PDA

View Full Version : David (CB) of Colts signs Offer with Saints- Clock ticking

bgforever
04-19-2007, 09:57 AM
This guy replaced Macklin, after Dungy's first season with the Colts. David did quite well over time,and a 4th is decent for compensation to the Colts, who aren't likely to match this offer by the Saints. Freeney's presence is being felt in the Colts defense and not just on the field, but in the wallet.

Harper, David, June, Doss are KEY names gone from that defense. We aren't talking Baltimore, NO, etc of that nature, so Simon, McFarland (declining most likely this season), and others deplete the DLine from the SB Champs.

What a difference an offseason makes.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

PyroGenic
04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
well, they're definitely falling apart. The O will still be there, but ugh, that D is gonna be uuuugly. But they weren't that pretty to watch in the first place so I wonder what the drop off in production is going to be... that should be something interesting to look for at the beginning of the season.

shally
04-19-2007, 10:04 AM
This guy replaced Macklin, after Dungy's first season with the Colts. David did quite well over time,and a 4th is decent for compensation to the Colts, who aren't likely to match this offer by the Saints. Freeney's presence is being felt in the Colts defense and not just on the field, but in the wallet.

Harper, David, June, Doss are KEY names gone from that defense. We aren't talking Baltimore, NO, etc of that nature, so Simon, McFarland (declining most likely this season), and others deplete the DLine from the SB Champs.

that is nfl parity at work... it is the reason there are no real dynasties and it is intended to work this way

SpicyMcHaggis
04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
The Colts will once again win their division and be a Super Bowl contender.

shally
04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
well, they're definitely falling apart. The O will still be there, but ugh, that D is gonna be uuuugly. But they weren't that pretty to watch in the first place so I wonder what the drop off in production is going to be... that should be something interesting to look for at the beginning of the season.

they will have a defensively focused draft.

unlike us, they should have their draft to get it done

PyroGenic
04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
they will have a defensively focused draft.

unlike us, they should have their draft to get it done

well they definitely seem to be one of the better drafting franchises in the NFL.

bgforever
04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
The Colts will once again win their division and be a Super Bowl contender.

That's a tall order for that defense. It wasn't all that, but worked together well. However, the weren't that bad with Doss recovering, Simon out, Reagor out, Sanders the venable Safety not really showing up until prime time (playoffs). yet, that is far from happening ever again, and not just because of the personnel, but the odds are just too great.

I think they take a huge dive in production, in order to reconstitute their defense to be better in either 2008 or 2009. On the contrary I think their O peaked in key spots and now they too will tail off, starting with the O Line. I thought the NON replacement of T. Glenn was a mismove by Moore. Saturday is fine, but there are points to made against the offense at times, and not based on perfection, but some obvious events. Wayne will get constant attention, but unless they somehow get CJ or Gin, Jr., they will tail off in WR production. I thought Harrison, though determined, was starting to show, that all good things do start to decline. Wayne's star rose at the precise moment, Harrison's is starting to approach downward.

Happens to all the players great or not. His accomplishments are now in the past. He won't surprise people anymore and the defenders are getting better at controlling him.

bgforever
04-19-2007, 10:39 AM
well they definitely seem to be one of the better drafting franchises in the NFL.

This is true to some degree, then that is also because he (Moore) has kept them on the team longer than most. As you can see the defense is a different story, as the faces keep changing over the past 8 years.

WR- two most prolific Colts' WR's together, ever, been teammates at least 4 yrs
QB same guy since he was drafted #1 in entire draft, Manning.
OL, 4 are toghether for at least 4 yrs
TE, Clark the mainstay and makes big plays, starter since rookie year, for at least 4 years
RB, Addai replaces Edge and in very First year has a ring, but it is RHODES who knows the players and coaches Addai in the background, without fanfare, while piling up his own accalodes along the way. Rhodes was with the Colts at least 4 years as well.

Compare that to the defense - Uh, LB, 3 changes in the 3 yrs, DL, 4 changes in 3 years, CB 4 changes in 5, safety - Revolving door for safties in the past 4 years.

Dungy is the MAIN reason the defense limped into the playoffs, instead of being brought in on a stretcher.
However, that is a tough act to follow for a "repeat". If he pulls it off, I will die my hair blue!

skinsfan36
04-19-2007, 10:41 PM
this is a big blow to there secondary to lose harper,david,doss but they like the young corners they have drafted the past few years (ex jackson)

Hr fan
04-20-2007, 11:04 AM

When I think of all the FO overreaching, I tend to forget that they are somewhat good in FA. This is the year of big overpayment ($49M for Dockery? You got to be kidding, Buffalo). Fletcher and Smoot and Wade and Fabini look good at their prices, and address need areas. Now if Carolina throws in Jenkins for 1st round swap and Anderson falls to 16 ...

MONK_in_HOF
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Still don't care much for David since his antics of hitting Santana in the back after plays and then talking trash about it.