellers at FB. Does anyone really questiuon that part of the lineup that has actual football knowldege. There are two BIG question marks for 2006.

1. Mark Brunell. He is 36 and seem to die off by years end. Does he have it left for a WHOLE SEASON?

2. Saunders new offense. How much will the Redskins have to adjust and how much effect will that have on the offense? Offense is onyl as good as they now the system.

bgforever
05-16-2006, 09:28 AM

And Ya Know what? you double posted :lol1:

Good points, but I think M. Brunell really was banged up even last year a bit more, because like Favre, Testiverde, Bledsoe, each fall takes bit more off you. He's tough as nails but he should be better guarded than like the middle of last season. That should help help him down the stretch. Also, if we get some really lopsided wins, we can use Collins and Campbell to mop up to get some sense of feel from regular games. This also would help preserve Mark for a run.

Agrawog
05-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Wow i did not realize the hatred you all have for SI. First of all his comments about us as fans comes from what i am sure is a deluge of emails to all the SI guys when they write about the skins (fair or not). If they don't get a bunch of emails from other fans then they don't care about offending them now don't they? So we should be proud of that comment - it shows how active we are.

If you really want to read some horse&^%%$ go to his article and then look at the comments from readers below. Several have us last of course but some of the rationales are priceless. I actually wrote in just because it was so full of hacks. I was a guest so i don't know if i am up on the blog yet but it was interesting.

I gave all us of at least 10 wins. We are definitely the best division in football.

oldskinfan
05-16-2006, 09:40 AM
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me....

Hey! what's that under my chair? It wasn't there before!

vabeach_skinsfan
05-16-2006, 09:45 AM
I'll grant you Pittsburgh, Denver, and maybe Indy but I don't think Arizona belongs on this list because they don't have a great O-line or a RB (well they do now but they didn't last year). The others are defintely debatable. KC doesn't have great recievers, neither does SD but they both have RB's/TE's who can take over and an O-line to match. It's hard to be critical of a QB who won a division, but in some of those games, Eli did squat and Tiki Barber took the team on his shoulders.

Also, that winning TD pass Eli threw in the Denver game was a jump ball to Plaxico[/I]. It's not like he threaded the needle or made some kind of incredible play. That pass would not have worked against the Redskins defense and it shouldn't have worked against Denver but Eli caught a few of their guys snoozing, so he should get some credit, I just don't think it was greatness as much as being surrounded by talented players.

We'll see though, I am predicting a disasterous year for Eli. I could be wrong, but predictions are fun. :)

If it was a jump ball to Plex, then it was definitely a lucky throw because Toomer ended up intercepting it for the game winning catch.

MoeRedskins
05-16-2006, 09:52 AM
1. Dallas Cowboys: They are loaded with weapons on offense, have systematically brought in the right players to run their 3-4 defense and addressed their kicking problems by signing Mike Vanderjagt. The two biggest fears in Big D have to be a Terrell Owens meltdown and problems on the offensive line. But if Dallas avoids those pitfalls, Bill Parcells could take his third team to the Super Bowl. Predicted Record: 11-5

Bledsoe, Julius Jones, TO, and Terry Glenn? Witten is a player, then thats it. And its going to be hard to avoid O line problems when the rest of the division includes Strahan, Kearse, Carter, Howard, Daniels, and Osinumuyuro just at the DE position.

bgforever
05-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Wow i did not realize the hatred you all have for SI. First of all his comments about us as fans comes from what i am sure is a deluge of emails to all the SI guys when they write about the skins (fair or not). If they don't get a bunch of emails from other fans then they don't care about offending them now don't they? So we should be proud of that comment - it shows how active we are.

If you really want to read some horse&^%%$ go to his article and then look at the comments from readers below. Several have us last of course but some of the rationales are priceless. I actually wrote in just because it was so full of hacks. I was a guest so i don't know if i am up on the blog yet but it was interesting.

I gave all us of at least 10 wins. We are definitely the best division in football.

Sorry for cynicism, etc dude and really we do appreciate, at least I do, the post. Its NOT personal at you at all and I apologize if you took it that way, but we have really been pelted with bs, every since Joe Gibbs came back. However, unlike Parcell's return and the soap box standing butt kissing that went with his rose pettled parade, Joe Gibbs got ridicule, thorns and thistles for the most part, the Redskins have been squatted on more on his return than the OLE Ball Coach coming in and then when we do well, we are riddled like a drive by shooting and our HOF potential inductees get the weakest support since an IRAQ standing army!

