PDA

View Full Version : Cheers to Rogers

Syllable
09-24-2006, 07:56 PM
This guy is playing pretty well, against Andre Johnson he got Tagged with one PI which I thought was against the offense( he pulled his helmet toward his body and Rogers was dissoriented ). The Dallas Game he didnt get torn up for being a second year man, and this game I didn't see much either.What I want him to do now is go learn to catch, the dude droppes everything they throw at him.

santanadasavior
09-24-2006, 08:02 PM
This guy is playing pretty well, against Andre Johnson he got Tagged with one PI which I thought was against the offense( he pulled his helmet toward his body and Rogers was dissoriented ). The Dallas Game he didnt get torn up for being a second year man, and this game I didn't see much either.What I want him to do now is go learn to catch, the dude droppes everything they throw at him.

He is well on his way to becoming a shutdown corner. I would like to see him locate the ball earlier. If he does that on the PI call he would have had a pick. He also had a non call earlier where he covered well that should have been offensive PI. Also in the Dallas game he got beat for because he didn't get his head turned around fast enough. I like what he is doing so far but I would like to see him turn earlier and make some game changing plays.

C-7
09-24-2006, 08:02 PM
He's a great tackler and a very physical corner, but he needs ti cut down on the PI penalties. Is Springs coming back next week against the Jaguars.

CarMike
09-24-2006, 08:09 PM
He dropped another INT. But he's one of the best tackling corners in the NFL most of the time.

PennSkinsFan
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
He dropped another INT. But he's one of the best tackling corners in the NFL most of the time.

I agree. Mike, I think Rogers was very suspect today. Given what I saw, my kudos goes to Kenny Wright for holding his own and now allowing Houtston to get back in it.

santanadasavior
09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I agree. Mike, I think Rogers was very suspect today. Given what I saw, my kudos goes to Kenny Wright for holding his own and now allowing Houtston to get back in it.

I think the secondary held up well today. After that first long bomb that made me think "Ohh no, not to the Texans." we held up very well. It wasn't so much that we were making plays it was that we weren't allowing the others to make plays.

3644Skins
09-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Sorry but outside of tackling, the one thing we know he does well he's still suspect in coverage. That PI call was entirely his fault, he's a professional and should know he has to get his head around. What's even worse is he knew he was getting a flag and he ran off dancing again like he made a good play, get real Carlos. So far you've been a huge disappointment covering WR's. As far as tackling goes I love him, but that's it. How many catches did Andre Johnson have today? Like 10 maybe? I know all of them weren't on Carlos but c'mon.

JSKINS
09-24-2006, 08:25 PM

this is my only concern. Going back to Seattle, he dropped a gimme that would have been a TD. Then last week, he dropped one against TO. He dropped another this week. Breaking up the pass is nice, but good teams will make us pay when we don't take advantage of those opportunities.

HollywoodKolt
09-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Kenny Wright played a nice game today. How many times did you hear Eric Moulds's name called?

Rogers has been solid but unspectacular after struggling in game one, I think having springs back will help him.

redskinz#1fan
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
As I said in another thread, he needs to start looking for the ball a lot sooner then he is now. This has a lot to do with why he's not getting interceptions, and getting all the PI's called on him. If he mirrors the WR's actions then this would not be an issue.

silverspring
09-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Rogers is still developing, he is improving and will continue to improve. I think he just is going through some rough patches here and there. He needs to work on using his eyes and his hands better.

redskinz#1fan
09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Rogers is still developing, he is improving and will continue to improve. I think he just is going through some rough patches here and there. He needs to work on using his eyes and his hands better.

He just needs to understand that his eyes are to SEE with, and his hands are to CATCH with. These are all things that he can easily fix, just comes with confidence and practice!

shally
09-24-2006, 09:12 PM

as with most defensive backs, if he could catch the ball he would have been a wideout.. but he does have to work on his hands..

BurgundyNGold
09-24-2006, 09:45 PM
As I said in another thread, he needs to start looking for the ball a lot sooner then he is now. This has a lot to do with why he's not getting interceptions, and getting all the PI's called on him. If he mirrors the WR's actions then this would not be an issue.
You just said it. When the receiver looks up, you look up. That's how it's coached since HS. I like Carlos, but he just doesn't do this.

