PDA

View Full Version : Shockey Calls Coughlin "An Ass" and Burress Jumps In with His $.02

S.Taylor36
07-31-2006, 09:23 AM
This guy is a real piece of work. He just doesn't get it. The Giants have had alot of press issues already. Coughlin already told Lavar to shut up. I can only imagine what he might say to Shockey who never shuts up.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/state_of_shock_giants_paul_schwartz.htm

akhhorus
07-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Is it just me that every other NFC East team is having major problems already? Meanwhile in Washington, the big story is the new locker room and training facility.

RedskinRyan
07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
what a dumb???. seriously. the calling him an --- thing i think is being blown outta proportion, but its the other stuff he said that makes you wonder about him.

smoak
07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
No big deal. He was saying as part of a compliment meaning he is tough.

That said, I think Shockey is one of the most overrated football players of all time. He has so much physical ability and could be so much more if he wasn't a mental midget. Granted i don't want him to be good, but it is painful to watch anyone waste all that talent. The guy just doesn't show up in big games.

S.Taylor36
07-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Is it just me that every other NFC East team is having major problems already? Meanwhile in Washington, the big story is the new locker room and training facility.

Let's keep it this way. Word out of Philly is that the offense looks horrible and their WR's keep getting injured. In Dallas, all you need to do is say T.O. Everyday it's a press conference with Parcells about T.O. And in New York, guys just can't shut up. Lavar wants to be hated, Shockey thinks Coughlin is an ass, Tiki wants to work in the media after this year etc. I'd love to fly in under the radar this year

skins lady
07-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Incase you haven't seen this one already:

http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php/i432_shockeyshocked.gif

Shockey thought the field goal was good. Makes me laugh everytime.

PyroGenic
07-31-2006, 09:37 AM
thi guys is something... i think the attention he's getting is promoting his retarded behavior.

And he's been to 3 pro bowls in 4 years?? I didn't know people thought he was THAT good.

LATrueRedskin
07-31-2006, 09:46 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. It was funny to hear Coach's PC yesterday, trying to find news to tell the media. You don't hear anything coming out of Skins camp because there's nothing to gossip about.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
what a dumb-ass. seriously. the calling him an ass thing i think is being blown outta proportion, but its the other stuff he said that makes you wonder about him.
I completely agree..the ass comment was actually a compliment, and if for example Cooley had said something like that I would have had no problem with it. It's the rest of the stuff that is a little worrying to me...like the part about trying to bite his tongue off...

vabeach_skinsfan
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
wow, it just goes to show that money can't buy "class". I'm glad that the players we acquired from the U don't have the same character flaws as shockey.

smoak
07-31-2006, 10:27 AM
wow, it just goes to show that money can't buy "class". I'm glad that the players we acquired from the U don't have the same character flaws as shockey.

No, the player we have from the U has a WORSE character flaw. :D

SkinsGal
07-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Word out of Philly is that the offense looks horrible and their WR's keep getting injured. In Dallas, all you need to do is say T.O. Everyday it's a press conference with Parcells about T.O. And in New York, guys just can't shut up.

I think you might be exaggerating the problems of other teams in the East. I look around and I see nothing but East teams who will be very competitive. Shockey has always ran his mouth, so nothing new there. TO is TO, and I imagine he'll be stellar this year, as he always seems to be for his first year or so on a team. And Philly WRs, even though they are the weakest in the division, haven't had any injuries beyond normal training camp nicks. And I live near Philly, and I can tell you that no one is saying that the offense looks horrible. If anything, they're saying that McNabb and Westbrook both look better than ever and that Brown and this rookie Baskett look impressive.

It's going to be a dogfight in the East this year, perhaps more so than ever!

smoak
07-31-2006, 10:33 AM
I think you might be exaggerating the problems of other teams in the East. I look around and I see nothing but East teams who will be very competitive. Shockey has always ran his mouth, so nothing new there. TO is TO, and I imagine he'll be stellar this year, as he always seems to be for his first year or so on a team. And Philly WRs, even though they are the weakest in the division, haven't had any injuries beyond normal training camp nicks. And I live near Philly, and I can tell you that no one is saying that the offense looks horrible. If anything, they're saying that McNabb and Westbrook both look better than ever and that Brown and this rookie Baskett look impressive.

Dynamite drop-in SG! As I also live in enemy territory, I can confirm that only some of the fans are negative. The team is amped up and very positive about the '06 outlook. I think they'll be really good b/c of the fourth place schedule.

