PDA

View Full Version : Redskins sign DB and OL

hail2skins
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
The Skins signed Dennard Wilson (DB) and Daniel Martz (OL)

Read it here (http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=17484)

IowaSkinsFan
05-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Shouldn't we have had to release someone to sign two players? I thought we were at the max.

Keino
05-30-2006, 05:58 PM
YES!!!!!!!

Dennard Wilson is my Man's little brother, plus he's a Terp. 2 years ago, he was very impressive, but broke his ankle on the first day of Training Camp.

Im happy he's back.

Campbell2Moss13
05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
I think that Wilson will make the team because of the lack of depth at Saftey

IowaSkinsFan
05-30-2006, 06:14 PM

I think we would have to keep 5 safeties in order for him to make the team. How many did we carry in the opener last season?

shally
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
YES!!!!!!!

Dennard Wilson is my Man's little brother, plus he's a Terp. 2 years ago, he was very impressive, but broke his ankle on the first day of Training Camp.

Im happy he's back.

smallish for a safety... might remind some people of clark... maybe he will have the same curve, but the odds are against him..

as for the lineman, he is smallish and undrafted.. we will see what he has in his tank.. at the worst he is a camp body...

shally
05-30-2006, 06:23 PM

i think we will carry 5 corners and 4 safeties... if so, it will likely come down to either him or doughty.. barring injury.. he better be a helluva special teamer..

Keino
05-30-2006, 06:28 PM
smallish for a safety... might remind some people of clark... maybe he will have the same curve, but the odds are against him..

as for the lineman, he is smallish and undrafted.. we will see what he has in his tank.. at the worst he is a camp body...

He is a viscious hitter. The coaches have been telling him they are very pleased with his enthusiasm (According to Dennards older bro).

Also, it has been speculated that Ryan Clark doesn't make the team if Dennard doesn't get hurt......

Red Bear
05-30-2006, 06:40 PM
He is a viscious hitter. The coaches have been telling him they are very pleased with his enthusiasm (According to Dennards older bro).

Also, it has been speculated that Ryan Clark doesn't make the team if Dennard doesn't get hurt......

ryan clark doesnt play safety either and maybe a regular game day inactive if bowen and lott didnt drop like flies early in 2004.

and i forgot who asked but we went into opening day with 4 corners and 5 safeties last year. so its possible we could this year too. any competition we can bring in to compete at safety is a plus for us

JoeJacksonTaylor28
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Taylor, Archuleta, Doughty, Prioleau doesn't seem so bad. I have faith in Reed

SpicyMcHaggis
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Right now we are four deep at corner (Springs, Rogers, Wright, Jimoh), and 4 deep at safety, if Doughty makes the team (him, Prioleau, Taylor, Arch)..so we do have one opening in the secondary..he could have a shot it has a good camp...
I don't know about the O-lineman though..we have lots of them already..

shally
05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Right now we are four deep at corner (Springs, Rogers, Wright, Jimoh), and 4 deep at safety, if Doughty makes the team (him, Prioleau, Taylor, Arch)..so we do have one opening in the secondary..he could have a shot it has a good camp...
I don't know about the O-lineman though..we have lots of them already..

right now i am thinking we could use another corner as opposed to another safety.. between morton, patterson and the guy out of oklahoma with the long name i think that is where the 9th guy comes from..

shally
05-30-2006, 07:02 PM

yup.. that is life in the nfl.. one man's injury is another man's opportunity.. they must have liked dennard to give him another shot..

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 07:03 PM
The 5th corner or (9th DB) spot is wide open. A guy who could play both positions (S/CB) would be an ideal candidate to take that spot

So far I think Taylor, Arch, & Prioleau are set at Safety and Springs, Rogers, Wright, and Jimoh are set at corner (4). Assuming Dougherty has a leg up on the 4th Safety position since he was drafted this year (though that means nothing) and Wilson, Patterson, Morton and the rest are fighting for one spot.

shally
05-30-2006, 07:04 PM
The 5th corner or (9th DB) spot is wide open. A guy who could play both positions (S/CB) would be an ideal candidate to take that spot

So far I think Taylor, Arch, & Prioleau are set at Safety and Springs, Rogers, Wright, and Jimoh are set at corner (4). Assuming Dougherty has a leg up on the 4th Safety position since he was drafted this year (though that means nothing) and Wilson, Patterson, Morton and the rest are fighting for one spot.

i fear for your blood pressure but feel i must let you know...

scouts.com posted a nice article about lumsden today... enjoy, sir..:lol1:

in the interest of public safety, please feel free to delete this afterwards

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
i fear for your blood pressure but feel i must let you know...

scouts.com posted a nice article about lumsden today... enjoy, sir..:lol1:

in the interest of public safety, please feel free to delete this afterwards
it was published yesterday, i saw it, and they gave him little or no chance to make the roster and I agree with that.

