PDA

View Full Version : Saints vs Iggles Game Thread

hail2skins
01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Alright, my seafood casserole is in the oven and I'm ready to watch the iggles lose.

Dolla Bill
01-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Go Nawlins!!!

SpicyMcHaggis
01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
GO SAINTS!!

Dolla Bill
01-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Dear lord. That was one of the most brutal hits I have ever seen. Bush never saw him at all.

hail2skins
01-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I even felt that hit. Wow.

Dolla Bill
01-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Run the ball against the Eagles. Weak up the gut.

danny's stogie
01-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Run the ball against the Eagles. Weak up the gut.

Where's Bunkley? :D

HAWGZHEAD
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
If there is any good left in the world the Saints will anhialate the iggles tonight.

danny's stogie
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Btw, did anyone notice that during the Fox pregame show when they did a profile on the Eagles Oline they were calling them the hogs?

44FAN
01-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Nice tackling there iggles :D

44FAN
01-13-2007, 07:34 PM
ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha :D :D

Did you guys see that chick with the "F*** The Eagles" tshirt? (spelled out)

I can't believe the camera stayed on her so long

LadyNRedskinsfan
01-13-2007, 07:46 PM
saints O is playing like they did when we played them.....:(

Dolla Bill
01-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Stallworth faked that CB out of his jock.

WarEagle
01-13-2007, 08:12 PM

I saw that t-shirt and I thought it was the Miller Light tricking my eyes. That was incredible. The producer must've not been looking at his monitor.
FCC must fine FOX Sports! (ha)

shally
01-13-2007, 08:41 PM

i saw that !! hard to believe they showed that...

shally
01-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I saw that t-shirt and I thought it was the Miller Light tricking my eyes. That was incredible. The producer must've not been looking at his monitor.
FCC must fine FOX Sports! (ha)

and mrs shally's comments about the woman wearing the shirt were x rated as well...
:lol1:

Dolla Bill
01-13-2007, 08:59 PM
The Eagles are looking alot like the Steelers from last year.

shally
01-13-2007, 09:13 PM
The Eagles are looking alot like the Steelers from last year.
saints just scored.. great push by deuce on that td...

PyroGenic
01-13-2007, 09:20 PM
yay, the eagles are starting to choke as a whole! woo!

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 09:21 PM
without that 62 yarder, westbrook's average per carry would look very pedestrian. a great back sure, he can still never be a true feature back. the iggles should find their own version of brandon jacobs to complete the duo, cause relying on buckhalter isnt the best idea.

lets go saints!

GolfFreak
01-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Saints need to put this one away ... stick it to these Iggles.

PyroGenic
01-13-2007, 09:30 PM
trotter just got embarassed on national television... i love it.

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Saints need to put this one away ... stick it to these Iggles.

well deuce just stuck it to them again, liking what i see

44FAN
01-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Pretty entertaining game. Trotter just got posterized. GO SAINTS!!

GolfFreak
01-13-2007, 09:48 PM
HUGE stop by the Saints there at the goal line. That was big.

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 10:00 PM
HUGE stop by the Saints there at the goal line. That was big.

did philly go for it?

run that clock down!

44FAN
01-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Dang Reggie Bush is quick!

hail2skins
01-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Keep working that clock Saints

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

why would they call a play like that?

hail2skins
What the heck

hail2skins
The Eagles are going long. be ready

hail2skins
01-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Come on Saints defense. This is 4 down territory for the Eagles

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 10:08 PM
4th down, stop em!

44FAN
01-13-2007, 10:10 PM
WOW

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
penalty takes away the first down, and they are punting now!

looks like philly is going home!

GolfFreak
Wow!!!

GolfFreak
looks like philly is going home!

That's sweet to hear (err, read)!

44FAN
01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Get this 1st down and it's over....

Dolla Bill
01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
McAllister is shredding that run defense. Bush is exciting to watch, but the real running game is with McAllister.

GolfFreak
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
BALL GAME!