S.Taylor36
07-31-2006, 10:34 AM

I'm not saying it's not gonna be a dogfight but I'd like to come in under the radar this year as opposed to the media paying attention to early negativity. I want our guys to be healthy and work hard. I want no media attention at all is what I'm trying to say.

smoak
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Not to be outdone by three-time Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey, receiver Plaxico Burress took a few light jabs at Tom Coughlin on Monday.

Less than 24 hours after Shockey said the coach's rigid style can very extremely difficult to handle in a somewhat derogatory way, Burress said that Coughlin needs to loosen up.

"Just have a little more sense of humor, come out, have a little fun and enjoy it," Burress said. "Not just be so much of a work, work, work atmosphere. There has to be some humor and laughter along the way.

"He knows it," Burress added. "It's not anything he's hearing for the first time. We like to laugh and have fun."

LINK (http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/newjersey/story/6577847p-6427438c.html)

CamLwalk
07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Lavar just stiffed my 8 yo daughter for an autograph at Giants camp here in Albany this eve. Tiki stiffed everybody too. Sam Madison signed for everyone tho. Nice guy...he gave a little boy his gloves. I've officially removed Lavar's picture from my Redskin shrine tonight.

bgforever
07-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Let's keep it this way. Word out of Philly is that the offense looks horrible and their WR's keep getting injured. In Dallas, all you need to do is say T.O. Everyday it's a press conference with Parcells about T.O. And in New York, guys just can't shut up. Lavar wants to be hated, Shockey thinks Coughlin is an ass, Tiki wants to work in the media after this year etc. I'd love to fly in under the radar this year

Hm, could you be the chosen one? that fly on the wall :)

the real moss89
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
thi guys is something... i think the attention he's getting is promoting his retarded behavior.

And he's been to 3 pro bowls in 4 years?? I didn't know people thought he was THAT good.

That really makes me mad to think that he went to the pro bowl over Chris Cooley.

daEz0r
07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
i like Tom Coughlin. he's a hard-ass, totally old-school.

shally
08-01-2006, 01:20 AM

the quietest camp in the nfl.. bodes very well for us.. guys are really focused and realize what an opportunity we have this year..

shally
08-01-2006, 01:21 AM
That really makes me mad to think that he went to the pro bowl over Chris Cooley.

because cooley was never listed as a tight end before this year..

that said, although shockey may be an ass, he is a helluva player come game time..

The Game
08-01-2006, 01:23 AM
ill trade jerry porter for shockey anytime

shally
08-01-2006, 01:27 AM
ill trade jerry porter for shockey anytime

down boy.... you ain't gonna see that trade happen in a million years
:lol1:

DCassain21
08-01-2006, 06:23 AM
:sleeping: Incase you haven't seen this one already:

and he had the nerve to call caughlin an ass

smoak
08-01-2006, 06:55 AM
that said, although shockey may be an ass, he is a helluva player come game time..

See I'd personally say he is a heck of a talent, but I think his mental shortcomings keep him from being great. I've see hime drop more TD catches than I've seen him make.

Case in piont (http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4143).

vabeach_skinsfan
08-01-2006, 07:49 AM
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey was dazed in a collision with safety Will Demps late in the New York Giants' evening practice Monday.

Shockey was reaching for a pass by Eli Manning during a two-minute drill when Demps appeared to hit him in the helmet as he ran to cover the pass.

A stunned Shockey fell to the grass and stayed down for about a minute. He returned to the huddle and ran the final two plays of the practice, but he slammed his helmet to the ground after the last play.

After kneeling on one knee while coach Tom Coughlin addressed the team, Shockey walked off the field with trainer Byron Hansen. He held his head a couple of times on the way to the locker room and then gingerly walked down the stairs to the room.

There was no immediate word from the Giants on his condition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2535807

Shockey was in a bad mood before being hurt. Earlier in the workout, he threw his helmet after Manning didn't throw a pass his way.

I like the last part, about Shcokey being pissed about not getting a pass thrown his way. Man are these guys going to have issues once season starts

S.Taylor36
08-01-2006, 08:15 AM
He should just be lucky is wasn't Sean Taylor laying him out. Or maybe a high/low for ST and Archuleta

redskinz#1fan
08-01-2006, 08:20 AM
I see somebody has been taking lessons from Mr. "why didn't you throw me the ball".................. T.O!

shally
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
See I'd personally say he is a heck of a talent, but I think his mental shortcomings keep him from being great. I've see hime drop more TD catches than I've seen him make.

yes, he drops some.. and yes, he could block a whole lot better... but he is someone the defense needs to be aware of on every play.. and he can get deep and wants the ball on critical third downs..
as i said, an ass for certain, but he is a major talent and i bet saunders could find a way to kill defenses with him..

