PDA

View Full Version : Ravens scrimmage

RedskinsDave
07-08-2006, 03:51 PM
While there is not charge for admission, the parking will cost $25. Free just ain't what it used to be.

shally
07-08-2006, 03:53 PM
While there is not charge for admission, the parking will cost $25. Free just ain't what it used to be.

ouch !!! got to pay for lloyd and randle el someway...
:lol1:

CarMike
07-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Did the Ravens charge for last years scrimmage?

redskin_rich
07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Did the Ravens charge for last years scrimmage?
Yes, $12 per ticket and $20 to park.

FanFromArizona
07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Too bad us out of towners can't watch or attend. :cry:

CarMike
07-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes, $12 per ticket and $20 to park.
Thats good. We shouldn't have any Raven fans stopping by to let us know how greedy Snyder is....

redskin_rich
07-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Last year, it was broadcast over the radio and we had a "game" thread going. Hopefully, the fine members here that don't attend can do the same for you out-of-towners.
:beer:

LadyNRedskinsfan
07-08-2006, 07:22 PM
just hop in a car with two or more people. cuts down on the price. :D

FanFromArizona
07-08-2006, 07:22 PM
If I recall, the format of the scrimmage is different, isn't it?

No points are recorded, its basic plays[offense vs defense]and no refs if I remember correctly?

Red Bear
07-08-2006, 07:34 PM
who is willing to predict taylor jacobs will get hurt again and miss training camp?

forcefield58
07-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I predict the starters will play for 5 minutes then will retire to the locker room for some Xbox action.

You think this will even be televised???

CarMike
07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
who is willing to predict taylor jacobs will get hurt again and miss training camp?
I predict that TJ will have 10 catches for over 200 yards and 3 TDs in the scrimmage.

Unfortunately, those will also be his #s once the season ends. Well, without the 3 TDs.

Some guys are practice players...

shally
07-08-2006, 11:30 PM
I predict that TJ will have 10 catches for over 200 yards and 3 TDs in the scrimmage.

Unfortunately, those will also be his #s once the season ends. Well, without the 3 TDs.

Some guys are practice players...

whatever his numbers, i am betting they are for another team this season.

unless he goes on IR...

redskin_rich
07-08-2006, 11:42 PM
If I recall, the format of the scrimmage is different, isn't it?

No points are recorded, its basic plays[offense vs defense]and no refs if I remember correctly?
They record the scores and there are refs but the QB can't be sacked (the play is whistled dead at the moment he is touched). Of course the plays are basic, just like in the preseason, you don't show your playbook. Also, turnovers don't matter, each team gets a set number of plays on each offensive drive.

You watch it more for individual performances than team. It's a great chance to see how the young and unproven players fare against veteran players from another team. You can also see how sharp the QB's are, how well the lineman are blocking and how the DB's are in coverage.
Though not a real game setting, there are a lot of tell-tale signs seen in these scrimmages. Brunell really outshined Ramsey last year in the scrimmage.

Smurf85
07-09-2006, 02:38 AM
just hop in a car with two or more people. cuts down on the price. :D

From Michigan i dont think so.:lol1:

Thugzbunny
07-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Hahahaha

If he misses the camp for any reason whatsoever he's canned. It will make GW's job easier. He won't get another chance this time around.

GoDannyBoy
07-09-2006, 01:28 PM
$25 a car isn't bad. They have to pay for parking attendants, security and clean up. I bet they make up the difference in beer sales.

bgforever
07-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Someone's just put out a press release of nearing completion of WIRELESS for IPOD, etc. This may allow us even greater access sooner than we think!

gibbsisgod
07-09-2006, 07:28 PM

hear that:cry:

redskinz#1fan
07-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Hahahaha

If he misses the camp for any reason whatsoever he's canned. It will make GW's job easier. He won't get another chance this time around.

What does GW have to do with Jacobs??

redskin_rich
07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
LOL, I guess Jacobs has gotten a lot of work on the scout team against GW's defense.

joethefan
07-10-2006, 08:59 AM
I know one thing. I will never attend another Ravens scrimmage ever again!!!...Long lines-hot as hell well not as hell, but very hot....maybe 96.

We waited on that bridge before you get past that stadium for 1 hour....after leaving Laural 1 hour earlier......It was a complete mess. The $25.00 a car isn't badd. I like it.

smoak
07-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I'd possibly be up for the scrimmage if I can scrounge together a caravan from the North (Dr. J, pgiddy,etc). Otherwise, to be honest I am fine with my two preseason games.

redskinz#1fan
07-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd possibly be up for the scrimmage if I can scrounge together a caravan from the North (Dr. J, pgiddy,etc). Otherwise, to be honest I am fine with my two preseason games.