Axegrinder
09-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Memo to Rodgers:
Kenny Wright has more interceptions than you.

PennSkinsFan
09-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Memo to Rodgers:

Wow. My man, I'll buy ya a beer next week :)

Axegrinder
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Deal!:)

redskinz#1fan
09-24-2006, 11:09 PM
You just said it. When the receiver looks up, you look up. That's how it's coached since HS. I like Carlos, but he just doesn't do this.

Hell BNG, this goes back to the days of playing in the backyard! They must not teach things the way they use to.

redskinz#1fan
09-24-2006, 11:10 PM

Can I get in on some of that?! I'll send Rogers a memo too, if it means I get drinks!! :beer:

shally
09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Memo to Rodgers:

i think he (wright) also has more penalties.. but rogers has had far more chances to make int's.. he could easily have 3 by now..

BurgundyNGold
09-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Didn't we give up 150 yards receiving to Andre Johnson? I'm not giving out any kudos. No kudos for you!

whitskins
09-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Rogers is still developing, he didn't even have a full season last year because of his injuries.

Not having Springs sucks but the time Rogers is spending as a #1 CB is valuable. He's getting used to covering a team's top threat without the safety help that we are rolling to Wright and Rumph instead.

It's very good experience and he will benefit from it, he shouldn't be expected to be a #1 CB yet, but I think he'll develop into the role nicely with time.

LATrueRedskin
09-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Rogers is still developing, he didn't even have a full season last year because of his injuries.

Not having Springs sucks but the time Rogers is spending as a #1 CB is valuable. He's getting used to covering a team's top threat without the safety help that we are rolling to Wright and Rumph instead.

It's very good experience and he will benefit from it, he shouldn't be expected to be a #1 CB yet, but I think he'll develop into the role nicely with time.

I agree that he's getting a great experience filling in for Springs right now. I think we could see a better player once he's alieviated from his current post. Catch those INTs though, Carlos.

But I do think Shawn Springs should play a game matched up with a #2 receiver to get his feet wet a little. I absolutely love the idea of Shawn coming back, but it'll worry me a little if we throw him to the fire immediately without a warm-up game first.

bantu
09-25-2006, 12:15 AM
I agree that he's getting a great experience filling in for Springs right now. I think we could see a better player once he's alieviated from his current post. Catch those INTs though, Carlos.

But I do think Shawn Springs should play a game matched up with a #2 receiver to get his feet wet a little. I absolutely love the idea of Shawn coming back, but it'll worry me a little if we throw him to the fire immediately without a warm-up game first.

If he plays he will be probably have 100% of the assignments they need from him. He's just that good.

shally
09-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Didn't we give up 150 yards receiving to Andre Johnson? I'm not giving out any kudos. No kudos for you!

if i could take any young receiver, on any team, johnson might be the player.. he is up there with the elite of young receivers like roy williams, boldin.. on a better team, with a better qb, there would be no defending him.
still, they should have done a better job..

shally
09-25-2006, 12:17 AM

jax has all #2 types.. it would be a good time for him to return.. if not, he definitely has to come back for plaxico..

WarEagle
09-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Just looked it up-
Carlos had only 7 interceptions in his college days. 4 were in his sophomore year.

Over the same timespan, he had 134 unassisted tackles.

bantu
09-25-2006, 12:22 AM
jax has all #2 types.. it would be a good time for him to return.. if not, he definitely has to come back for plaxico..

Hopefully he has fully healed because I think those so-called #2 WR's may tear us up if Fred Taylor gets going. We haven't been stout against the run, even against the Texans, all season. Those big WR's can exploit their size on our smaller DB's if they try to go over the top. Its going to be tough. If we have a healthy Springs back in there, it will solve so many issues.

