PDA

View Full Version : How good is Marcus Mason?

Nomad
07-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I am asking because I don't know.

Does he seem to be a guy who could be a potential starter, or is he a kind of tweener that isn't fast enough or big enough?

CNYSkinFan
07-29-2008, 01:29 PM
he is simply the best back ever to put on a redskin uniform, outside of the L word

skinfanjon
07-29-2008, 01:37 PM
he is simply the best back ever to put on a redskin uniform, outside of the L word

You mean, LUMSDEN???

AliBabba
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
You mean, LUMSDEN???
LOL .... I totally forgot ab the Jesse Lumsden thread, that was classic

redskin_rich
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Chuck Norris fears trying to tackle Marcus Mason.

GreenspanDan
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
he's the Robert McCune of running backs.

jaylen
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Reminds me of the Babe's preseason's qb exploits.

shally
07-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Reminds me of the Babe's preseason's qb exploits.

aint that the truth

on the other hand, at least mason doesnt appear to be a fumbler.. i think we are going to see a lot of him this preseason

akhhorus
07-29-2008, 02:48 PM
LOL .... I totally forgot ab the Jesse Lumsden thread, that was classic

Thats the only thread I can think of that funnier if you start at the end and work backwards lol

CNYSkinFan
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Thats the only thread I can think of that funnier if you start at the end and work backwards lol
i think I actually get bald at the end from ripping my hair out

akhhorus
07-29-2008, 03:20 PM

If you play the Lumdsen thread backwards, you'll hear CNY say "I buried Paul"

CNYSkinFan
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
for the newbies here is the essential trilogy of Lumsden thereads:

The original Lumsden Thread (a new hope at running back) (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=33916&highlight=lumsden)

not bad, only 11 pages...a little too hyped but I could live with that.

Then there is Lumsden Strikes Back (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=34678&highlight=lumsden)

A 48 page whopper of delusion and hillarity. Luckily it was archived by a sensible mod, but just when you thought it was safe:

Revenge of the Lumsden (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=35447&highlight=lumsden)

Another 40 pages of excuses and crying

then there is the epilogue

The Death of Lumsden (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=36526&highlight=lumsden)

A memorial service was held by OCskins, redwolf And WWD to Akh, Keino and I sang songs, a good time was had by all

silverspring
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
If you play the Lumdsen thread backwards, you'll hear CNY say "I buried Paul"

LOL

Death_Venom
07-29-2008, 04:34 PM

The original Lumsden Thread (a new hope at running back) (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=33916&highlight=lumsden)

Then there is Lumsden Strikes Back (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=34678&highlight=lumsden)

A 48 page whopper of delusion and hillarity. Luckily it was archived by a sensible mod, but just when you thought it was safe:

Revenge of the Lumsden (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=35447&highlight=lumsden)

The Death of Lumsden (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=36526&highlight=lumsden)

A memorial service was held by OCskins, redwolf And WWD to Akh, Keino and I sang songs, a good time was had by all

I dont think anyone is quite ready or even prepared to re-live that whole topic............

colkurtz
07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Didn't Lumsden marry Brittany?

Mason is going to have to beat out Rock this season. i liked some of his moves against the future grocery baggers last season. Let's see how he does this season against better talent.

Keino
07-29-2008, 07:47 PM

LMAO. IN the first thread, Digger and OC Skins fan cracked me up. BTW - I only get 4 pages, not 11. If you go to user CP, you can adjust the number of posts per page. I think I have mine set to 40.

jaylen
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
wow my 1st time seeing the Lumsden threads. I'm on the 1st page of the 1st link, wow the buildup alone is hilarious. Someone highlighted how he was faster than Portis.

wait a minute Keino throws out Dickerson and Eddie George comparisons. Size wise . lol

I know someone has to have thrown out a Riggo in there somewhere.

Man those threads are hilarious.

akhhorus
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
wow my 1st time seeing the Lumsden threads. I'm on the 1st page of the 1st link, wow the buildup alone is hilarious. Someone highlighted how he was faster than Portis.

wait a minute Keino throws out Dickerson and Eddie George comparisons. Size wise . lol

Just wait until you get into the semantics of what the "first cut" means lol.

redskin_rich
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM

You just can't let him go, since he escaped from your secret basement.

