PDA

View Full Version : reggie bush's hype about to take off

fent
08-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Mortenson just drafted him 5 overall on ESPN's mock draft. let the craziness begin anew.

redskin_rich
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow, I drafted him in the 5th or 6th round yesterday and it was called a risk. He is my 2nd RB and I thought he was well worth it where I took him. Probably be hard to do that again now though, he will shoot up everyone's rankings.

fent
08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Wow, I drafted him in the 5th or 6th round yesterday and it was called a risk. He is my 2nd RB and I thought he was well worth it where I took him. Probably be hard to do that again now though, he will shoot up everyone's rankings.

we'll see...i see him as a third back until we find out who is going to get the touches, especially around the goal line. the rest of the commentators said it was the worst pick of the round, so that could potentially temper the craziness.

whitskins
08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Mort bashed Ditka for taking Portis at #5 and then follows up by taking Bush at #6? What an idiot.

And it's really annoying me how all these analysts are treating CP's injury as a full dislocation. Nobody uses the term sublex or partial dislocation. Schlereth basically promised that his shoulder would dislocate again and put him on IR. It was just a sublex but these guys talk like his freaking arm fell off on the field.

fent
08-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Mort bashed Ditka for taking Portis at #5 and then follows up by taking Bush at #6? What an idiot.

And it's really annoying me how all these analysts are treating CP's injury as a full dislocation. Nobody uses the term sublex or partial dislocation. Schlereth basically promised that his shoulder would dislocate again and put him on IR. It was just a sublex but these guys talk like his freaking arm fell off on the field.

my hope is that they'll keep saying these things and he'll continue to slip.

RedskinsDave
08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
I would never confuse an NFL expert with a fantasy one. Tell me what guys like Charchian or Hansen are doing. I cringe when I hear guys like Mort or the former players talk about fantasy.

redskin_rich
08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
I would never confuse an NFL expert with a fantasy one. Tell me what guys like Charchian or Hansen are doing. I cringe when I hear guys like Mort or the former players talk about fantasy.
There is a guy in my money league that drafts the "next superstar" every year with his first pick. I am quite sure he will draft Bush in the 1st. A couple years ago, he traded up for the first overall pick to take Vick, lol. The thing is, he has won the league 3 times in the last ten years.
I have always believed the first 5 rounds is not what makes your team but rounds 6 through 15 is what separates the contenders from the pretenders. Everyone basically has the same top 50 players but after that it takes work, knowledge and a lot of luck.

Edit- Anyone else watching the ESPN fantasy draft? Ditka is hammered, he can barely talk, lol.

dj_stouty
08-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I caught the end of this program. Are they really drafting for an EIGHT owner league? :rollseyes:

This does the fantasy community no good, since most people participate in 10 or 12 owner leagues.

CarMike
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
same here Dave. Anyone who listens to these guys, and mimic their picks, deserve what they get.

RedskinsDave
08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
I caught some more of it at the gym and I had to look away. Two of them took D's in the 5th round!!!! Both were taken before Reggie Wayne was taken. There's a reason Nick Bakay beats those clowns.

becky
08-22-2006, 12:52 AM
There is a guy in my money league that drafts the "next superstar" every year with his first pick. I am quite sure he will draft Bush in the 1st. A couple years ago, he traded up for the first overall pick to take Vick, lol. The thing is, he has won the league 3 times in the last ten years.
I have always believed the first 5 rounds is not what makes your team but rounds 6 through 15 is what separates the contenders from the pretenders. Everyone basically has the same top 50 players but after that it takes work, knowledge and a lot of luck.

Edit- Anyone else watching the ESPN fantasy draft? Ditka is hammered, he can barely talk, lol.

Shocker :D

Why people would listen to these guys is beyond me.