PDA

View Full Version : J. Peterson and J. Wilson families rooting for the Skins

chrisbcbu
01-03-2008, 10:55 AM
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2008/01/02/wednesday_s_practice_3
I spoke with Julian Peterson after practice because Peterson grew up in southeast DC, a big Redskins fan. He said he is a fan of them every other time they play, but obviously not this week. His family, however, said they want him to do well but are rooting for the Skins. Josh Wilson also grew up just outside DC, but he said he was a Detroit Lions fan because of Barry Sanders. He worked at FedEx Field as a teenager, selling concessions, and said his family too is rooting for Washington to win.

I found this on another board and thought this was pretty funny stuff!

IH Brave
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
This reminds me of an interesting story. Last year I was out with some friends having dinner at Longhorn's in Waldorf, MD. One of my friends was wearing a 49ers jersey (I believe Frank Gore). But anyways, a woman approached my friend after seeing his jersey and said she was Julian Peterson's mother. I thought that was pretty neat.

CNYSkinFan
01-03-2008, 11:30 AM
I think the only scenario that I could see myself rooting against the Redskins is if I sired an NFL player and they were playing the Skins. And it would have to be a playoff game and my son would have to be a starter, not a bench player. Even then i am not sure I could do it.

chrisbcbu
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I think the only scenario that I could see myself rooting against the Redskins is if I sired an NFL player and they were playing the Skins. And it would have to be a playoff game and my son would have to be a starter, not a bench player. Even then i am not sure I could do it.

If Julian Petersons family wont do it, then why should you. ;)

LadyNRedskinsfan
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
that is pretty funny, lol. BNG for life! haha....

greatest2
01-03-2008, 03:32 PM
that shows you the loyalty of redskin fans, it is these stories that need to be out there more, not about the stupid other ones we have heard.

Loyalty is something this franchise will never have to worry about...

NCskinsfanatic
01-03-2008, 03:49 PM

I already told my son, who's extremely athletic, that if he ever makes it to the NFL I'll cheer for him no matter what, well unless he plays for dallas or his team is playing our skins. And yeah I was serious about the whole Dallas thing and he said he completely understood...lol.

chrisbcbu
01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I already told my son, who's extremely athletic, that if he ever makes it to the NFL I'll cheer for him no matter what, well unless he plays for dallas or his team is playing our skins. And yeah I was serious about the whole Dallas thing and he said he completely understood...lol.

Just have him hold out and reenter the draft if dallas picks him! ;)

greatest2
01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Just have him hold out and reenter the draft if dallas picks him! ;)

seriously, i wonder what i would do if my kid was fortunate enough to be picked in the nfl draft. I have a feeling that people on this message board won't have to tell there kid "don't play, re-enter the draft." They will do it by themselves because i believe they will love the skins as much as all of us do. i feel like that kind of thing is hard to turn your back on...

skinsfan45
01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
seriously, i wonder what i would do if my kid was fortunate enough to be picked in the nfl draft. I have a feeling that people on this message board won't have to tell there kid "don't play, re-enter the draft." They will do it by themselves because i believe they will love the skins as much as all of us do. i feel like that kind of thing is hard to turn your back on...

spot on -- my boys would only want to be in B&G!! it sure would be nice to have access to those great seats too!!

skinsfan36
01-03-2008, 11:18 PM
thats awesome stuff

chrisbcbu
01-04-2008, 06:10 AM
spot on -- my boys would only want to be in B&G!! it sure would be nice to have access to those great seats too!!

My boy would want to be in B&G but if another team drafted him i wouldnt have any problem with him going to another team. Unless of course its the Cowboys, then we may have to have a talk!

LadyNRedskinsfan
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
you tell him to tank the combine and workouts so that he can go undrafted and ONLY sign with the skins, lol.