PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the game and...

camasterton
08-09-2003, 11:12 PM
I am going to my toilet to vomit. Everything that I hoped would not occur, did. Penalties, turnovers, missed assignments, dropped passes. The worst for me occurred in the 3rd quater. The Team was preparing for a 4th down play deep in the Panthers' end. I look over at our bench and see nearly every player watching an inane jumbotron racecar game, which is shown to the crowd during tv timeouts. It was pathetic! Thier lack of interest in thier livelyhood was appalling. Surveying the Panthers' sideline, I saw 3 of 70 odd players looking up at that stupid video. On our sideline, nearly every one! No wonder they botched the 4th down play! It was not the only time thier lack of commitment was evident.
Back at camp-
The coaches need to go back to the drawing board and the players need to start acting commited instead of saying how commited they are. This team is supposed to be so fast? Man they were out-quicked all over the field.

Start scouting other teams for D-line help. The Panthers O-line looked like Jacoby-Grimm... Never mind Stephen Davis, all the way through to thier 4th string had running room.

What happened to all these big hitters on our defense? The Db coaches have got to stop teaching the duck and cover method of tackling.

Our TEs and FBs need thier pants pulled down and a full ass spanking delivered in front of God and everybody! You'll think thier pass catching blunders were the worst, till you review thier blocking, or lack of more like it.

Yea yea Rob Johnson, we know you can run, barely. How about running the damn offense, Mr. Freelance!

Fire the special teams coaches right now. Don't wait, RIGHT NOW!

Other than that, I had a wonderful summer evening watching my favorite team.

p.s. Is Cloeman all right? that fall after his catch looked ugly.

CarMike
08-09-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks Cam. It was just as hard to watch at home as it was there I'm sure. Except I didn't have to deal with their fans, like I'm sure you did.

A lot of work ahead of us for sure. Its disheartening to hear you talk about our bench. Of course they didn't show that type of stuff on TV.

camasterton
08-09-2003, 11:32 PM
I've got some pictures, I'll email to you. Nothing spectacular, cept maybe Cloman's catch.

Skins57
08-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Atleast Ramsey seem interested as he was beng nterviewed by Jeff Bostc he kept watchng the game to see what was gong on whle Jeff was talkng to hm. Isn't ironic that they had a power outage in Carolina, since our offense did too. No worry though Davis (the guy who doesn't fit in this offense) light up the darn stadiun anway. Davis and hicks on a tear brings back memories when ew once had a running game.

CarMike
08-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Good deal Cam! Cant wait to see'em..