OCSkinz still owes me a drink at his bar from that saga. I'll be out your way 8/25-29 my man, you can pay up my PIDA then.
:beer:

Keino
07-29-2008, 08:38 PM

In Foghorn Leghorn Voice:

Now I say, You hold on just one cotton pickin' minute there son. I only threw those names out to discount the notion that a 6'2 RB cannot be successful. At no time did I mention those great players in the same breath as the Canadian Wonder Boy.

CNYSkinFan
07-29-2008, 08:39 PM
LMAO. IN the first thread, Digger and OC Skins fan cracked me up. BTW - I only get 4 pages, not 11. If you go to user CP, you can adjust the number of posts per page. I think I have mine set to 40.
ok over 1600 replies...either way just phenomenal

CNYSkinFan
07-29-2008, 08:39 PM

Now I say, You hold on just one cotton pickin' minute there son. I only threw those names out to discount the notion that a 6'2 RB cannot be successful. At no time did I mention those great players in the same breath as the Canadian Wonder Boy.
don't kid yourself Sean was a secet Lumsden lover.....

akhhorus
07-29-2008, 08:46 PM

"This is a Lumsden son, not a Portis. Lumsdens don't look like Portises. Who told you this was a Lumsden, son? Nice boy, but doesn't listen to a thing you say. You got a bum steer, son. I'm a Lumsden, not a Betts. You're wrong, son!"

and

"Lumsden's so dumb he thinks the Mexican border pays rent..."

http://bugbear.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/foghorn.gif

jaylen
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
OC Skinz was in the tank for him wow. My goodness there's serious comedy in here, at different points

-he was better than Betts
- gonna be like Brandon Jacobs
- gonna force Taylor Jacobs and Patton off the team
-he's better than Rock
-he can be a Didier esque type te

Okay I'm finished with the 1st link and have officially lost respect for some folks around here LOL

Wow to say people were getting carried away is an understatement.

on to the other links.

Jon Jansen is money
07-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Staying with the original topic I'll mention that I faced Marcus Mason in a passing league game in high school and he looked pretty amazing then.

If I were to make a prediction I'd say he's a lock for at least 10 pro bowls.

Worst case scenario- Barry Sanders
Best Case- Walter Payton

hockeygoalie29
07-30-2008, 07:07 AM

:lol1: I had forgotten all about that heated debate! Definitely an HR classic. Has it really been two years since the L-train was in town?

GreenspanDan
07-30-2008, 08:34 AM
- gonna force Taylor Jacobs and Patton off the team

so good he takes up two roster spots?

skinfan43
07-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry 'bout that amigo...

...but not really, lol;)

Keino
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
don't kid yourself Sean was a secet Lumsden lover.....

As evidenced by my terming him Camp Fodder? Not to be confused with Camp Mudder.......

redwolf1218
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM

ah the Jessie Lumsden trilogy. fond memories. i thought he was going to be "the answer" - at tailback, fullback, hback, TE, DE, and LB, and return kicks too.

Mason seems to be a clone of Rock as far as size, but he may be faster. i am looking forward to seeing him and Nemo in the preseason.

PORTIS ... 5-10.5 ... 222
BETTS ... 5-10.5 ... 224
CARTWRIGHT ... 5- 8.2 ... 225
MASON ... 5- 8.3 ... 218
BROUGHTON ... 5-11.4 ... 250

Keino
07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
ah the Jessie Lumsden trilogy. fond memories. i thought he was going to be "the answer" - at tailback, fullback, hback, TE, DE, and LB, and return kicks too.

Mason seems to be a clone of Rock as far as size, but he may be faster. i am looking forward to seeing him and Nemo in the preseason.

PORTIS ... 5-10.5 ... 222
BETTS ... 5-10.5 ... 224
CARTWRIGHT ... 5- 8.2 ... 225
MASON ... 5- 8.3 ... 218
BROUGHTON ... 5-11.4 ... 250

Mason is much more of a scat back/Speed guy than Rock is.

What I thought was hilarious was that everyone in the JL camp assumed he was better than Rock based on some CFL highlights, totally ignoring that Rock made his contributions in the NFL. I am no huge Rock fan, but those comments in all of those threads were bordering on lunacy.

Hrabanmaur
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
To stick with the original thread, I don't think anyone will know how good Mason is until he sees real NFL action in a regular season (isn't this the moral of the Lumsden thread?). I will say that he earned my respect last preseason. I thought he fought real hard to pick up that extra yard after contact, to keep pushing ahead. He's got the effort and the mentality, but it's the talent that remains a mystery.

redwolf1218
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Mason is much more of a scat back/Speed guy than Rock is.

