PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Rogers Breaks Thumb-Out vs. Indy

hail2skins
10-16-2006, 08:15 AM
from the Wash Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/15/AR2006101500847.html)

bergiemoore
10-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Fantastic. What happened? Did another ball hit him in the hands?

Does this mean that he has an excuse for wiffing tackles and blowing coverages?

joethefan
10-16-2006, 09:03 AM
A soon as I read the title tothis thread I was sure that he clutched and interception too hard and hurt himself while holding on to and interception that he just caught. or maybe he was trying to pry the ball away from someone and got it caught up. No...maybe his hand broke after the fire hit his hand after getting Burned again.....

akhhorus
10-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Did this happen during the game, or did Williams and Smith punish him after it?

shally
10-16-2006, 09:32 AM
A soon as I read the title tothis thread I was sure that he clutched and interception too hard and hurt himself while holding on to and interception that he just caught. or maybe he was trying to pry the ball away from someone and got it caught up. No...maybe his hand broke after the fire hit his hand after getting Burned again.....

yup.. reaching into that toaster can be a painfull experience...

bergiemoore
10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Did this happen during the game, or did Williams and Smith punish him after it?
:lol1:

akhhorus
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM

"Carlos, if you don't learn how to cover an out pattern soon, we start taking more valuable parts"

RedskinsDave
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I think Washington did it since Carlos' new technique for interceptions did not work.

shally
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I think Washington did it since Carlos' new technique for interceptions did not work.

washington did not exactly have a stellar game himself.. he better watch his own body parts..:lol1:

PGiddy18
10-16-2006, 11:26 AM
That's fantastic! Now, put a cast on the baby and put some stick-um or double sided tape or some kind of sticky substance on it so that when the ball comes his way again, he can HOLD ONTO IT!

bantu
10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Wow he broke his hand. Is that why he never looks back at a ball when its up in the air?

Santheb
10-16-2006, 11:32 AM
And we could've had Merriman...:(

akhhorus
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM

He would have been a disaster in the 4-3. He's an amazing 3-4 rusher, but he wouldn't do as well in our system. Spears would have been nice, but that was way too high for him then.

RedskinRyan
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM

we could've had pacman too, so we didnt come out too bad. the jury isnt completely out yet, but year #2 has definitly been a huge step back for rogers so far.

akhhorus
10-16-2006, 11:47 AM
we could've had pacman too, so we didnt come out too bad. the jury isnt completely out yet, but year #2 has definitly been a huge step back for rogers so far.

No we couldn't have. He was drafted 3 picks before Rogers.

BurgundyNGold
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
He would have been a disaster in the 4-3. He's an amazing 3-4 rusher, but he wouldn't do as well in our system. Spears would have been nice, but that was way too high for him then.
I'm not buying that, Akh. Merriman has been an awesome PLAYER. 4-3, 3-4, whatever. I don't buy the undersized bit as a universal rule when over teams use undersized DEs in a 4-3 just fine. As for Spears, if you want him later, trade down for him. And you know what I think about the 4th round debacle.

Rogers has been a HUGE disappointment. Campbell had better pan out at some point, that's all I know.

golongdude
10-16-2006, 12:16 PM
The thread should really be entitled, "Carlos Rogers Breaks Wind", because that's about the stank of his coverage.

openallnight
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
This is classic . . .
when cornerback Carlos Rogers broke his thumb, which could hinder his playmaking ability in coming weeks.

akhhorus
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm not buying that, Akh. Merriman has been an awesome PLAYER. 4-3, 3-4, whatever. I don't buy the undersized bit as a universal rule when over teams use undersized DEs in a 4-3 just fine. As for Spears, if you want him later, trade down for him. And you know what I think about the 4th round debacle.

He has been great, but he has a GREAT DL(even for a 3-4) playing in front of him. Merrimen looks great because he can use his speed wide of the OTs and can bull a TE. I seriously doubt he would be that effective in the 4-3 because the OT wouldn't have to deal with him so wide. Undersized DEs can do well in the 4-3, but only if they are so fast that they can devestate the OT and negate the size advantage. Merriman isn't that fast. Kearse and Freeney are.