Smoak you gotta make it! I'm bringing several skins fans with me from down here in Newport News. I plan on being there as soon as the gates open, so we can tailgate for several hours before the scrimmage and the FAD kicks off. I mentioned in another thread about us (HR members) getting together for a "Pre" season kickoff tailgate party. I hope to see you there Smoak!

joethefan
07-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Smoak you gotta make it! I'm bringing several skins fans with me from down here in Newport News. I plan on being there as soon as the gates open, so we can tailgate for several hours before the scrimmage and the FAD kicks off. I mentioned in another thread about us (HR members) getting together for a "Pre" season kickoff tailgate party. I hope to see you there Smoak!

Yea let me know what you guys are going to do...then maybe I can school Smoak on my secret bbq sauce....sike..LOL

Thugzbunny
07-10-2006, 03:25 PM

:lol1:

Typo, I meant to say JG

pmdad
07-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I hear that the parking is free.

Jon Jansen is money
07-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I hear that the parking is free.

According to the Skins website it is 25 a car

I'll definitely be there. Had a good time last year in bawlmer cheering fellow skins fans in the car on 95 N.

MoeRedskins
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
so if I were to take the metro up there would I be able to walk into the stadium for free then?

Spence
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
While there is not charge for admission, the parking will cost $25. Free just ain't what it used to be.Well, it isn't free, for one thing!

tbfoster1
07-10-2006, 04:50 PM
I'll be there hell or high water. 25 dollars for a full day of fun with the Skins is like a fart in a hurricane as far as I'm concerned.

redskinz#1fan
07-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I'll be there hell or high water. 25 dollars for a full day of fun with the Skins is like a fart in a hurricane as far as I'm concerned.

I'm with you on that one TB! Hell I spend $25 dollars at Chuck e cheese with my daughter, so you best believe that I will be there for this! I will be there from the time the gates open up. I guess we can get up there, since I didn't get a chance to catch ya'll at the beach blitz.

BandWagon
07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
And we're surprised? At least it's cheaper than the $75 parking ticket I got in Baltimore last year....

smoak
07-11-2006, 03:00 PM

Hey, it sounds like a blast and I am always up for partying with my extended family. The great thing about a scrimmage is that I can relax and let my hair down a little more (I am too amped up on gamedays to really enjoy tailgating as much). I just have to try and hitch a ride b/c I'll be without the Jeep come 7/29. It'll be the first time in nine years that I will be without a Wrangler... very emotional.

smoak
07-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Yea let me know what you guys are going to do...then maybe I can school Smoak on my secret bbq sauce....sike..LOL

Do I smell a cookoff? :D All kidding aside, it would be great to see everyone. I'll talk to a couple of the northern region fans and see what develops.

redskin_rich
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Do I smell a cookoff? :D All kidding aside, it would be great to see everyone. I'll talk to a couple of the northern region fans and see what develops.
The problem is, the gates don't open until 10:30 and the scrimmage is at noon. Not much time to tailgate and with this being general admission, I would want to stake out seats pretty early. I think the best plan is to set up a meeting spot, say, a certain gate and be there by 11:15 or so and then we all go in and enjoy the festivities. We could always bring coolers and meet up afterwards in the lot for a post tailgate party. Just my thoughts...

tbfoster1
07-12-2006, 05:55 PM
The problem is, the gates don't open until 10:30 and the scrimmage is at noon. Not much time to tailgate and with this being general admission, I would want to stake out seats pretty early. I think the best plan is to set up a meeting spot, say, a certain gate and be there by 11:15 or so and then we all go in and enjoy the festivities. We could always bring coolers and meet up afterwards in the lot for a post tailgate party. Just my thoughts...

the parking lot opens at 9. gates to the stadium open at 10:30

redskin_rich
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
the parking lot opens at 9. gates to the stadium open at 10:30
Ah, I didn't see that. That leaves enough time for a short tailgate but unlike normal games, seating is not designated, so I will still be heading in shortly after the gates open.

bgforever
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM

I am awful with commitments right now, but the one dang thing that keeps happening is I get a window of opportunity and something else happens.

just playing it by ear, but a date for the Skins is certain, just can't get it nailed down yet.