That being said stop polluting threads with the "L" word

SpicyMcHaggis
05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
it was published yesterday, i saw it, and they gave him little or no chance to make the roster and I agree with that.

Actually I heard that Lumsden is also an outstanding corner, which makes Springs expendable, and also thrives at safety, so if we lose Taylor we might even be better off..
And he holds his junior high's all-time school record for punting average in a season, so Frost and the australian guy have some real competition on their hands..
And Saunders has been raving about how quickly he has picked up the QB playbook, so maybe Campbell's spot on the roster is not so safe after all...

FanFromArizona
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM

Lots of Laughs regarding the L word.

L is becoming a Legacy item around here.

:lol1:

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-30-2006, 07:32 PM
lumsden is going to be considered a curse word around hear until he makes the final roster. dont make me starting editing peoples post around here.

:)

SpicyMcHaggis
05-30-2006, 07:36 PM
lumsden is going to be considered a curse word around hear until he makes the final roster. dont make me starting editing peoples post around here.

:)
Jesse **censored by spence**

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Jesse **censored by spence**
somebody is begging to get banned........:devil2:

:D

Keino
05-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Actually I heard that Lumsden is also an outstanding corner, which makes Springs expendable, and also thrives at safety, so if we lose Taylor we might even be better off..
And he holds his junior high's all-time school record for punting average in a season, so Frost and the australian guy have some real competition on their hands..
And Saunders has been raving about how quickly he has picked up the QB playbook, so maybe Campbell's spot on the roster is not so safe after all...

This post made me almost spit out my Iced tea.........

PA Skins Girl
05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Anyone know anything about the O-lineman?

bgforever
05-30-2006, 09:32 PM

Ok, better crank up the CHRISTIAN MORTON wagon again :)

Here's a guy same size as Wilson, pretty much, so I noticed how his name was chopped off that list above, given that Jimoh is NOT a lock, this ADDS a bit more to this than at first glance. Some of us are have speculation. That is fueling our desires for WHO we want at a position, as much as being objective, in most regards. We really don't know where a certain player may be or if he will be depth at 2 spots, given Wilson's abilities. Jimoh is pressed by Morton, because Morton IS NOT a rookie, is NOT an automatic FODDER and in one game showed up as BIG if not Bigger than Jimoh in a very, very critical game.

Morton was in on quite a few plays in the previous superbowl as well. This means something, because Morton was also in the Seattle (playoff). I put more stock in Morton making the team, than Lumsden.

shally
05-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Anyone know anything about the O-lineman?

smallish.. weighs about 285... went to alabama and finished in 2005, i believe.. was never drafted and played this past season in nfl-europe.
primarily a center..

sec player, so he should have good skills, but that is about all i can find on him...

bgforever
05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
This post made me almost spit out my Iced tea.........

this is an inept attempt by SpiceyMcHaggis to lambast anyone that had been in Lumsden corner to maybe at least get on the PS at best. Nothing wrong with it and because it was so much posting going on, maybe it upset him so much, he just couldn't let a good jab get away.

Fact is NO ONE that has favor on Lumsden, is considering him the best thing since sliced bread, JUST BECAUSE HE MAY GET A SHOT AT PS. jezz, do you need a blanket and tissues! This is about new additions signed today, not rehashed bs on personal attitudes. Get over it already, people have their picks and no need to bash the player, whos STILL there (isn't he :) )

shally
05-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Ok, better crank up the CHRISTIAN MORTON wagon again :)

Here's a guy same size as Wilson, pretty much, so I noticed how his name was chopped off that list above, given that Jimoh is NOT a lock, this ADDS a bit more to this than at first glance. Some of us are have speculation. That is fueling our desires for WHO we want at a position, as much as being objective, in most regards. We really don't know where a certain player may be or if he will be depth at 2 spots, given Wilson's abilities. Jimoh is pressed by Morton, because Morton IS NOT a rookie, is NOT an automatic FODDER and in one game showed up as BIG if not Bigger than Jimoh in a very, very critical game.

