PDA

View Full Version : The Ocho Cinco Poll

hail2skins
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Okay, everyone has heard the news about Dan wanting to go after Chad. The poll question is this:

Would you want Ocho if he cost us several draft picks, or a player and several draft picks or a player and a draft pick?

Don't vote with your heart hear, vote with your mind. It's going to cost a lot to get him here no matter how you look at it. Are you willing to lose draft picks and players to get him here.

BostonSkins
02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Nope, unless we could get him for 1 Sunday pick and there's no way that happens

Brit'Skin
02-13-2008, 08:06 PM
No.

IHATEDALLAS'82'87'91
02-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I think this would be a great trade for the 'Skins. I'm definitly a yes.

shally
02-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Okay, everyone has heard the news about Dan wanting to go after Chad. The poll question is this:

Would you want Ocho if he cost us several draft picks, or a player and several draft picks or a player and a draft pick?

Don't vote with your heart hear, vote with your mind. It's going to cost a lot to get him here no matter how you look at it. Are you willing to lose draft picks and players to get him here.
no.. no ... no..

go with hackett and a draft pick.. my gut tells me chad would be a poor fit with JC anyway

there will be guys who are free agents who could help this team besides hackett as well

smoak
02-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I say no to Ocho Stinko.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
If it is not more than a second (which I think it would have to be), yeah, let's get him.

bergiemoore
02-13-2008, 08:14 PM
No. He's not a WCO flanker, never played in the WCO, is too sloppy running routes, and is not the right fit for this locker room.

Even if he didn't cost picks and players, I still would rather see someone else in B&G.

Syllable
02-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, yes, yes ,yes ,yes yes.

syphy
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I voted yes, but it really depends on the draft picks involved. I've seen some people discussing two 2nd round picks which I could live with. More than that is getting to be too much.

CNYSkinFan
02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
i just would need to know the draft picks or players. A 2nd and a 5th...ok, 2 first day picks, then I am not for it

SkinsWest
02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
No thanks. He's a head case. However, if the price is lower, then let's take a look.

DUCKIN_TACKLERS
02-13-2008, 08:46 PM
TOP 5 WR IN THE LEAGUE...10+ TDs routinely with several different QBs..how much is that worth. How much of a difference did TO and Randy Moss make to those Offenses worth a first I would say.

Syllable
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Think of last season with 12 more touchdowns.

skinfan43
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
No, but yes if it's Lloyd and a 3rd;)
I want to find a way to make an offer for Anquan Boldin, if possible. Big, strong playmaking target for JC that's younger.

SkinsWest
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
PFT is saying Stinko is not going to be traded anyway. Maybe a ploy to drive up the price? If so, Snyderatto will probably bite.

Biggie
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
He's entertaining when he's not on your team.

No.

skinfanjon
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I voted yes, but it really depends on the draft picks involved. I've seen some people discussing two 2nd round picks which I could live with. More than that is getting to be too much.

This sums it up for me. Marcus + a 3rd rounder? Yep. Two 2nd rounders? Yeah, but thats my limit. No first rounders whatsoever.

Adding Chad would make our whole offense better. I don't know if he'd get his usual 90 grabs, 1300 yards, and 12 TD's, but I have no doubt the offense would flourish with his presence. Moss, Randel El, Cooley, and Portis would all have a much easier time making plays.

HAWGZHEAD
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Love to have Johnson but just once I would like to draft the next Johnson or more like someone with his talent since you can't duplicate the ocho cinco lol. I won't cry if we do it though.

Meatsnack
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I love Chad Johnson the player. the guy who works hard in practice and plays hard on Sunday and produces. I would love to have him here in DC. His antics are nothing more than amusing in my mind, with the exception of the recent "trade me" ruckus he is raising.

Giving up more than a 3rd or a player is too much. Let the Bengals cut him if he is so big a distraction. We are more than one piece of thew puzzle away from being a legit Super Bowl contender in my mind. Chad Johnson can't produce unless the O-line is fixed and can't score enough to help us in the post season unless the D-line is fixed.

No to high level/multiple picks for Chad. Doubly no when Randy Moss goes for a 4th. (Yes, I know they aren't directly comparable situations.) We need young, cheap players who we can coach into prime time starters, not old guys who will be falling off by the time we are contenders.

LadyNRedskinsfan
02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
No, but yes if it's Lloyd and a 3rd;)
I want to find a way to make an offer for Anquan Boldin, if possible. Big, strong playmaking target for JC that's younger.
agreed, especially on the getting rid of lloyd part, lol.

im a chad johnson fan, but im on the no bandwagon here. IF he was to be traded, the price would be too much to give up.

Syllable
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
agreed, especially on the getting rid of lloyd part, lol.

im a chad johnson fan, but im on the no bandwagon here. IF he was to be traded, the price would be too much to give up.

I might be the only redskin fan in the world who thinks we should give Lloyd another chance under Zorn's west coast offense. Maybe now, Campbell might be forced to pass to him when he isn't 50 yards down the field.

akhhorus
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Don't want him, and it ain't gonna happen.

JoeDaSchmoe
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Not only am I vehemently against investing so much in the WR position, and not only am I totally opposed to trading away our picks again this year... I don't even think Chad would be a great fit for this offense.

Look, I get why it seems that way - he's a bigger guy, which we need, and he's one of the best receivers in the league, which is sexy to anyone. But, despite his incredible accomplishment of being taller than Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El, a feat which has somehow been duplicated by yours truly, he's not really a West Coast receiver. He's never played in a WCO. Most of his routes, and most of his big plays, are downfield. He doesn't run a lot of slants, and doesn't muscle his way through a lot of tackles like T.O. In fact, if I had to compare him to any other receiving great, it would be a poor man's Randy Moss - deceptively fast and lanky, great downfield, but you'd never design an offense around him running slants or breaking tackles after catching short hitches. It's just not what he does, and it's not why he's good. The same holds true for Chad.

Before some of you jump down my throat with comments like, "Ar u crazie?!?! Hes CHAD JONSON!!! Cambell wuld thro 80 tuchdowns 2 him!!1!," I realize that Chad is talented enough to perform in any system. This isn't a question of if he will be a total bust - it's a question of maximizing talent, and thereby maximizing investment. Bringing Chad in to be our big posession receiver in a WCO would be paying $60 million for a square peg to put in our round hole.

If we absolutely had to trade for a big-time receiver, I'd call up Matt Millen and figure out how to get Roy Williams. He's a true big boy, very T.O.-esque, and would be a phenomenal West Coast split end. However, I don't think that's necessary, either. Either route will only lead to us being just like Arizona and Detroit - sure, we'd have ridiculously talented receivers, but we wouldn't have the draft picks or the cap space to build the rest of the team like it needs to be built. I mean, really, how far have Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams, and Calvin Johnson ever taken their respective teams?

PennSkinsFan
02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Nope. If you wanna grab a tall, possession receiver, grab one in the draft. If you wanna grab a down field threat, grab on ein the draft. Build through the draft.

Syllable
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Nope. If you wanna grab a tall, possession receiver, grab one in the draft. If you wanna grab a down field threat, grab on ein the draft. Build through the draft.

Zorn might be tempted to try to win fast, considering it looks like he only has 3 years to crack the playoffs.

JoeDaSchmoe
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM

Drafting receivers is such a crapshoot, though. More than any position except, maybe, quarterback, although I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the numbers showed more WR busts in the past decade.

I'm much rather see Snyderatto invest our draft picks in the positions that are most likely to succeed (conveniently for the rest of my offseason beliefs, most of those positions are on the lines) and grab a modestly-priced free agent or two to settle the WR and DB issues.

skinsfan36
02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
yes for mw,and a 3rd if possible but for what the wp says heck no get porter /hackett or sweed(really liking him watch his highlight videos)

colkurtz
02-13-2008, 11:17 PM
No. Not big enough and not tough enough. Go for a cheaper big guy not just interested in the big Danny paycheck.

Again I say - DOES ZORN WANT THIS GUY? otherwise this is just an agent's attempt to jack up his client's price.

joethefan
02-13-2008, 11:17 PM
If we were smart , we could solve two issues through zorns last team... get Hackett that Zorn knows and Trufant that he's at least been around and can vouch for....

Then Draft Day we can focus on the O,DLines

So to answer the Question NO!

Taylor21TheUndertaker
02-13-2008, 11:21 PM
BLoyd & two 3rd rd picks. Nothing more.

colkurtz
02-13-2008, 11:53 PM

How about just for B. Lloyd? :lol1:

MPCSkins
02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I voted yes but I was also excited when we got B. Lloyd because of his athletic grabs, so that means we should probably keep the draft picks and work with what we've got. Cause what I want, don't work.

SpicyMcHaggis
02-14-2008, 03:28 AM
i just would need to know the draft picks or players. A 2nd and a 5th...ok, 2 first day picks, then I am not for it
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel.

I would rather include Santana and a second day pick.

SpicyMcHaggis
02-14-2008, 03:28 AM
That's the equivalent of two fifth round picks.

WRSK1NS
02-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Yes, he has game changing ability and IMO is a true #1 receiver. He would take the pressure off of Moss and ARE. Quite a character but not a headchase.....

I would like to know what the picks would be in advance but I think he is worth a couple of the picks that we have.

Patrick
02-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Ummmmm ............ let's see.
Portis and Johnson on the same team ............... I think not.
One showman is enough.

