PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor Didn't Fear Death

cal_junior
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
For some reason this gave me a little bit of comfort in what has been a brutal few days. It comes from an interview with WTEM in September via the Washington Times:

---------

"You can't be scared of death," Taylor said. "When that times comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/2007/11/taylor_didnt_fear_death_david.html

akhhorus
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
They ran the audio of this on WTEM and my soul dropped out. Its was horrible.

skinfanjon
11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm stealing this for my sig.

Biggie
11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm listening to this on their website and I think I'm going to lose it.

jaylen
11-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah they showed that on tv earlier, and he seemed content with how his life turned out. He mentioned he lived a fulllife.

Him saying something as simple as God looked out for me brings tears to my eyes.

thickskin
11-27-2007, 03:46 PM
he had alot to live for, and i'm sure in the end he was fighting to stay with us. really, those comments don't comfort me much. abilities that could ultimately redefine your sport, a baby girl, a strong relationship, wealth: and then someone comes into your bedroom at night to shoot you, and you lie there, bleeding to death in your palatial home, knowing exactly how much you have to lose as you're losing it. i can't imagine it was anything less than a horrible death. it's uncomfortable to think about.

cal_junior
11-27-2007, 03:50 PM
really, those comments don't comfort me much.

It's all I've got at this point. Not sure what else could do it.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
11-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm stealing this for my sig.
Ditto. I think this is the only thing that has make me feel a little less worse in these days.

hessy36
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
For some reason this gave me a little bit of comfort in what has been a brutal few days. It comes from an interview with WTEM in September via the Washington Times:

---------

"You can't be scared of death," Taylor said. "When that times comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/2007/11/taylor_didnt_fear_death_david.html

He was a true Warrior.. I'm sure gonna miss him...:cry:

skinsfan36
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
man im gonna miss him but hes with the lord now

Lacquer Head
11-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Thank you for posting this. It's the only consolation I have right now.

SimplyZ
11-27-2007, 07:52 PM
As a fan it's weird how this has affected me.

But thats awesome.

I think i teared a bit

BigCountry
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
This explains why he was at home that night and didn't let the break in and the leaving the knife in the bed last week effect him. You have to admire that but at the same time, I wish it scared him.

Biggie
11-27-2007, 09:49 PM
This explains why he was at home that night and didn't let the break in and the leaving the knife in the bed last week effect him. You have to admire that but at the same time, I wish it scared him.
I wish he'd gotten the #@%$ out of Miami.