PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction?????

tbfoster1
08-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I saw this on ebaumsworld forum and thought it might be fun. (I don't post there, I just look for little games and see what people are saying about movies) Anywho, the way it works it that I'll start out with a question about the NFL, the next poster replies with fact or fiction, and then a brief explanation, then they ask the next question.

Feel free to debate someones answer. But if you do it would be nice if you could quote their response, give your opinion, and then quote the previous question so no one has to go back through the thread to find it.

This can be anything related to the NFL: Individual Players, Coaches, Whole Teams, cetain units, front office, etc...

I'll start:

The Saints will make it to the NFC championship again this year?

CarMike
08-05-2007, 09:51 AM
The Saints will make it to the NFC championship again this year?
Fact.

A competent QB will do wonders for your team. It'll create better field position for your defense. While also keeping your defense off of the field.

Once they got DB, they became a very good team in the NFC. And Lets face it, the NFC isn't that powerful right now as a whole.

Next Question:

The Colts will repeat as Superbowl Champions.

CNYSkinFan
08-05-2007, 10:07 AM
The Colts will repeat as Superbowl Champions.

Fiction...but at least realistic fiction. No one rep[eats as Superbowl champions unless they have Tom Brady, but thye Colts are the next best thing. And they lost virtually no one of merit so theyu have a shot, but the odds are against them.

The Raiders will once again be picking first in next year's draft.

CNYSkinFan
08-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Seattle will win the NFC West.

Fiction

The NFC West is restocked and reloaded and no longer the pushover it once was, and Seatlle is getting older and slower. I say the Rams of San Fran will rise to the challenge this year.

Calvin Johnson will break 1000 receiving yards for the Lions this season.

HAWGZHEAD
08-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Calvin Johnson will break 1000 receiving yards for the Lions this season.
Fiction: Detroit never delivers on the goods and I believe Williams will still be the go to guy as secondaries will make it a point to stop the chosen one. He will have a good year but under a 1000 IMO.

LT scores over 20 TD's this season.

CNYSkinFan
08-05-2007, 10:37 AM
LT scores over 20 TD's this season.

Fact. Under Norv the offense will be just as good if not better, but the defense will be horrible and he will still make horrible 4th quarter decisions.

Question: Trent Green will lead the Dolphins to the playoffs.

akhhorus
08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Fact. Under Norv the offense will be just as good if not better, but the defense will be horrible and he will still make horrible 4th quarter decisions.

Fiction: The Dolphins still have a poor Oline and inconsistency on Defense.

Question: Wade Phillips is letting the "inmates" run the asylum in Dallas and TO will be the most..douchebaggy..this upcoming season.

dj_stouty
08-05-2007, 10:43 AM

FICTION: The Dolphins will have their momentum stalled after they lose to the Skins in week 1. LOL. But seriously, Trent Green will be a different QB without the benefit of LJ, Holmes, Gonzo and that amazing O-line. The Dolphins do have any similar personnel to compliment him. He will be asked to outright win games and that isnt' his cup of tea.

Next: Rex Grossman will be the starting QB for the entire regular season in Chicago.

skinfanjon
08-05-2007, 11:50 AM
FICTION: The Dolphins will have their momentum stalled after they lose to the Skins in week 1. LOL. But seriously, Trent Green will be a different QB without the benefit of LJ, Holmes, Gonzo and that amazing O-line. The Dolphins do have any similar personnel to compliment him. He will be asked to outright win games and that isnt' his cup of tea.

Next: Rex Grossman will be the starting QB for the entire regular season in Chicago.

Fact. Grossman has been given chance after chance to succeed, I can't imagine they all of a sudden feel Greise is a better option. They should have made a play for Garcia if they wanted to bench Rex. Will he improve? Probably somewhat, but turnovers will still be the death of him. Still, the Bears make the playoffs and have a great shot at getting back to the Super Bowl.

Question: Will the Panthers make the playoffs?

tbfoster1
08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Fact. Grossman has been given chance after chance to succeed, I can't imagine they all of a sudden feel Greise is a better option. They should have made a play for Garcia if they wanted to bench Rex. Will he improve? Probably somewhat, but turnovers will still be the death of him. Still, the Bears make the playoffs and have a great shot at getting back to the Super Bowl.

Question: Will the Panthers make the playoffs?