BurgundyNGold
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
He has been great, but he has a GREAT DL(even for a 3-4) playing in front of him. Merrimen looks great because he can use his speed wide of the OTs and can bull a TE. I seriously doubt he would be that effective in the 4-3 because the OT wouldn't have to deal with him so wide. Undersized DEs can do well in the 4-3, but only if they are so fast that they can devestate the OT and negate the size advantage. Merriman isn't that fast. Kearse and Freeney are.
Your opinion is valid, I just don't think that we can definitively know what would've happened if he came here as a 4-3 DE. IMO, it's far from a foregone conclusion.

akhhorus
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Your opinion is valid, I just don't think that we can definitively know what would've happened if he came here as a 4-3 DE. IMO, it's far from a foregone conclusion.

This is true(and yours is valid also), but im watching what he looks like from a edge LB and a DE on the line. He struggles in a 3 point stance. Who knows, but the position he plays and the one we have are two different things.

SkinsKY
10-16-2006, 01:41 PM
He has been great, but he has a GREAT DL(even for a 3-4) playing in front of him. Merrimen looks great because he can use his speed wide of the OTs and can bull a TE. I seriously doubt he would be that effective in the 4-3 because the OT wouldn't have to deal with him so wide. Undersized DEs can do well in the 4-3, but only if they are so fast that they can devestate the OT and negate the size advantage. Merriman isn't that fast. Freeney is and Kearse was.

FYP.

CNYSkinFan
10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
So am I too late to mention that Rogers may have broken his thumb pulling it out of his arse on the out patterns people run against him.

RedskinRyan
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
No we couldn't have. He was drafted 3 picks before Rogers.

yeah, but had TN drafted somebody else or rolle, and arizona went with someone else and all these other things i dont feel like explaining, we were hell bent with corner at the #9, and if pacman were there, hed prolly be with us.

keep the jokes coming on how rogers broke it though, laughter is the best medicine, and i need some healing from the loss.

superskin
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
This is classic . . .

My thoughts exactly openallnight, but I wouldnt have bolded the word "could." I think the words that deserve to be bolded are "play making ability."

Solid corner and future star I am sure...but playmaking ability? I havent seen that yet.

bergiemoore
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
He broke it during a thumb-wrestling competition w/ AA that was to determine the teams worst cover DB.

BurgundyNGold
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
My thoughts exactly openallnight, but I wouldnt have bolded the word "could." I think the words that deserve to be bolded are "play making ability."

Solid corner and future star I am sure...but playmaking ability? I havent seen that yet.
I haven't seen THAT yet, let alone anything that hints at future stardom. Unless, of course, you meant that he could end up working at Texaco, lol.

shally
10-16-2006, 02:40 PM
This is true(and yours is valid also), but im watching what he looks like from a edge LB and a DE on the line. He struggles in a 3 point stance. Who knows, but the position he plays and the one we have are two different things.

why cannot we use andre carter the same way? merriman is not asked
to anchor the line against the run and neither should carter

shally
10-16-2006, 02:41 PM
yeah, but had TN drafted somebody else or rolle, and arizona went with someone else and all these other things i dont feel like explaining, we were hell bent with corner at the #9, and if pacman were there, hed prolly be with us.

keep the jokes coming on how rogers broke it though, laughter is the best medicine, and i need some healing from the loss.

maybe we would have gone in another direction ? like mike williams ugh !!

HailVictory
10-16-2006, 04:02 PM
He must of broken it handing out cushions to the guys hey has tried to cover. Maybe he was trying futilely to wrench his head around and find the ball, and the thumb snapped.

SkinsfaninNJ
10-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I have nothing funny to say about how he broke it, I just want to know if he is going to man up and play this week.

HAWGZHEAD
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
LOL, I knew the millisecond I saw the title of this thread it was bad news for Rogers psyche :D

superskin
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I haven't seen THAT yet, let alone anything that hints at future stardom. Unless, of course, you meant that he could end up working at Texaco, lol.

Touche, my friend.

smoot
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
well, for what it's worth, it's now being reported that he had surgery on it and wont miss sunday's game

shally
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
would not surprise me one bit if he gets a pick this week.. off a deflection or tip..

watch it happen...