Morton was in on quite a few plays in the previous superbowl as well. This means something, because Morton was also in the Seattle (playoff). I put more stock in Morton making the team, than Lumsden.

the coaching staff played morton last year, so they must have liked him enough to bring him back.. he could end up like wilds and ruf brown who never made it out of camp last year after playing the year before.. but i would not bet against morton who might turn out to be more than camp fodder...

shally
05-30-2006, 09:42 PM
this is an inept attempt by SpiceyMcHaggis to lambast anyone that had been in Lumsden corner to maybe at least get on the PS at best. Nothing wrong with it and because it was so much posting going on, maybe it upset him so much, he just couldn't let a good jab get away.

Fact is NO ONE that has seen a favor on Lumsden is considering him the best thing since sliced JUST BECAUSE HE MAY GET A SHOT AT PS. jezz, do you need a blanket and tissues! This is about new additions signed today, not rehashed bs on personal attitudes. Get over it already, people have their picks and no need to bash the player, whos STILL there (isn't he :) )

my bad.... i shouldn't have restarted things today.. just could resist doing so after seeing another article on the player with the "L"... i won't do it again, but it was done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.. again, my bad..

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 09:49 PM

Now that I can believe

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 09:52 PM

Fact is NO ONE that has favor on Lumsden, is considering him the best thing since sliced bread, JUST BECAUSE HE MAY GET A SHOT AT PS. jezz, do you need a blanket and tissues! This is about new additions signed today, not rehashed bs on personal attitudes. Get over it already, people have their picks and no need to bash the player, whos STILL there (isn't he :) )

For the record I think he has a 50/50 chance of making the PS. And Morton is the favorite to get the 9th DB. So we agree....

BUT

there were some saying we should keep Lumsden over Rock and a few wild eyed candian loving pinkos suggesting we keep him over Betts.

Not you BG, but they are out there....and they know who they are!!

redwolf1218
05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
For the record I think he has a 50/50 chance of making the PS. And Morton is the favorite to get the 9th DB. So we agree....

BUT

there were some saying we should keep Lumsden over Rock and a few wild eyed candian loving pinkos suggesting we keep him over Betts.

count me in. i hope we keep Lumsden over Rock.

i thought Dennard Wilson was already on board.

bgforever
05-30-2006, 09:54 PM

BUT

Ok, noooow, I get it :Peace:

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 09:54 PM
count me in. i hope we keep Lumsden over Rock.

i thought Dennard Wilson was already on board.
See you aren't paranoid if they really are out to get you.

skins111111
05-30-2006, 09:55 PM
probably just fodder but you never know

Keino
05-30-2006, 09:55 PM

Yea, but I saw like 25 Threads pop up pimping Lumsden and so I felt the shot was appropriate. Plus Im a Sarcastic bastard and so I appreciate a man after my own heart....

redwolf1218
05-30-2006, 09:58 PM
See you aren't paranoid if they really are out to get you.
i figured i was already on your list...:beer:

bgforever
05-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Yea, but I saw like 25 Threads pop up pimping Lumsden and so I felt the shot was appropriate. Plus Im a Sarcastic bastard and so I appreciate a man after my own heart....

:lol1: good one

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
i figured i was already on your list...:beer:
Yeah you r on the list but not the top. The top goes to Murceps.

All 11 of his posts are about Lumsden.

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/search.php?searchid=222919

I think he may be Lumsden.

tbfoster1
05-30-2006, 10:20 PM

What about Chijoke Oyenagecha, anyone heard how he is doing

CNYSkinFan
05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
The equipment mqanager is praying he does not make the squad so he doesn't have to spell his name on the jersey order form.

redwolf1218
05-30-2006, 10:25 PM
The equipment mqanager is praying he does not make the squad so he doesn't have to spell his name on the jersey order form.
we are going to have the all-world-scrabble team.