Fiction: They will not win their division and I think the wild cards will go to someone in the west and someone in east

Next: The New England Patriots are a lock to make it to the Super Bowl

SpicyMcHaggis
08-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Fiction: They will not win their division and I think the wild cards will go to someone in the west and someone in east

Next: The New England Patriots are a lock to make it to the Super Bowl
Fiction. It's impossible for an NFL team to be a lock for the Super Bowl. They are one Tom Brady injury from not making the playoffs. Just like the Colts. But they are heavily favored.

Next: Coughlin will be fired before Week 10.

RedskinRyan
08-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Fiction. It's impossible for an NFL team to be a lock for the Super Bowl. They are one Tom Brady injury from not making the playoffs. Just like the Colts. But they are heavily favored.

Next: Coughlin will be fired before Week 10.

false, the team will be 7-2 by that point. they may decide to fire him before the second half collapse though.

fact or fiction: brady quinn will start more games than jamarcus russell

shally
08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
false, the team will be 7-2 by that point. they may decide to fire him before the second half collapse though.

fact or fiction: brady quinn will start more games than jamarcus russell

fiction:
quinn is delayed getting signed and will be behind the learning curve the whole year

despite the fact that culpepper is at oakland, he will prove once again that his entire career is due to randy moss and will get replaced by mid year as the raiders commit to russell and the future

fact or fiction: after decades in the wilderness the cardinals will finally reach the playoffs

HAWGZHEAD
08-05-2007, 02:07 PM
fact or fiction: after decades in the wilderness the cardinals will finally reach the playoffs
Fiction: That is going to be one tough conference from the inside this year and I just don't think the O-line is there yet. With the 2 O-line minded coaches there in place now I would say they will contend by next year though. Rams get the Wild Card this year.

Randy Moss' desire to play football returns because he is playing for a ring this year

shally
08-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Fiction: That is going to be one tough conference from the inside this year and I just don't think the O-line is there yet. With the 2 O-line minded coaches there in place now I would say they will contend by next year though. Rams get the Wild Card this year.

Randy Moss' desire to play football returns because he is playing for a ring this year
fact: moss has never had a qb with the accuracy of brady. nor has he ever played on a team where he didnt have to carry the offense.
the vets on that team will get inside his head and he will be productive and mature

fact or fiction:
reggie bush is even more dangerous and productive this year while the texans still wait for williams to show why he was even worthy of a top 10 pick, much less the number 1 pick overall ...

tbfoster1
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM

IMO the Rams win the division. Seattle is slipping and Steven Jackson is starting to come on real strong

fact: moss has never had a qb with the accuracy of brady. nor has he ever played on a team where he didnt have to carry the offense.
the vets on that team will get inside his head and he will be productive and mature

fact or fiction:
reggie bush is even more dangerous and productive this year while the texans still wait for williams to show why he was even worthy of a top 10 pick, much less the number 1 pick overall ...

Fact: Reggie already did alot of good things last year for the Saints last year and I'm sure he will improve. Williams will never show why he was a number 1 pick, much less show it this year

Larry Johnson's will not be as productive as years past.

HAWGZHEAD
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
IMO the Rams win the division. Seattle is slipping and Steven Jackson is starting to come on real strongVery possible I agree. Should have said "at least gets the wild card"

Larry Johnson's will not be as productive as years past.
Fact: His relationship is sour with the team and I think it will effect his desire.

Marshawn Lynch rushes for over 1,000yds his rookie season

CarMike
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
fiction:
quinn is delayed getting signed and will be behind the learning curve the whole year

despite the fact that culpepper is at oakland, he will prove once again that his entire career is due to randy moss and will get replaced by mid year as the raiders commit to russell and the future

TIMEOUT! shally, Russle is still sitting out of training camp. And its expected he'll miss out most of the preseason and possibly 1 or 2 weeks of the season. That is according to John Clayton.

TIME IN! :D

hockeygoalie29
08-06-2007, 08:45 AM
The Raiders will once again be picking first in next year's draft.

Fiction. Last years debacle had a lot to do with a coach who had no idea how to coach in this era and a QB who would be lucky to be #2 on any other team. With their defense and a decent QB (Culpepper or McCown) they will win at least 5-6 games this year.

Marshawn Lynch rushes for over 1,000yds his rookie season

Fact. He will get the vast majority of the rushing opportunities in Buffalo and once that O-line jells they should be able to open up some holes. The Losman/Evans combo should also keep defenses from stacking the box. I think he'll end up with around 1,100 rushing yards and 300-400 receiving yards.