RedskinRyan
01-13-2007, 10:17 PM
GEAUX SAINTS!

seriously, no other team deserves it the way the saints do. all the talk of benson wanting to move the team, not hearing that anymore. NO is where they are to stay.

Dolla Bill
Good game, but glad the Iggles choked.

FanFromArizona
And the last of the NFC East representatives heads into the offseason.

44FAN
01-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Adios Eagles, turn the lights off and take the trash out on your way out :D

HAWGZHEAD
01-13-2007, 10:19 PM
If there is any good left in the world the Saints will anhialate the iggles tonight.Rejoice my brethren, there is still good in the world!!! :D

GolfFreak
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Iggles super-bowl counts remains at 0! I love it!!!

More importantly I don't have to hear about this team all the time on the radio now!

wewantdallas
So glad the Eagles lost, but it was a great game. Reid can take a lot of the blame in my opinion for calling a pass on third and 1 inside the 5. Just stupid beyond belief with Westbrook back there.

And Garcia has really earned my respect. He played like a man possessed this whole time, and to be honest, it was inspiring to see someone play with that much passion and that all-or-nothing attitude. You don't see that anymore. I think he knows his time in the league is about finished.

The Eagles were just like us last year. Win their last 5, win the first playoff game, lose in the second.

And the East is dead. Long live the East.

riskus
anyone have that photo of the crying eagles fan from a few years back?

Fathead
01-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm rooting for the seahawks tomorrow. I'd like the see the Saints win an NFC title at home.

44FAN
01-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I just wish there was a hidden camera at some sports bar in Philly. Nothing like watching some drunk, pissed off, depressed Eagles fans. :D

shally
01-13-2007, 10:24 PM
trotter just got embarassed on national television... i love it.

i am surprised he can walk after that play...LOL

GolfFreak
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm rooting for the seahawks tomorrow. I'd like the see the Saints win an NFC title at home.

I agree, I'm still rooting for a Saints vs. Chargers SB. That would be a good game IMO. Bush vs. LT, Brees vs. Rivers.

hobo83
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
The Eagles were just like us last year. Win their last 5, win the first playoff game, lose in the second.

And here's to hoping they'll go 5-11 next year, too.

DCassain21
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
yes now i can rest my head that no one from the east is winnig the super bowl

shally
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
So glad the Eagles lost, but it was a great game. Reid can take a lot of the blame in my opinion for calling a pass on third and 1 inside the 5. Just stupid beyond belief with Westbrook back there.

And Garcia has really earned my respect. He played like a man possessed this whole time, and to be honest, it was inspiring to see someone play with that much passion and that all-or-nothing attitude. You don't see that anymore. I think he knows his time in the league is about finished.

they might not have lost were it not for that injury to andrews, their best lineman, that put in an inexperienced guard who flinched on that 4th down pass... have to feel for garcia.. but still, if the iggles do not resign him for next year they are fools... and if he doesnt come back to the iggles, garcia is a fool because playing for a team like the lions or browns has already proved fruitless... he and the iggles are a match--even if mcnugget aims to come back

HAWGZHEAD
01-13-2007, 10:29 PM
i am surprised he can walk after that play...LOLThe Trotter ankle break and the run where Deuce ***** slapped Considine in the first quarter are my two favorite highlights of the game.

shally
01-13-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree, I'm still rooting for a Saints vs. Chargers SB. That would be a good game IMO. Bush vs. LT, Brees vs. Rivers.

it will be very tough for the saints to go up to chicago if the bears win tomorrow.. grossman will have gotten the monkey off his back..

on the other hand, if they get seattle at home that would be a great matchup for the saints

HAWGZHEAD
01-13-2007, 10:31 PM
it will be very tough for the saints to go up to chicago if the bears win tomorrow.. grossman will have gotten the monkey off his back..

on the other hand, if they get seattle at home that would be a great matchup for the saintsI wouldn't count on 'ol Rex just yet. He is prone to blow-ups at any moment. Good game, bad game, bad game, good game, you just don't know what you will get with him.

