PDA

View Full Version : A Special Thanks to you guys at HR

Dolla Bill
11-30-2007, 12:16 PM
I know with everyone going through the ups and downs during the past 5-7 days, I just wanted to take time to thank each and every one of you guys that make this site great. Its been a very surreal past 48 hours, but in reading what everyone has contributed has made things a little bit better. Whether its the new guy who signed up, the mods, or the guys who have been here forever, everyone has contributed in making things a little easier for everyone else. For that, I wanted to say thank you.

I can put things into words, but for this, I can't. There's no measure of how much Taylor meant to a fan base, but with a sentence here and a sentence there, I can slowly put those words with how I feel. Once again, thank you.

Edit: Also, a special thank you to the fans from other teams' websites. Much love.

nicefellow31
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I know with everyone going through the ups and downs during the past 5-7 days, I just wanted to take time to thank each and every one of you guys that make this site great. Its been a very surreal past 48 hours, but in reading what everyone has contributed has made things a little bit better. Whether its the new guy who signed up, the mods, or the guys who have been here forever, everyone has contributed in making things a little easier for everyone else. For that, I wanted to say thank you.

I can put things into words, but for this, I can't. There's no measure of how much Taylor meant to a fan base, but with a sentence here and a sentence there, I can slowly put those words with how I feel. Once again, thank you.

Edit: Also, a special thank you to the fans from other teams' websites. Much love.

I will 2nd your post. I used this site as a catharsis and every day has been better. I first learned of the shooting when I went to the profootballtalk.com site around 0800 Monday morning. Not believing what I was reading, I came here for comformation, not CNN, not MSNBC, or FOX. I think we helped each other by writing and expressing ourselves. Thanks a lot.

sknz2856
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM

I agree totally. While I am not a frequent poster to the boards I do check in with hR multiple times per day, everyday. They are 2 reasons for this...Quality people and Valuable insight and information. These past few days have been tough to get through. Coming from a small town in NY, people around here don't understand my feelings for Sean and this organization, so there aren't many people to talk to about it. hR and the folks that make up the hR family provide that outlet. Even though I don't "speak" often using the message boards....the ability to read others thoughts gives me comfort in knowing I'm not alone here. Thanks again for everything you do.

smave
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Yes, good job Mods for keeping us updated with everything and always been a good source for information

PennSkinsFan
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
It is more like hR says thanks to all of you.

You know --- there are times we get heated and hot over arguments, there are times we get annoyed by this poster or that one, and there are times some of us get fed up and wanna just stay away for awhile, but an event like this, the monumental nature of Sean's death really brings back the flare and understanding why this community formed, why this community grew, and why this community thrives. It's about each individual member, its about this great franchise were obsessed with, its about our passion for the game, its about enjoyment to discuss the team, football, and many other topics, but it is really about sharing conversation.

All I can say is, I think, at least on my part, Sean Taylor's death was a bit easier to work through because I had tons of friends right here at hR to mourn and grieve along with, and that is what this community is all about! We all shared this tragedy and we are a better forum for it!

superskin
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Well said. When something happens to me personally, there are certain members of my family that I absolutely must converse with. When this story broke, my first inclination was to log on here. As always, glad I did.

I dont get to post here as often as I like, but I certainly consider all of you friends. Thanks for your lightening fast updates, soothing posts, and wonderful Taylor memories.

CarMike
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Very well said Dolla. You guys definitely made it "easier" to get through this mess. I'm still in shock about this whole ordeal. Sunday is going to be so emotional and there's no other fans I'd rather be with than my friends from hR.

I also want to second what you said about our new members from visiting forums. You guys have nothing short FANtastic.

NCskinsfanatic
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I think that while all of us grieve differently we were each allowed to share our feelings, discuss theories and in some cases even still talk about our teams football future as it pertained to Sean's passing. I for one am very grateful to have a place to share my feelings and bond with my fellow fans in this time of turmoil and have never been more proud of an online community as I am this one...HTTR and god bless you all.

WinnpegSkinsFan
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Many thanks to all the owners, mods & other posters here at HR. This has been a very sad past few days for me and believe me no one in Winnipeg would understand how I feel. I honestly shed tears every day and posting here has been of great help.

Skins7ny
11-30-2007, 03:15 PM

I would like to echo these sentiments. It is wonderful to have a place like this to read the comments of fellow Redskins fans, and to share our collective grief over Sean Taylor's death. My thanks to the owners and moderators of the site, and to my fellow Redskins fans. Let's hope and pray that we never have to use this board for something this tragic and sad ever again.

skinsfan36
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
much thanks to everyone,id like to second these comments