Fact or Fiction? - The AFC East will be the best division in the NFL.

dj_stouty
08-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Fact or Fiction? - The AFC East will be the best division in the NFL.

Fiction. The Dolphins and Bills are no where near playoff caliber...and the Jets are in for a rude awakening next year when they barely break .500. I'll go on record as saying the AFC North will be the best. Baltimore will continue to be strong, especially after upgrading their RB...and Cinci & Pitt will certainly improve on their 8-8 seasons from last year.

Fact or Fiction?: Jake Delhomme will be the starter for the Panthers in week 4.

RedskinRyan
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
fact: carr will replace him by week 10 though

fact or fiction: mike tomlin will finish with more wins this year than ken whisenhunt.

dj_stouty
08-06-2007, 09:23 AM
fact or fiction: mike tomlin will finish with more wins this year than ken whisenhunt.

FACT: Tomlin's offense looked really sharp last night. But overall, I think it will be easier for the Steelers to improve on their 8-win season than it will for the Cards to improve on their 5-win season. Steelers will get the most wins...

Fact or Fiction? Boldin and Fitzgerald will both be in the top 10 in receiving yardage at the end of the season.

redskin_rich
08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Fact or Fiction? Boldin and Fitzgerald will both be in the top 10 in receiving yardage at the end of the season.
Fiction, the first step to making the Cardinals a respectable team is balancing their offense, which Whisenhunt and Grimm will work hard to do. Thus one or both of the Cardinal WR's will have slightly less production but the offense as a whole, will improve.

Fact or Fiction? The Rams will be a playoff contender this year.

CNYSkinFan
08-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Fiction, the first step to making the Cardinals a respectable team is balancing their offense, which Whisenhunt and Grimm will work hard to do. Thus one or both of the Cardinal WR's will have slightly less production but the offense as a whole, will improve.

Fact or Fiction? The Rams will be a playoff contender this year.
Fact: Because they copuld win the NFC West. Seattle is on the decline and SF is still too young. The Cardinals are always about what is possible but never delivering. So yes the Rams are in the mix for a playoff game this year.

Fact or fiction?: Reggie Bush will eventually become an every down back in NO.

Dolla Bill
08-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Fact: Because they copuld win the NFC West. Seattle is on the decline and SF is still too young. The Cardinals are always about what is possible but never delivering. So yes the Rams are in the mix for a playoff game this year.

Fact or fiction?: Reggie Bush will eventually become an every down back in NO.

Fiction: In this day and age, you need 2 good backs. As long as Payton is the head coach, he will not be an everydown back.

Fact or fiction? The Bengals will win 10 games and secure either the division or wild card this year, despite their offseason of crime.

dj_stouty
08-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Fact or fiction? The Bengals will win 10 games and secure either the division or wild card this year, despite their offseason of crime.

Hmmm. I believe they can still win 10 games thanks to Palmer, Rudi and Cinco...but 10 games may not be enough to get a wild card in the AFC. I guess I have to say FICTION right now...

Fact or Fiction?: Matt Leinhart will put up better stats than Matt Hasselbeck this season.

CNYSkinFan
08-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Hmmm. I believe they can still win 10 games thanks to Palmer, Rudi and Cinco...but 10 games may not be enough to get a wild card in the AFC. I guess I have to say FICTION right now...

Fact or Fiction?: Matt Leinhart will put up better stats than Matt Hasselbeck this season.
Fact. Hasselbeck is on the decline and getting injured. AZ will put up decent offensive numbers, espescially when passing because they are behind.

Fact or Fiction: This is finally Matt Millen's last year in Detroit.

Dolla Bill
08-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Fact. Hasselbeck is on the decline and getting injured. AZ will put up decent offensive numbers, espescially when passing because they are behind.

Fact or Fiction: This is finally Matt Millen's last year in Detroit.

Fiction, unless the Fords find out those incriminating photos are actually photoshopped.

Fact or Fiction: Favre will actually retire after this year.

CNYSkinFan
08-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Fiction, unless the Fords find out those incriminating photos are actually photoshopped.

Fact or Fiction: Favre will actually retire after this year.
Tough one but I am going with Fiction. But I dont think he will be in GB next year.

Fact or fiction: Jay Cutler will be a quality NFL Qb.

PyroGenic
08-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Tough one but I am going with Fiction. But I dont think he will be in GB next year.

Fact or fiction: Jay Cutler will be a quality NFL Qb.