GolfFreak
01-13-2007, 10:35 PM
it will be very tough for the saints to go up to chicago if the bears win tomorrow

Tough for sure, but I think the Saints are pretty complete team ... Bears have issues on O. Not doubt it would be a tough game.

chrisbcbu
01-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Im sorry but if i was the Iggles i would have went for it on 4th and 15. your defense has already given up big plays. I wouldnt have counted on them. If i had 3 TO i would have punted but he only had 2. So the best he could have hoped for was to get the ball back with 20 secs left.

shally
01-13-2007, 10:40 PM
I just wish there was a hidden camera at some sports bar in Philly. Nothing like watching some drunk, pissed off, depressed Eagles fans. :D

yup.. i want to see that onboxious eagles fan who was at the skins game and who kept switching jerseys on camera.. get a pic of his ugly mug now...

shally
01-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Tough for sure, but I think the Saints are pretty complete team ... Bears have issues on O. Not doubt it would be a tough game.

saints are a dome team.. brees has been a warm weather/dome qb all his career... they will need the mother of all running games to beat the bears in chicago..

WarEagle
01-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Great run for the Iggles. Their fans shouldn't complain, since this was a bonus game anyway, courtesy of Romo.
Good luck to the Saints, even though their scalp resides in the Skins' warchest. :D

redskins567
01-13-2007, 10:43 PM
O yea the Iggles/Shegals lost. :eaglesuk:

shally
01-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Im sorry but if i was the Iggles i would have went for it on 4th and 15. your defense has already given up big plays. I wouldnt have counted on them. If i had 3 TO i would have punted but he only had 2. So the best he could have hoped for was to get the ball back with 20 secs left.

i am with you on that one... what is the difference between 4th and 10 and 4th and 15 ??

to try and win it on defense they could not even give up 1 first down and even if they held, they would be without time outs..

i do not agree with that stretegy.. contrast that with the 4th and 20 that mcnabb completed to freddie mitchell to beat the packers a couple of years ago...

shally
01-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Great run for the Iggles. Their fans shouldn't complain, since this was a bonus game anyway, courtesy of Romo.
Good luck to the Saints, even though their scalp resides in the Skins' warchest. :D

same as the year that the skins were the last team to beat the Pats on their superbowl run...
our defense played them better than anyone all year..

LadyNRedskinsfan
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
lol....deja vu for the iggles. they lost 27-24 to the saints earlier this year. what a BEAUTIFUL day! ravens and eagles lose......great day.

chrisbcbu
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
i am with you on that one... what is the difference between 4th and 10 and 4th and 15 ??

to try and win it on defense they could not even give up 1 first down and even if they held, they would be without time outs..

i do not agree with that stretegy.. contrast that with the 4th and 20 that mcnabb completed to freddie mitchell to beat the packers a couple of years ago...

yup. If the iggles would have held. Best case scenario they would have gotten the ball back at the 30 yard line. No time outs and less than 20 secs left.

Put the ball in Garcia's hands. He led you to the playoffs let him take you to the championship.

shally
01-13-2007, 10:52 PM
lol....deja vu for the iggles. they lost 27-24 to the saints earlier this year. what a BEAUTIFUL day! ravens and eagles lose......great day.

bad day to be fowl of any kind.. the bbq was in full flame...
:devil2:

shally
01-13-2007, 10:54 PM
yup. If the iggles would have held. Best case scenario they would have gotten the ball back at the 30 yard line. No time outs and less than 20 secs left.

