PDA

View Full Version : QB Poll (Week 12)

PennSkinsFan
11-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Vote

CNYSkinFan
11-30-2006, 08:30 AM
As promised I apprve this week because Campbell had 2 decent starts in a row. He also showed guts in bringing us back after that INT. Good job Jason!!!

SpicyMcHaggis
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Approve.

dj_stouty
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
How could you not approve? The guy is coming along much quicker than I expected him to.

He has some things to work on...but the guy has most of the skills you can't teach a QB, so I think his future is bright.

Best thing I like about Jason is his ability to shake off a bad play. Brunell was good at this as well. Too often a thrown INT gets into a QB's head and he throws another one...and another one...etc. Not Campbell. He shook it off and made the final scoring drive count. Cooley did a lot of the work, but Jason made a beautiful throw.

smoak
11-30-2006, 09:09 AM
His stats are pretty much on par with Brunell's, but he made a few plays last week tht Brunell probably couldn't. I approved of Brunell and I adamantly approve of JC! The kid looks great so far and we have to be patient if he has a bad game here and there.

Apache
11-30-2006, 09:11 AM
I honestly was hoping he'd sorta tear it up like Tony Romo but, I do like what I've seen so far. We've got a guy who seems to be able to make quick decisions and can move around the pocket to find the open man.

I think he'll do fine.

BostonSkins
11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Approve. The kid has poise. Consider me excited

smoak
11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I honestly was hoping he'd sorta tear it up like Tony Romo but, I do like what I've seen so far. We've got a guy who seems to be able to make quick decisions and can move around the pocket to find the open man.

I think he'll do fine.

Yeah, I think that would be unrealistic personally but not impossible... Plus lets see if Romo comes back to Earth a little.

Apache
11-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Yep, look at Big Ben. He looked great last year but, not quite so much this year. Could be the accident and minimal practice time or it could just be one of those fast track starts where everything last year just clicked and now a few players gone and some new ones and things just look different. At least he still has the same coaching staff....

Yeah, I think that would be unrealistic personally but not impossible... Plus lets see if Romo comes back to Earth a little.

CNYSkinFan
11-30-2006, 09:32 AM
If Campbell had Portis and a healthy Moss he would be putting up Romo numbers as well. he doesn't, but next year, watch out.

rusty73
11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
How could you not approve? The guy is coming along much quicker than I expected him to.

He has some things to work on...but the guy has most of the skills you can't teach a QB, so I think his future is bright.

Best thing I like about Jason is his ability to shake off a bad play. Brunell was good at this as well. Too often a thrown INT gets into a QB's head and he throws another one...and another one...etc. Not Campbell. He shook it off and made the final scoring drive count. Cooley did a lot of the work, but Jason made a beautiful throw.
I don't think you could ask to much more from the fella. His future, I believe will be bright barring injury and a sophomore jinx kind of thing. I think Romo will get his comeuppence!!!DOH:banghead:

smoot
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
If Campbell had Portis and a healthy Moss he would be putting up Romo numbers as well. he doesn't, but next year, watch out.

while it's improbable, i could see it happening. he reminds me a little bit of a smarter moss era culpepper.

bergiemoore
11-30-2006, 09:40 AM
He's played with great poise, and hasn't made too many of the kinds of mistakes that you normally see rookies make. His stats were decent against a really good defense. It looks like he's developing as a team leader, as well.

Let's see what happens.

For now, Approve!

smoot
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
one more thing............how can you not approve?

chicago_skinz_fan
11-30-2006, 09:52 AM
I have been very impressed with the kid. I was expecting more "bumps" but so far so good! KNOCK ON WOOD!

Spence
11-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Should be unanimous.

Apache
11-30-2006, 10:18 AM
I can agree with you on that. I just hope Portis will be back and is not hitting a downward injury spiral in his career so that we can have a more rounded offense for next year.

smoak
11-30-2006, 10:32 AM

I doubt he ever puts up the numbers in a run first, run second offense...

But I also doubt him choking away in the postseason like those teams.

So I agree, but I'd reel in the expectations if someone is thinking we'll score 50 a game and Campbell will put up 4,500 yards.

28thegreat
11-30-2006, 10:50 AM
This one's easy. Approve. Hallelujah, for now at least, no more explaining why I approve and disapprove at the same time.

C-7
11-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Campbell is the man. Brunell is a long forgotten memory!

shally
11-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Vote

what's not to like ? he is really calm and has a great arm.. the development is going to come rapidly with experience..

PennSkinsFan
11-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Best thing I like about Jason is his ability to shake off a bad play. Most impressive about him thus far! Tells alot about a QB. Something Ramsey and Shuler had trouble doing is getting over mistakes.

smoak
11-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Campbell is the man. Brunell is a long forgotten memory!

Then you better hope Campbell stays healthy.

tbfoster1
11-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I definatly approve. Its alot of fun watching him grow. I love how he stays in the pocket and looks down field, I was beginning to forget what that looked like

Apache
11-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes, but he also knows how to move around when needed too. I was getting sick of seeing Brunnell move around just so he could throw it away. JC can do it to buy more time or get out of trouble so he can still make a decent play.

helimech24
11-30-2006, 12:04 PM
This is a silly question coming off of a win in a 4-7 season, but I am still surprised that no one picked disapproved

LadyNRedskinsfan
11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
approve......:awesomewo

lnr

:D

dj_stouty
11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Most impressive about him thus far! Tells alot about a QB. Something Ramsey and Shuler had trouble doing is getting over mistakes.

Definitely! Ramsey let bad plays infect him. Once he made a mistake, you could expect a similar one on the very next series.

HAWGZHEAD
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Pocket awareness, cannon for arm, poised, decision maker. Approve!

Axegrinder
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
It's a Landslide!!!
The future looks bright.

redskinz#1fan
11-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Totally approve 110%! And I can't wait to totally approve 110% after this weekend too! :D

firehawk157
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM

real quick stat line from Romo after his first two starts (that includes two games he played before that but did not start). 65% completion (65/99), 5 TDs and 4 INTs and sacked 6 times. Was 1-1 as a starter (beat Carolina on a defense-led comeback and lost to Washington, who was still missing moss and Springs wasn't anywhere NEAR 100%).
Campbell has a 52.6% completion (30/57), 4 TDs and 1 INT and was only sacked twice. Is 1-1 as a starter (lost to Tampa Bay because of defense and beat Carolina who has a very stingy defense). Moss wasnt available for the Tampa game, and wasn't 100% for the Carolina game. Also missing key COG in offense in Clinton Portis.
All-in-all, i think Campbell has gotten out to a slightly better start then as has Romo due to Romo having his complete complement of playmakers to utilize. Oh yeah, i voted approve

frankez99
11-30-2006, 04:08 PM
I disapprove...........

of anyone who doesn't approve 100%!:)

hail JC!

DoGood
11-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow. 56-0 approval. What a blowout. I'm amazed considering the conflict we as Redskins fans have been involved with this season.

Jason Campbell is exceeding expectations as a first year starter. Of course he is making mistakes but even 12 year veterans make mistakes. JC is keeping them at a minimum and doing his job. He even saved us from going an even more embarrassing 3-8. APPROVE!

ryflan47
11-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Disapprove.

Just kidding! I love what I'm seeing from the kid.

LATrueRedskin
11-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Approve. He's been playing very solid right now, and I like the progress he is making. He's really going to learn from the rest of these games.

danny's stogie
11-30-2006, 06:21 PM
I really liked this blog post by La Confora on JC:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/11/jc_beyond_the_numbers.html

I'm a stats guy. I admit it. If you read my stuff you've probably already made that determination.

But I'm no Moneyball freakazoid. I'm a scout guy, also. An "eye" guy if you will. What you see means something, no matter what's in the box score.
And after reading all of the JC comments the last few days, and the calls from some bemoaning his numbers Sunday, I have to call a timeout here.

The kid looks like a winner. He plays like a winner. Everything that can't be quantified, he seems to have in bunches.

redwolf1218
11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I really liked this blog post by La Confora on JC:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/11/jc_beyond_the_numbers.html
i like that quote too. some guys just show "flashes". sometimes you cant explain it or really put your finger on it, but somehow they are winners, and they make everyone around them play better somehow.

danny's stogie
11-30-2006, 06:40 PM
i like that quote too. some guys just show "flashes". sometimes you cant explain it or really put your finger on it, but somehow they are winners, and they make everyone around them play better somehow.

Definitely. And there have been dozens of successful or quasi-successful QBs over the years that put up good stats, but obviously don't have that extra "it" quality.

Skins-R-Us
11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Approve 100%

... as far as comparing him to Romo, that is tough. Romo has all of his weapons, and still Campbell is comaparable.. and he is doing it in spite of Al Saunders play calling. In fact he did his best when his helmet receiver malfunctioned. How do you explain that? LOL

He is good now and he will only get better over time. I see a lot of upside. Let's hope he keeps it up!!!!

whitskins
11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
A fourth quarter comeback victory in your second ever start is pretty sweet. I have to admit, after we went behind in the fourth last week, I thought we were done. I just didn't expect a guy in his second ever NFL appearance to lead a 4th quarter comeback. That was extremely impressive.

redskin_rich
11-30-2006, 06:52 PM
A fourth quarter comeback victory in your second ever start is pretty sweet. I have to admit, after we went behind in the fourth last week, I thought we were done. I just didn't expect a guy in his second ever NFL appearance to lead a 4th quarter comeback. That was extremely impressive.
JC has been responsible for every TD we've scored in his two games. It would be nice for the running game to start pitching in, in the red zone.

redwolf1218
11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
agreed. i have always thought that some kind of a come-back was always on the resume of a the great ones. Montana at Notre Dame against Houston (with the flu), Elway with "the drive", etc. i know it wasnt a huge comeback, but he's got one under his belt to help everyone "believe". Vince Young did it too against the Giants. lots of good new young QB's this year.

redwolf1218
11-30-2006, 07:14 PM
JC has been responsible for every TD we've scored in his two games. It would be nice for the running game to start pitching in, in the red zone.
i did not realize that, until you mentioned it. as glad as i am that Campbell has been progressing, i would like to see this team show the ability to run it into the endzone. i feel like they havent used all the weapons in that regard.

SkinsfaninNJ
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
The thing with "flashes" is sometimes a guy shows flashes that get you excited thinking about potential but it doesn't lead to wins. For example, you see the flash where the QB scrambles, buys time, and then fires down field for a 45 yard completion. But then he misses on third down and you settle for the FG, but the whole time you're thinking if he can just make plays like that all the time. In this case, JC has shown the type of flashes that should have won 2 games for us and did win one. His best plays have been scoring plays thus far. That's a different kind of flashes.

Oh yeah, and I approve.

santanadasavior
11-30-2006, 10:24 PM
His consistency must improve but I certainly approve right now.

smoot
11-30-2006, 10:26 PM
His consistency must improve but I certainly approve right now.
for a guy making his second career start, i'd say his consistency is as high as you can ask

silverspring
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
71-0. I think it is raining pigs outside we all agree on something.

redwolf1218
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
this poll is all for the plus side, 100% approve. that is really good considering, i mean what if he struggled and eveyone was dabating ourQB situation

santanadasavior
11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
for a guy making his second career start, i'd say his consistency is as high as you can ask

That's why I approve, that is too much to really ask for him to make all of these throws.

smoak
12-01-2006, 01:47 PM
That's why I approve, that is too much to really ask for him to make all of these throws.

And apparently way to much to ask his receivers to catch throws that hit them in the hands.

skins111111
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
84 zip so far....................so I guess that could be considered a vote of confidence:)

X-Factor13
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM
love the kid. i hope we have him for years and years to come

smoot
12-02-2006, 04:50 AM
love the kid. i hope we have him for years and years to come
its about time we hit on a first round qb after suffering through the shuler and ramsey era's. i honestly believe them being busts has contributed more to our failure as a franchise than just about anything else

santanadasavior
12-02-2006, 12:16 PM
its about time we hit on a first round qb after suffering through the shuler and ramsey era's. i honestly believe them being busts has contributed more to our failure as a franchise than just about anything else

Probably, it is the position that needs the most consistency in all of football.

Ibleedburgundy
12-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I was glad to see JC get fired up after that nice first down run he made. He is obviously calm, cool, and poised but it's good to see a little fire as well.

ryflan47
12-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I was glad to see JC get fired up after that nice first down run he made. He is obviously calm, cool, and poised but it's good to see a little fire as well.

Or you end up like Tim Duncan. borrrrrrinngggg

helimech24
12-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Or you end up like Tim Duncan. borrrrrrinnggggDuncan wouldn't be all bad considering he has won a couple of championships. I will take championships over showmanship any day of the week.

ChiefPowhatan17
12-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Of course I approve, he should've been in the line-up since the bye week. Now, I can watch the game and enjoy.