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
trev, of you didnt have to go look up the spelling, you are the man! :awesomewo

tbfoster1
05-30-2006, 10:28 PM
trev, of you didnt have to go look up the spelling, you are the man! :awesomewo

lol, I looked it up after I posted. its spelled Chijioke Onyenegecha, that is if the guy who does the rosters on Redskins.com got it right

bgforever
05-30-2006, 10:33 PM

Ok, you, LADYNREDSKINSFAN, REDWOLD1218, TBFOSTER1 made my night!

shally
05-30-2006, 10:47 PM

as is the play by play team..

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-30-2006, 10:55 PM
lol, I looked it up after I posted. its spelled Chijioke Onyenegecha, that is if the guy who does the rosters on Redskins.com got it right
lol!........i didnt even check to see if your spelling was correct, i figured it was close enough.

tbfoster1
05-30-2006, 11:29 PM
lol!........i didnt even check to see if your spelling was correct, i figured it was close enough.

I thought I had it, I was proud of myself for 10 seconds before I checked, but your right its definatly close enough :)

skinfan43
05-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I thought I had it, I was proud of myself for 10 seconds before I checked, but your right its definatly close enough :)
it's - definitely...

LOL! TB, I just had to...:Peace:

SpicyMcHaggis
05-31-2006, 02:43 AM

Wow..I'm sorry my post came out all wrong to you..I was just joking (so maybe it was an inept attempt at a joke), definitely not trying to lambast anyone, or bash the player. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings in any way, and I'll refrain from making any more jokes about Lumsden from here on out, or actually discussing him unless he makes the final roster.
But just for the record, I was not upset at all about the posting on Lumsden, and I do not need a blanket and tissues. However you are seriously downplaying the favor expressed here on Lumsden if you say people were just hoping he could get a shot at the practice squad. I am not referring directly to you, but there have been people here saying he could challenge Betts for the backup job, or his presence alone make Rock or Betts expendable. I fing this a bit ridiculous because nobody here has actually ever seen him play, except for a highlight video, which by definition are made from the highlights of a player's career, and so are completely useless, and even when he did play, it was in Division II and the CFL. So instead of just saying "what the hell are you guys talking about?" I thought it would be nicer to express my feelings on the subject sarcastically. But if that is a problem I can and will stop.
Having said that, if he turns out to be a good player for us, I'll be thrilled.
Sorry for going OT again.

tbfoster1
05-31-2006, 05:44 AM
it's - definitely...

LOL! TB, I just had to...:Peace:

oohhhhh, you got me. Well I'll definitely be proof reading all of your posts for a week... Wat du u thenk aboot thate? lol

CNYSkinFan
05-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Wow..I'm sorry my post came out all wrong to you..I was just joking (so maybe it was an inept attempt at a joke), definitely not trying to lambast anyone, or bash the player. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings in any way, and I'll refrain from making any more jokes about Lumsden from here on out, or actually discussing him unless he makes the final roster.
But just for the record, I was not upset at all about the posting on Lumsden, and I do not need a blanket and tissues. However you are seriously downplaying the favor expressed here on Lumsden if you say people were just hoping he could get a shot at the practice squad. I am not referring directly to you, but there have been people here saying he could challenge Betts for the backup job, or his presence alone make Rock or Betts expendable. I fing this a bit ridiculous because nobody here has actually ever seen him play, except for a highlight video, which by definition are made from the highlights of a player's career, and so are completely useless, and even when he did play, it was in Division II and the CFL. So instead of just saying "what the hell are you guys talking about?" I thought it would be nicer to express my feelings on the subject sarcastically. But if that is a problem I can and will stop.
BTW I went and saw the highlight vide last night and is it just me but he looked a little slow and almost always went down with first contact. Every now and then he got a twenty yard return or 18 yard run or pass catch, but nothing I would be too impressed with. Where were the 60+yard runs and the returns for a TD I had been hearing about?

I saw the highlight package on jesselumsdell.com so if there are others that got people stoked I would love to see it.

shally
05-31-2006, 08:48 AM
BTW I went and saw the highlight vide last night and is it just me but he looked a little slow and almost always went down with first contact. Every now and then he got a twenty yard return or 18 yard run or pass catch, but nothing I would be too impressed with. Where were the 60+yard runs and the returns for a TD I had been hearing about?