Put the ball in Garcia's hands. He led you to the playoffs let him take you to the championship.

and what is the difference if they turn it over around the 40 anyway ? you knew the saints were going to simply try and run out the clock anyway. a score was irrelevant.

very poor coaching at the end.. you cannot take the ball out of the hands of your offense. that is what kept them alive in their run. if i am lurie i am smoked about reid now

hail2skins
Over on Igglephans, someone just posted they heard on the WIP that Johnson (defensive coordinator) resigned.

ryflan47
I didn't get to catch the game, but I read the first few pages of this thread and got so excited! Glad to see that all of our rivals are out of it.

shally
01-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Over on Igglephans, someone just posted they heard on the WIP that Johnson (defensive coordinator) resigned.

age ? or disgust ?? is he looking to be a head coach somewhere ??

shally
01-13-2007, 10:56 PM
bad day to be fowl of any kind.. the bbq was in full flame...
:devil2:

if i am superstitious, i bet the house against the sea-HAWKS tomorrow... aint no boids of any kind winning this weekend

danny's stogie
01-13-2007, 11:02 PM
JJ hasn't resinged, the callers want JJ to resign. Silly Eagles fans, let him go, I'll gladly take him.

Anyways, best wishes to Shawn Andrews, he's in the hospital right now with swelling in his neck.

I was pulling for New Orleans, but I just hope Garcia's performance was good enough to fool the city into giving him the reigns and dumping McNabb.

Shally, about Grossman, if the Saints put the kind of pressure on Grossman that they did on Garcia, Rex will give up an easy 3 turnovers.

shally
01-13-2007, 11:07 PM
JJ hasn't resinged, the callers want JJ to resign. Silly Eagles fans, let him go, I'll gladly take him.

Anyways, best wishes to Shawn Andrews, he's in the hospital right now with swelling in his neck.

I was pulling for New Orleans, but I just hope Garcia's performance was good enough to fool the city into giving him the reigns and dumping McNabb.

Shally, about Grossman, if the Saints put the kind of pressure on Grossman that they did on Garcia, Rex will give up an easy 3 turnovers.

maybe.. i still think the saint defense is suspect.. they will need to run the ball very well and not turn it over. bush, mcalister, brees, horn-- nearly every one of their skilled players is a warm weather player.. they better hope for another warm front to come through chicago

shally
01-13-2007, 11:08 PM

what happened to andrews ??

danny's stogie
01-13-2007, 11:13 PM
maybe.. i still think the saint defense is suspect.. they will need to run the ball very well and not turn it over. bush, mcalister, brees, horn-- nearly every one of their skilled players is a warm weather player.. they better hope for another warm front to come through chicago

McAlister isn'ta warm weather player, he's a downhill runner. Brees played college ball in Indiana.

Both teams need to run the ball well and not turn it over. That'll be the key to the game.

The Saints certainly have holes in their back 7, but unlike the Eagles, I don't think Chicago has the speed on offense to exploit it. Also, don't forget that the Bears have holes on defense too. They haven't been playing well recently and badly miss Tommie Harris and Brown.

what happened to andrews ??

I don't remember seeing what happened to him, but he was out during most (if not all) of the second half. They really missed him, the line pretty much fell apart without him.

shally
01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
McAlister isn'ta warm weather player, he's a downhill runner. Brees played college ball in Indiana.

Both teams need to run the ball well and not turn it over. That'll be the key to the game.

The Saints certainly have holes in their back 7, but unlike the Eagles, I don't think Chicago has the speed on offense to exploit it. Also, don't forget that the Bears have holes on defense too. They haven't been playing well recently and badly miss Tommie Harris and Brown.

I don't remember seeing what happened to him, but he was out during most (if not all) of the second half. They really missed him, the line pretty much fell apart without him.

hard to replace your best o lineman.. i knew he was out, i just did not hear what the problem was.

yes, i know brees played at purdue.. but he has smallish hands and in cold weather ??

duece is from mississippi, as is horn.. it just does not get that bitter down there

i will be pulling for the saints, i just do not know if they will play well outdoors inthe cold.. it is one thing to go to atlanta, or dallas, or tampa and win on the road-- it is another to go to chicago in january. we will see if they are a team of destiny next week

redskin_rich
01-13-2007, 11:19 PM
what a BEAUTIFUL day! ravens and eagles lose......great day.
Absolutely as good a day as I could have asked for!
Same exact thing I said while watching, that was the worst coaching call of the game. You would think after falling just short year after year, a coach would become more emboldened but it seems to be just the opposite.