AGibbsGirl
02-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I thought we needed to spend our money getting a healthy O-Line? If we don't address this first there won't be any balls getting thrown to anybody...we are already in cap hell and we do not need another WR that doesn't fit....I say NO

warpaint
02-14-2008, 07:34 AM
dont like the baggage that comes with johnson, would prefer to keep our picks
draft some big linemen , try to get a big tall receiver in free agency, if none available in free agency then use a pick for a receiver in the draft, wouldnt be opposed here to drafting a tall tight end that can catch the ball to compliment chris cooley.

Skins3
02-14-2008, 08:27 AM
I voted yes, but lemme explain

1st the poll itself is very vague. I would give no more the 2 2nd round picks for him so lets say this years and next years 2nd rounders would start the offer at this years 3rd and next years 4th.

Would also trade Betts as well as no better then a 4th rounder resign Rock and let sellers and Rock share betts duties last year.

2nd Chad Johnson is not #1 on my list as WR's I would go with
#1 Boldin
#2 Fitzgerald
#3 Hackett
#4 Johson

This list is off the top of my head both Arizona WR's I love beacuse they have had kurt warner (no carson palmer) and Leihnart throwing them the ball which makes them that much better. I think Johnson is better then Hackett but Hackett would be so much more team, friendly then Johson due to Contract they would get hackett would make less and we would not have to give up anything at this point to get hackett.

So back to the poll question, if Johnson was our last ditch effort to add a WR of his talent then I would say YES.

ChiefPowhatan17
02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
I heard the Bengals really don't want to do this, but they want a 1st and a 3rd for him. I think that's too much, we need to keep our 1st round picks. If we have learned anything over the years, it is that you keep your first round picks.

Now if it is for Lloyd and a 3rd or 4th then I would say yes. If it is for Marcus and a 4th, it's a yes, but then we have to draft a LB too.

I voted NO, cause I don't want to give up any 1st rounders. Second day picks get cut a lot, so I am for giving a second day pick away.

I would also be for Betts and a second day pick, that would work too...

dogfight6
02-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Voted no. The Skins need to get younger and the only trade I would consider is Lloyd and a sunday pick.

openallnight
02-14-2008, 09:14 AM
I do not want Chad Johnson here
His antics I can't bear to hear
He will whine and make Jason cry
Our team chemistry will go awry
Chad may be a deep ball threat
But with 89 we're already set
We need a guy to move the sticks
Maybe that guy is Anthony Mix?
We need big "uglies" on the lines
OLine, DLine is what we really need
So listen, vinny I beg and plead
In the trenches battles are lost and won
So get some big "uglies" for our Superbowl run!

WinnpegSkinsFan
02-14-2008, 09:42 AM
No. too expensive for a player approaching 30.

ryflan47
02-14-2008, 10:01 AM
The 2 teams in the Super Bowl had receivers with an ego. Moss and Burress were phenominal this season, and certainly not hinder those 2 teams from making it that far. I'm tired of "team cancer" issues, let's get the players we need to win.

GWBlitzST
02-14-2008, 10:03 AM
No. He's not a WCO flanker, never played in the WCO, is too sloppy running routes, and is not the right fit for this locker room.

Even if he didn't cost picks and players, I still would rather see someone else in B&G.

When has anyone ever said Chad Johnson was a sloppy route runner? Im pretty sure he's a very good route runner, actually. He works very hard at it. And Im also 100% sure playing in the WCO would not hurt CJ's game. That said, I voted NO.

Im with you, Shally. DJ Hackett and draft all the way. I think Hackett can be a #1 if given the chance.

OCSkinzFan
02-14-2008, 10:05 AM
If we can get him for less than a first and a third, I'd say yes.

Nobody in the press or anywhere else (except on fan boards) has suggested that he may be traded for "several draft picks" so the poll is misleading.

A better poll would be:

The most that you would trade to get Chad would be-

a) Several draft picks
b) a first and a third
c) two second rounders
d) a couple of third or less picks
e) no, never, even though he's been to the pro bowl the last 5 years in a row

GWBlitzST
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
The 2 teams in the Super Bowl had receivers with an ego. Moss and Burress were phenominal this season, and certainly not hinder those 2 teams from making it that far. I'm tired of "team cancer" issues, let's get the players we need to win.

Other than Chuck Norris' tears, I think winning is the only thing proven to cure cancer.

SkinsGuru
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
I voted No!!! The only WR with a last name of Johnson i would want on the Skins is Andre Johnson from Houston . . . I know, not available, but would be incredible.

bergiemoore
02-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I voted No!!! The only WR with a last name of Johnson i would want on the Skins is Andre Johnson from Houston . . . I know, not available, but would be incredible.

At this point, Andre Johnson is just as available as CJ. This deal ain't happenin'.

Redskinmayhem
02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
it has to be the right deal. I don't want to give up too much to get him.

