PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Stat for our offense

CarMike
10-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Zero TD's for any of our WR's through 6 games.

Amazing. I just happened to notice this checking out our stats.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/CarMike24/shocking2.jpg

CNYSkinFan
10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
you mean through 6 games?

Syllable
10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Zero TD's for any of our WR's through 4 games.

Amazing. I just happened to notice this checking out our stats.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/CarMike24/shocking2.jpg

I think it has more to do with our lack of Big plays than our red zone abilities. We usually get it done with sellers, cooley, or portis in the redzone.

smoak
10-21-2007, 08:49 PM
They been putrid and I find it MORONIC that the brains over at Redskins Park have the nerve to talk about ARE for the Pro Bowl. Granted he has been out most consistent player at the position, but do they even watch other games???? I swear Larry Michael and crew have gone from homers to just brain dead.

shally
10-21-2007, 08:52 PM
and it is not for lack of money spent onthe receivers..

Syllable
10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Small wide receivers also plays a role in that stat.

JasonCampbell
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Randle El has gotten it down to the 1 twice I think (Detriot and against someone else)...but yeah, pretty pitiful.

sinskin
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
You know its really escaped me thus far but after reading this thread it is quite amazing how bad and utterly invisable Moss has been this season... wtf i ask?

CarMike
10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
you mean through 6 games?
Yeah, 6 games. Glad you caught that...:rolleyes:

Redskin4Life
10-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Randle El has gotten it down to the 1 twice I think (Detriot and against someone else)...but yeah, pretty pitiful.
Pretty much 4 times...
Miami -- he got to the 3
Philly
NY Giants
Detroit

shally
10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
caldwell inactive again today.. tell me again why we signed him ?

Biggie
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM
caldwell inactive again today.. tell me again why we signed him ?
To waste space.

shally
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
To waste space.

it would seem so.. plus i dont recall a single pass being thrown to mccardell.. was he even in ?

RedskinRyan
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM

season opener vs miami, randle el caught campbell's bomb at end of regulation and took it to about the one.

sad performance overall by our receivers.

whistleandthumb
10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Which is why some of this is just bad luck. ARE gets inside the 3 four times, and doesn't score.

Moss has been injured, meaning that ARE is the #1 receiver, so he's going to get most of the double coverage, and that leaves... Thrash? McCardell? Not exactly huge threats.

Another game, Moss AND ARE were injured for most of it, so that left no receivers to catch TD passes.

It's upsetting, but luck is playing a big role in this, too.

shally
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Which is why some of this is just bad luck. ARE gets inside the 3 four times, and doesn't score.

Moss has been injured, meaning that ARE is the #1 receiver, so he's going to get most of the double coverage, and that leaves... Thrash? McCardell? Not exactly huge threats.

Another game, Moss AND ARE were injured for most of it, so that left no receivers to catch TD passes.

It's upsetting, but luck is playing a big role in this, too.

i will take a completion inside the 5 any day of the week.. the offense should be able to punch it in 100% from there

whistleandthumb
10-21-2007, 10:05 PM
i will take a completion inside the 5 any day of the week.. the offense should be able to punch it in 100% from there
Haven't they been?

shally
10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Haven't they been?

did i criticize the performance of the offense from inside the 5 ? i dont recall doing so..

we did fail against the giants, but that has been the exeption.. it is getting to the 5, or the redzone, that seems to be the problem..

redskin_rich
10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Have we had a 100 yard rusher, yet this year? That is far more disturbing to me than no WR TD's.

Biggie
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Have we had a 100 yard rusher, yet this year? That is far more disturbing to me than no WR TD's.
No.

skinsfan36
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM

nope i believe portis had 94 vs the eagles that was the closest. we need to draft a big reciever in the offseason!

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
nope i believe portis had 94 vs the eagles that was the closest. we need to draft a big reciever in the offseason!
98 against miami was the closest.....and mike, you're sooo yesterday. :D

:(. its pretty darn upsetting that we have a big play capable WR in moss and in randle el and neither has scored a big play TD yet. i know ARE has been close, but we need to see some bombs dropped on some secondaries.

whistleandthumb
10-21-2007, 10:49 PM
did i criticize the performance of the offense from inside the 5 ? i dont recall doing so..

we did fail against the giants, but that has been the exeption.. it is getting to the 5, or the redzone, that seems to be the problem..
I think you misunderstood my post - I apologize.

The point of the thread was trashing our offense for not having any TD's for the WR's, and the point you made was that as long as we get big WR plays to the red zone, and then score TD's from there... who cares, right?

So my post was basically just confirming that. We're arguing the same point, LOL.

colkurtz
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Well this is the bad news.

100% certainty we will dump B Lloyd as soon as the season is over.

Then I see the team looking for a big possession WR in the draft or FA. The late career contributions of Moss and TO have shown what a big "go to guy" can do to help the passing game. We need that for Campbell. Plus Espy will be back.

what i can't understand is why there are so many dropped balls this season. these have really hurt our offense and seem higher than what i see in other teams.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
10-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Well this is the bad news.

