PDA

View Full Version : Scalping the News (8/13)

PennSkinsFan
08-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Link Here (http://www.hailredskins.com/?p=78)

redskin_rich
08-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Historically, Washington fans are known for their impatience, and they have every reason to be skeptical of Lloyd.

What? Huh? Us, impatient? Nahhh…LMAO!!!
This fan base turns on a whim in a shorter time than Britney spends in rehab.

Great stuff, PSF!

dj_stouty
08-13-2007, 09:43 AM
This fan base turns on a whim in a shorter time than Britney spends in rehab.

No we don't!

Anyway, I'd like to see Palmer as the starter this season. ;)

Dolla Bill
08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I also think that Suisham will be alright. It was the 1st game, but come the 4th game if he's still doinking the upright, then it will be a reason to call for his job.

Hr fan
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
The article on Lloyd was interesting. Yes, he has to show it on the field, but the biggest adjustment isn't in strength or agility, it needed to be in attitude. Hopefully this is what is changing. At his level of experience "potential" is a nasty word - "production" is the good word. Also thought Sartz showed well, especially considering his lack of practice.

shally
08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
thought i would tag this one on.. okay to move it if the mods wish to

in todays insiders canfora says it is likely the "experiment" on the left side of the o line will end shortly..

not sure just what this means, except we wont see the combination of heyer and wade for pitts and baltimore. what other options are there other than hastening the return of samuels ?

if wade gets moved out, who gets moved in ? if heyer gets put on the bench, who takes his place (as fabini is said to be having a poor camp)?

redskin_rich
08-13-2007, 10:24 AM

in todays insiders canfora says it is likely the "experiment" on the left side of the o line will end shortly..

not sure just what this means, except we wont see the combination of heyer and wade for pitts and baltimore. what other options are there other than hastening the return of samuels ?

if wade gets moved out, who gets moved in ? if heyer gets put on the bench, who takes his place (as fabini is said to be having a poor camp)?
I'd move Wade to LT while Samuels sits and try Tucker at LG.

shally
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I'd move Wade to LT while Samuels sits and try Tucker at LG.

that would make a lot of sense. i mentioned tucker on another thread. the guy has started inthe nfl.

also, what about lofutu at guard ? anyone notice how he played last weekend ?

Dolla Bill
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Likely to end due to if it continues, Campbell's season will come to an end. I think Wade is likely to see time at either Tackle position. I wonder if there's temptation to change Jansen.

shally
08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Likely to end due to if it continues, Campbell's season will come to an end. I think Wade is likely to see time at either Tackle position. I wonder if there's temptation to change Jansen.

problem is that no one is saying anything bad about jansen.. all about the left side of the line.
i dont think that the left side played worse than the right overall..

Moe
08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
problem is that no one is saying anything bad about jansen.. all about the left side of the line.

I gotta think that the right side gets the benefit of the doubt right now. I have to wonder how the coaches grade out Thomas, can't say I paid much attention to him specifically, but he hasn't seen a ton of action prior to the game and is likely still rounding into shape.

There are just so many questions on the left side, and I think the teaser that Wade might be a better fit at OT has to be needling the coaches. I imagine we'll see quite a few different lineups in the next couple of weeks.

frankez99
08-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I also think that Suisham will be alright. It was the 1st game, but come the 4th game if he's still doinking the upright, then it will be a reason to call for his job.

I agree Dolla....and the fact that he "doinked" it and didn't miss it 10 yards right or left is a good sign of sorts. It was 47 yards....a lot of "travel" can happen from contact to goal post.

Suisham will be o.k. (at least I hope....kicking has been a joke for us for the since Chip Lohmiller left).

I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't going to be short! That ball hit the goal post way up high.

Dolla Bill
08-13-2007, 10:56 AM

I wonder if we'll see more of Wade at LT, and then Pucillo at LG. Would be worth some time to see.

shally
08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I wonder if we'll see more of Wade at LT, and then Pucillo at LG. Would be worth some time to see.

maybe tucker also at LG ?

not to keep banging the same drum, but jansen looked terrible against whoever he was lined up against. he was walked back into the qb on several occaisions and looked weak. thomas gets a pass because he is still rounding into shape after surgery. but jansen ? he needs to be a strength of the line or we are seriosuly in trouble

CNYSkinFan
08-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I could care about the doink off the FG. That happens and it was a 47 yarder.

I care more about the kicks outof bounds, espescially when there was another against the Ravens and apparently there should have been a third oif not for a Ravens player catching it.

I still think it was a mistake to not at least bring in a leg for camp. It is possible Suisham's leg is tired and he is being overworked in practice.

RedskinRyan
08-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I could care about the doink off the FG. That happens and it was a 47 yarder.

I care more about the kicks outof bounds, espescially when there was another against the Ravens and apparently there should have been a third oif not for a Ravens player catching it.

I still think it was a mistake to not at least bring in a leg for camp. It is possible Suisham's leg is tired and he is being overworked in practice.

ughhh, do NOT want brett conway/john hall all over again. it is true that suisham should get another chance before being turned on by the fans.

dabro
08-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I first noticed #23o Marcus Mason in the scrimmage against Ravens, where he made some good runs. The guy shows great instinct, has good speed, and can cut. I'd like to see him play earlier in the game to see how he does against the 1st or 2nd strings.