I saw the highlight package on jesselumsdell.com so if there are others that got people stoked I would love to see it.

the warpath insiders article struck a very complimentary tone.. they were actually commententing about the possibility of him replacing betts, as this may end up being betts last year as a redskin... not saying i agree with it, but it is not just some of the posters here who have gone overboard on the subject..

CNYSkinFan
05-31-2006, 09:05 AM
the warpath insiders article struck a very complimentary tone.. they were actually commententing about the possibility of him replacing betts, as this may end up being betts last year as a redskin... not saying i agree with it, but it is not just some of the posters here who have gone overboard on the subject..
See i took the tone of that article as the only way for Lumsden to get on the roster is through Betts, which was unlikely. They supposed that if Betts and Lumsden perform equally in camp that the tie could go to Lumsden since the Redskins would have rights to him for four years (he has a one year contract but he could not be a free agent for four years under the CBA) and Betts contract is up this year. I don't think it is very likely that he will outperform Betts. And even if he did the redskins could put him on the PS and still have hime ready for when Betts leaves.

bwparker
05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
I wanted to let you guys know that I have a tenous personal connection with Dan Martz. One of my good friends was childhood friends with him and their families are still fairly close. He was actually at my friends wedding this past December. His chances of making the squad are probably slim to none, but if he manages it I might get a shot at free stuff(;)) So lets all root for him.

shally
05-31-2006, 09:11 AM
See i took the tone of that article as the only way for Lumsden to get on the roster is through Betts, which was unlikely. They supposed that if Betts and Lumsden perform equally in camp that the tie could go to Lumsden since the Redskins would have rights to him for four years (he has a one year contract but he could not be a free agent for four years under the CBA) and Betts contract is up this year. I don't think it is very likely that he will outperform Betts. And even if he did the redskins could put him on the PS and still have hime ready for when Betts leaves.

i agree... but i do think that betts' potential unsignability factors into things.
perhaps even a lot.
still, to have even mentioned it in passing was a real plus for lumsden.. also, betts has had a lot of injuries over a short career and it is no sure thing he stays healthy this year. so it is not just out performing betts, it is out lasting him physically. who knows where lumsden falls in that category.

i also think he could make the squad by outperforming rock and nemo.. both of those guys are no sure things..

in the end, it will come down to how he performs in camp and preseason

shally
05-31-2006, 09:13 AM
I wanted to let you guys know that I have a tenous personal connection with Dan Martz. One of my good friends was childhood friends with him and their families are still fairly close. He was actually at my friends wedding this past December. His chances of making the squad are probably slim to none, but if he manages it I might get a shot at free stuff(;)) So lets all root for him.

can you provide a thumbnail of his career in college? (since he has almost nil as a pro)

CNYSkinFan
05-31-2006, 09:34 AM
i agree... but i do think that betts' potential unsignability factors into things.
perhaps even a lot.
still, to have even mentioned it in passing was a real plus for lumsden.. also, betts has had a lot of injuries over a short career and it is no sure thing he stays healthy this year. so it is not just out performing betts, it is out lasting him physically. who knows where lumsden falls in that category.

i also think he could make the squad by outperforming rock and nemo.. both of those guys are no sure things..

in the end, it will come down to how he performs in camp and preseason

that is another thing that is weird about that article because NEmo has switched to fullback and is not fighting with Rock or Lumsden for position anymore.

shally
05-31-2006, 09:41 AM
that is another thing that is weird about that article because NEmo has switched to fullback and is not fighting with Rock or Lumsden for position anymore.

i do not think that anyone has a real handle how many we are going to carry at various positions.. FB, H back, RB, TE... there is going to be some overlap in the assignments so i doubt that it is carved in stone how many we carry..
that makes it hard to project what a certain player's roster potential is..

redskinz#1fan
05-31-2006, 09:50 AM
and i forgot who asked but we went into opening day with 4 corners and 5 safeties last year. so its possible we could this year too. any competition we can bring in to compete at safety is a plus for us

After being banged-up at CB last year and being desperate at times with both Srings & Rogers being hurt, I think that we will carry 5 CB's & 4 S. We definitely don't want to be in a position that we were in last year.

bwparker
05-31-2006, 10:22 AM
can you provide a thumbnail of his career in college? (since he has almost nil as a pro)

I didn't follow him in college at all(because I hadn't met him at that point)...I tried to find stuff on him but there isn't much. He played RG at Alabama, it doesn't look like he consistantly started until his senior year. Most people projected him to go undrafted, but a couple of places had him listed as a good pickup after the draft. New England worked him out, but cut him. He played in NFL Europe as a FA for Cologne and now just got signed with the Redskins. Thats pretty much the skinny on what I could find.

shally
05-31-2006, 10:55 AM
I didn't follow him in college at all(because I hadn't met him at that point)...I tried to find stuff on him but there isn't much. He played RG at Alabama, it doesn't look like he consistantly started until his senior year. Most people projected him to go undrafted, but a couple of places had him listed as a good pickup after the draft. New England worked him out, but cut him. He played in NFL Europe as a FA for Cologne and now just got signed with the Redskins. Thats pretty much the skinny on what I could find.

thanks.. i did read that he played center this past season in europe.. might be a better position for him if he is still going about 285

skinfan43
05-31-2006, 11:02 AM
oohhhhh, you got me. Well I'll definitely be proof reading all of your posts for a week... Wat du u thenk aboot thate? lol
proofreading (one word only, TB);)
Sounds vaguely Canadian,...LMAO!!!!
Sory if my speling roks, Fostir!!!!!

PA Skins Girl
05-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Danny Martz:

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2005/showplayer.php?key=Danny%20Martz

skinfan43
05-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Danny Martz:

Undersized at 288, but that could change in one offseason, and reportedly quick off the ball. I like that he won the most improved offensive lineman award, but pretty blah in the other things mentioned about him. A longshot at best, IMO.

PA Skins Girl
05-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Undersized at 288, but that could change in one offseason, and reportedly quick off the ball. I like that he won the most improved offensive lineman award, but pretty blah in the other things mentioned about him. A longshot at best, IMO.
288 is small by today's standards. Back in the days of the Hogs, Grimm was 285 and Bostic was 280.

I think the smaller, quicker linemen are coming back in style. I think Denver's line is built that way.

bgforever
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM

I over did it, (as Usual). Naa, I was more mouthy than emotionally upset (or could it be, I don't know my inner child ). In any event, apology accepted, but you didn't really have to, a nice clop upside my head would have been sufficient. :)

shally
05-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Danny Martz:

nice work, thank you...

sounds like lennie friedman re-incarnated

shally
05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
288 is small by today's standards. Back in the days of the Hogs, Grimm was 285 and Bostic was 280.

I think the smaller, quicker linemen are coming back in style. I think Denver's line is built that way.

i think bostic went about 260 for much of his career.. maybe at the end he got up near 280.. he was definitely the runt of the litter

FanFromArizona
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Washington Redskins CB Dennard Wilson's two-year contract included base salaries of $275,000 (2006) and $360,000 (2007).

Is this dude a CB or Safety? Is this a misprint?
I would be upset that someone this inexperienced would get a 2 year contract over an experienced corner like Wright....I hope he is a safety, but am still curious why he was signed for 2 years.

skinfan43
05-31-2006, 11:42 PM
I would be upset that someone this inexperienced would get a 2 year contract over an experienced corner like Wright....I hope he is a safety, but am still curious why he was signed for 2 years.
I am 99.9% certain he is a Safety. I think they meant to put DB (not CB) which he still would be, obviously.

SpicyMcHaggis
06-01-2006, 02:57 AM
I over did it, (as Usual). Naa, I was more mouthy than emotionally upset (or could it be, I don't know my inner child ). In any event, apology accepted, but you didn't really have to, a nice clop upside my head would have been sufficient. :)
We're cool!
:beer:

SpicyMcHaggis
06-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Could it be that it was Wright that wanted a one year contract because he didn't want to be stuck in a nickel role for more than a year and thought he could get a chance to start somewhere else next year?

CNYSkinFan
06-01-2006, 06:34 AM
With no signing bonus or not much of one the second year means absolutely nothing.

PA Skins Girl
06-01-2006, 06:38 AM
i think bostic went about 260 for much of his career.. maybe at the end he got up near 280.. he was definitely the runt of the litter
You're right. Grimm used to call him (lovingly), "short little fat s***".

shally
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Could it be that it was Wright that wanted a one year contract because he didn't want to be stuck in a nickel role for more than a year and thought he could get a chance to start somewhere else next year?

i believe you are correct.. wright may he he can find a place where he can start next year based upon performance..