View Full Version : UPDATED: Spags out and Who Knows if Anyone Wants This Job

Pages : 1 [2] 3

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Here's hoping for Meeks, or Santa.

:beer:

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Dear god...please let Russ Grimm get on the plane in Phoenix...please...I beg you

Or please let the plain miss Phoenix and land on Jupiter...

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
So uh...is there ANYBODY that wants to coach this team (and has not worked the night shift at the local McDonalds for the last 2 years)?

I sent in my resume today. No joke.

smave
02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
please let the plane crash

and i hope Vinny is in the plane

i know these are harsh words, but i want someone else in office

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I sent in my resume today. No joke.
Awesome. *crossing fingers*

Hrabanmaur
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Shame...I hope that's what Danny feels at this point. Jenkins hit the nail on the head in her opinion piece. Everybody is running from the Skins head coaching job. I was really pulling for Spags.

Snyder should look around the league and realize that money can't buy everything. He's got to repair his image and the image of the franchise. Otherwise we'll fail to bring in coaching talent (and eventually player talent).

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I think its time we do a quick whip round, all put some money in, buy this franchise and start running the team.

ramseyfan1
02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Land on Jupiter and have Snyder on it.

ramseyfan1
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I am all in for that, GB did so why can't we, we have to do a better job than him

Biggie
02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I am all in for that, GB did so why can't we, we have to do a better job than him
Because we'd have to cough up somewhere around a billion dollars to buy the team?

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Et tu Spagnulus....et tu?

ramseyfan1
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM
i know, but we can dream, i have a bad feeling thats what are going to have to do for a while.......... i really hope i'm wrong though.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Because we'd have to cough up somewhere around a billion dollars to buy the team?
not only that (not to be ubertechnical) it is a private team, we would have to get people to selel the shares and Snyder would have to approve the sale....so yeah

he is our owner for the rest of our lives...

oh good good..I wonder if my office windows open or can i crash through

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
not only that (not to be ubertechnical) it is a private team, we would have to get people to selel the shares and Snyder would have to approve the sale....so yeah

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6002/husuckersc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 02:05 PM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6002/husuckersc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
with my luck I will be the second guy who hits the plexiglass

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Goodbye cruel world...

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM

Oh God, I never even dared to think he would be the owner that long.

Maybe I can persuade him to switch his interests to soccer. At least then he can buy the league.

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM
lol

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Maybe I can persuade him to switch his interests to soccer. At least then he can buy the league.

There was a rumor last Fall that he was interested in buying Tottenham. Didn't go through. Too bad, as maybe he would have gotten a bit sidetracked.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
the hard truth from jlc (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/)

Spagnuolo and Jim Mora both pulled out on the Redskins and went on to lucrative deals elsewhere. Gregg Williams was on the verge of pulling out several times with Joe Gibbs urging him not to, and got a good gig in Jacksonville. Al Saunders was snapped up by St. Louis as soon as he was cut loose. Bill Cowher and Pete Carroll didn't want the job under this front office structure at all.

Looks like a highly devalued position. Hard to spin it any other way.

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM

This is why I'm doing the bourbon/blonde/heroin slow death suicide plan. At least I have fun on the way to the great Charleston in the sky.

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
There was a rumor last Fall that he was interested in buying Tottenham. Didn't go through. Too bad, as maybe he would have gotten a bit sidetracked.

Yeah I heard about that and Snyder would be a welcome replacement for Glazer at Man Utd.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah I heard about that and Snyder would be a welcome replacement for Glazer at Man Utd.
man...that glazer guy must suuuuuuuuuuck

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 02:15 PM
the hard truth from jlc (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/)

That's about as sad a picture as you can possibly paint.

Especially 'cause it's true.

JRudy
02-07-2008, 02:15 PM
if that's true, i'm drinking REAL heavy tonight...and tomorrow...this was a crap-tastic almost birthday present...

At least ST didnt die on your b-day. :cry: These past couple months have been hell from a football perspective.

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I can't believe this is what my beloved franchise has become. Whoever is hired BETTER!!!!! turn this thing around.

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
man...that glazer guy must suuuuuuuuuuck

Don't really notice him. Don't think he has ever been to a game. Its all the debp that sucks. At least Snyder has more money.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
That's about as sad a picture as you can possibly paint.

Especially 'cause it's true.
yep...100 percent true

We are the Raiders...at least they still have a HC..maybe..who knows

Hrabanmaur
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
At least I have fun on the way to the great Charleston in the sky.

Wouldn't that be akhet? Besides, with all that bourbon your ka would be well preserved.

Skins57
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I am starting to get the feeling that whoever is hired, Danny will be looking for Cohwer after this season. I can see a bad season coming...maybe not but my gut is telling me this is going t get worse before better

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I am starting to get the feeling that whoever is hired, Danny will be looking for Cohwer after this season. I can see a bad season coming...maybe not but my gut is telling me this is going t get worse before better

Fassel will have at least 3 years before Danny pulls the plug on him.

He's walking into a team that has some talent in key areas, and a coaching staff largely of his choosing. He ought to be able to crank out a winning record the first year.

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Whatever happens with the head coach we still have a good group of players so I don't think its time to worry about the regular season just yet. At least until we start trading all our picks away:smash:

greatest2
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
welcome to DC Mr. fassel:(

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Fassel will have at least 3 years before Danny pulls the plug on him.

He's walking into a team that has some talent in key areas, and a coaching staff largely of his choosing. He ought to be able to crank out a winning record the first year.

I don't know if HR existed then, but it is a safe bet that when Marty was hired, there were folks who said the same thing then.

This may be the precursor to the new Danny, the same as the old Danny.

Keino
02-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Any reports about Redskin One being in the North Pole?

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't know if HR existed then, but it is a safe bet that when Marty was hired, there were folks who said the same thing then.

This may be the precursor to the new Danny, the same as the old Danny.

I don't think it is. I believe that Danny is taking a back seat to Vinny. (I just threw up a little in my mouth. Excuse me.) I think that Danny has learned a little from his past experiences. I think that he went through the dog and pony show of the Cerrato "promotion" in order to clarify the FO structure and put an end to any Head Coach throwing his weight around like Marty did. For now it seems to have run off a couple of candidates, but in the end I think it will render a more stable front office.

CarMike
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
While this kills me as a Redskins fan.

I can't help but sit back and LMAO at Snyder and Cerreto.

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
With Spags as HC, I was willing to give him the necessary time to re-structure this team into a winner. I wont' give Jim Fassel as much leeway. Jim better bring us results right away, or I want a new HC in '09. Not fair, I'm aware...

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Bodie stole Redskins One to fly back to West Balto from PG county.

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 02:41 PM

At least your Blue Devils won.;)

JasonCampbell

I really hope Snyder isn't thinking that because there is no chance Cowher is coming to DC with the way this organization is structured.

Brit'Skin

We would only be in tears if we didn't.

smoak
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I can't wait til you all are eating your words!! I predict that we're the next team to upset the undefeated Pats in the big dance, baby!! You'll see... You'll all see... Jeff Fass.. Foss... Fessil. Jim. Fossel. He is great. You'll all be... sooooorrrrr...yyyy.

(Yes, I am sharing in Akh's bourbon/blonde/heroin slow death suicide plan)

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I really hope Snyder isn't thinking that because there is no chance Cowher is coming to DC with the way this organization is structured.

I agree. From now on, I don't think Danny can simply strike checks and buy the biggest name on the coaching market. I have zero faith in Fassel, so I think we have to hope and pray Zorn turns out to be some sort of prodigy.

smoak
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM

What do Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Redskins Head Coach all have in common?

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I can't wait til you all are eating your words!! I predict that we're the next team to upset the undefeated Pats in the big dance, baby!! You'll see... You'll all see... Jeff Fass.. Foss... Fessil. Jim. Fossel. He is great. You'll all be... sooooorrrrr...yyyy.

(Yes, I am sharing in Akh's bourbon/blonde/heroin slow death suicide plan)

You know they have legal Absinthe now for sale in the USA.....not that I've bought any...certainly not drank any....definitely don't have a bottle waiting for me downtown...

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 02:50 PM
What do Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Redskins Head Coach all have in common?