Fact, quality doesn't necessarily mean stellar and with Denver's strong running game, he'll have time to develop and the pressure won't be solely on him to deliver all the time. Plus the defense isn't too shabby and doesn't seem to have many holes unless you think losing an injured al wilson is actually a loss.

Fact or Fiction: Is Vince Young over-hyped?

CNYSkinFan
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Fact, quality doesn't necessarily mean stellar and with Denver's strong running game, he'll have time to develop and the pressure won't be solely on him to deliver all the time. Plus the defense isn't too shabby and doesn't seem to have many holes unless you think losing an injured al wilson is actually a loss.

Fact or Fiction: Is Vince Young over-hyped?
Fact...yes he is. But he is also very very good. He will be overyhyped even more with Vick going down and the NFL wanting to stress that a young black Q is on the rise in the NFL.

Fact or fiction: Randy Moss puts New England over the top and is now the favorite to win the Superbowl.

PyroGenic
08-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Fact...yes he is. But he is also very very good. He will be overyhyped even more with Vick going down and the NFL wanting to stress that a young black Q is on the rise in the NFL.

Fact or fiction: Randy Moss puts New England over the top and is now the favorite to win the Superbowl.

Fact. Everybody saw those playoff games. Everybody saw that bugeyed dude's eyes get even larger when he dropped the easiest pass in his life while nobody was even covering him. With these new receivers New England is getting, they won't have that problem anymore and should be favorites barring an injury.

Fact of Fiction: Merriman's oddly shaped head is due to steroids.

Sweepea436
08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Fiction - There is some funny lookin' melons out there, I think his is a natural abomination! lol

Niners make the playoffs this year.

dj_stouty
08-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Niners make the playoffs this year.

Fact. (Or rather, "Sure...why not?") The NFC is wide open...especially the NFC West. I think a heavy dosage of Frank Gore will make them competitive in the division...as long as they don't have to rely on Alex Smith to win them games. I think they can compete for their divison title...

Fact of Fiction: Matt Schaub will throw more TDs than INTs next year.

CNYSkinFan
08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Fact. (Or rather, "Sure...why not?") The NFC is wide open...especially the NFC West. I think a heavy dosage of Frank Gore will make them competitive in the division...as long as they don't have to rely on Alex Smith to win them games. I think they can compete for their divison title...
Fact or fiction: DJ forgot how to play the game because he does not put out another question.

dj_stouty
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Fact or fiction: DJ forgot how to play the game because he does not put out another question.

Fact. It has happened more than once already! ;)

HAWGZHEAD
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Fact of Fiction: Matt Schaub will throw more TDs than INTs next year.
FAct although I believe it will be close, something like 19/18.

Fact of Fiction: Schaub will be the most sacked QB in the league.

hockeygoalie29
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Fact of Fiction: Schaub will be the most sacked QB in the league.

Fiction, I believe that honor will go to Tavaris Jackson who was sacked 7 times in his two starts for the Vikings. Or whichever QB wins the Oakland starting job.

Fact or Fiction: Donovan McNabb will play at least 12 games this year.

firehawk157
08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Fiction, I believe that honor will go to Tavaris Jackson who was sacked 7 times in his two starts for the Vikings. Or whichever QB wins the Oakland starting job.

Fact or Fiction: Donovan McNabb will play at least 12 games this year.
Fiction... He is breaking down and will force himself back earlier, just increasing his chances at getting injured.

Fact or Fiction: Tony Romo is the answer at QB for the Cowboys...

HAWGZHEAD
08-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Fact or Fiction: Tony Romo is the answer at QB for the Cowboys...Fiction: Romo < E. Manning

Aaron Rodgers is shipped out of GB before he ever becomes the starter.

firehawk157
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Fiction: Romo < E. Manning

Aaron Rodgers is shipped out of GB before he ever becomes the starter.
Fiction... I think Farve is on one of his last seasons and the brass (knowing it's not their choice anyways) will keep around Rodgers so they won't lose 2-3 years to switch out the QB.

Fact or Fiction: Brandon Jacobs will do well enough to be the "answer" at RB for NYG?

PyroGenic
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Fiction... I think Farve is on one of his last seasons and the brass (knowing it's not their choice anyways) will keep around Rodgers so they won't lose 2-3 years to switch out the QB.

Fact or Fiction: Brandon Jacobs will do well enough to be the "answer" at RB for NYG?

Fiction. Eventhough he's a huge guy there are still injury concerns about him (atleast according to the sports writers) and just because he's big doesn't mean that he's impervious to injury, especially with his stand up running style. Even if he does decently there's no way he can pump out the kind of production tiki had and without that there's no way the giants have anywhere close to a decent season.

Fact or Fiction: Veterans complain louder about minor injuries in training camp to avoid it.

Sweepea436
08-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Fiction. Eventhough he's a huge guy there are still injury concerns about him (atleast according to the sports writers) and just because he's big doesn't mean that he's impervious to injury, especially with his stand up running style. Even if he does decently there's no way he can pump out the kind of production tiki had and without that there's no way the giants have anywhere close to a decent season.

Fact or Fiction: Veterans complain louder about minor injuries in training camp to avoid it.

Fact. Your next game isn't guaranteed in football, these guys are trying to hold out as long as they can to support themselves. To lose your livelihood in preseason is an awful thought for them I'm sure.

Seahawks = the most borinig team in the NFL to watch?

dj_stouty
08-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Seahawks = the most borinig team in the NFL to watch?

FICTION. It is still fun to watch Alexander pound the ball off Walter Jones' side of the line...and defense still has a lot of playmakers in Trufant, Tutupu, Peterson and Kearny.

I'd venture to say that the Bucs or Vikings are more boring.

Fact or Fiction: Leftwich is on the hotseat and could lose his job this year.

CNYSkinFan
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
FICTION. It is still fun to watch Alexander pound the ball off Walter Jones' side of the line...and defense still has a lot of playmakers in Trufant, Tutupu, Peterson and Kearny.

I'd venture to say that the Bucs or Vikings are more boring.

Fact or Fiction: Leftwich is on the hotseat and could lose his job this year.
Fact. There are reasons why Jacksonville was looking at Culpepper and even thought about trading leftwhich when Girard was hot. Leftwhich has one year to show progress or he is done.

Fact or fiction: Brady Quinn will do better in the NFL then Jamar Russell.

firehawk157
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Fact. There are reasons why Jacksonville was looking at Culpepper and even thought about trading leftwhich when Girard was hot. Leftwhich has one year to show progress or he is done.

Fact or fiction: Brady Quinn will do better in the NFL then Jamar Russell.
Fiction... Initially, I'd say Quinn has a better chance of succeeding, due to the Browns have an edge offensively. Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow and an okay OL will mean he won't get hammered like J Russell will in his first year or two. But, the Raiders have a great D already and if they can get some playmakers on offense and shore up pass protection, J Russell can lead the team deep into the playoffs while Quinn is still floudering around in the mediocrity that is Cleveland.

Fact or Fiction: Brian Brohm will play for ATL next year.

hockeygoalie29
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Fact or Fiction: Brian Brohm will play for ATL next year.

Fiction, he'll either be in Minnesota or Kansas City. Harrington will do just enough to keep Atlanta out of the bottom 5 in the league. Tavaris Jackson and Croyle/Huard won't be so lucky.

Fact or Fiction: Chicago has the easiest path to a division title.

dj_stouty
08-07-2007, 11:27 AM

Fiction: The Pats will have an easier time and Chicago wont be the same team as last year.

Fact of Fiction: Pennington will slump again this season due to another bad shoulder injury.

CNYSkinFan
08-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Fiction, he'll either be in Minnesota or Kansas City. Harrington will do just enough to keep Atlanta out of the bottom 5 in the league. Tavaris Jackson and Croyle/Huard won't be so lucky.

Fact. Minnesotta is horrible, Detroit is a joike, and Green Bay is done unless Favre can find a fountain of youth. Plus Chicago is still prtetty loaded from last year. It just is not fair, the NFC North is the worst division in football.

Fact or fiction: Buffalo will win 5 gams or less this year.

firehawk157
08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Fact. Minnesotta is horrible, Detroit is a joike, and Green Bay is done unless Favre can find a fountain of youth. Plus Chicago is still prtetty loaded from last year. It just is not fair, the NFC North is the worst division in football.

Fact or fiction: Buffalo will win 5 gams or less this year.
Fact. They completely gutted their defense (London Fletcher, Nate Clements and Takeo Spikes jump immediately to mind) and their offense is a one-headed monster that is named Lee Evans. Evans is good, but at a position that relies on somebody else to make a serious difference.

Fact or Fiction: Pennington will slump again this year due to a shoulder injury (just reasked Stouty's question to get an answer)

Sweepea436
08-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Fiction: The Pats will have an easier time and Chicago wont be the same team as last year.

