PDA

View Full Version : This From Pro Football Weekly

dayumnuttinleft
09-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Word is that Adrian Murrell could be brought back into the fold in Dallas and is being told to continue getting into shape in case anything happens with the Cowboys' RB situation.
While all the hubbub in the Washington media was about how Redskins owner Daniel Snyder trumped coach Steve Spurrier by deciding to release Danny Wuerffel, the guy we hear players are upset about being cut is RB Kenny Watson, who some observers say played the most consistently among the team's backs this summer. Rookie Sultan McCullough was kept in Watson's place.

This is why I kind of find this one hard to swallow...

BigCountry
09-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Would have been a tough choice either way. Both would have been unpopular.

IowaSkinsFan
09-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by dayumnuttinleft
Word is that Adrian Murrell could be brought back into the fold in Dallas and is being told to continue getting into shape in case anything happens with the Cowboys' RB situation.
While all the hubbub in the Washington media was about how Redskins owner Daniel Snyder trumped coach Steve Spurrier by deciding to release Danny Wuerffel, the guy we hear players are upset about being cut is RB Kenny Watson, who some observers say played the most consistently among the team's backs this summer. Rookie Sultan McCullough was kept in Watson's place.

This is why I kind of find this one hard to swallow...

I'm not sure what you mean, your upset Watson was cut because Dallas has told Adrian Murrell to stay in shape?

dayumnuttinleft
09-10-2003, 07:16 AM
No Robert, that was included in the paragraph, we already know that there was some dissention between the owner and the coaches, but I had no idea that the players were mad or upset as well. We have the makings of a good team, just don't like the fact that the players are upset...

REDMAN
09-10-2003, 07:36 AM
I think the players will get over it.

PennSkinsFan
09-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Wander what it is abotu Watson that woudl have a team liek Dakllas bring in a back like Murrell and pass over Watson? Did we make a smart move?

IowaSkinsFan
09-10-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by PennSkinsFan
Wander what it is abotu Watson that woudl have a team liek Dakllas bring in a back like Murrell and pass over Watson? Did we make a smart move?

I think the results from Thursdays game bear that out!

hail2skins
09-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Isn't Murrell familiar with Tuna's system?

It scares me when the players are upset at a move. That could affect the team in a negative way.

jporterweb
09-10-2003, 08:52 AM

Murrell and the Tuna have history...

JoeDaSchmoe
09-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Wander what it is abotu Watson that woudl have a team liek Dakllas

Oh God, someone run and grab the Mark's typing scrapbook, this is definitely a keeper. :D

Chief Seeway
09-10-2003, 06:48 PM

Mark, you might consider putting down the dumb-bells BEFORE you type a response.

dj_stouty
09-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by robert11273
I think the results from Thursdays game bear that out!

I agree...after Thursday the Skins players are like:

"Kenny who?"

Seriously...its hard to be sad, when your 2 current running backs averaged around 4.4 yards per carry.

camasterton
09-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Maybe the answer is in reading into Watson's statement-"I thought I had done enough last year that I did'nt have to worry about being cut" That kind of shocked me when I read it. Him being an undrafted F.A. and all. On the same day I was reading what Ray Lewis does to prepare in the off season (he so crazy!) and it really made me wonder (or as Mark woudl say "wander") about Watson.

Redbeard
09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Watson played one year?? Part time?? In this day & age - how "upset" can anyone be??

I really think it's a case of 'making news' on a slow nfl day.