They are all on hiatis for the next few months?

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Does Snyder own them all?

smoak
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
They are all on hiatis for the next few months?

None of them exist... (Sorry, not funny but still)

At least until we annouce Fassel and we party in the streets.

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM

My 2nd answer:

No one but kids believe in them?

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM

They bring me chocolates?

KidBroSweets
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Im mad.........seriously.........mad

I dont mind Fassel but I wanted Spags bad. This flat out sucks....

cal_junior
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I am starting to get the feeling that whoever is hired, Danny will be looking for Cohwer after this season.

The sad thing is that Cowher is way to smart to take the Skins job. With a different owner or a strong GM it's a great situation. With Cowher we'd have a shot at 10+ years of stability with our bad seasons beings 7-9 or 8-8.

As it stands we have Danny, who "wants to win so badly." Yeah, whatever.

AliBabba

you should

smoak

I'm still wondering why you have a Giants coach as your avatar??? ;)

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Bodie stole Redskins One to fly back to West Balto from PG county.
nice try akh ... Bodie's a soldier, he does what needs to be done. He'd hijack that plane and crash it right into the middle of the GD ocean, Synderrato included of course

cal_junior
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
It's old news now, but I can't get this paragraph out of my head. It's driving me crazy:

Sources close to Spagnuolo told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that one of the major factors in his decision to pull out was that he wants to be able to hire his own staff rather than join a team with the coaching staff already in place.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ChiefPowhatan17
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
So, I guess I can still hope for Russ....

No one wants this job because of Dan.

smoak
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
They bring me chocolates?

Santa Claus gives you diarrhea???

smoak
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
My 2nd answer:

No one but kids believe in them?

LMAO!!! That is closer to what I was thinking given that whoever DS hires will simply be a puppet.

Ahhhh.... You know, I think I am going to try and fit my head into my KitchenAid sausage grinder attachment.

dj_stouty
It's old news now, but I can't get this paragraph out of my head. It's driving me crazy:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Yup...and the majority of the fanbase was screaming about this as it happened. You DONT hire assistants and coordinators BEFORE you hire a head coach. And now it has backfired.

Only someone desperate would take a HC and not bring their own talent along with them. The same desperate person who didn't mind partially running Billicks' playbook last year, to boot.

bergiemoore
Santa Claus gives you diarrhea???

No, not Hersey Squirts, ....

Well, come to think of it....

Brit'Skin
02-07-2008, 03:07 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I had not seen that yet.

I'm now going to go sit in the corner of a dark room with a bottle of vodka and cry.

syphy
02-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I wasn't fully on the Spags bandwagon but was warming to him fast. I still have a small hope that it's Mooch especially with no Spags.

What really concerns me is that 3 guys flat out refused the job. I find it quite alarming in fact. Is the idea of coming here that repulsive to prospective coaches? I keep hearing people saying that yea, it's a head coaching job BUT an intrusive owner, 28 million over the cap, preselected coaching staff combine tomake it very unattractive no matter how much money Snyder puts out.

*Nfl Live just said that Snyder's plane is in Arizona picking up Fassel :mad:

dj_stouty
If Jim ends up our coach, he will have to stand on his head to get my respect. From now on, I'm going to act like the child who says to his stepfather; "You aren't my real Dad!"

"Jim, You aren't my real head coach!"

cal_junior
Only someone desperate would take a HC and not bring their own talent along with them.

http://www.nfljapan.co.jp/season/image/upload/1018JimFassel.jpg

bergiemoore
So, I guess I can still hope for Russ....

No one wants this job because of Dan.

Nope. There no hope for Grimm. The Skins haven't even asked Arizona to speak with him.

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

http://www.michaelbarrier.com/Commentary/Chicken_Little/Chicken_Little.jpg

lol

cal_junior
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.michaelbarrier.com/Commentary/Chicken_Little/Chicken_Little.jpg

lol

Actually the sky fell several weeks ago, lol. I just wonder what team is left underneath.

smoak
02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
(I'm sitting in the corner rocking back and forth)

Art Monk is in the Hall of Fame.

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.eschatologytoday.net/images/horsemen.jpg

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
If Jim ends up our coach, he will have to stand on his head to get my respect. From now on, I'm going to act like the child who says to his stepfather; "You aren't my real Dad!"

"Jim, You aren't my real head coach!"

LMAO. This post cannot go unappreciated.

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I wasn't fully on the Spags bandwagon but was warming to him fast. I still have a small hope that it's Mooch especially with no Spags.

What really concerns me is that 3 guys flat out refused the job. I find it quite alarming in fact. Is the idea of coming here that repulsive to prospective coaches? I keep hearing people saying that yea, it's a head coaching job BUT an intrusive owner, 28 million over the cap, preselected coaching staff combine tomake it very unattractive no matter how much money Snyder puts out.

*Nfl Live just said that Snyder's plane is in Arizona picking up Fassel :mad:

Dude, as upset as I am about this whole thing, not a single person has been offered the job yet, so it would be impossible for them to "flat out refuse". 2 of the guys used Snyder's reputation to garner more money and promises from their current employers.

Also, I don't think your cap numbers are right.

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
LMAO. This post cannot go unappreciated.

Classic

syphy
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Dude, as upset as I am about this whole thing, not a single person has been offered the job yet, so it would be impossible for them to "flat out refuse". 2 of the guys used Snyder's reputation to garner more money and promises from their current employers.

Also, I don't think your cap numbers are right.

I don't know what the exact numbers are. I heard 28 and over 20.

3 guys interviewing for the job and coming out and saying no thanks I don't want to be considered sure sounds like a flat out refusal to me, offer or no.

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't know what the exact numbers are. I heard 28 and over 20.

3 guys interviewing for the job and coming out and saying no thanks I don't want to be considered sure sounds like a flat out refusal to me, offer or no.
I have heard $17M and that number doesn't include the recent restructuring of Carter and others

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I have heard $17M and that number doesn't include the recent restructuring of Carter and others

No one knows it except the NFL, but its hyperbole. We convert Cooley's RB and void Brunell(which is expected because of his restructure last year) and we've cut a majority of whatever we're over.

cal_junior
02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Dude, as upset as I am about this whole thing, not a single person has been offered the job yet, so it would be impossible for them to "flat out refuse".

Yeah, okay. Keep telling yourself that. If Spags had any interest in coaching the Redskins he would be our new coach right now. Danny tried to talk him into it for 10 hours and the guy said, essentially, "no thanks."
Whether there was technically an offer on the table is just that, a technicality. It's a way for the Skins to save some face in a situation where the hottest coordinator in football turned down millions of dollars a year to remain an assistant somewhere else.

Skins57
02-07-2008, 03:41 PM
With Spags as HC, I was willing to give him the necessary time to re-structure this team into a winner. I wont' give Jim Fassel as much leeway. Jim better bring us results right away, or I want a new HC in '09. Not fair, I'm aware...

agreed. Fassel should have everything in place to continue what Joe started, as unfair as it might be, I think he has to win this year or go away

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 03:41 PM
No one knows it except the NFL, but its hyperbole. We convert Cooley's RB and void Brunell(which is expected because of his restructure last year) and we've cut a majority of whatever we're over.
I bet Fassel knows ... he knows everything

MPCSkins
02-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Well, I feel like I better prepare myself for another subpar season. Snyder is killing me, and it sucks to think that young upcomers are actually turning down head coaching jobs from us.

VegasSkinsFan
02-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Spags interview probably went like this : Dan " so how would you run this team " Spags : " cut philip daniels, draft dline/oline... Dan: " ZZZZZZ....oh I'm sorry, email me when you get back to NY "

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I bet Fassel knows ... he knows everything

Fassel isn't chuck norris.

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Spags interview probably went like this : Dan " so how would you run this team " Spags : " cut philip daniels, draft dline/oline... Dan: " ZZZZZZ....oh I'm sorry, email me when you get back to NY "
Entish really must be slow language if it took him a day and half to get that out

shally
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM

which is why the really smart hire now would be meeks...

question: what is the difference between ron meeks and spanuolo ?

answer: 1 year. an additional year as DC. a less outgoing personality

hire meeks. it is the smart thing to do right now

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Fassel isn't chuck norris.
no pic, you kidding me?

http://images.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/movie_tv/images/chucknorrisfacts_20070830110946.jpg

Skins57
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
It's a way for the Skins to save some face in a situation where the hottest coordinator in football turned down millions of dollars a year to remain an assistant somewhere else.