Patrick
08-01-2006, 08:48 AM

AND for that very reason - he is OVER-RATED!

shally
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
AND for that very reason - he is OVER-RATED!

yes, he is over hyped (rather than over rated) but come-on, we would welcome him here as a redskin in a heartbeat... when we play the giants, he and tiki are the 2 guys i always worry most about.. is it not the same with you ?

CNYSkinFan
08-01-2006, 10:05 AM

That is the best I love that.

Fathead
08-01-2006, 12:17 PM
That is the best I love that.

No the best was when Marshall was running down the field with an INT while Shockey whines to the refs.

shally
08-01-2006, 08:51 PM
No the best was when Marshall was running down the field with an INT while Shockey whines to the refs.

that was a classic... i bet that got some play in the giant film room between sundays...

IMALILTEAPOT
08-01-2006, 08:55 PM
This guy is a real piece of work. He just doesn't get it. The Giants have had alot of press issues already. Coughlin already told Lavar to shut up. I can only imagine what he might say to Shockey who never shuts up.

when did he tell lavar to shut up?

redskin_rich
08-01-2006, 09:22 PM
when did he tell lavar to shut up?
The day after this:

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=35828

shally
08-01-2006, 09:49 PM
The day after this:

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=35828

wonder if the skins vets are still saying, that is just lavar being lavar..?

vegeta2364
08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
when did coughlin tell lavar to shut it up?

BurgundyNGold
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I read the article and it seems to be typical NY media taking something out of context and blowing it out of proportion. Not a big deal.

smoak
08-03-2006, 06:05 AM
yes, he is over hyped (rather than over rated) but come-on, we would welcome him here as a redskin in a heartbeat... when we play the giants, he and tiki are the 2 guys i always worry most about.. is it not the same with you ?

Sorry, I disagree. I don't want shockey at all, and I am the type person who sign the devil if I thoiught it would make the team better. I agree with Patrick that Shockey is over-rated and over-hyped. That is not to say I disagree with you that he is physically talented, but he is not a good football player IMO. I've literally seen him drop several TD passes where he got both hands on the ball... We all know he can catch so it must be a mental thing right?

BTW --

Two days later and Shockey is still hurting from that hit minor concussion (http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4155).

X-Factor13
08-03-2006, 08:13 PM
i personally think shockey is over rated as well. so what if he won a popularity contest three out of four years? the most controversal players always go to the pro bowl it seems. I'd take chris cooley over this KID anyday of the week, and in the end, who is going to be there for you when times get rough? not that big baby...

shally
08-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Sorry, I disagree. I don't want shockey at all, and I am the type person who sign the devil if I thoiught it would make the team better. I agree with Patrick that Shockey is over-rated and over-hyped. That is not to say I disagree with you that he is physically talented, but he is not a good football player IMO. I've literally seen him drop several TD passes where he got both hands on the ball... We all know he can catch so it must be a mental thing right?

BTW --

Two days later and Shockey is still hurting from that hit minor concussion (http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4155).

okay.. okay... no mas....

i will say that anyone who has had a concussion knows how much like crap they can make you feel for days..
just as an aside, keith primeau the philly hockey center is still having symptoms from his concussion last year.. not to be trifled with..

BigPlayJay
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
The Giants sure rely on a ton of players who are wacky, have bad attitudes, have injury issues, have big mouths, and also many who seem selfish. Makes me think that while they could be really good again, the whole thing could just as easily blow up and they could go down the toilet this season.

EagleAye
08-04-2006, 07:52 PM

Oh boy.............and now it begins to unravel.

I hear the evil one (TO) has already started with his excuses. Have fun Dallas.......you asked for it!!:)

As for the Eagles........its pretty much a love-in this year. It feels so good compared to last year. Oh what a relief it is......................

IowaSkinsFan
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Duh, which way did he go, which way did he go?

LavarEatsBabies
08-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Most people are saying Shockey is a jerkoff because of this, but it kinda makes me start to like him. Gets drunk, feels like punching people when things go wrong, calling Bill Parcells a homosexual, and throwing ice cubes at little kids. What's not to love? (Aside from being a Giant)