shally
01-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Absolutely as good a day as I could have asked for!
Same exact thing I said while watching, that was the worst coaching call of the game. You would think after falling just short year after year, a coach would become more emboldened but it seems to be just the opposite.

reid has to have listened to someone.. that looked like paralysis via analysis.
the iggle defense was not that good to put the ball in their hands.. they were weak against teams running up the middle all year.. they died by that flaw.

very poor coaching

redskins567
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
yup.. i want to see that onboxious eagles fan who was at the skins game and who kept switching jerseys on camera.. get a pic of his ugly mug now...

I know, i hated that stupid fan. He thought his team was soo good.:rolleyes:

danny's stogie
01-13-2007, 11:31 PM
hard to replace your best o lineman.. i knew he was out, i just did not hear what the problem was.

yes, i know brees played at purdue.. but he has smallish hands and in cold weather ??

duece is from mississippi, as is horn.. it just does not get that bitter down there

i will be pulling for the saints, i just do not know if they will play well outdoors inthe cold.. it is one thing to go to atlanta, or dallas, or tampa and win on the road-- it is another to go to chicago in january. we will see if they are a team of destiny next week

Sorry, I just don't trust Chicago at all no matter what the advantage. Grossman is terrible and the NFL playoffs are a game of QBs. They're missing their best defensive player in Tommie Harris. They have a false sense of moxy that I think will come back to bite them in the rear. Lovie Smith is too much of a jellyfish and I don't trust him to make any neccessary halftime adjustments. They've played in the minor leagues all year and now have to play against the one of the big boys.

But of course they'll crush the Seahawks because they're as bad as the Lions, Vikes, and Packers right now. They'll get all hyped up, everyone will pick them to beat the Saints, and then they'll lose by shooting themselves in the foot a dozen times because they spent the whole week reading their press clip-ins rather than trying to figure out Brees.

the iggle defense was not that good to put the ball in their hands.. they were weak against teams running up the middle all year.. they died by that flaw.

very poor coaching

Bunkley :D

shally
01-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry, I just don't trust Chicago at all no matter what the advantage. Grossman is terrible and the NFL playoffs are a game of QBs. They're missing their best defensive player in Tommie Harris. They have a false sense of moxy that I think will come back to bite them in the rear. Lovie Smith is too much of a jellyfish and I don't trust him to make any neccessary halftime adjustments. They've played in the minor leagues all year and now have to play against the one of the big boys.

But of course they'll crush the Seahawks because they're as bad as the Lions, Vikes, and Packers right now. They'll get all hyped up, everyone will pick them to beat the Saints, and then they'll lose by shooting themselves in the foot a dozen times because they spent the whole week reading their press clip-ins rather than trying to figure out Brees.

Bunkley :D

was that bunkley ? i thought it was darwin walker ?

you are right that chicago will be without several of their defensive starters.

i am just so used to seeing the saints flop that it is hard for me to envision them in the superbowl

danny's stogie
01-13-2007, 11:50 PM
was that bunkley ? i thought it was darwin walker ?

you are right that chicago will be without several of their defensive starters.

i am just so used to seeing the saints flop that it is hard for me to envision them in the superbowl

No, I'm just making fun of them drafting Bunkley. What poor returns so far from the 2006 NFC East draft picks.

Well, the Bears have nearly as bad historical mojo, and I trust Brees to change their fortunes.

shally
01-13-2007, 11:52 PM
No, I'm just making fun of them drafting Bunkley. What poor returns so far from the 2006 NFC East draft picks.