I am sure Spags was offered the job but it is not unheard of for a someone to turn down huge money to stay where they are...JAson GArrett comes to mind but Iam sure if Spags wanted the job he would have had it. Just hire Fassel or Meeks as they are the only 2 left standing

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
which is why the really smart hire now would be meeks...

answer: 1 year. an additional year as DC. a less outgoing personality

hire meeks. it is the smart thing to do right now
so many reasons why thats not gonna happen:

A) They are already in Phoenix doing unspeakable acts with that .... *cbs*
B) Your last line says it all

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah, okay. Keep telling yourself that. If Spags had any interest in coaching the Redskins he would be our new coach right now. Danny tried to talk him into it for 10 hours and the guy said, essentially, "no thanks."
Whether there was technically an offer on the table is just that, a technicality. It's a way for the Skins to save some face in a situation where the hottest coordinator in football turned down millions of dollars a year to remain an assistant somewhere else.

Well, you can hang yourself over it if you want to, but I couldn't care less. If you really think that Danny's interviews are just sessions of him sitting with candidates trying to convince them to take the job, then you've been drinking too much of the Sally Jenkins Kool-Aid.

The facts is seven candidates interviewed for the position. The shortest interview was Mooch, but all reports. Hell, Williams got 3-4 interviews over the course of an entire weekend.

Danny let Spags go home without an offer. That ought to tell you something. If he had really wanted him, he would have made an offer, rather than sending him home and allowing time for the Giants to dangle an extension and enough money to make what Williams was making while he was here look like chicken feed.

dj_stouty
02-07-2008, 03:57 PM

Not a whole lot...which is why I wouldn't mind seeing Meeks here. I'm even on board for JDS's idea of having Zorn as HC. Hell, promote the water boy. Anyone but Jim.

Meatsnack
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Or,j ust like Snyder said, he was interviewing Spagnuolo to finish the process they had written out in the beginning. Spagnuolo didn't blow him away in the interview and we go our separate ways. I find that at least as likely as Spagnuolo walking away from a HC job. As long as there are coaches willing to coach in Arizona, New Orleans, and Cincinnati, we are fine on the desirability front.

According to reports, none of the candidates has really stood out from the others prior to Spagnuolo. If true, why would such a junior guy in the NFL be expected to ace his first HC interview?

cal_junior
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
If you really think that Danny's interviews are just sessions of him sitting with candidates trying to convince them to take the job, then you've been drinking too much of the Sally Jenkins Kool-Aid.

No, I think Danny's interview with Spags was like that. His other interviews were different. No way he's waiting this long to interview a guy he doesn't really want for the job, especially after the Super Bowl

DS: "What kind of an offer could I make that you would accept?"

Spags: "None, I want to bring in some of my own assistants."

DS: "Well you can't do that."

Spags: "Bye-bye."

So you're right, Danny probably didn't make him an offer.

shally
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
No, I think Danny's interview with Spags was like that. His other interviews were different. No way he's waiting this long to interview a guy he doesn't really want for the job, especially after the Super Bowl

Spags: "None, I want to bring in some of me own assistants."

i think that snyder WANTED to interview spags from the get go..that doesnt translate into offering him a job after the interview..if snyder didnt make him an offer and if no one blew him away during the process he really needs to take a deep breath, ignore the hyenas of the press and find the right guy..

if fassel wasnt right 2 weeks ago, he isnt right now.

expand the search if needed, but dont settle...

take another long look at ron meeks...

hogs86
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I can see it now. Dan is flying back from AZ Dan Snyder is working on his speach for Jim Fassel for his press conference at redskins park.

Jimmy Fassel was the only coach we offerd the job to. Jim is who we wanted all along.

Sorry this took a month but we got the man who will lead this organization to a super bowl in the near future.

And i bet the house that he has Joe Gibbs to endorse the hiring of fassel.

Then there will be 7 hours of stupid questions from reporters asking why in the heck did we hire Fassel. God please help.

cal_junior
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
if fassel wasnt right 2 weeks ago, he isnt right now.

expand the search if needed, but dont settle...

take another long look at ron meeks...

I could not agree more. I'd rather take a chance on a guy like Meeks, who at least has to potential to be great, than go for a guy like Fassel who'll be adequate at best.

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Spags: "None, I want to bring in some of my own assistants."

According to interviews with Snyder, Spagnuolo is one of the guys they decided to interview in the beginning of the process. He didn't expect the Giants to go all the way, though. You can listen here (http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media/Pod/wwxx/podcasting/BRAM-SNYDER-02-06-08.mp3).
His interview is something that Snyder felt was important. It doesn't mean he was going to offer him the job.

I have no love for Fossil. He's at the bottom of my list because of the way he lost his team in the last year of his tenure in NY.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 04:38 PM
if I was a reporter here would be my questions at the eventual Fossel press conference

1.) How did it feel that Snyder passed on you for Mora, Spags, Carrol, & Cowher and you really only got hired because noone else will take the job.

2.) If this didn't work out was there any truth you would be a contestant in the next edition of Flavor of Love?

AliBabba
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
if I was a reporter here would be my questions at the eventual Fossel press conference

1.) How did it feel that Snyder passed on you for Mora, Spags, Carrol, & Cowher and you really only got hired because noone else will take the job.

2.) If this didn't work out was there any truth you would be a contestant in the next edition of Flavor of Love?
so gross, but I needed to laugh

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM

3) How desperate for a job were you that you accepted even after reading the "Spags out and Danny is in Arizona to get Fassel" thread? At least 15 people are on suicide watch over there and you still took the job?

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 04:46 PM
my new favorite thread at Xtremeskins....too bad it got closed

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237320&page=1&pp=15

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
3) How desperate for a job were you that you accepted even after reading the "Spags out and Danny is in Arizona to get Fassel" thread? At least 15 people are on suicide watch over there and you still took the job?

rotflmao

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM

4-So, how does it feel being the 4th or 5th choice Jim?

5-Who's your replacement going to be in 2010?

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
This may be too geeky for some of you but I think Dan Snyder is like the Cardassian interrogator who tortured Jean luc Picard into seeing 5 lights instead of 4.

He wants the fanbase to accept Fassel and is willing to put us all through hell until we are begging him to sign him

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM

6.) are you buying or renting?

7.) Do you realize the housing market makes iut hard to flip houses nowadays?

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
6.) are you buying or renting?

7.) Do you realize the housing market makes iut hard to flip houses nowadays?

8-C'mon, admit it, this is just a big reality show, right?

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
You know guys, I just had a terrifying thought....what if Fassel turns us down? I know it won't happen, but what if he does? We could literally have NO options left!

Snyderrato for HC!! LMAO!!!

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 04:53 PM
You know guys, I just had a terrifying thought....what if Fassel turns us down? I know it won't happen, but what if he does? We could literally have NO options left!

Meeks? Schott? Spags again?

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM

seriously that might be awesome in that I got a 450 on my SAT awesome sort of way!!!!

BostonSkins
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm not high on Fassel either but it could be way worse:
Art Shell
Denny Green
Brian Billick
Mike Tice
Player/Coach Brandon Lloyd (The term "player" being used in the loosest sense possible)

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
seriously that might be awesome in that I got a 450 on my SAT awesome sort of way!!!!

LOL..yeah.."Hey, I got ALL the questions wrong, including my name! WOOHOO!!"

esmith1790
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
":)SMILE you are on Candid Camera":)

openallnight
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM

I seriously doubt fossil would take the job at this point. He's been strung along like a dog for the past several weeks. If he has any backbone at all he'd tell cds to go to hell.

coffdogg
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
please let the plane crash

and i hope Vinny is in the plane

i know these are harsh words, but i want someone else in officeSnyder would just find another lap dog.Everybody is hatin on Cerrato but the fact is he is doing what he can to keep a job and i am sure a good paying job at that.Plain and simple this is Snyders team and he makes ALL the decisions,so to me until he sells the team(never happen)passes away (not until I do)or wises up and takes his head out of Jerry Jones behind we will me stuck in the middle of hades

coffdogg
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I really hope Snyder isn't thinking that because there is no chance Cowher is coming to DC with the way this organization is structured.Agreed he would want control and Danny isn't going to give it up.Snyder wants a figure head coach just like Jones

SpicyMcHaggis
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
So, when can we realistically expect a definitive "go" or "no go" for Fassel? Tomorrow? Today? August?

WRSK1NS
02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Whoever we finally end up with, I am going to support them, like them or not. They are going to need all the support they can get.....

coffdogg
02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.eschatologytoday.net/images/horsemen.jpg

That was my Fantasy team pic!!!

shally
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM

c'mon, the guy is running a subway sandwich shop right now... he will take it no matter how much snyder drags him through the mud....

coffdogg
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
This may be too geeky for some of you but I think Dan Snyder is like the Cardassian interrogator who tortured Jean luc Picard into seeing 5 lights instead of 4.

He wants the fanbase to accept Fassel and is willing to put us all through hell until we are begging him to sign himyou r right too geeky

skinsfan36
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
i think we have to look at meeks now people on es may burn down snyders house if we hire fassel

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
So, when can we realistically expect a definitive "go" or "no go" for Fassel? Tomorrow? Today? August?

You know its bad when the skins start trading away high picks to give Vanny Snyderatto more time to choose a coach.

smoak
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I looked to the Bible for help on what Snyder should do and this is the best I could find:

He had been hired to intimidate me so that I would commit a sin by doing this, and then they would give me a bad name to discredit me.

smoak
02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh this seals it... We're getting Tom Cruise.

Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother Israelite or an alien living in one of your towns.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 06:17 PM
why do we even need a hc really. We got a dc a hc and a special teams coach

just let Danny tell them when to punt, kick, challenge, and go for it on 4th down from his suite

seriously that is all the HC will ever do apparently

hogs86
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
This comes via EXTREMESKINS.com take it for what it is worth.

Fassel is on his way to Dulles NOW!

Quote:
Aircraft ID BLOCKED
Aircraft Type XXXX
Owner/Operator

Flight Plan Received 2008-02-07 16:46:01 from Albuquerque
Departure SDL SCOTTSDALE, SCOTTSDALE AZ
Destination IAD WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL, WASHINGTON DC
Status In Flight
Planned Alt 41000 Feet
Planned Speed 450 kts.
Planned Dep 2008-02-07 19:45
Actual Dep 2008-02-07 20:15
Planned Arrival 2008-02-07 23:14
Estimated Arrival 2008-02-07 23:44
Actual Arrival
Latest Speed 509 kts.
Latest Altitude 41000 Feet
Distance to Dest.
Last Update 2008-02-07 20:48
Route SDL.SCOT5.ABQ..TCC.J78.IIU.J8.HVQ.ROYIL1.IAD/0329
Tracking ID 111487578

Note to JLC and other reporters--these times are GMT (UTC). The plane should be landing with Fassel just about now. Hurry, maybe you can get an exclusive interview while he's at the airport!

shally
02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
This comes via EXTREMESKINS.com take it for what it is worth.

Fassel is on his way to Dulles NOW!

Quote:
Aircraft ID BLOCKED
Aircraft Type XXXX
Owner/Operator

Flight Plan Received 2008-02-07 16:46:01 from Albuquerque
Departure SDL SCOTTSDALE, SCOTTSDALE AZ
Destination IAD WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL, WASHINGTON DC
Status In Flight
Planned Alt 41000 Feet
Planned Speed 450 kts.
Planned Dep 2008-02-07 19:45
Actual Dep 2008-02-07 20:15
Planned Arrival 2008-02-07 23:14
Estimated Arrival 2008-02-07 23:44
Actual Arrival
Latest Speed 509 kts.
Latest Altitude 41000 Feet
Distance to Dest.
Last Update 2008-02-07 20:48
Route SDL.SCOT5.ABQ..TCC.J78.IIU.J8.HVQ.ROYIL1.IAD/0329
Tracking ID 111487578

Note to JLC and other reporters--these times are GMT (UTC). The plane should be landing with Fassel just about now. Hurry, maybe you can get an exclusive interview while he's at the airport!

welcome to the jungle, Jim.....

hogs86
02-07-2008, 06:21 PM

I say midnight. :sun:

hogs86
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I also got this from PFT. Again take it for what it is worth. ( IMO i think the plane just landed at Dulles with Fassel this may get fun tonite.)

POSTED 6:46 p.m. EST, February 7, 2008

SNYDER PLANE RUMORS REFUTED

In response to reports that one of Daniel Snyder's private planes is en route to Arizona, presumably to retrieve Jim Fassel, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that it isn't true.

So it is, or is isn't. That should cover us.

Stay tuned.

Biggie
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Why couldn't Bob Kraft have bought us instead of the Pats?

hogs86
02-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Why couldn't Bob Kraft have bought us instead of the Pats?

Dan Snyder is the best owner in sports today for one reason: He gives his team a chance to win every year by his willingness to spend money. Now how much fun would it be just talking about football.:sun:

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Dan Snyder is the best owner in sports today for one reason: He gives his team a chance to win every year by his willingness to spend money. Now how much fun would it be just talking about football.:sun:
please tell me you are kidding.....please....reallly

whistleandthumb
02-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Supposedly, NFL Network is reporting that sources close to Fassell (agent?) say that the Redskins have NOT contacted Fassell.

This seems to be in line with the PFT report.

shally
02-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Supposedly, NFL Network is reporting that sources close to Fassell (agent?) say that the Redskins have NOT contacted Fassell.

fine with me

hire meeks and salvage this debacle

smoak
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the NEXT head coach of the Washington Redskins:

http://www.ishkur.com/suckysites/spaceraverz/grimlock.jpg

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM

wtf is going on!!! seriously....We are not the Raiders....we are not that competent

smoak
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Or maybe it is these two guys (man I am a nerd):

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/f/f6/Brothers_Grimm_(Grimes)_Head.jpg/440px-Brothers_Grimm_(Grimes)_Head.jpg

smoak
02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
wtf is going on!!! seriously....We are not the Raiders....we are not that competent

Have faith... Our next coach is someone familiar:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a9/Grimace.jpg

smoak
02-07-2008, 07:03 PM
One more... Geez, I'm hitting you over the head people:

http://www.jrj-socrates.com/Cartoon%20Pics/Cartoon%20Network/Grim/Grim_Reaper_300.gif

bigcmr
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM

This is getting out of hand. Just hire Fassel and get this soap opera over with.

The longer this goes on the media will make this bigger and bigger. Its starting to seem like Snyder loves this kind of media attention. This might be worse than the Raiders.

oldskinfan
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
fine with me hire meeks and salvage this debacle

I agree w/ Shally and he's been banging this drum for a while. Here's some more Meeks vs. Spags for 2007 season.

Points per Game: 16.4 (#1) vs. 21.9 Winner - Meeks (lowest in NFL)
Yards per Game: 279.7 (#3) vs. 305 (#7) Winner - Meeks
Sacks: 22 (tied #2) vs. 15 (#22) Winner - Meeks
Forced Fumbles: 19 vs. 14 Winner - Meeks
Sacks: vs. 28 vs. 52 winner - Spags (note Meeks lost 2 D-Line starters)

If you were willing to support Spags, you should be willing to consider Meeks. Also, both worked under defensive-minded head coaches, so it was not as Spags or Meeks did it all on their own. Snyder would erase a lot of ill will by giving a deserving brother a chance.

Finally, and Shally has said this many time, the Colts D had a similar run last year as the Giants this year. Maligned much of the year (for rush D), they somehow kicked in another gear in the playoffs and held the Bears to 265 yards offense in the Superbowl.

Maybe there's a better candidate than Meeks out there, but the argument that Spags was obviously better does not hold water.

InsomniaKiller
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
This is getting out of hand. Just hire Fassel and get this soap opera over with.

The longer this goes on the media will make this bigger and bigger. Its starting to seem like Snyder loves this kind of media attention. This might be worse than the Raiders.

