PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Gonzalez resigns

CNYSkinFan
08-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales stepped down from his post, amid a political firestorm after Congressional Democrats accused him of perjury.
The embattled attorney general had withstood months of criticism from both sides of the aisle in Congress. Lawmakers blasted Gonzales after his department's bungled firing of at least eight U.S. attorneys last year, accused him of misusing terrorist surveillance programs and most recently, Democrats charged that Gonzales had repeatedly lied to Congress under oath.

Source (http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Politics/story?id=3421219&page=1)

Much like the fall of Rome we should not be surprised by that it happened but how long it took to happen.

CNYSkinFan
08-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Beware the successor. CNN is reporting Cherotff to be nominated to replace Fredo...I mean Alberto

http://www.cnn.com/

remaxjon
08-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Beware the successor. CNN is reporting Cherotff to be nominated to replace Fredo...I mean Alberto

http://www.cnn.com/

no chance

This admin is not going to want two hearings

akhhorus
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
no chance

This admin is not going to want two hearings

Chertoff wouldn't be a tough hearing as compared to most everyone else they would consider. Orrin Hatch is also a possibility.

CNYSkinFan
08-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Chertoff wouldn't be a tough hearing as compared to most everyone else they would consider. Orrin Hatch is also a possibility.
Hatch would be an easy hearing, no way the senators would go after one of their own.

akhhorus
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Hatch would be an easy hearing, no way the senators would go after one of their own.

Peter Fitzgerald would be the easiest and the best move on Bush's part, but he won't do it for going after Libby/Rove. Chertoff almost makes too much sense for them to do, so I'm going to guess its going to be someone out of nowhere.

And if I'm Gonzo, I don't go fishing or Hunting with Dick Cheney for a long time.

Ibleedburgundy
08-27-2007, 09:52 AM
That's too bad. 'His disgracefulness' was quite entertaining.

CNYSkinFan
08-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Peter Fitzgerald would be the easiest and the best move on Bush's part, but he won't do it for going after Libby/Rove. Chertoff almost makes too much sense for them to do, so I'm going to guess its going to be someone out of nowhere.

And if I'm Gonzo, I don't go fishing or Hunting with Dick Cheney for a long time.
Mike Brown is still looking for work............

remaxjon
08-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I love the timing

middle of the summer and National Mike Vick day.

CNYSkinFan
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I love the timing

middle of the summer and National Mike Vick day.
Gonzalez was one of the people Vick turned on.

Suddenly that lawsuit against vick for selling dogs to fund Iraqi terrorists seems saner.

shally
08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Mike Brown is still looking for work............

he would have to take too big a cut in salary

RedskinsDave
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Oops, false alarm. He thought he was signing his resignation but actually just inked the go-ahead to listen in on all conversations from the DNC.

lakewinola
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
I can't tell if he really is resigning or if he is just lying again.

CNYSkinFan
08-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Oops, false alarm. He thought he was signing his resignation but actually just inked the go-ahead to listen in on all conversations from the DNC.
Funny...and possibly true.