PDA

View Full Version : Campbell (no dammit, the other one)

PennSkinsFan
10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Because he has never received a thread here, because week in and week out this guy is the best player on special teams who gets no recognition, lets give the cheeers today to Khary Campbell. Campbell under radar happen to lead the Redskins special teams in tackles in 2005. He is the leader. Yes, Thrash and Sellers, and even Rock get more air time here at hR and elsewhere, but folks, the ST coverages would not be the same without Mr. Campbell.

We give thread to Frost, Hall, and whoever, but Khary Campbell is rarely even mentioned. Without Campbell's big hit onthe punt return and NOT ONLY causign the fumble but RECOVERING it as well, we would have likely had a much different turnout.

SO A BIG KUDOS TO KHARY CAMPBELL!

helimech24
10-03-2006, 08:44 AM
You are absolutely right PSF. Campbell plays his but off everytime the ST gets on the field and is a maniac just like Sellers out there.

The Skinsinator
10-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Great job indeed Campbell! He will certainly be recognized by Gibbs who loves his special teamers.

CNYSkinFan
One of the guys I rooted for all off season (along with Rock) that many here wanted to toss under the bus. He does his job each week and does it well. I am happy he is showing up big time.

S.Taylor36
Because he has never received a thread here, because week in and week out this guy is the best player on special teams who gets no recognition, lets give the cheeers today to Khary Campbell. Campbell under radar happen to lead the Redskins special teams in tackles in 2005. He is the leader. Yes, Thrash and Sellers, and even Rock get more air time here at hR and elsewhere, but folks, the ST coverages would not be the same without Mr. Campbell.

We give thread to Frost, Hall, and whoever, but Khary Campbell is rarely even mentioned. Without Campbell's big hit onthe punt return and NOT ONLY causign the fumble but RECOVERING it as well, we would have likely had a much different turnout.

Well said.

Jon Jansen is money
10-03-2006, 08:59 AM
To Khary Campbell :beer:

redskinz#1fan
10-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Right on the money! Players like Campbell are often forgotten or never remembered, but they are the glue that holds this whole thing together. Great Job Campbell, and keep busting heads on ST!

santanadasavior
10-03-2006, 09:04 AM
He's always been solid and he is going to be the next Pierce or Marshall IMO.

shally
10-03-2006, 09:34 AM

it really was the trifecta of special teams plays as you said.. good enough to whack the man down solidly, better to have ripped the ball out, and unreal to have recovered t himself. it was a great individual effort by an outstanding special teamer.

shally
10-03-2006, 09:36 AM
He's always been solid and he is going to be the next Pierce or Marshall IMO.

respectfully... NO... every time he has been in (and he is no youngster) he demonstrates very little feel for the defensive game... he is a special teamer..

redwolf1218
10-03-2006, 09:37 AM
REDSKINS NOTEBOOK
Unsung Campbell Registers High Note

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/02/AR2006100201323.html

MONK_in_HOF
10-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I really like Campbell. It was very unfortunate to see him go down last season. I think he is a solid backup to Marshall as well. This guy always looks like he is giving 100%.

shally
10-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I really like Campbell. It was very unfortunate to see him go down last season. I think he is a solid backup to Marshall as well. This guy always looks like he is giving 100%.

again, respectfully, NOOOOO... like rock, i cringe when he goes in to play (defense)...he has zero feel for defense

MONK_in_HOF
10-03-2006, 09:48 AM
again, respectfully, NOOOOO... like rock, i cringe when he goes in to play (defense)...he has zero feel for defense

I must disagree. For a backup, he was around the ball often when asked to play. While he might not have made every play, he was usually in position to do so.

redskin_rich
10-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Agreed, I still don't like him on goal line defense.

shally
10-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Agreed, I still don't like him on goal line defense.

they used him on goal line defenses last year and every time i watched him he was getting pushed back..

when they put him in at linebacker in preseason he trailed plays badly or had his back turned.. i just do not think he has any feel for the position.. but that is just MHO.. i am glad to have him onthe squad, however, for his special teams play

MONK_in_HOF
10-03-2006, 12:13 PM
they used him on goal line defenses last year and every time i watched him he was getting pushed back..

when they put him in at linebacker in preseason he trailed plays badly or had his back turned.. i just do not think he has any feel for the position.. but that is just MHO.. i am glad to have him onthe squad, however, for his special teams play

Well to be fair, most of the team, even the starters looked like garbage in the preseason. Just out of curiousity I am wondering how you formed your assessment. I could have sworn I recalled you saying you didn't get to see the preseason games, well except for the nationally televised one of course.

DoGood
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Khary Campbell is GREAT depth on our team. I even thought he would have a chance to replace lavar this offseason.

shally
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Well to be fair most of the team, even the starters looked like garbage in the preseason. Just out of curiousity I am wondering how you formed your assessment. I could have sworn I recalled you saying you didn't get to see the preseason games, well except for the nationally televised one of course.

thanks for holding my feet to the fire... i did see the cincy game and clearly recall him being out of position playing linebacker..i also recall some of the comments by the radio announcers about mccune and campbell's play in subsequent preseason games..-- and it was not flattering for either of them..

as for getting pushed back on goal line defenses, that was from last year

redskin_rich
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
thanks for holding my feet to the fire... i did see the cincy game and clearly recall him being out of position playing linebacker..i also recall some of the comments by the radio announcers about mccune and campbell's play in subsequent preseason games..-- and it was not flattering for either of them..

as for getting pushed back on goal line defenses, that was from last year
This year too, I believe it was Marion Barber that went right through Campbell in game 2.

Syllable
10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Start Ja... Khary Cambell!

shally
10-03-2006, 03:45 PM
This year too, I believe it was Marion Barber that went right through Campbell in game 2.

he is agreat special teamer. like larry izzo or that ultra light linebacker we used to have who went on to the dolphins.. fine special teamer but a bust as a linebacker.. twan russell