If hiring Fassel is the way to end this quickly, I'm fine w/ Dan taking his sweet, sweet time.

MadDog97
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
fine with me

hire meeks and salvage this debacle

It looks like Spags listened to Sally and ran, literally, back to NY. I think Meeks may have a shot because Fassell may be fed up with the process. Still, this would be an opportunity Fassell can not turn away from.

This whole process is a joke. I thank the Raiders because they are the only ones in the League who look more silly.

smoak
02-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I agree w/ Shally and he's been banging this drum for a while. Here's some more Meeks vs. Spags for 2007 season.

If you were willing to support Spags, you should be willing to consider Meeks. Also, both worked under defensive-minded head coaches, so it was not as Spags or Meeks did it all on their own. Snyder would erase a lot of ill will by giving a deserving brother a chance.

Finally, and Shally has said this many time, the Colts D had a similar run last year as the Giants this year. Maligned much of the year (for rush D), they somehow kicked in another gear in the playoffs and held the Bears to 265 yards offense in the Superbowl.

Maybe there's a better candidate than Meeks out there, but the argument that Spags was obviously better does not hold water.

Wow, I think the Redskins had more sacks than that!!!?? :D

I like meeks a lot, but I never took him that seriously b/c despite the second interview, I didn't feel the Skins were taking him seriously.

Skins7ny
02-07-2008, 07:56 PM

I seriously doubt fossil would take the job at this point. He's been strung along like a dog for the past several weeks. If he has any backbone at all he'd tell cds to go to hell.

I agree w/ Shally and he's been banging this drum for a while. Here's some more Meeks vs. Spags for 2007 season....

You raise good points. I want to like Meeks, but my concern with him is that he really has had bad defenses until the end of the regular season 2006. Since then, his defenses have been excellent. And Bill Polian hasn't given him much help, spending most of the Colts cap $$ on the offensive side of the ball. My other big problem with Meeks is that he made his bones with the Tampa-2 defense, which I don't want us to run. If he gets the job, I won't complain and I will of course support him 100%, but he had some pretty lousy defenses until the end of 2006.

I think it is going to be Fassel.

TrueOracle
02-07-2008, 07:57 PM

I'm trying to understand why in the H-E-double hockey sticks Meeks wouldn't be hired. What the heck is the love fest about Fassel. I'm sick of all the re-tread hiring!!! We're going to be right back to our present position in 3 years - Fassel out, another re-tread hire.

Obviously I wanna see Meeks have the job. Later for Mooch and Fossil Fuel.

Skins7ny
02-07-2008, 08:01 PM

in 2009.
He doesn't and he won't. My only hope is that he discovers his backbone after he signs his contract. He will take the job because he is out of head coaching options. Kind of bizarre if you ask me...after all, the guy did take his team to a Super Bowl. I am not a big fan, but it's not like he is a stiff.
I agree w/ Shally and he's been banging this drum for a while. Here's some more Meeks vs. Spags for 2007 season....

You raise good points. I want to like Meeks, but my concern with him is that he really has had bad defenses until the end of the regular season 2006. Since then, his defenses have been excellent. And Bill Polian hasn't given him much help, spending most of the Colts cap $$ on the offensive side of the ball. My other big problem with Meeks is that he made his bones with the Tampa-2 defense, which I don't want us to run. If he gets the job, I won't complain and I will of course support him 100%, but he had some pretty lousy defenses until the end of 2006.

I think it is going to be Fassel.

swheeler
02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Just in response to the "what if everyone turns us down" comments, we could always promote either coordinator, right? That might not be great, but it wouldn't be so bad...

WarEagle
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Just in response to the "what if everyone turns us down" comments, we could always promote either coordinator, right? That might not be great, but it wouldn't be so bad...

I think there's a Just Promote Zorn thread around here somewhere. This idea came to me, too, earlier today. Everybody likes Zorn.

Keino
02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm trying to understand why in the H-E-double hockey sticks Meeks wouldn't be hired. What the heck is the love fest about Fassel. I'm sick of all the re-tread hiring!!! We're going to be right back to our present position in 3 years - Fassel out, another re-tread hire.

Obviously I wanna see Meeks have the job. Later for Mooch and Fossil Fuel.

Seriously. The thought of Fossil fuel gives me gas. The idea of Mooch as our head coach makes my butt itch.

As Shally said, hire Meeks and salvage this debacle.

CNYSkinFan
02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Seriously. The thought of Fossil fuel gives me gas. The idea of Mooch as our head coach makes my butt itch.

As Shally said, hire Meeks and salvage this debacle.
I like Meeks the more i look at him, but there is no salvaging this abortion of a front office

InsomniaKiller
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd take Meeks over Fassel no matter what, but if he brings that Tampa 2 defense I will not be thrilled.

shally
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, I think the Redskins had more sacks than that!!!?? :D

I like meeks a lot, but I never took him that seriously b/c despite the second interview, I didn't feel the Skins were taking him seriously.

maybe they should take him seriously.. tony dungy doesnt collect any garbage
and i think a calming influence from the head coach would be just fine

i read somewhere back that meeks was unbelievably prepared for his interview with detailed comments on every single roster player. he has a redskin pedigree and has earned a shot at being a HC.

plus, if snyder were to pick meeks it would immediately silence all his critics
and the end result of this tumultuous process would look really good.

Skins7ny
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I think there's a Just Promote Zorn thread around here somewhere. This idea came to me, too, earlier today. Everybody likes Zorn.
I would promote Blache before I promoted Zorn. Blache has paid his dues in the league, is aggressive, and would have the support of all the players, I suspect. Zorn is an outsider who has proven nothing to this organization, promoting him over Blache would be a mistake.

i read somewhere back that meeks was unbelievably prepared for his interview with detailed comments on every single roster player. he has a redskin pedigree and has earned a shot at being a HC.

I would be content to give Meeks a shot, but you cannot ignore Fassel's familiarity with and excellent record in the NFC East, and the fact he has experience as a head coach. For all the bias against retread coaches, most of the head coaches in the playoffs were "retreads", so there is something to be said for coaches on their second go-round. They presumably learn something from their first head coaching gigs and don't repeat the mistakes they made earlier. There is something to be said for that.

esmith1790
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Cant 'Deep Blue' be reprogrammed from chess moves to football moves? I am sure that some software guy can input all the plays and have the computer play the proper percentages and know what tendencies the other teams have at certain downs and distances. Why not?

KidBroSweets
02-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I mean seriously.......what is there left to say?

Im speechless....lets just hire Fassel...and move on.

THIS TEAM IS GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!

Lavar703
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh brother, will this ever end. This is really getting kinda embarassing, Danny and Vinny running this team is like the blind leading the blind. Nobody wants this job because of the two-headed monster you have to deal with, I really had hoped Dan learned something from Gibbs but unfortunately I was wrong. I thought they made the right choice letting Saunders and Williams go but good god I never thought we would be getting turned down by assistand coaches, this is bad. Fassel is a good stop-gap I guess but Snyder will eventually fall in love with the next big shot coach that becomes available and fire Jim. I hate to say this but we should have kept Marty ball in the district. I dont even know anymore guys, this is ugly.

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I like Meeks the more i look at him, but there is no salvaging this abortion of a front office

Don't do it to yourself. You're only going to be disappointed in the morning.

akhhorus
02-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I looked to the Bible for help on what Snyder should do and this is the best I could find:

Proverbs 8:17?

Deuteronomy 23:1?

Proverbs 13:16?

Proverbs 23:9?

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Here is a sick thought about the state of our franchise. Reports seem to be that Snyder did not go out to Arizona for Fassel and maybe hasn't moved at all since Spags left.

Any chance they spent today monitoring the message boards to get the pulse of the fans before plotting their next move?

Spags left late last night (1:00 am) so that means they didn't do anything today.

bergiemoore
02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Here is a sick thought about the state of our franchise. Reports seem to be that Snyder did not go out to Arizona for Fassel and maybe hasn't moved at all since Spags left.

Any chance they spent today monitoring the message boards to get the pulse of the fans before plotting their next move?

Spags left late last night (1:00 am) so that means they didn't do anything today.