Well, the Bears have nearly as bad historical mojo, and I trust Brees to change their fortunes.

bears have been to the playoffs and won superbowls and other championships.. this is totally uncharted waters for the saints..

going to be a long night of partying in the quarter tonight

shally
01-14-2007, 12:09 AM
by the way, i will say this much about sean payton's offensive game plan-- i have never seen any offensive game plan neutralize dawkins the way his did.
dawkins was a total non factor, even on all those passes to the tight ends and slants.. sean must have come up with something to pull him away from the play time and time again

the skins offensive coaches better look long and hard at what he did because dawkins has always been a playmaker against the skins

Ibleedburgundy
01-14-2007, 01:11 AM
How did Colston fall to the 7th round? That guy has great hands.

shally
01-14-2007, 01:40 AM
How did Colston fall to the 7th round? That guy has great hands.

the commentators said he let himself get out of shape prior to the draft and he fell badly.. he got serious before coming to camp..

Farmer Ted
01-14-2007, 10:59 AM

very poor coaching

That had to be the worst decision I've seen in years. You have just as good of a chance to get the ball back one more time with a chance to win if you give it to the Saints on your 30 as you do if you give it to them on their 30. I have no idea what he was thinking. I guess maybe they just wanted to get the ball in Reggie Bush's hands one more time in case he choked up the ball again.

RedskinRyan
01-14-2007, 11:21 AM
by the way, i will say this much about sean payton's offensive game plan-- i have never seen any offensive game plan neutralize dawkins the way his did.
dawkins was a total non factor, even on all those passes to the tight ends and slants.. sean must have come up with something to pull him away from the play time and time again

the skins offensive coaches better look long and hard at what he did because dawkins has always been a playmaker against the skins

i guess coaching in NY and dallas, he's seen dawkins enough times to know you gotta gameplan around him. he's getting up there in age, but he's still the best player on that defense. but they got young players such as trent cole and omar gaither that are up-and-comers.

shally
01-14-2007, 11:22 AM
That had to be the worst decision I've seen in years. You have just as good of a chance to get the ball back one more time with a chance to win if you give it to the Saints on your 30 as you do if you give it to them on their 30. I have no idea what he was thinking. I guess maybe they just wanted to get the ball in Reggie Bush's hands one more time in case he choked up the ball again.

sounds like what you get with "group think".... a really bad idea the longer i think about it.. lurie must be smoked

danny's stogie
01-14-2007, 11:34 AM

Peyton's gameplan: give Dawkins the flu, lol.

shally
01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
i guess coaching in NY and dallas, he's seen dawkins enough times to know you gotta gameplan around him. he's getting up there in age, but he's still the best player on that defense. but they got young players such as trent cole and omar gaither that are up-and-comers.

agree about gaither.. they have had second rate linebackers for some time now, but he looks like a stud in the making..

shally
01-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Peyton's gameplan: give Dawkins the flu, lol.

is that what it was ?? because i cannot remember another game that dawkins was such a non factor in ages.. 4 tackles.. granted, they missed shepherd, but still....

danny's stogie
01-14-2007, 11:42 AM
agree about gaither.. they have had second rate linebackers for some time now, but he looks like a stud in the making..

On the other hand, Trotter and Barber look as good as done. I'm not just talking about when Trotter got juked out, he had a pretty tough season overall. He's always been a liability in pass protection, but now he isn't nearly as disruptive against the run to merit keeping on the field. No sacks, only 3 tackles for a loss, and just one fumble forced. Him and Lemar should go share a condo in Palm Springs.

is that what it was ?? because i cannot remember another game that dawkins was such a non factor in ages.. 4 tackles.. granted, they missed shepherd, but still....

Correct, I heard it on the radio last night. Philly last night reminded me of the Skins last year in the division round game: a lot of heart, but too tired and beat up.

shally
01-14-2007, 11:46 AM
On the other hand, Trotter and Barber look as good as done. I'm not just talking about when Trotter got juked out, he had a pretty tough season overall. He's always been a liability in pass protection, but now he isn't nearly as disruptive against the run to merit keeping on the field. No sacks, only 3 tackles for a loss, and just one fumble forced. Him and Lemar should go share a condo in Palm Springs.