100% certainty we will dump B Lloyd as soon as the season is over.

Then I see the team looking for a big possession WR in the draft or FA. The late career contributions of Moss and TO have shown what a big "go to guy" can do to help the passing game. We need that for Campbell. Plus Espy will be back.

what i can't understand is why there are so many dropped balls this season. these have really hurt our offense and seem higher than what i see in other teams.
And another year when we have to start discussing the next offseason in October. Hopefully next year we won't :)

SpicyMcHaggis
10-22-2007, 02:04 AM
I was meaning to start a thread about this yeaterday, but completely forgot. I think this has to be some kind of record.
I don't know how we possibly could be getting less production from our wide receivers.

As for Caldwell, the obvious reason we got him is so that Vinny doesn't wouldn't have the most disturbing eyes on the team anymore.

give_portis_the_rock
10-22-2007, 02:09 AM
We need to give Lloyd a shot. He's a great blocker and he just know how to get open. People like to talk about his big drops last season, but even on those drops he got separation from the defenders.

Playcalling also is the problem. It's all dink and dunk, no shots down field.

CarMike
10-22-2007, 07:52 AM

I hope we go after Fitz myself.

CNYSkinFan
10-22-2007, 08:15 AM
They been putrid and I find it MORONIC that the brains over at Redskins Park have the nerve to talk about ARE for the Pro Bowl. Granted he has been out most consistent player at the position, but do they even watch other games???? I swear Larry Michael and crew have gone from homers to just brain dead.
well they could be both too.

skins74
10-22-2007, 08:37 AM
That is a horrible stat. Does it seem like we making scoring TDs harder than it should be?

Ibleedburgundy
10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe we should start using a 4 TE set.

Skins3
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I guess we could have used a WR in the offseason I was one of the Calvin Johnson guys
but we didnt need him
was hard to explain that a posession wr on 3rd down would keep the defense off the field and that would help the defense

colkurtz
10-22-2007, 04:24 PM
We are 26 in the NFL for passing yards. JC has the talent when he is allowed to use it. Yesterday i heard all about how JC was hurt and couldn't throw the long ball. Then, finally, in the last quarter he throws a perfect and beautiful pass to Thrash way downfield. Why so late? Why not more?

Meatsnack
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Deep throws require line protection which we didn't have much of yesterday or any day since Thomas went down. It is unpredictable when the protection will hold up and then you are counting on having a deep option on the play that is called. In the old days we had WRs capable of beating the coverage deep. With SM and ARE nursing leg injuries, not so much anymore. Frankly, we need to be trying about 2 of those a quarter and practice the *CBS* out of the long ball this week in practice. If we don't get some big *scoring* plays by the offense in Gillette, we may lose by 6 TDs.

colkurtz
10-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Deep throws require line protection which we didn't have much of yesterday or any day since Thomas went down. It is unpredictable when the protection will hold up and then you are counting on having a deep option on the play that is called. In the old days we had WRs capable of beating the coverage deep. With SM and ARE nursing leg injuries, not so much anymore. Frankly, we need to be trying about 2 of those a quarter and practice the *CBS* out of the long ball this week in practice. If we don't get some big *scoring* plays by the offense in Gillette, we may lose by 6 TDs.

I'm not saying we throw long ever series. However, as you say, you can do it 6-8 times a game. Why just once? This is why we are 26th in passing in the NFL with a really good QB.

Syllable
10-22-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm not saying we throw long ever series. However, as you say, you can do it 6-8 times a game. Why just once? This is why we are 26th in passing in the NFL with a really good QB.

Thats a bit excessive. One of the big let downs this season is Campbell.

X-Factor13
10-22-2007, 06:58 PM

I don't know about that, I would say he has done well enough for us to put some faith in him developing further, which is about all you can ask for a QB starting for his 1st year.

And I don't know why Moss is being so underproductive, it's like he plays with absolutely zero confidence now.

csquared
10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't know about that, I would say he has done well enough for us to put some faith in him developing further, which is about all you can ask for a QB starting for his 1st year.

And I don't know why Moss is being so underproductive, it's like he plays with absolutely zero confidence now.

But as Sylable said REALLY GOOD label for Campbell at this point is a bit excessive. He has been decent. Nothing special yet.

colkurtz
10-22-2007, 07:48 PM

He's essentially a rookie. It's not his fault that so many balls are being dropped.
When the WR catch the balls and he's allowed to make throws downfield the team has done well.

All i'm saying is to let Jason Campbell develop and see what he can do in a real Al Saunders offense. Then we'll know what we've got - whether just decent or very good. We're not scoring enough points to survive the teams we are about to play in this hybrid offense.

Lavar703
10-22-2007, 09:22 PM

You really believe hes been a let down? how so? dont just say hes been a let down with out anything to back it up.