Perhaps they took time to reflect on the remaining candidates? Suppose they took a day to consider the future of the franchise?

(Probably just played Assassin's Creed for a couple of hours and ordered take-out.)

SkinsfaninNJ
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Perhaps they took time to reflect on the remaining candidates? Suppose they took a day to consider the future of the franchise?

(Probably just played Assassin's Creed for a couple of hours and ordered take-out.)

LOL. I thought that's what Vinny does while Snyder conducts the interviews.

firehawk157
02-07-2008, 11:19 PM

For the benefit of the board...

PV8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me

DT 23:1 - He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off [emphasis mine], shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

It's wierd that is where your mind went there Akh!

PV13:16 - Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly

PV23:9 - Speak not in the ears of a fool; for he will despise the wisdom of thy words

(all quotes in NJK, for those who care)

firehawk157
02-07-2008, 11:20 PM

Hold your freakin' tongue! You can't possibly consider that time wasted!

hogs86
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
It has been 30 days and we do not have a coach. And i am clueless and tired of this search. Dan you have won i give up.......... Please let us know who in the world is the next coach. By the way if anyone knows where this plane is let us know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dadssportsroom/redskins1.jpg

colkurtz
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Snyder thinks he was being "thorough" in his mega-long interviews but just looks wierd and unusual in the football world. He thinks that by doing everything secretly, he can control it more - but the absence of information just feeds the rumor machines - making his methods look wierd and unusual in the football world.

Hiring the DC and OC before the HC is hired is highly unusual in football history.

finally Snyder has Tom Cruise as a friend.

I have no idea if Danny will make a good choice except by plain luck.

firehawk157
02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Then again, I bet the WCO looked wierd in the football world, and so did the forward pass. Belicheck's arrogance and impersonality looks wierd too. Denver's habit of drafting/signing smaller, faster linemen looked pretty bizarre at first too. If it works, I'll be all on board. I'm willing to give him this chance because, presumably, Gibbs taught him a lot.

skinsfan36
02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
It has been 30 days and we do not have a coach. And i am clueless and tired of this search. Dan you have won i give up.......... Please let us know who in the world is the next coach. By the way if anyone knows where this plane is let us know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dadssportsroom/redskins1.jpg

aparently it was in portland for a while? not sure whos there other then maybe oregons coach

hogs86
02-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Snyder thinks he was being "thorough" in his mega-long interviews but just looks wierd and unusual in the football world. He thinks that by doing everything secretly, he can control it more - but the absence of information just feeds the rumor machines - making his methods look wierd and unusual in the football world.

Hiring the DC and OC before the HC is hired is highly unusual in football history.

Four years ago Dan Snyder absolutley surprised every redskins fan with the hire of Gibbs. I just refuse to think Fassel is the guy. IMO Dan can do much better. I pray he will hire the best person for the job.

skinsfan36
02-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Four years ago Dan Snyder absolutley surprised every redskins fan with the hire of Gibbs. I just refuse to think Fassel is the guy. IMO Dan can do much better. I pray he will hire the best person for the job.

all we can do is pray

WarEagle
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM

I think that if a wing commander in the air force had this track record, he'd be fired. I wonder if getting so wealthy at such a young age damaged him at all. Snyder is going to be a fascinating case study in a sports management class one day.

WarEagle
02-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Maybe he does have something up his sleeve. I can't think of anyone on a "big surprise" level. Would be nice.

shally
02-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I think that if a wing commander in the air force had this track record, he'd be fired. I wonder if getting so wealthy at such a young age damaged him at all. Snyder is going to be a fascinating case study in a sports management class one day.

one truly wonders where he is going with this search... if the rumors are correct, he has not offered the job to anyone !

this looks like a case of paralysis via analysis.. maybe he has an underlying plan that he is sticking to, but it is sure hard to see anything coherent going on

you be sure to let us fans know when you reach a decision, mr snyder......

shally
02-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe he does have something up his sleeve. I can't think of anyone on a "big surprise" level. Would be nice.

i know...

he is creating such a complete clusterf*** that joe gibbs is going to feel sorry and partially responsible and is going to come back for one more year to save the franchise... yes... that HAS to be it...

bergiemoore
02-08-2008, 12:20 AM
one truly wonders where he is going with this search... if the rumors are correct, he has not offered the job to anyone !

this looks like a case of paralysis via analysis.. maybe he has an underlying plan that he is sticking to, but it is sure hard to see anything coherent going on

It has been 24 hours since the last interview. I expect that we'll hear his decision in the morning/afternoon.

I wouldn't classify this as paralysis via analysis until Sunday.

I'm honestly happy that the search hasn't landed on Fassel yet. I'm hopeful that either Meeks or Mooch get the nod, in that order.

colkurtz
02-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I expect Snyder was pretty disappointed to have been strung along by Spags, then took a pay raise with the Giants vs. a HC job with the 'skins at double or triple the money.

Schwartz, Mora and Spags have declined the redskins HC position.

If he hires Fassel he knows he will face the full scorn of the fans and media. Plus, he has strung Fassel along for 2 weeks. He's almost the last resort for Snyder.

To think if Snyder had just hired a GM like many said to do, we'd have been out of this 2 weeks ago.

joethefan
02-08-2008, 01:03 AM
just hire meeks and get on with it

firehawk157
02-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Schwartz and Mora I don't think declined, but were rather told that they would be looking elsewhere so made the appropriate statements. I know I remember Schwartz saying he didn't think he had the job and I'm pretty sure Mora only declined after we told him he wasn't going to get it, otherwise why wait until after we contact him? Spags just wanted more money I think.

joethefan
02-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Schwartz and Mora I don't think declined, but were rather told that they would be looking elsewhere so made the appropriate statements. I know I remember Schwartz saying he didn't think he had the job and I'm pretty sure Mora only declined after we told him he wasn't going to get it, otherwise why wait until after we contact him? Spags just wanted more money I think.

yea he pimped danny's ride...LOL

WarEagle
02-08-2008, 02:00 AM

Well, I thought Dan was brilliant to wait and see how Spags coached in the SB. Dan got that part right...but he didn't close the deal with the guy! That was step 2.

frankez99
02-08-2008, 04:21 AM
Maybe we are doing something so revolutionary.....so crazy....

we are going to be the first team in NFL history to go through the season without a head coach!

Sigh....

Hire somebody already....the draft starts in 2 months.

Hail from Afghanistan.

joethefan
02-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Maybe we are doing something so revolutionary.....so crazy....

we are going to be the first team in NFL history to go through the season without a head coach!

Sigh....

Hire somebody already....the draft starts in 2 months.

Hail from Afghanistan.

hey man keep your head up over there...it'll get better here.

smoak
02-08-2008, 05:04 AM

Much more appropriate than my scripture... Obviously my time away from the good book has weakened me.

WRSK1NS
02-08-2008, 05:14 AM
I wonder if "DIET PEPSI MACHINE" is availible to be our next coach??

joethefan
02-08-2008, 05:31 AM
maybe he can get old Denny Green....."SNYDER IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS"

skins111111
02-08-2008, 06:12 AM
M E E K S

MadDog97
02-08-2008, 06:16 AM
i know...

he is creating such a complete clusterf*** that joe gibbs is going to feel sorry and partially responsible and is going to come back for one more year to save the franchise... yes... that HAS to be it...

Vinnie and Danny are simply incompetent fools when it comes to pro football. I say Gibbs will have the last laugh because his record should exceed what the Skins will do in the near future. He beat out all of Snyder's other coaches.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Everytime I wake up and we don't have a choice...a part of me dies. This morning I am afraid I have no feeling in my left pinky toe

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 06:27 AM

agree with just about everything in this post but that. He's not coming outta this smelling like roses but Meeks would go over much better than "he who shall not be named"

WarEagle
02-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Meeks has been with the Colts for 6 seasons. I'm surprised other teams have overlooked him. This scares me, actually.

CarMike
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
At least your Blue Devils won.;)

BLASPHAMY!

hokieskin
02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
So in the abscence of any one outstanding candidate, is it maybe OK to be taking some time on this. sure sooner would be better, but there is not even a consensus on this board. Spags, Fossill, etc have all had pros and cons debated, but really has anyone been excited about any of them. Carroll and Cowher - never in the picture. The BS about front office eliminating those 2 structure comes from the same people who criticize teams that let their coaches have total control. Grimm is the only one I can't figure out why we haven't contacted....or have we?