Fact of Fiction: Pennington will slump again this season due to another bad shoulder injury.

Fact - No reason other than a hunch. Jets seem destined for mediocrity. I predict they will be middle of the pack until they get a snazzy uniform change.

Detroits WR love affair will pay off this year.

RedskinRyan
08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
fact: williams, furrey, and johnson will be a lethal trio

fact or fiction: jeff fisher will be head coach of the titans next year

skinfanjon
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
fact: williams, furrey, and johnson will be a lethal trio

fact or fiction: jeff fisher will be head coach of the titans next year

Fact. I don't see any reason why he would be let go. He's a terrific gameday coach and he just got his QB of the future, not to mention he's had to deal with the whole Pacman thing the entire offseason. If nothing else, that should buy him another season. Besides, who would they replace him with? They won't find anyone more capable.

Question: The Texans will win 7 games this year.

Redskin4Life
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Question: Wade Phillips is letting the "inmates" run the asylum in Dallas and TO will be the most..douchebaggy..this upcoming season.

Fact. Romo will struggle early under youngster Jarrett's direction and TO will be TO. Then we'll see the Wade Phillips of old.... and why the Bills fired him a few years ago. Some people are meant to be coaches while others are just meant to be assistants (cough, cough, Norv).

Question: The Texans will win 7 games this year.

Fiction. The Texans D will improve from last year (I think Mario and Amobi will cause some damage from the line with constant pressure) but there will be an adjustment period with the changing of last year's skill position players on the O side (Carr to Schaub, Davis-Williams to Green, Moulds to McCardell? come to mind)... none of these guys have played in this system and will need time to adjust. Also being in the AFC South with emerging Titans and powerhouse Colts as well as playing the AFC West won't help matters. Not to mention the last 5 games of the season are: @ TEN (fighting for a playoff spot), TB (which I think will be improved from last year), DEN, @IND, JAG (with the season and Del Rio's job on the line).

Fact or Fiction: The Panthers hire Bill Cowher in 2008.

RedskinRyan
08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
fiction: the panthers will rebound this season and keep jon fox. cowher will take more money elsewhere.

a rookie will start in the probowl this year

skinfanjon
08-07-2007, 03:21 PM
fiction: the panthers will rebound this season and keep jon fox. cowher will take more money elsewhere.

a rookie will start in the probowl this year

Fiction. The only one I would think could start in the Pro Bowl would be Patrick Willis, but its still unclear if he will even start from day one. Its a lot to ask for a guy to overcome his rookie status in a popularity contest. Offensive lineman are about name recognition, so that's out. Qb isn't a consideration. WR/CB take to long to adjust. That leaves Safety, RB, LB, and DE as possibles. I wouldn't trust any of the DE's to put up 10 plus sacks, and both conferences have perennial all-pros at safety and runningback. That leaves LB, and Willis is easily the best of the bunch, but I'll play the odds and say he comes up short of starting. He may earn a spot as a reserve, however.

Question: Carson Palmer will end the season with better stats (YDS, TD's, RAT) than Peyton Manning.

dj_stouty
08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Question: Carson Palmer will end the season with better stats (YDS, TD's, RAT) than Peyton Manning.

Fiction: This is Manning's world and Carson is only living in it. :D

Fact of Fiction: Zach Thomas will be top 5 in tackles in '07 making it 5-straight years in a row.

skinfanjon
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM

Fact of Fiction: Zach Thomas will be top 5 in tackles in '07 making it 5-straight years in a row.

Gotta go with fiction. He has to wear down sometime, right?

Question: Joey Galloway will play in at least 13 games and produce 1100 yards this season.

firehawk157
08-07-2007, 04:04 PM

Fact. Only been under 100 tackles once in his 11 year career and has shown no signs of slowing down. As a matter of fact, over the past three years, he's only gotten better statistically. Age will start catching up to him, just not that much this year.

Fact or Fiction: The Cowboys will finally win a playoff game, ending their 11-year drought.

Sweepea436
08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Fact. Only been under 100 tackles once in his 11 year career and has shown no signs of slowing down. As a matter of fact, over the past three years, he's only gotten better statistically. Age will start catching up to him, just not that much this year.

Fact or Fiction: The Cowboys will finally win a playoff game, ending their 11-year drought.

Fiction. I hate the Cowboys. Nuff said.:twak:

Brett Favre breaks all the records he's closing in on this season.