RedskinRyan
02-14-2008, 11:55 AM
TOP 5 WR IN THE LEAGUE...10+ TDs routinely with several different QBs..how much is that worth. How much of a difference did TO and Randy Moss make to those Offenses worth a first I would say.

Excellent point. Unfortunately, getting CJ would cost more than what it did the Eagles to bring in TO. And I think CJ is a much better prospect. Younger, less issues, and has been pretty healthy his entire career. While I wouldn't make any Ricky-Williams style trades to get him, I think our first for CJ and their third rounder would be a fair deal.

Hrabanmaur
02-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I voted no.

I think Johnson is a very good player, but if he can't exist happily in Cinci with an amazing quarterback, I just don't see how he'll be happy here with a QB who has yet to come into his own. His age also concerns me. I'd rather spend money/draft picks on trying to find the next great receiver.

There's also the media issue. Chad Johnson brings a media frenzy wherever he goes, and I think for Cinci it became a distraction for the whole team this year. Let's keep Clinton Portis as our prima donna and avoid the antics of Johnson.

Meatsnack
02-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I do not want Chad Johnson here
His antics I can't bear to hear
He will whine and make Jason cry
Our team chemistry will go awry
Chad may be a deep ball threat
But with 89 we're already set
We need a guy to move the sticks
Maybe that guy is Anthony Mix?
We need big "uglies" on the lines
OLine, DLine is what we really need
So listen, vinny I beg and plead
In the trenches battles are lost and won
So get some big "uglies" for our Superbowl run!

:sun: Wooooooo! FreeeeBiiiiiiiiiirrrrrd!!! Dude, that was awesome.

LATrueRedskin
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Nope. Too much to give for a receiver like Johnson.

Syllable
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
2nd Chad Johnson is not #1 on my list as WR's I would go with
#1 Boldin
#2 Fitzgerald
#3 Hackett
#4 Johnson

In terms of Talent????

syphy
02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
I might be the only redskin fan in the world who thinks we should give Lloyd another chance under Zorn's west coast offense. Maybe now, Campbell might be forced to pass to him when he isn't 50 yards down the field.

Who is this Lloyd guy everyone keeps speaking of?

rskinsfan10
02-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I said yes without knowing exactly what picks or players would be involved. If it's something that's ridiculously not in our favor, then of course I wouldn't be for it, but in principle I would.

NCskinsfanatic
02-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I like CJ...but the Bengals will want far too much IMO and we shouldn't be willing to pay it. Just sign a FA like Bryant and address it again in say the 3rd round of the draft.

skins111111
02-18-2008, 09:49 PM
well I voted yes-----------but it would depend on how much we would have to pay.........he is a character guy with a ton of talent and just what we need..........sounds like the bungles don't want to let him go anyway

mexskins
02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, I would trade our 2nd for him in a heartbeat. I think we need a big receiver like him. Go and get him Dan !

PHIL32
02-20-2008, 03:30 AM
cincy will not trade him-regardless of the noise he and leigh steinberg make.
we can address wr thru free agency and the draft.

free agency possibles
jerry porter-dc homeboy
ernest williford-va tech boy-
andre davisva tech boy also kick returner
bernard berrian

draft loaded with wr
also draft martin rucker te 2nd round-6'6 solid te-cooley needs help attacking middle of field in tampa 2 defenses also in red zone

:dalassuk::dance:

Redskin4Life
02-20-2008, 11:32 AM
It's one thing for a Washington DC based paper saying Ocho's coming but a Cincinnati based one??? I have no problems with CJ being a Skin. I'm just scared of the compensation we'd give up to get him. I hope nothing more than a 1st for Chad and their 3rd/4th.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2008/02/19/ddn022008audible.html

Emmanouel8
02-22-2008, 11:01 PM
At 30 years old he;s not worth it.

The offensive line is aging and injuries will continue to plague the unit until we get younger there.

CB is another position we better take a look at investing in and of vourse the other hard position to fill that seems to escape us every offseason a DE.

Chad a big no if it's anything more than a late 2nd.

JoeDaSchmoe
02-23-2008, 02:04 AM
The offensive line is aging and injuries will continue to plague the unit until we get younger there.

Ding ding ding.

Hr fan
02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
No. Matt Millen has already proven that top receiving talent is no good if the O and D lines are lousy. We have priority needs on the lines, and acceptable talent is available without baggage from other areas.

smoak
02-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I for one am glad this was all smoke and mirrors (most likely from Drew R)

lorimike
02-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Based on the latest news I'm reading the Skins will not be big players in free agency. So I really doubt the Skins could
1. Afford him
2. be willing to pay the draft compensation price

Vote for Chad on my blog
http://draftdude.blogspot.com

give_portis_the_rock
02-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I'd prefer Berrian because he wouldn't cost any picks