Butzhead
02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Screw Synderrato!!!!!!!! He will never get a dime of my hard earned $money$ if this JACKA$$ is the Skins next head coach!!!!!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/templates/zoom.pbs&Site=WT&Date=20080208&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=979365510&Ref=AR&Profile=1005

coffdogg
02-08-2008, 08:04 AM
I expect Snyder was pretty disappointed to have been strung along by Spags, then took a pay raise with the Giants vs. a HC job with the 'skins at double or triple the money.

Schwartz, Mora and Spags have declined the redskins HC position.

If he hires Fassel he knows he will face the full scorn of the fans and media. Plus, he has strung Fassel along for 2 weeks. He's almost the last resort for Snyder.

To think if Snyder had just hired a GM like many said to do, we'd have been out of this 2 weeks ago.I don't believe Schwartz was ever a viable candidate, so to say he declined the HC position is a joke.He was interviewed and thats it.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 08:04 AM
So in the abscence of any one outstanding candidate, is it maybe OK to be taking some time on this. sure sooner would be better, but there is not even a consensus on this board. Spags, Fossill, etc have all had pros and cons debated, but really has anyone been excited about any of them. Carroll and Cowher - never in the picture. The BS about front office eliminating those 2 structure comes from the same people who criticize teams that let their coaches have total control. Grimm is the only one I can't figure out why we haven't contacted....or have we?

The problem is it is february. Time to **cbs** or get off the pot. Every day we wait, is another day we can not sign our own free ageants, do restructures, and get read for free agency and the draft. Hard choices are going to have to be made personel wise and the you need a HC input to do it.

For example two obvious choices are on the horizon, Springs and Jansen. Both make too much to really keep on without a restructure. However both play positions of great need for us. Both have injury issues, but both when healthy have performed at pro-bowl or near pro-bowl levels. The choices to are keep them at their current salary (and hurt going after depth in other areas, restructure them (if they are receptive), or cut them (and take the cap hits and find new players at the position). These are not easy choices and a HC will be able to determine whether they need Springs for one more year because of roger's injury or whether they can rely on Heyer to replace Jansen.

keep wiating and we have....gulp.....Vinnie making those choices. God help us all.

coffdogg
02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
The problem is it is february. Time to **cbs** or get off the pot. Every day we wait, is another day we can not sign our own free ageants, do restructures, and get read for free agency and the draft. Hard choices are going to have to be made personel wise and the you need a HC input to do it.

For example two obvious choices are on the horizon, Springs and Jansen. Both make too much to really keep on without a restructure. However both play positions of great need for us. Both have injury issues, but both when healthy have performed at pro-bowl or near pro-bowl levels. The choices to are keep them at their current salary (and hurt going after depth in other areas, restructure them (if they are receptive), or cut them (and take the cap hits and find new players at the position). These are not easy choices and a HC will be able to determine whether they need Springs for one more year because of roger's injury or whether they can rely on Heyer to replace Jansen.

keep wiating and we have....gulp.....Vinnie making those choices. God help us all.Not having a HC is not going to stop the train from rolling.Snyder and Vinny will make the final decision and the HC will live with it.Remember J Gibbs isn't here,so they will just tell the coach you play with what we give u.

smave
02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
any updates?

Farmer Ted
02-08-2008, 08:18 AM

Does George Seifert live in Arizona? Is he still alive? That's the only surprise I can think of.

Unless we get Ditka. :barf:

akhhorus
02-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Much more appropriate than my scripture... Obviously my time away from the good book has weakened me.

I havent picked one up in awhile, since you know, my hands burn when I pick one up lol.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Not having a HC is not going to stop the train from rolling.Snyder and Vinny will make the final decision and the HC will live with it.Remember J Gibbs isn't here,so they will just tell the coach you play with what we give u.
Championship!!!!!!

WarEagle
02-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Does George Seifert live in Arizona? Is he still alive? That's the only surprise I can think of.

Unless we get Ditka. :barf:

I think Bobby Bowden is available.

New Redskins motto:

"This flight is not available for tracking per request from owner/operator."

NCskinsfanatic
02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Lets just go with a cardboard cut out of JG and get it over with...Danny and Vinny run the show anyway. Not sure if our "coach" would be available in poor weather conditions but guess we could laminate him....

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Championship!!!!!!
thats what all signs point to right now

bergiemoore
02-08-2008, 08:26 AM

The next head coach will not have anything near the amount of input in personnel decisions that Gibbs and Spurrier had. Snyderrato has begun negotiations with a couple of players already (Carter and Thomas), and is reportedly close to a deal.

keep wiating and we have....gulp.....Vinnie making those choices. God help us all.

Like it or not, Vinny is making those decisions whether Fassel, Meeks or Mooch is the next head coach. Sorry, but that's the way it's shaping up.

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Lets just go with a cardboard cut out of JG and get it over with...Danny and Vinny run the show anyway. Not sure if our "coach" would be available in poor weather conditions but guess we could laminate him....
claymation Lombardi

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I still Say Danny should stop pretending and be an innovator with the first Robot HC

http://english.people.com.cn/200607/26/images/robot3.jpg

Lets face it, they are taking over and we might as well get ahead of the curve. Danny can then sit in the suite and communicate via telepathic implants crucial decisions.

And if things go real bad he can switch it to human killing mode and have itkill random bystandeers as a distraction.

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
This is nothing but speculation but what the hell else have we got right now?

So, was Snyder waiting for the first week in February not only because it marks the end of the NFL season but it also marks the start of open season on college coaches?

The one NCAA coach in which Snyder has demonstrated an interest is Pete Carroll of USC. Carroll also demonstrated an interested in the job. They met a few weeks ago in St. Louis and at the time the time both sides “decided not to pursue” the possibility, according to the AP story.

LINK (http://redskinsgames.com/blog2/2008/02/08/a-college-coach/)

I and I expect most others would rather have Meeks than Carroll, and I don't even think its a possibility, not any more so than a robot, cardboard, or claymation coach

SkinsfaninNJ
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
This is nothing but speculation but what the hell else have we got right now?

LINK (http://redskinsgames.com/blog2/2008/02/08/a-college-coach/)

I and I expect most others would rather have Meeks than Carroll, and I don't even think its a possibility, not any more so than a robot, cardboard, or claymation coach

No Pete Carroll or any other college coaches. That would be far worse than Fossel or Mooch.

fent
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
can we just all send in our resumes and coach by committee?? paper rock scissors to decide whether we go for it on 4th down?

akhhorus
02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
can we just all send in our resumes and coach by committee?? paper rock scissors to decide whether we go for it on 4th down?

I think the bourbon will cause our playcalling to suffer by 4th quarter lol

bergiemoore
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the bourbon will cause our playcalling to suffer by 4th quarter lol

That's when we just "Ask Madden".

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I still Say Danny should stop pretending and be an innovator with the first Robot HC

http://english.people.com.cn/200607/26/images/robot3.jpg

Lets face it, they are taking over and we might as well get ahead of the curve. Danny can then sit in the suite and communicate via telepathic implants crucial decisions.

And if things go real bad he can switch it to human killing mode and have itkill random bystandeers as a distraction.

But will they be programmed with Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics? I mean how can one coach football with that Pesky "A robot shall not harm a human through action or inaction" First law when football is all about harming your opponent.

(I'll see your geekiness re: jean Luc Piccard and raise you Isaac Asimov, the Godfather of the sci-fi genre)

akhhorus
That's when we just "Ask Madden".