SkinsfaninNJ
10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
well, for what it's worth, it's now being reported that he had surgery on it and wont miss sunday's game

I am going to go out on a limb based on how this season is going and predict that he will not play, but I hope I'm wrong.

shally
10-17-2006, 05:16 PM
[

i think that jansen played after his surgery, but i could be wrong

SkinsfaninNJ
10-17-2006, 05:19 PM
[

i think that jansen played after his surgery, but i could be wrong

I think he did too. I just have a wierd feeling about injuries with this team, that was sort of addressed in the questions to Coach about Griffen and Joe S. I'm just not sure about the character of this team right now.

bergiemoore
10-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I think he did too. I just have a wierd feeling about injuries with this team, that was sort of addressed in the questions to Coach about Griffen and Joe S. I'm just not sure about the character of this team right now.

If TO can play receiver after having surgery on his hand, Rogers MUST be able to play corner. He couldn't catch the ball before hand, so it's not like he's losing anything. Most of his tacking is done by wrapping up the runner's legs.

shally
10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
If TO can play receiver after having surgery on his hand, Rogers MUST be able to play corner. He couldn't catch the ball before hand, so it's not like he's losing anything. Most of his tacking is done by wrapping up the runner's legs.

TO had the bye week... i think rogers will play after the bye for certain, it is only a question of the game against the colts

Meatsnack
10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Tough crowd. Get better, Carlos.

Having said that, PacMan played a better game last Sunday even with his parole anklet in place.

shally
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
even without the fumble causation, i thought pac-man played far better..

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
i broke my thumb about 22 years ago. they put wires in there with a button on the outside, and covered the whole thing with a cast from forearm to knuckles, so all my fingers were still out. i continued playing pickup basketball, football, soccer and softball games, and eventually chipped the cast away until it was down to the wrist and mostly just covered the thumb. i suspect Rogers will have a cast like that and have full use of his wrist and fingers, just not the thumb. the only thing scary would be to take another hit on it.

shally
10-17-2006, 07:29 PM
guys like you are why i lost all my hair... it gives me heartburn to even think of what you guys did to your casts and the damage to the surgery sites...:lol1:

smoot
10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
guys like you are why i lost all my hair... it gives me heartburn to even think of what you guys did to your casts and the damage to the surgery sites...:lol1:
then i'll refrain on giving you the details of my soccer career

shally
10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
then i'll refrain on giving you the details of my soccer career

go right ahead.. i love a good horror story...

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
well what happened to me was, i put my hand down to break my fall and continue running with the ball, and i broke my thumb, but i thought it was just jammed, so i left it broken for like 2 or 3 months. it started growing bigger so i went to the doctor, where it was determined as broken. in the surgery, he had to cut it open and scrape out the calcium buildup, then drill 2 holes through it, and wire it back together, with a button on the outside. then a cast covered it. after the surgery it was painfull for about a week, but believe it or not, i was not given any painkillers throughout any of the recovery, because my mom told the doctors that she didnt want me to have any. i was enrolled at JMU at the time, and my friends said they could see the pain on face, but i just kept playing sports and dealt with it. i just chipped away the cast down to my wrist and kept on playing.

i am sure the technology is much more advanced nowadays, so i believe Rogers should be fine. i'm sorry but if he's not playing at 100%, then he is a wussy. i'm sure he is in excellent condition as an elite athlete, so he should be fine and play through it, just like Jansen did.

ryflan47
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
would not surprise me one bit if he gets a pick this week.. off a deflection or tip..

watch it happen...

What was that movie.. Rookie of the Year? Where the kid breaks his arms and makes it to the major league.

Blessing in disguise!!!

smoot
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
go right ahead.. i love a good horror story...
ok, just a sample, pg style version then to get warmed up

about 8 months ago at the beginning of the spring season, i was trying to cross a street and had a car run over two of my toes, the big toe and the one immediately next to it (im avoiding details for now). went to the doctor, got it splinted. the next day, after taking 5 advils and lord knows what else, i played a game on it

shally
10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
well what happened to me was, i put my hand down to break my fall and continue running with the ball, and i broke my thumb, but i thought it was just jammed, so i left it broken for like 2 or 3 months. it started growing bigger so i went to the doctor, where it was determined as broken. in the surgery, he had to cut it open and scrape out the calcium buildup, then drill 2 holes through it, and wire it back together, with a button on the outside. then a cast covered it. after the surgery it was painfull for about a week, but believe it or not, i was not given any painkillers throughout any of the recovery, because my mom told the doctors that she didnt want me to have any. i was enrolled at JMU at the time, and my friends said they could see the pain on face, but i just kept playing sports and dealt with it. i just chipped away the cast down to my wrist and kept on playing.

i am sure the technology is much more advanced nowadays, so i believe Rogers should be fine. i'm sorry but if he's not playing at 100%, then he is a wussy. i'm sure he is in excellent condition as an elite athlete, so he should be fine and play through it, just like Jansen did.

that's a good mom who wanted you to suffer the tortures of the damned..
i used to see that a lot because they were concerned their kid would get hooked (never happen with acute pain, but you couldn't convince them).. actually i think it was getting even for what you put moms through in labor...

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:44 PM

about 8 months ago at the beginning of the spring season, i was trying to cross a street and had a car run over two of my toes, the big toe and the one immediately next to it (im avoiding details for now). went to the doctor, got it splinted. the next day, after taking 5 advils and lord knows what else, i played a game on it
there you go. i ran over my best friend's big toe in a drunken stupor (long story) and broke it for him, and he continued playing as well.

look at Brunell. he had his toenail ripped off and kept playing.

everyone has injuries, they just have to play through it.

shally
10-17-2006, 07:45 PM

probably scored 3 goals, too...

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
that's a good mom who wanted you to suffer the tortures of the damned..
i used to see that a lot because they were concerned their kid would get hooked (never happen with acute pain, but you couldn't convince them).. actually i think it was getting even for what you put moms through in labor...
that's exactly what it was, she didnt want me to get hooked. my friends said why dont you go to the school infirmary at JMU and tell them about it, and i was just like no, i'll deal with, my mom knows best. it was rough for a while though.

shally
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
there you go. i ran over my best friend's big toe in a drunken stupor (long story) and broke it for him, and he continued playing as well.

some you can and there is no long term harm (like a toe nail- unless you are president coolidge's son who died following a blister that got infected)

others you take a terrible risk playing through.. that is why they have medical staff to guide the decision for players like rogers...

smoot
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM

i forgot to mention that it was a soccer game

and please tell me im not the only one who had his heart skip a beat when brunell went into the locker room due to that toe and collins was warming up?
probably scored 3 goals, too...
you dont remember a whole lot of things when you cross oxycodine and a couple other painkillers

shally
10-17-2006, 07:49 PM
that's exactly what it was, she didnt want me to get hooked. my friends said why dont you go to the school infirmary at JMU and tell them about it, and i was just like no, i'll deal with, my mom knows best. it was rough for a while though.

as i said, it is tough convincing old school mom's that there is no harm..
advil actually works pretty well because if you control the inflammation it usually feels half decent.. at least until you try to walk on it..

shally
10-17-2006, 07:50 PM

and please tell me im not the only one who had his heart skip a beat when brunell went into the locker room due to that toe and collins was warming up?

you dont remember a whole lot of things when you cross oxycodine and a couple other painkillers

like tequilla ????

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
as i said, it is tough convincing old school mom's that there is no harm..
advil actually works pretty well because if you control the inflammation it usually feels half decent.. at least until you try to walk on it..
i eat advil like candy all day everyday. and who knows maybe in hindsight Mom was right.

smoot
10-17-2006, 07:52 PM
like tequilla ????

it's tough to put down a bottle of tequila before a soccer game when your living with the family and drive yourself to the game.

oh my how funny it would be if i did that though

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM

my heart skipped a beat, as did all my friends with whom i was watching the game, because we were excited and hoping to see someone else in the game, as shameful as that is... they showed Collins warming up, and we are all cheering, then Brunell came back.

i know everyone on here bashes Collins, but i really think he would do well if he got a chance.

smoot
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
i eat advil like candy all day everyday.

see, im the other way, all advil ever does for me is reduce inflamation unless i practically od on it. therefore, i almost never take it

my heart skipped a beat, as did all my friends with whom i was watching the game, because we were excited and hoping to see someone else in the game, as shameful as that is... they showed Collins warming up, and we are all cheering, then Brunell came back.
i went the other way, as bad a brunell was, i knew collins would be worse

ryflan47
10-17-2006, 07:54 PM
see, im the other way, all advil ever does for me is reduce inflamation unless i practically od on it. therefore, i almost never take it
Thats TO's mentality.

shally
10-17-2006, 07:54 PM
i eat advil like candy all day everyday. and who knows maybe in hindsight Mom was right.

watch your stomach.. you can get an ulcer or bleed if you keep doing that over time..

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:56 PM
watch your stomach.. you can get an ulcer or bleed if you keep doing that over time..
advil is okay on the liver though, check out webmd.com, they say tylenol is bad, but advil is okay.

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM

i went the other way, as bad a brunell was, i knew collins would be worse
i actually feel like Collins would be good. ok throw the stones at me. really, i think he would do well in the system after he got his feet wet, much like he did in the preseason when he had all those TD passes dropped.

smoot
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
i actually feel like Collins would be good. ok throw the stones at me. really, i think he would do well in the system after he got his feet wet, much like he did in the preseason when he had all those TD passes dropped.
he very could well be better as it would be tough to be worse, however, i still have nightmares of those two passes straight into the d-lineman's chests

shally
10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
advil is okay on the liver though, check out webmd.com, they say tylenol is bad, but advil is okay.

the short answer is that it is true... but as to which is more potentially damaging, or has caused more deaths, i would say it was ibuprofen by a wide margin because of the risk of GI bleeding or ulceration... not to say that you could not harm yourself with tylenol, but IMHO i think the risks are more theoretical than real.. i have seen GI bleeding from ibuprofen and it is scary.
problem is that ibuprofen reduces inflammation, whereas tylenol really does not.. so for a fever or headache tylenol is it.. for acute injuries, advil is the MAN

so they have rogers on advil i guess (had to sneak that in there for the mods, LOL)

smoot
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
the short answer is that it is true... but as to which is more potentially damaging, or has caused more deaths, i would say it was ibuprofen by a wide margin because of the risk of GI bleeding or ulceration... not to say that you could not harm yourself with tylenol, but IMHO i think the risks are more theoretical than real.. i have seen GI bleeding from ibuprofen and it is scary.
problem is that ibuprofen reduces inflammation, whereas tylenol really does not.. so for a fever or headache tylenol is it.. for acute injuries, advil is the MAN

so they have rogers on advil i guess (had to sneak that in there for the mods, LOL)
im thinking we should get this thread back on topic before the wrath of kenny comes down upon us. im gonna start a thread, cause this could turn out to be a very interesting topic

shally
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM

i do not want to see collins out there in an actual game. be carefull what you wish for...

redwolf1218
10-17-2006, 09:07 PM
i do not want to see collins out there in an actual game. be carefull what you wish for...
i am begging for Collins. i think he'd do well.

SkinsASchamps
10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Rogers is out for the game on sunday according to espn bottomline. Has this been stated officially?

CNYSkinFan
10-18-2006, 01:52 PM
If Collins throws *1* regular season pass before campbell I think my head might implode and form a black hole.

3644Skins
10-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Rogers is out for the game on sunday according to espn bottomline. Has this been stated officially?

Yep!! Just saw that myself!!!! This way somebody else can get in and do a little something, one thing is for sure, they can't do any worse than he is right now. Ade Jimoh should be a step up from Rogers this Sunday.

RedskinRyan
10-18-2006, 01:57 PM

rogers is out

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/WAS/9738219

AliBabba
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
rogers is out

who needs cornerbacks when you are playing the colts? :rolleyes:

openallnight
10-18-2006, 02:06 PM
rogers is out

We have a bunch of freakin' babies on our team.

What ever happened to the days where guys like Parrish would play with broken limbs and make one handed interceptions???

These guys show no heart, I think they have cool-aid running through their veins!!!

bergiemoore
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
rogers is out

Maybe we'll see if Ade Jimoh has improved his coverage abilities? Dang it, what else could go wrong with our secondary?

AliBabba
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM

What ever happened to the days where guys like Parrish would play with broken limbs and make one handed interceptions???

These guys show no heart, I think they have cool-aid running through their veins!!!
how darrell green's punt return against da bears?

rogers is soft

openallnight
10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Maybe we'll see if Ade Jimoh has improved his coverage abilities? Dang it, what else could go wrong with our secondary?
All you have to do is watch the film from last Sunday and see how well he did at defending that TD pass by Young.

SkinsfaninNJ
Also why hasn't Springs improved since last week? According to the article he said he is about the same.

Patrick

Understand what your saying but there are a couple of things to note
Rogers had screws inserted which is a little more complexed of an injury (other than just setting it and putting the hand in a cast)

The other and most telling - THIS AIN'T THE OLD DAYS. This is the new NFL - the era of FA and CONTRACTS! Pay for performace - NOT EVER going to happen!!!!!

CNYSkinFan
10-18-2006, 02:17 PM
This is just bad news, and reason why I wanted a young cb in the draft this year. Springs and Rogers were both hurt constantly last year and looks like they will be again this year. I hipe Wright , Rumph, and Jimoh step it up or it will be a long long bye week.

BurgundyNGold
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
How's Carlos going to count to 10 now? He'll be stuck on 9 for weeks, lol. :D

I keed, I keed. Get well soon Carlos. And get better while you're at it. ;)

dj_stouty
10-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Rogers is out...
We aren't sure if Springs is 100%...
Rumph, Wright and Jimoh couldn't collectively cover Harrison even if they knew the route ahead of time...;)
AA is still learning the system...
Taylor can't do this by himself...

Can Portis play CB?!?!?!

SellerDoor45
10-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Rogers is out...
We aren't sure if Springs is 100%...
Rumph, Wright and Jimoh couldn't collectively cover Harrison even if they knew the route ahead of time...;)
AA is still learning the system...
Taylor can't do this by himself...

Can Portis play CB?!?!?!

No, but I bet Randle El could. He already can play WR, RB, and QB. He could actually catch an interception too.

dj_stouty
10-18-2006, 02:36 PM
No, but I bet Randle El could. He already can play WR, RB, and QB. He could actually catch an interception too.

And fumble it. :banghead:

skinem
10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Fantastic. What happened? Did another ball hit him in the hands?

Does this mean that he has an excuse for wiffing tackles and blowing coverages?

Brilliant

skinem
10-18-2006, 02:39 PM

Double Brilliant

skinem
10-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Reading this thread lets me further know we need a victory and FAST!!!

OCSkinzFan
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Why not put Troy Vincent in? I know he doesn't know the D yet, but he can play man can't he? I'd rather have Vincent playing man and not sure where the safety is than Rumph.

LATrueRedskin
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Situation looks bleak at CB. Both of our starting CBs injured, which was our weakest spot to begin the season. If our defense was this bad against the Giants and Texans with Carlos, imagine how bad it'll be without it. We need to get pressure on the QB, and constant. Perfect time to be playing the Colts. :rolleyes:

Redskin4Life
10-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Why not put Troy Vincent in? I know he doesn't know the D yet, but he can play man can't he? I'd rather have Vincent playing man and not sure where the safety is than Rumph.
Actually, he does know the D... he played in it the past two years with Coach Gray. He plays a Psquared role.... in fact, Buffalo replaced PP with Vincent. So maybe that's why we signed him... to play CB/S.

Skinz4lyfe
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Is Darrell Green still available? I know he can play a quarter or two.

Biggie
10-18-2006, 04:24 PM

Darrell Green today could still probably keep up with Marvin Harrison.

smoot
10-18-2006, 04:28 PM
somebody needs to direct carlos to our war wounds thread

redwolf1218
10-18-2006, 06:11 PM
it must be a really bad break. they put 3 screws in it. i'm still surprised he's out though.

redwolf1218
10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
i have no idea if he has the speed to play man, but i bet he could play zone.

redwolf1218
10-18-2006, 06:15 PM

there's no way this injury should keep him out. i dont think he's a wimp, i think the coaches are keeping him out because he's been playing poorly and this just provides them with an excuse to replace him.

redwolf1218
10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
he would probably have played with a broken thumb too because the team needed him that badly.

bgforever
10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I am not going to get into the exact names but it is clear where this is going and the timing for us, is better than it looks. One DB is a better Nickel for speed and ST standout and figures to be better against the Colts. YOu ALWAYS want your Best and most knowledgeable at CB against a team like Colts.