Correct, I heard it on the radio last night. Philly last night reminded me of the Skins last year in the division round game: a lot of heart, but too tired and beat up.

i think the JJohnson takes somewhat the opposite view of linebackers that GW does.. he has used retreads for a long time and put his money in the def line and secondary.. whereas GW prefers to have middling def linemen and superior linebackers for his schemes.. looks like the iggles got lucky with gaither being a low rounder and might be able to make lewis make the conversion to WLB this offseason.. still barber and trotter are clearly at the end of their careers

shally
01-14-2007, 11:48 AM

i got to say i have a lot of respect for garcia after last night..TO did him an injustice because garcia is a warrior even if he lacks arm strength obviously.. his long pass to stallworth was really ugly and almost game the def man a chance to recover.

Dolla Bill
01-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I have much respect for Garcia. He came in and did what he was supposed to do. Win.

Edit: Just came up short last night.

shally
01-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I have much respect for Garcia. He came in and did what he was supposed to do. Win.

the iggles will be fools if they do not try to resign him for next year.. he will be a fool if he moves to some place like detroit or cleveland to try and start.. they are a perfect match-- especially if it gives mcnabb a chance to heal slowly next year..

danny's stogie
01-14-2007, 11:57 AM
i think the JJohnson takes somewhat the opposite view of linebackers that GW does.. he has used retreads for a long time and put his money in the def line and secondary.. whereas GW prefers to have middling def linemen and superior linebackers for his schemes.. looks like the iggles got lucky with gaither being a low rounder and might be able to make lewis make the conversion to WLB this offseason.. still barber and trotter are clearly at the end of their careers

Very true about how they value linebackers. Word to the Mockdraftsters: Philly never takes linebackers early.

The problem though with that philosophy is that over the last few seasons Philly's Dline has been spotty. They get good performances from players for a few weeks and then they disappear for the rest of the season. I like Patterson, but other than that I'm not wholly impressed by them despite the high profile names. Bunkley is a complete mystery. Howard looked good at first, but showed his age as the season wore on. Kearse is as good as done imo. Who knows what's up with Walker, they're asking him to play nose, but he isn't doing a good job eating blockers. I like Cole as a situational pass rusher, but you can see pretty clearly that he shouldn't be in on running downs.

Another thing is that I'm sick of hearing about the "bend but don't break" Philly defense. Do you think they intentially suck them into the red zone so that they can stop them? Please, if they could stop them at midfield they would.

i got to say i have a lot of respect for garcia after last night..TO did him an injustice because garcia is a warrior even if he lacks arm strength obviously.. his long pass to stallworth was really ugly and almost game the def man a chance to recover.

Props to Garcia for being gutsy, but as an Eagle hater I hope to god they resign him and blackball McNabb.

shally
01-14-2007, 11:59 AM
nobody has invested more draft picks and money in their d line over the past 5-7 years with less results than the iggles.. they have made bad choices and bad draft picks.. they have tried to solve the d line problem but just havent gotten it done..

danny's stogie
01-14-2007, 12:09 PM
nobody has invested more draft picks and money in their d line over the past 5-7 years with less results than the iggles.. they have made bad choices and bad draft picks.. they have tried to solve the d line problem but just havent gotten it done..

True, and it always baffled me how they got pegged as being great drafters. They had one great draft in 02 and in a few years time 05 might be very good as well, but other than that they've had pretty spotty drafts over the past decade. Several of their best players -- McNabb, Tra Thomas, Dawkins, basically the glue that holds their team together -- date back to when Casserly was drafting for the Skins.

Farmer Ted
01-14-2007, 12:38 PM
sounds like what you get with "group think".... a really bad idea the longer i think about it.. lurie must be smoked

Seriously, what a dumb idea. I heard Jaws defending him this morning on espn. He said that only one 4th and 15 was converted all season in the nfl. I'm thinking he heard that from Reid, or someone with the Eagles. But who cares? How many times this season did anyone even try to go for it on 4th and 15 or more? It only happens on the last play of the game, and is usually a Hail Mary, so that piece of data is pretty useless. I mean, come on, this is the team converted a 4th and 26 against the Packers two years ago.