"The Redskins take another timeout, Co-Head Coach Fent has spilled the offensive playbook"

dj_stouty
Aircraft ID Redskins One
Aircraft Type As big as it takes for the small owner to feel powerful; Think Boeing 777.
Owner/Operator "The Dan"
Pilot: "The Vin"
Stewardess: Larry Michaels

Departure: Jim's House
Destination: Danny's Guest House containing no copies of the WaPo
Planned '08 Wins: 16
Actual '08 Wins: 4
Planned Arrival: 30 Days ago
Estimated Arrival: Sometime Next Week
Actual Arrival: No one cares
Contents of Plane: One wooden toilet seat and 5 "yes men".
Latest Speed: Slower than a 4.2 wide receiver
Latest Altitude: 4'11"

Fixed in Bold.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Knowing this board Akh will have a long discussion about why paper actually is inferior then Rock because some Roman Emperor did something, Spence will try to blame Joe Gibbs for not making the decision, I will be too busy trying to talk the ref into voting for Hillary, Keino will be picking up the cheerleaders, Smoak will be picking up their poms poms, and Spicy will be asleep in Rome...meanwhile we will get so many delay of game calls we will get a safety.

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Knowing this board Akh will have a long discussion about why paper actually is inferior then Rock because some Roman Emperor did something, Spence will try to blame Joe Gibbs for not making the decision, I will be too busy trying to talk the ref into voting for Hillary, Keino will be picking up the cheerleaders, Smoak will be picking up their poms poms, and Spicy will be asleep in Rome...meanwhile we will get so many delay of game calls we will get a safety.

Im sorry, but I fail to see the problem here.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:14 AM
But will they be programmed with Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics? I mean how can one coach football with that Pesky "A robot shall not harm a human through action or inaction" First law when football is all about harming your opponent.

(I'll see your geekiness re: jean Luc Piccard and raise you Isaac Asimov, the Godfather of the sci-fi genre)
Unless Klaatu programmed it

http://www.suebob.net/stood.jpg

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Is that from "The Day the Earth Stood Still"?

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
but of course...

And btw they are remaking that movie with Keanu reeves as Klaatu....and even that will be better then watching this redskin coaching search

dj_stouty
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM

I'm not a geek, yet even I know the answer is yes.

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
but of course...

And btw they are remaking that movie with Keanu reeves as Klaatu....and even that will be better then watching this redskin coaching search

I don't see how if Reeves is being asked to act?

DJ trust me, if you knew that was from that movie, you are a geek. Embrace it, live it, Love it.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't see how if Reeves is being asked to act?

DJ trust me, if you knew that was from that movie, you are a geek. Embrace it, live it, Love it.
I rather watch Reeves asked to act like an alien then Snyder act like an NFL owner

Yeah DJ...your a geek

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I rather watch Reeves asked to act like an alien then Snyder act like an NFL owner

Snyder is far more entertaining........

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
we will revisit this when he appoints Vinny God_Emperor and assumes coaching duties due to divine right

fent
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
"The Redskins take another timeout, Co-Head Coach Fent has spilled the offensive playbook"

maybe we shouldn't draw up our plays on an etch-a-sketch next week...

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
maybe we shouldn't draw up our plays on an etch-a-sketch next week...
no post or corner routes in that game plane would be a problem

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM

I just want to re-iterate, I have NO problems with this at all. In fact, if Danny can make it happen, he will be the best owner in the league...bar-none.

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:30 AM
no post or corner routes in that game plane would be a problem

They would exist, the routes would just be a bit more loopy....

Battle Cat
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah but Snyder is more of an over actor than Keanu Reeves.

Keino
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah but Snyder is more of an over actor than Keanu Reeves.

Cmon. Nobody over-acts more than Reeves, except Jim Carrey, but he does it for comedic effect. Reeves is serious.......

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Fassel, Meeks and Mariucci have heard nothing as of this morning. No one called last night to inform them of their status, so they wait. Last I heard Snyder, Cerrato and minority owners were huddled talking things over late last night.

Lot of huddling these last four weeks. Wonder when they'll actually snap the ball?

LINK (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/02/all_quiet_on_coaching_frontfun.html)

Rest is about the Salary Cap:

But the endless pursuit of coaching greatness can not deter the Redskins from what they do best - play around with the salary cap. Oh, it's a magical quest really, getting down from $20 million over the cap. Converting high base salaries into new bonuses, adding years to contracts and then spreading that joy over multiple seasons.

Sexy, huh?

Anyway, for those interested in the minutia, the Redskins have reworked the contracts of 3 players thus far- Randy Thomas, Andre Carter and Antwaan Randle El, with at least a half dozen more to come. According to a source with knowledge of the situation, here's the breakdown:

Randy Thomas went from a cap figure of 8.0 million to 4.1
Andre Carter went from 4.9 to 2.8 (the team guaranteed his June 1 roster bonus of $2.4 million as part of the deal)
ARE went from 4.1 to 2.7

So the Redskins saved 7.6 mil in cap space with these moves. They're top 51 (salaries) for 2008 now stands at $132 million, $16 million over the cap, "by far the most in the NFL," according to my guy.

Now, again, don't panic. They'll trim $9 million on Chris Cooley alone and will easily end up with room to chase other free agents. They'll keep guaranteeing salary and pushing things back and extending contracts. But, I ask, as a practice, how much success - Ws and Ls, we're talking - has this strategy brought with it?

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 09:44 AM
LINK (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/02/all_quiet_on_coaching_frontfun.html)

didnt know about El's contract being reworked ... whoo hoo forget about the HC

dj_stouty
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah DJ...your a geek

TDTEST is a classic movie in general...not just for the geeks.

BTW - I can't be a geek. I'd rather watch Stomp the Yard or Fast and the Furious over any Star Trek episode or movie.

fent
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
They would exist, the routes would just be a bit more loopy....

so more along the lines of a spurrier system?

fent
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM

BTW - I can't be a geek. I'd rather watch Stomp the Yard or Fast and the Furious over any Star Trek episode or movie.

so you're defending claims of geekiness with symptoms of "the ghey"?

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
yeah i rather be a geek then sit through a millisecond of Vin Diesel or stomp the yard....

AliBabba
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM

No I have no idea what that move was a suspect most others don't either, I'm afraid you may have a little geek in ya

dj_stouty
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Reeves is serious.......

I. AM. AN. F. B. I. AGENT!

dj_stouty
02-08-2008, 09:50 AM

LOL. No...just showing how far I'd go to bypass watching Star Trek.

akhhorus
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM

Translation: they have no ***CENSORED BY SPENCE***ing clue.

fent
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM

i feel like a Paultard wondering why we wasted time and money to research a question that we already know the answer to.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
they dont even know how to spell clue

Keino
02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
so more along the lines of a spurrier system?

Im convinced the Etch-a-Sketch was his play drawing apparatus of choice.

SkinsfaninNJ
02-08-2008, 10:09 AM

I wonder if the minority owners are giving Snyder and Cerrato grief. I know I would.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Cmon. Nobody over-acts more than Reeves, except Jim Carrey, but he does it for comedic effect. Reeves is serious.......
See I see Reeves issue as underacting...besides bill & Ted movies he has never given any indication of emotion in any role...

NCskinsfanatic
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM

Flask please...

Keino
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM

LMAO.

DJ, Ali is right. Most non-geeks have never heard of that movie. You are Part geek. Like I said....Embrace it, Live it, Love it.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Perhaps we should have a drinking game during the coaching search

Drink at each interview
Drink at each sleep over
drink at each new name mentioned
drink at every time Vinny's name is mentioned as a liability

oh that last one might cause alcohol poisoning

Keino
See I see Reeves issue as underacting...besides bill & Ted movies he has never given any indication of emotion in any role...

Clearly you were too engrossed in the action scenes to notice his over-acting in the Matrix movies. Please don't get me started on the Ghetto kid Baseball Coach role he had..........Mathew Mc (However you spell his last name) would've knocked that role out of the park....

Skinz4lyfe
I wonder if the minority owners are giving Snyder and Cerrato grief. I know I would.

Probably not. Snyder probably hired some "yes" men to make him feel good.

CNYSkinFan
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Clearly you were too engrossed in the action scenes to notice his over-acting in the Matrix movies. Please don't get me started on the Ghetto kid Baseball Coach role he had..........Mathew Mc (However you spell his last name) would've knocked that role out of the park....
I never watched that movie...I can't imagine much things more boring then little league baseball and Reeves

I just don't understand the claims of overacting becuase I always feel like he is playing the same damn character in every movie, the emotionally distant man with a secret

You want overacting...I give you Vin Diesel