PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman endorses McCain

CNYSkinFan
12-17-2007, 07:58 AM
And this is why we Democrats hate Lieberman

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, trying to mount a comeback in his presidential bid, on Monday won the endorsement of independent Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, a former Democratic vice presidential nominee.

McCain and Lieberman appeared together on Fox News Channel and were expected later in the day at a campaign event in New Hampshire, where McCain hopes to pull off a repeat of his 2000 victory in the state's presidential primary on January 8.

source (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071217/pl_nm/usa_politics_lieberman_dc_3)

With Joementum on his side, how can he go wrong.

(and dont start with this "principled stance" crapola. Lieberman has been wrong on sooo many issues, Iraq and Iran chief amonng them. He was the worst choice for VP ever and he will soon become a political footnote)

RedskinsDave
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't blame any dem for hating him. I understand he might agree with some things on the other side of the aisle but have a some loyalty. I know I'd be pissed if a guy on my side pulled that.

CNYSkinFan
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't blame any dem for hating him. I understand he might agree with some things on the other side of the aisle but have a some loyalty. I know I'd be pissed if a guy on my side pulled that.
Exactly ...it is one thing to cross the aisle on some issues...

And if the Dems put someone up he could not stand, then i can even see him endorse a Repub in the general

But at this point you are telling me NOONE on the Dem side has earned your support?

If that is the case shut up and sit down then. This is ridiculous

On the other hand this might be the final nail in McCain's coffin

fent
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
this is all well and good, but will he speak at our convention?

CNYSkinFan
12-17-2007, 09:16 AM
this is all well and good, but will he speak at our convention?
McCain or lieberman :) ?

fent
12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
McCain or lieberman :) ?

at this point, either, though Zell's footsteps may be too hard to follow in.

CNYSkinFan
12-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah ....Crazy is always hard to follow

akhhorus
12-17-2007, 09:20 AM

If you could guarantee that Jimmney Cricket would threaten Chris Matthews to a duel in Minneapolis, I'm there.

Keino
12-17-2007, 09:29 AM

Well technically, he isn't a Dem anymore, since he left the party and ran as an Independent.

Personally, I think this endorsement will hurt his own 2012 re-election bid, though that is a good while away, I can't see his opponent no siezing upon this.

CNYSkinFan
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Well technically, he isn't a Dem anymore, since he left the party and ran as an Independent.

Personally, I think this endorsement will hurt his own 2012 re-election bid, though that is a good while away, I can't see his opponent no siezing upon this.
I think this is Lieberman's last run...and he is acting like it. The only reason he got in last time was because the GOP ran a horrible candidate and decided to throw him overboard in hopes of re-electing Lieberman. The Democratic electorate will not give him his seat back there and the GOP will put up a real candidate. Joe will be wondering whether that kiss from Bush was worth all of this

shally
12-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I think this is Lieberman's last run...and he is acting like it. The only reason he got in last time was because the GOP ran a horrible candidate and decided to throw him overboard in hopes of re-electing Lieberman. The Democratic electorate will not give him his seat back there and the GOP will put up a real candidate. Joe will be wondering whether that kiss from Bush was worth all of this

i think you are missing what this is about.. this is about israel, pure and simple.
i think lieberman doesnt trust the democrats to support israel as well as mccain would.. i think it is interesting that he chose mccain to support among all the candidates and to me it says what this is all about...

dj_stouty
12-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Lieberman endorses McCain? I wonder which one of the two made out the worst on that deal...

CNYSkinFan
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Lieberman endorses McCain? I wonder which one of the two made out the worst on that deal...
this is definitely a desperation tactic aimed at NH voters. If McCain loses there you can put the straight talk express on blocks, I dont care how much joementum you got (rememebr Joe came in tied for 3rd in NH in 2004, or as any normal person would call it, 6th place)