This allows ST to tee on the pass receptor when its in the air, and allows Archuletta the help he needs from a CB with placment and funnel expertise that belongs in textbooks. IF there's a goof, its natural because of the changes, but you will see some BIG improvements, not the other way around, IMO

LB's can Hustle and Flow naturally to make a BIGGER impact. Most Colts movement is to get ONE person isolated in a lot of space, but they can't get there if they're really not open. Meanwhile this should aid in near or even get coverage sacks. Pipe dream? Better to have a chance than none at all and to give up on the team now is a joke. I have seen worse and at least a BRAIN is in with SS, ST, AA, AJ , SW in the secondary.

santanadasavior
10-18-2006, 06:53 PM
I honestly Troy Vincent will be great for our secondary. He will be a veteran leader that will really help these young guys on and off the field. I think he could have an impact if he plays this week.

ryflan47
10-18-2006, 09:33 PM
I honestly Troy Vincent will be great for our secondary. He will be a veteran leader that will really help these young guys on and off the field. I think he could have an impact if he plays this week.

We really need him to step it up this week. Expect zone coverages like never before.

BurgundyNGold
10-18-2006, 09:34 PM
We really need him to step it up this week. Expect zone coverages like never before.
That's ALL we do anymore. I haven't seen man coverage since 2005, lol.

smoot
10-18-2006, 09:35 PM
That's ALL we do anymore. I haven't seen man coverage since 2005, lol.
actually the reason carlos has been burned so often is that he's been playing man coverage. he excells in zone coverage

BurgundyNGold
10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
actually the reason carlos has been burned so often is that he's been playing man coverage. he excells in zone coverage
He gets burned in zone too. He only excels in zone coverage if it's a run or the WR catches the ball in front of him. If the WR gets a shoulder on him in his zone, Carlos will give it up.

smoot
10-18-2006, 09:38 PM
He gets burned in zone too. He only excels in zone coverage if it's a run or the WR catches the ball in front of him. If the WR gets a shoulder on him in his zone, Carlos will give it up.
your right, i was just saying that he does much better in zone than in man

redwolf1218
10-18-2006, 09:39 PM
your right, i was just saying that he does much better in zone than in man
he has not tackled well either. pretty much a train wreck.

smoot
10-18-2006, 09:41 PM
he has not tackled well either. pretty much a train wreck.
the problem is that he always tries to go low and cut the legs out, i dont think i've seen him stand somebody up yet this year

RedskinsVision
10-18-2006, 10:20 PM
I guess dropped INT's can wait a few weeks. Perfect time for the old vet to come in, be a hero, and revive the season.

shally
10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I guess dropped INT's can wait a few weeks. Perfect time for the old vet to come in, be a hero, and revive the season.

vincent is playing safety.. we get to see ade and wright and rumph... could be extremely ugly if we do not play ball control to the max

ChapelHillMatt
10-19-2006, 12:33 AM
vincent is playing safety.. we get to see ade and wright and rumph... could be extremely ugly if we do not play ball control to the max

Even then it might not be enough.

Bottom line will be this, the offense better come to play because I don't see us winning this game unless we have a game like we did vs Jacksonville. It is probably going to take 30-40 points to win this thing.

esmith1790
10-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes Canty and Spears both would look great on your DL. Young, HUGE, starting DE sure would be nice.....

bergiemoore
10-19-2006, 10:31 AM

Titan's were able to control the ball against Indy and still lost. Indy is the one team that doesn't even care about the TOP. They can score almost at will, and in no time at all, if their opponents can't cover EVERY receiver at once.

Keeping the ball away from Peyton will be important, but will not guarantee a win. We need to be able to out score them.

I feel that Wright will start for Carlos, and Springs will assume his starting role on the other side. I would hope to see Vincent play nickle, but I think that Rumph will get that. If Vincent is up to speed by Sunday, we'll see him spell AA on passing downs where the defense is not blitzing.

smoot
10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Yes Canty and Spears both would look great on your DL. Young, HUGE, starting DE sure would be nice.....