Tell you what I'd have done: run a draw to Westbrook. I guarantee you NO wouldn't have seen that coming. In the least, he probably gets 10 yards and that pushes the Saints out of field goal range.

Biggie
01-14-2007, 12:43 PM
True, and it always baffled me how they got pegged as being great drafters. They had one great draft in 02 and in a few years time 05 might be very good as well, but other than that they've had pretty spotty drafts over the past decade. Several of their best players -- McNabb, Tra Thomas, Dawkins, basically the glue that holds their team together -- date back to when Casserly was drafting for the Skins.

What will be even sadder is if they dump McNabb for Jeff Garcia.

dj_stouty
01-14-2007, 05:35 PM
My take on the game...

My family went up to Northern Delaware (Wilmington) to visit my folks for the weekend. Needless to say, Wilmington is very much Eagles country.

Anyway, I was helping my Pop put his surround-sound together on Saturday afternoon befor the game and I needed to run out to Radio Shack for some additional a/v cords.

So I go into the store and grab the cables...and the guy in-line in front of me is wearing a brand spankin new GARCIA jersey! Man...this thing was straight off the hanger, since you could still see the creases in it. I didn't even know they sold his jersey! All I could think of was this: :garcia: He was BEAMING, and I as I approached him, he gave me some sort of head-nod as if I was a fellow Iggles fan. I didn't reciprocate, so he looked a little pissed as he walked off.

So, I then hand the cables to the clerk, who was an older gent wearing (shocker) a kelly green sweater with a white turtleneck. He held up the TV cable and said with authority: "I know what this is for!". I said; "What?". He said; "This is for tonight's game!". I laughed out loud and didn't even respond. So he gave me a dirty look as well.

The Radio Shack is only 6 blocks from my folks' home. On the drive back, I spotted at least three different homeade "Eagles' Country" signs hanging from various homes. I rolled my eyes and let my wife know they were in for a letdown.

That evening, we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Everyone was wearing their jerseys, even the waitress, who wore a pink Westbrook jersey. Honest, I literally heard a patron mention something about her being a fan of Westbrook and she responded; "Who is Westbrook"? LOL

So this morning...we drive down the same road towards the Radio Shack to get towards I-95 for our drive back to Richmond and NOT A SINGLE SIGN of the three I witnessed on Saturday was to be seen. One was actually ripped off its perch on the house and tossed into their front lawn. You could even see dirty foot prints all over it, as if some drunk Eagles fan stomped on it after Coach Ried punted on 4th and 15. LMAO. I wanted to cry with glee.

The moral of the story: There is no bigger bandwagon fanbase than that of the Philadelphia Eagles. When they are winning, Eagles' Country is plastered with signs and everyone from 2-week old infants to the old clerk at the Radio Shack are wearing Eagles green. BUT, as soon as their season is over, they cut their ties with the team just as quickly.

I witnessed a major black cloud over Wilmington as I drove home today...and ironically, that black cloud was also visible over the Baltimore skyline. It wasn't until I hit the DC beltway before the sun came out!

Hail to the Redskins!

The_Sonny_Of_Sammy
01-15-2007, 10:05 AM

Yeah, my eight year old pointed that out to me.

danny's stogie
01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
The moral of the story: There is no bigger bandwagon fanbase than that of the Philadelphia Eagles. When they are winning, Eagles' Country is plastered with signs and everyone from 2-week old infants to the old clerk at the Radio Shack are wearing Eagles green. BUT, as soon as their season is over, they cut their ties with the team just as quickly.

I witnessed a major black cloud over Wilmington as I drove home today...and ironically, that black cloud was also visible over the Baltimore skyline. It wasn't until I hit the DC beltway before the sun came out!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hey don't belittle Cowboys fans like that, they easily take the title of biggest bandwagoners! Truthfully, as much as I dislike them I have to give the Eagles fans props for sticking with their team for so long when they've had their hearts broken so many, many, thousands, of Indiana Jones heart ripped out times.