LATrueRedskin
09-25-2006, 12:22 AM

True, but they're all physical big boys and you know the Jags will be testing that groin/abdomen area. A lot of jump balls, and a lot of cuts. And since the Jags don't have that perennial All-Pro wideout, it might be a good opportunity to sit him for another week and really get him healed up. I don't want him coming back until he's fully healthy. If he is not absolutely 100% for the Jags, then I don't think we should play him.

shally
09-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Hopefully he has fully healed because I think those so-called #2 WR's may tear us up if Fred Taylor gets going. We haven't been stout against the run, even against the Texans, all season. Those big WR's can exploit their size on our smaller DB's if they try to go over the top. Its going to be tough. If we have a healthy Springs back in there, it will solve so many issues.

totally agree.. if we have springs we can match up with all those big receivers.
but the key, once again, will be to shut down taylor and make the jags one dimensional.. they did not look that special today.. still, they played a quality opponent.

shally
09-25-2006, 12:27 AM
True, but they're all physical big boys and you know the Jags will be testing that groin/abdomen area. A lot of jump balls, and a lot of cuts. And since the Jags don't have that perennial All-Pro wideout, it might be a good opportunity to sit him for another week and really get him healed up. I don't want him coming back until he's fully healthy. If he is not absolutely 100% for the Jags, then I don't think we should play him.

let's see what kind of week he has.. it would be crummy if it is the groin from last week and not his abdomen that keeps him out..

whistleandthumb
09-25-2006, 02:36 AM
That's my biggest knock on Carlos. He's a great tackler, and generally plays well in coverage, but MAN ALIVE the kid loves to just tackle receivers before the ball gets there. If I was playing us, my gameplan would just be to throw it deep to whomever is covered by Carlos, because eventually there is going to be a PI call (or two... or three...).

Look up, dude!! LOOK UP!!

bantu
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
That's my biggest knock on Carlos. He's a great tackler, and generally plays well in coverage, but MAN ALIVE the kid loves to just tackle receivers before the ball gets there. If I was playing us, my gameplan would just be to throw it deep to whomever is covered by Carlos, because eventually there is going to be a PI call (or two... or three...).

Look up, dude!! LOOK UP!!

This issue with Carlos has been bothering me ever since I came home from the Vikings game. I also remember noting some of the other guys, Wright and Rumph probably, doing the same thing. My only question is what they are doing some sort of specific technique used by GW and the defensive scheme? Is Jerry Gray teaching them this method so they can hit the reciever better? I don't know, at this point I'm coming up with all kinds of crap excuses because I cannot explain why any one would not just look back at the ball.

openallnight
09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
I think the Rogers took the Vikings game to heart and has really played great the past 2 weeks. All he needs to learn now is how to catch the ball and he'll be the complete package.

Syllable
09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't have the breakdown with me but Andre was just catching balls during Garbage time, and his only long bomb catch. We have called out other Garbage time stars and Andre is one of them, so is Carr.

esmith1790
09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
i hope for the skins sake that CR gets it going because next year your top pick will probably be a DB and will/should be better then wright and become your 3rd corner. so that will be even more inexperience in your DB backfield. Dont need rookie mistakes with a 3rd guy having problems.

akhhorus
09-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't have the breakdown with me but Andre was just catching balls during Garbage time, and his only long bomb catch. We have called out other Garbage time stars and Andre is one of them, so is Carr.

About 80 of his yards came after it was 28-7 skins.

taylor21
09-25-2006, 10:18 PM
ya he is playing better and better every game,just think he has to hold on to those easy int's.but he getting better in coverage and we all know he will hit you!wont be long till he is out number 1 corner

shally
09-26-2006, 12:20 AM
ya he is playing better and better every game,just think he has to hold on to those easy int's.but he getting better in coverage and we all know he will hit you!wont be long till he is out number 1 corner

looks like he is our #1 corner for yet another week.. it does not look too good for springs once again... this is getting old !!!

flave1969
09-26-2006, 04:43 AM
I have not been impressed with Carlos this season and IMO has a lot of work to do on his fundamentals, a lot of work. It was annoying to see Andre Johnson complete the same reception effectively four times against him. Garbage time or not Carlos has to make an adjustment, but then I guess that is prevent for you.

shally
09-26-2006, 04:48 AM
I have not been impressed with Carlos this season and IMO has a lot of work to do on his fundamentals, a lot of work. It was annoying to see Andre Johnson complete the same reception effectively four times against him. Garbage time or not Carlos has to make an adjustment, but then I guess that is prevent for you.

prevent is an abomination.. but at least no one got hurt during garbage time..