PDA

View Full Version : For Vick's Pit Bulls a happier ending

flave1969
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought this was a nice ending to a sordid saga.

A New Life (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/06/AR2008070602351.html?hpid=topnews)

SpicyMcHaggis
07-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I thought this was a nice ending to a sordid saga.

A New Life (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/06/AR2008070602351.html?hpid=topnews)

Great article. Thanks for posting it flave. And I'm really sorry for the two dogs that didn't make it.

Once again, I hope you rot in hell Vick.

smoak
07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Great article. Thanks for posting it flave. And I'm really sorry for the two dogs that didn't make it.

Once again, I hope you rot in hell Vick.

Agree... But I wish I wasn't a member of the "its only a matter of time" population when viewing the potential danger that ex-fighting dogs pose. I've heard too many stories to be optimistic that all these dogs will live full lives without ever having snapped.

SkinsKY
07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Agree... But I wish I wasn't a member of the "its only a matter of time" population when viewing the potential danger that ex-fighting dogs pose. I've heard too many stories to be optimistic that all these dogs will live full lives without ever having snapped.

That worries me too. I hope these dogs make it, but you never know if something can set them off.

Hrabanmaur
07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
That worries me too. I hope these dogs make it, but you never know if something can set them off.

In reading the article, this is what struck me as well. One of his dogs is taking orders from a 2 year old? I have a 2 year old, and I can guarantee you I would not expose her to the risk. I hope the dogs do have a fulfilling "rebirth" in our predominantly humane society, but I hope no one is injured in the process.

SpicyMcHaggis
07-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I think the key is to keep a close eye on them pretty much at all times, and not leave them alone with other dogs or children. But it's true that accidents can happen..all you can do is hope for the best.

LATrueRedskin
07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Just don't let them be around other dogs or small children. Being a single, younger guy, I'd definately take one of these in if I didn't already have a dog. Great story that these animals are being given a chance.

The Skinsinator
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
This is about the only positive thing I can take from the whole Vick dog story and I'm glad to hear it. Honestly I'll never get over this story at all knowing all the details and I cross my fingers that Michael Vick never steps on an nfl field again. I agree in most situations a second chance is warranted. But not here.