PDA

View Full Version : Cold Hard Memory of Taylor

hessy36
01-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Watching the boys load on that bus for Seattle just reminds me of Taylor loading that same bus in 2006 (2005 season) when we were playing Seattle, and I remember that look on his face after he got thrown out after the Tampa game.. the look like “I'm sorry, but I'm doing NOTHING to mess this up again”. I can't stop thinking about it.. watching him load on that bus like he had found his place, knew his home, and no more mess ups... And from then on that was our Sean Taylor - all football.

Sean, we understand what you wanted then, and we are doing it now! For you! We miss you and wish you were here to prove how much you loved this game and how devoted you were. WE believe. Go Skins!

hessy36
01-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Watching the boys load on that bus for Seattle just reminds me of Taylor loading that same bus in 2006 (2005 season) when we were playing Seattle, and I remember that look on his face after he got thrown out after the Tampa game.. the look like “I'm sorry, but I'm doing NOTHING to mess this up again”. I can't stop thinking about it.. watching him load on that bus like he had found his place, knew his home, and no more mess ups... And from then on that was our Sean Taylor - all football.

Sean, we understand what you wanted then, and we are doing it now! For you! We miss you and wish you were here to prove how much you loved this game and how devoted you were. WE believe. Go Skins!

Come on guys??? None of you remember his load on the Seattle bus in 06? Feel me! .. :)

IH Brave
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Thank you for sharing that. I'm fairly new here and really haven't expressed my emotions about Sean Taylor here. This really sucks for me. I still can't watch the Fed Ex tribute to him without crying. I never met Taylor or took pictures with him like some of you have, but I still feel a connection with him. I'm still trying to understand how is it that I'm so crushed by the death of someone I never met? But regardless, I miss the he11 out of him. At times I'm still in the shock and denial stage.

I keep recollecting that horrible moment in my head. I was on the computer and saw a headline on one of the website saying Sean Taylor was shot. That was when I found out about it. I then came to this site and saw a multiple page thread had been created. I felt bad at the time because I was so late in finding out what happened. I stayed tuned to Comcast Sportsnet to get an update.

I never realized the severity of his gunshot wound. Either that or I never accepted the reality that his life was in danger. Before I went to bed, Comcast had reported that Sean Taylor was responsive. I was confident he would pull through. I got up the next morning and as I was getting ready for work, I turned the TV back on to Comcast Sportsnet. They didn't have any new updates (this was around 5:45 am). So I figured he was still recovering. However 20 minuteds later while on my way to work, I heard on WKYS 93.9 that he had died. My first thought was, "No this must be some kind of mistake. He was responsive last night." Of course everyone knows the rest. Sean Taylor had passed away.

I'm devastated by his death. During this run to the playoffs, I can't help but think how much I wish Sean was here with the team. I know spiritually he's there, but it doesn't feel the same. I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post my thoughts. I needed to get this out to people who would understand. Nobody around me really do.

hessy36
01-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Thank you for sharing that. I'm fairly new here and really haven't expressed my emotions about Sean Taylor here. This really sucks for me. I still can't watch the Fed Ex tribute to him without crying. I never met Taylor or took pictures with him like some of you have, but I still feel a connection with him. I'm still trying to understand how is it that I'm so crushed by the death of someone I never met? But regardless, I miss the he11 out of him. At times I'm still in the shock and denial stage.

I keep recollecting that horrible moment in my head. I was on the computer and saw a headline on one of the website saying Sean Taylor was shot. That was when I found out about it. I then came to this site and saw a multiple page thread had been created. I felt bad at the time because I was so late in finding out what happened. I stayed tuned to Comcast Sportsnet to get an update.

I never realized the severity of his gunshot wound. Either that or I never accepted the reality that his life was in danger. Before I went to bed, Comcast had reported that Sean Taylor was responsive. I was confident he would pull through. I got up the next morning and as I was getting ready for work, I turned the TV back on to Comcast Sportsnet. They didn't have any new updates (this was around 5:45 am). So I figured he was still recovering. However 20 minuteds later while on my way to work, I heard on WKYS 93.9 that he had died. My first thought was, "No this must be some kind of mistake. He was responsive last night." Of course everyone knows the rest. Sean Taylor had passed away.

I'm devastated by his death. During this run to the playoffs, I can't help but think how much I wish Sean was here with the team. I know spiritually he's there, but it doesn't feel the same. I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post my thoughts. I needed to get this out to people who would understand. Nobody around me really do.

Great post. We never get enough of hearing the ST love, and we here totally understand. Thanks for loving him so much... HAIL!

skinsfan45
01-04-2008, 10:38 PM

everyone here understands how you feel because we feel the same, please feel free to share any of your thoughts about Sean (or anything for that matter) and if i haven't said welcome before now, i'm sorry i missed you --:welcome: