PDA

View Full Version : Very Interesting Palestinian Perspective

Keino
07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Regarding the current violence in Gaza.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/10/AR2006071001108.html?nav=most_emailed_emailafriend

Spence
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Why did the author put the word kidnapped in quotation marks? The soldier was kidnapped and is now being held against his will by Palestinian militants. So why the quotation marks? And why doesn't the author mention the rockets the Palestinians have been firing from Gaza into Israel for months?

Keino
07-12-2006, 08:18 AM
I can't say, only that he is offering a different perspective. I think he raises some very valid issues, but I won't sit here and act like the Palestinians or the Israelis can claim moral high ground in this conflict.

RedskinsDave
07-12-2006, 08:39 AM
effort to destroy the results of fair and free elections held early this year.

Where you geniuses elected terrorists!! Nice work there.

I am no supporter of Israel but this whole piece is garbage.

akhhorus
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Some points:
-The author completely fails to mention that the Palestinians started this by kidnapping an Israeli soldier. And what I find hilarious is that Hamas didn't kidnap the kid, but other groups did and Hamas was moronic for not turning him over. Now they look completely incompentant and ineffective.

-The beach attack, its pretty clear now that it was staged by someone, and not an Israeli attack.

-And he is one of the leaders of Hamas and in the article he demands for the restoration of the 1967 borders, not for Israel to go away. Interesting....

Keino
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Where you geniuses elected terrorists!! Nice work there.

I am no supporter of Israel but this whole piece is garbage.

Because the prior regime wasn't providing essential services and was rampant with corruption.

If we support democracy, then we have to support democracy.

RedskinsDave
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Because the prior regime wasn't providing essential services and was rampant with corruption.

If we support democracy, then we have to support democracy.

No we don't. I don't think a white supremacist should be allowed to hold office in this country. I don't think terrorists should lead countries.

bgforever
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
No we don't. I don't think a white supremacist should be allowed to hold office in this country. I don't think terrorists should lead countries.

Well spoken!

bgforever
07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Some points:
-The author completely fails to mention that the Palestinians started this by kidnapping an Israeli soldier. And what I find hilarious is that Hamas didn't kidnap the kid, but other groups did and Hamas was moronic for not turning him over. Now they look completely incompentant and ineffective.

-The beach attack, its pretty clear now that it was staged by someone, and not an Israeli attack.

-And he is one of the leaders of Hamas and in the article he demands for the restoration of the 1967 borders, not for Israel to go away. Interesting....

Two edge sword? Moderate maybe? I really don't believe it would have lasted (repeeling the border) since we know what happened to Begin (assassinated) when he attempted a moderate move between Israel and the Palestinians. The dark forces on both sides resides too deep and the constant mistrust keeps bubbling to the top. Simply put, they are paying the price for electing a terrorit leadership, and the moderates and anti-terrorists of Palestine suffer because of it.

Keino
07-12-2006, 12:02 PM

Dave White supremacists were democratically elected all thorughout the history of this country. Eventually, our people decided it was not in the best interests of the nation to elect these types, but it certainly wasn't mandated from outside.

akhhorus
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Dave White supremacists were democratically elected all thorughout the history of this country. Eventually, our people decided it was not in the best interests of the nation to elect these types, but it certainly wasn't mandated from outside.

That doesn't mean that we have to coddle Hamas or deny what they are.

Keino
07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
That doesn't mean that we have to coddle Hamas or deny what they are.

I agree. But it shuldn't mean that we refuse to deal with them when their people elected them, if we are going to call ourselves encouraging democracy. As I have argued before, the Israelis are as much terrorists as Hamas in my opinion.

akhhorus
07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree. But it shuldn't mean that we refuse to deal with them when their people elected them, if we are going to call ourselves encouraging democracy.

And we said we wouldn't until they recognized Israel. Right as this Gaza fight started, they did. But that doesn't mean we can't try to undermine them.

As I have argued before, the Israelis are as much terrorists as Hamas in my opinion.

I disagree. Israel has bloody hands, but Hamas' are far bloodier.

swheeler
07-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Why did the author put the word kidnapped in quotation marks? The soldier was kidnapped and is now being held against his will by Palestinian militants. So why the quotation marks?
Maybe he wants it to be considered a POW scenario, not a kidnapping? Just speculating.

akhhorus
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Maybe he wants it to be considered a POW scenario, not a kidnapping? Just speculating.

Thats exactly it. Hamas has been demanding a prisoner exchange for the kidnapped Israeli, but israel will not discuss it.