So for you to take it personal on our response to ANY writing from somewhere is a bit beyond me, but nevertheless, its not at you or not that we don't relish good accalodes (sp) etc, just still shell shocked from their PREVIOUS BS and NON-COMMENT in fhe face of the PK's and Pastbellis of the world. I want to hear it in the middle of our season, when the support is waning, just because of a first loss or a few bad series. So far they all sound the same the minute we don't give them a Peyton Manning regular season game. Who cares!

meloveskinslongtime
05-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Bledsoe, Julius Jones, TO, and Terry Glenn? Witten is a player, then thats it. And its going to be hard to avoid O line problems when the rest of the division includes Strahan, Kearse, Carter, Howard, Daniels, and Osinumuyuro just at the DE position.

they also lost their offenseive coordinator, who parcells reluctantly admitted that he gave the play calling responsibilities to.

RedskinsATW!
05-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah, the SI crowd (among others) is hedging its bet. Basically their writing says: "Let's say the Redskins will be good, but not TOO good. If they do well, we knew they'd be good because of the money they throw around in contravention to the salary cap (they should really be investigated but obviously Danny has polaroids of Tagliabue "with" a goat). If they don't do well, we can point to Brunell/Coach Gibbs/Danny/(Insert scapegoat here) and we'll all celebrate because we hate the way they run their organization."

Make no mistake, they're all (somewhat) silently hoping we go 3-13 so they can say "I knew they were going to be in trouble. When is Dan Snyder going to learn.... blah, blah, blah." I am (not so) silently hoping that Coach hands Danny the Lombardi Trophy that he so covets. Then I can say "I knew Coach was all over it. He wasn't a 1st ballot HoF'er for nothing. 4 SB rings with 4 different QB's over 3 decades..." Oh how I live for that moment. Just to see Peter Queen and Pastabelly eat the only dish they usually turn down: CROW!

openallnight
05-16-2006, 02:08 PM
He was complimentary of the Redskins and took a little swipe at the fans, taking full advantage of our vanity. Apparently he got the memo from Dr.Z, Peter King and the rest of the hacks at SI, that writing veiled insults at the Redskins fans is guaranteed to get your article lots of attention.
SI is dead to me. As a Redskin I refuse to contribute to SIs bottom line in any fashion whatsoever. And that includes hitting their website; which directly correlates to ad revenues.

Agrawog
05-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Sorry for cynicism, etc dude and really we do appreciate, at least I do, the post. Its NOT personal at you at all and I apologize if you took it that way, but we have really been pelted with bs, every since Joe Gibbs came back. However, unlike Parcell's return and the soap box standing butt kissing that went with his rose pettled parade, Joe Gibbs got ridicule, thorns and thistles for the most part, the Redskins have been squatted on more on his return than the OLE Ball Coach coming in and then when we do well, we are riddled like a drive by shooting and our HOF potential inductees get the weakest support since an IRAQ standing army!

So for you to take it personal on our response to ANY writing from somewhere is a bit beyond me, but nevertheless, its not at you or not that we don't relish good accalodes (sp) etc, just still shell shocked from their PREVIOUS BS and NON-COMMENT in fhe face of the PK's and Pastbellis of the world. I want to hear it in the middle of our season, when the support is waning, just because of a first loss or a few bad series. So far they all sound the same the minute we don't give them a Peyton Manning regular season game. Who cares!

BG -

I am flabbergasted at this post. I wasn't taking anything personally or getting mad at anyone. i was just surprised at the force of the language used against the SI guys (who, I agree, have been very negative and Pasquarelli is just plain unprofessional). Thanks for the nice post and I will respond by saying that i did not mean to sound angry or anything. My point was really that our fans are clearly very passionate and write in all the time since the SI guys constantly refer to that. i like that. The second paragraph - well you just have to look at some of the posts and laugh.

In any event - quite a lot to do about nothing in May!

Can't wait for the fall.

GibbsFan
05-18-2006, 05:26 AM
paranoid? hell yeah, I'm scared the world will end before we can complete next season and win the next SB! Skins rule, Dallas drool...

ChiefPowhatan17
05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Paranoid, why because every analyst on TV and in print bashes our beloved team. We are the team for people to hate, even if they don't really care about football or our division, some still have animosity towards the SKINS. The media gives us no love and never will. Remember some of these "experts" like Tom Jackson don't like Gibbs cause Gibbs and the Skins always beat them.

skinsfan44
05-19-2006, 08:45 AM
I dropped my sub from SI YEARS ago because of those clown writers.

SI is good for one thing, tho.

Toilet paper.

bgforever
05-19-2006, 11:06 AM
BG -

I am flabbergasted at this post. I wasn't taking anything personally or getting mad at anyone. i was just surprised at the force of the language used against the SI guys (who, I agree, have been very negative and Pasquarelli is just plain unprofessional). Thanks for the nice post and I will respond by saying that i did not mean to sound angry or anything. My point was really that our fans are clearly very passionate and write in all the time since the SI guys constantly refer to that. i like that. The second paragraph - well you just have to look at some of the posts and laugh.

In any event - quite a lot to do about nothing in May!

Can't wait for the fall.

Cool man, I ranted like h didn't I. :lol1: