PDA

View Full Version : I just had a thought about that Pats

chrisbcbu
12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I had just remembered that this last draft, the Pats acquired the 49ers first round pick in the 08 draft. As of right now that pick is in the top 3 picks. And is likely to end up with the 2nd pick in the draft. Could you imagine if the Pats were able to get Darren Mcfadden??? That would be just unfair.

CNYSkinFan
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I had just remembered that this last draft, the Pats acquired the 49ers first round pick in the 08 draft. As of right now that pick is in the top 3 picks. And is likely to end up with the 2nd pick in the draft. Could you imagine if the Pats were able to get Darren Mcfadden??? That would be just unfair.
I would imagine tope defensive talent available...a good DE would turn their D around

fent
12-06-2007, 03:36 PM
they'll likely trade out of it...that's just what they do.

dj_stouty
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Didn't they lose that 1st rounder thanks to spygate?

shally
12-06-2007, 03:38 PM
they'll likely trade out of it...that's just what they do.

i think so.. recoup about 4 number 1's from some poor team.. all of them turning into top 10 picks... disgusting...

fent
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM

they lost THEIR first rounder which will be in the 31-32 range.

chrisbcbu
12-06-2007, 03:44 PM

They had 2 first rounders before spygate. They now only have 1. But they kept the SF #1 which will likely be the 2nd pick.

dj_stouty
12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
they lost THEIR first rounder which will be in the 31-32 range.

Sucks. The NFL should have penalized them for the highest of the two.

Just my biased 2 cents.

Lavar703
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I believe with the way Maroney has been running, which is not to well, they will pick McFadden. If anything else they will trade out of the spot and still get someone who is crazy talented. It seems like the better you are, the more good things happen for your team.

dj_stouty
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I believe with the way Maroney has been running, which is not to well, they will pick McFadden. If anything else they will trade out of the spot and still get someone who is crazy talented. It seems like the better you are, the more good things happen for your team.

If you are the Pats, why would you use a top 3 pick on a RB, when 80% of your offense is pass-related?

csquared
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM

I really think that since they havent needed an Rb that they just have been resting Maroney so that he is fresh for the playoffs.

chrisbcbu
12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I really think that since they havent needed an Rb that they just have been resting Maroney so that he is fresh for the playoffs.

I had completely forgotten where i read about this to make me start thinking about it. Which made me realize they did have SF pick this year.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/New+England/WWHI/2007/wwhi120507.htm
So much for the Patriots’ confidence in Laurence Maroney, which appeared to be growing just a month ago. Their confidence in him now appears to be waning, particularly in the mind of head coach Bill Belichick. While Maroney has been fairly effective when he is in the game, we hear that his limited opportunities are traced to Belichick’s belief that the second-year pro out of Minnesota lacks the heart and toughness to be a featured back. Kevin Faulk, believed to be just a third-down back throughout his career, has been getting more carries and touches at the expense of the more talented Maroney. With the weather getting colder and the elements affecting the passing game now more than they did earlier in the season, Belichick’s reluctance to lean on Maroney could be problematic for the offense. The interesting issue surrounds what the team does this April in the draft. With the 49ers looking miserable and there being a chance of New England getting a top-five pick — the Patriots own the Niners' first-round pick after a Draft Day trade in '07 — we hear the Patriots will be very tempted to grab Arkansas RB Darren McFadden, a player most believe will be the consensus top running back in the draft.

WarEagle
12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
If you are the Pats, why would you use a top 3 pick on a RB, when 80% of your offense is pass-related?

So the Cowboys don't get him?

chrisbcbu
12-07-2007, 04:10 PM
So the Cowboys don't get him?

With the way the Browns are playing they wont have a top 10 pick.

greatest2
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM
they trade out and get a number 1 the following year, plus probably a 2 or 3 this year. They really have no needs, and the needs they have (maybe corner, probably linebacker) there aren't anybody worthy of that high a pick.

BigCountry
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM

If I had to guess I'd say they're going to try and trade out of that spot and pick up Kenny Phillips. If they do not trade out of that spot, they'll pick the best player available.

skinsfan36
12-07-2007, 09:57 PM
they will trade down,unless noone will trade with them which could happen if they go undefeated