View Full Version : Akh's Thoughts Week 15

akhhorus
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
http://www.hailredskins.com/blog/index.php?p=379

Feste felici!

I'll post the real version in a little bit

akhhorus
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Blog edited to include the real version. lol.

smoot
12-18-2006, 10:02 AM
agreed about jansen, but how about some love for todd wade?

fent
12-18-2006, 10:32 AM
not redskins related, but lions-in-shambles related...one of the color guys on the philly game last night said that the biggest problem Garcia had in Detroit was the number of guys that would leave the playbook in their locker every night rather than take it home to work. apparently NOBODY worked after hours to understand the playbook or gameplan better.

CNYSkinFan
12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Rogers did have a good game but I am hesitant to say he turned it around...yet. He may have and God knows i am pulling for him, but he almost dropped that INT. Maybe this is one he needed to start a string of INTs. He needs to buckle down in the offseason and study study study.

esmith1790
12-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Jason Campbell is making the difference and i think the team has picked up there pace for him? Since i dont get to watch all of the skins games? Are the receivers just dropping a lot of balls, it seems that Campbell compeltion percentage is below what it should be. Is he just throwing the ball away before checking down to his backs and saftey valve?

fent
12-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Jason Campbell is making the difference and i think the team has picked up there pace for him? Since i dont get to watch all of the skins games? Are the receivers just dropping a lot of balls, it seems that Campbell compeltion percentage is below what it should be. Is he just throwing the ball away before checking down to his backs and saftey valve?

i've been wondering the same thing...i didn't get to see much of this game or the last, so i dunno. I know in his first couple starts he was throwing high on people, especially Moss. Come to think of it, there were a TON of drops in the game against Carolina, but still not that many.

CNYSkinFan
12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
He is still throwing high on occasion. He is either right on or very high. There have been some drops as well (Cooley and LLoyd main culprits). Also playcalling has been suspect at times forcing him to throw it aaway.

Still he is doing more of a vertical attack then Brunell and that is why his % is down (62.3 Brunell, 50.7 Campbell) but his Yards per Completion is up (11.04 Brunell, 12.06 Campbell). Interception % is up (1.5% Brunell, 3.3% Campbell) but so is TD % (3.1% Brunell, 4.7% Campbell).

This all spells an enormously talented QB who is making some bad decisions but has great talent. Next year the mistakes should drop.

esmith1790
12-18-2006, 10:51 AM
He is still throwing high on occasion. He is either right on or very high. There have been some drops as well (Cooley and LLoyd main culprits). Also playcalling has been suspect at times forcing him to throw it aaway.

Still he is doing more of a vertical attack then Brunell and that is why his % is down (62.3 Brunell, 50.7 Campbell) but his Yards per Completion is up (11.04 Brunell, 12.06 Campbell). Interception % is up (1.5% Brunell, 3.3% Campbell) but so is TD % (3.1% Brunell, 4.7% Campbell).

This all spells an enormously talented QB who is making some bad decisions but has great talent. Next year the mistakes should drop.

good work on the stats, taking more chance down field can lower ur completions and just throwing to the RB all time can inflate numbers too. Cant wait to see Campbell vs Romo next year!

fent
12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
good work on the stats, taking more chance down field can lower ur completions and just throwing to the RB all time can inflate numbers too. Cant wait to see Campbell vs Romo next year!

i can't wait to see us play the Dallas D with a QB that they have to stay back on instead of sending everyone up the middle every play ;)

C-7
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
At 7-7, do the Titans have any chance at the playoffs?

Dolla Bill
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
At 7-7, do the Titans have any chance at the playoffs?

Believe it or not, yeah they do. With some help of course, but you never know.

Great writing Akh. Its good to see Carter coming along, as with Rogers. I can't wait to see this offense next year with all of their weapons and with a more experienced JC.

wewantdallas
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
He is still throwing high on occasion. He is either right on or very high.

Or very low. He also has a few problems of throwing the ball into the dirt right in front of the receiver, or low enough that it gets batted. They really need to work on fine-tuning his intermediate throws in the offseason. All in all, though, I'm VERY optimistic based on what I've seen, although his stance still scares me. Seems like it would play havoc on the knees. It's almost like a catcher's stance.

shally
12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
good stuff as usual, akh...

i agree that wade was really solid and seems a natural for the right tackle position.. he is huge at 6 8" and neutralized charles grant all day yesterday..

i do not know if jansen can move to the left side. some players are totally right or left handed. if he cannot then it either means that randy thomas might move to the left or jansen simply becomes a reserve.. but you cannot say enough about how smooth wade was. 1 game ? sure. but the level of professionalism was very apparent.

granted marcus had a decent game but i am not sure he is fully back just yet.
and lemar ? nice man, but he turned 30 yesterday and is looking old and beat up. we need a real MLB next year. nice to see rocky getting some snaps. about time, is all i can say..

when is the last time we had a qb with so much touch and accuracy on his deep throws ? he is simply amazing.. even the deep pass to moss that was broken up by 2 defensive men hit moss inthe helmet and could have been caught.. the pass to cooley went between the defenders 2 arms and hit cooley flush inthe chest.. the pass that lloyd lost inthe lights should have been a long completion.. on the other hand, he did skip some passes to a wide open moss.. so he is still a work in progress but, damn, is it exciting to watch him develop

i am not yet sold on fox, but taylor sure seems comfortable with him back there. perhaps even more so than with vincent despite the disparity in experience between the 2..

rogers ?? you said it all

carter ? really a nice player.. he would be outstanding if we can get a bookend def end for the other side and a decent linebacker behind him..

philly without mcnabb ? watch what happens if the eagles manage to win their division and go deep in the playoffs.. got to admit that garcia is playing a lot better than i thought he would..

nfc? is there any team from the nfc that won't get smoked in the superbowl ?
it is like the mirror image of the old days when the afc was weak and the nfc dominated

joethefan
12-18-2006, 11:27 AM
6-Lemar Marshall is turning into Fred Sanford out there on the field.

LOL..funny

Marshall gave up some big plays...he needs to get it together...

joethefan
12-18-2006, 11:28 AM

I was very impressed with him..but I would like to see a little more from him...

Keino
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
6-Lemar Marshall is turning into Fred Sanford out there on the field.

LOL..funny

Marshall gave up some big plays...he needs to get it together...

I didn't find this line funny at all, and wonder aloud what the helck is wrong with Fred Sanford!!!:)

VegasSkinsFan
12-18-2006, 12:35 PM
That is an insult to fred sanford. Actually they are a lot alike....their performance makes a lot of people laugh. Lemar did not look good yesterday.

skinfan43
12-18-2006, 12:46 PM
That is an insult to fred sanford. Actually they are a lot alike....their performance makes a lot of people laugh. Lemar did not look good yesterday.
Or try all season...
Add Warrick "Worthless" Holdman and a scratch-your-head season from Marcus "Flashdance" Washington and you have the ingredients for a "Blow up the Linebacker Position" party during the offseason, IMO.

akhhorus
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM

I thought that was implied in my comment, but Wade did play well.

smoot
12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought that was implied in my comment, but Wade did play well.
your right, for some reason i completely skipped over you mentioning him. went straight to jansen's health issues

akhhorus
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
your right, for some reason i completely skipped over you mentioning him. went straight to jansen's health issues

Sorry, wasn't clear enough. Wade isn't a long term answer at RT and Jansen is more talented and a better overall player, but if Dock leaves, it might behoove the skins to move him inside to LG(where his lack of quickness wouldn't be a liability) and draft a kid to replace Wade after a year or two.

And seriously, ZERO comments about the Italian? I'll just try harder next time.

danny's stogie
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Excellent work with both the Italian and Sanford and Sons references! Becky should be proud!

First, Wade. He played very well, but he did have a ton of help. They left Sellers and Yoder in to chip on nearly every pass play. I think this lack of a FB/TE pass option hurt them in the red zone. The irony though is that they should have been doing the same thing with Jansen earlier this season. However, the mere ability to help the RT out on nearly every play has been facilitated by Samuels. He never, ever gets any help at all and he holds his own for 12 of the games thus far this season. He deserves pro bowl consideration and more acknowledgement and praise from his own fanbase.

Campbell needs to improve his accuracy on the out patterns and needs to start making those throws before the recievers make their cuts. Randel El and Moss did a great job getting open and Campbell should have hit them.

shally
12-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Sorry, wasn't clear enough. Wade isn't a long term answer at RT and Jansen is more talented and a better overall player, but if Dock leaves, it might behoove the skins to move him inside to LG(where his lack of quickness wouldn't be a liability) and draft a kid to replace Wade after a year or two.

respectfully, not so sure that wade is not a long term answer.. he is not that old and looks far less beat up than jansen at this point in his career. besides, even if we are lucky enough to draft a future starter at tackle, we are still going to need a 1 year player until that guy gets up to speed (as you said). still, if wade gets entrenched, barring injury he might be hard to move out

off of just one game, wade still has a lot to prove, but he clearly is not a bum.
and jansen needs to show he can move inside and/or play the left side

shally
12-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Excellent work with both the Italian and Sanford and Sons references! Becky should be proud!

First, Wade. He played very well, but he did have a ton of help. They left Sellers and Yoder in to chip on nearly every pass play. I think this lack of a FB/TE pass option hurt them in the red zone. The irony though is that they should have been doing the same thing with Jansen earlier this season. However, the mere ability to help the RT out on nearly every play has been facilitated by Samuels. He never, ever gets any help at all and he holds his own for 12 of the games thus far this season. He deserves pro bowl consideration and more acknowledgement and praise from his own fanbase.

Campbell needs to improve his accuracy on the out patterns and needs to start making those throws before the recievers make their cuts. Randel El and Moss did a great job getting open and Campbell should have hit them.

maybe you and i were not watching on the same plays, but it seemed as though every time i watched wade he had zero help on grant..

BurgundyNGold
12-18-2006, 07:47 PM
I have to agree with most of what you say, aside from the Jansen thing. He's not quick enough to be an OG in this system.

FanFromArizona
12-18-2006, 08:45 PM

You'll be competing with Google Language Tools then.
Here's the translation: Translation (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hailredskins.com%2Fbl og%2Findex.php%3Fp%3D379&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8)

I would recommend a combined Pig Latin with a twist of Native American, that would probably work. :rolleyes:

sinskin
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
ROFLMAO

:lol1:

Biggie
12-18-2006, 09:32 PM
It has stopped to try to imitate Simeon Rice and is playing like knows to make, and it turns out you of see.

Breathtaking.

BurgundyNGold
12-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Breathtaking.
Those translation tools suck so bad. I really don't think it would be too difficult to synthesize a speech algorithm for some of these translations. Given how much $$$ Google rakes in for their nebulous services, one would think they would do a better job of it.

Biggie
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Those translation tools suck so bad. I really don't think it would be too difficult to synthesize a speech algorithm for some of these translations. Given how much $$$ Google rakes in for their nebulous services, one would think they would do a better job of it.

Oh, believe me... six years of French will teach you that. Those stupid translation tools have ruined me before.

WaterBoy
12-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I am glad Rogers had a good game and the int but is it just me or it seemed like he gives up on the plays too soon?