What I thought was hilarious was that everyone in the JL camp assumed he was better than Rock based on some CFL highlights, totally ignoring that Rock made his contributions in the NFL. I am no huge Rock fan, but those comments in all of those threads were bordering on lunacy.

i thought he had more potential. just like i think Mason has more potential. i just want some young guys with better physical attributes to get a chance.

FanFromArizona
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
It will be interesting watching double M this weekend, I wonder how much playing time he'll get this weekend and against what string Indy defense he'll get playing time.

I wonder if he'll be our first RB or second to enter the game on Sunday.....
would love to see him be the first RB and see how he fares against first stringers so that I can form an opinion on his 53-man worthiness.....

hogskins
07-31-2008, 07:34 AM

As in "First Cut is the Deepest"? (But "if you want, I'll try to love again..."). :-)

CNYSkinFan
07-31-2008, 07:37 AM
I really think we jkeep 4 running backs and in my mind with Shelton being injured, Mason has a decent ashot at making the team. Shelton is interesting because he actually is a power runner and different then any back on this offense.

Lavar703
07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
I really think we jkeep 4 running backs and in my mind with Shelton being injured, Mason has a decent ashot at making the team. Shelton is interesting because he actually is a power runner and different then any back on this offense.

I thought Shelton was waived in favor of alford fincher

hessy36
07-31-2008, 02:47 PM
My cousin is a good friend of Mason's. I watched him in training camp. I think he's very good and has a ton of speed. I think he needs a shot at playing for sure.

Redskinmayhem
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
he's the Robert McCune of running backs.

quote of this offseason....

We all thought McCune was going to be a monster, simply because the guy looked like Ronnie Coleman lol.

joethefan
08-01-2008, 06:17 AM
IMO I say after this season and after seeing MM get some good action in the preseason, I believe we will trade Ladelle next offseason..... I am really looking forward to seeing MM this year get some good PT in preseason......

Keino
08-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I thought Shelton was waived in favor of alford fincher

He posted that before the roster move was announced.

skinsfan36
08-02-2008, 10:32 PM
i think we will see a ton of him in the preseason and we may ahve to keep him on the active roster to keep him if he plays like last yrs preseason

FanFromArizona
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, after tonight's performance, I want to see Marcus up against second string defenders....

my feeling that Marcus is the better runner (between him and Rock) were confirmed.

Rock looks good in play-action plays with swinging guards and is best suited on Special Teams.

Unfortunately I don't know if Marcus has any ST versatility.

M2 definitely gets my vote for more playing time. I'd love to see him be the second RB to enter next week after Ladell is done.

shally
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, after tonight's performance, I want to see Marcus up against second string defenders....

my feeling that Marcus is the better runner (between him and Rock) were confirmed.

Rock looks good in play-action plays with swinging guards and is best suited on Special Teams.

Unfortunately I don't know if Marcus has any ST versatility.

M2 definitely gets my vote for more playing time. I'd love to see him be the second RB to enter next week after Ladell is done.

M2 has returned KO's i believe

has solid vision in the hole and runs north and south

CNYSkinFan
08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I believe I called it

FanFromArizona
08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
M2 has returned KO's i believe

has solid vision in the hole and runs north and south

and hits like a SWIFT truck of bricks. (I work for Swift Transportation)
and gets yards after initial contact with defenders.

shally
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
and hits like a SWIFT truck of bricks. (I work for Swift Transportation)
and gets yards after initial contact with defenders.

i really like the way he makes a cut and then accellerates.. no wasted motion

i think if he keeps from fumbling in the preseason he is going to get a spot on the roster..

jaylen
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I generally feel that rb's either have it or they don't regardless of what string they run against. I think Mason is a player. He has the vision and quickness to hit the hole.

shally
08-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I generally feel that rb's either have it or they don't regardless of what string they run against. I think Mason is a player. He has the vision and quickness to hit the hole.

and so far, he has handled all the swing passes thrown to him, so his hands are at least decent

Dolla Bill
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
News Flash, this just in: Mason is a baller.

colkurtz
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I think we'll see a lot of him this pre-season. At this pace and if doesn't drop it [as Shally has said] - I think he'll take Rock's position.

LuvSkins17
08-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I think we'll see a lot of him this pre-season. At this pace and if doesn't drop it [as Shally has said] - I think he'll take Rock's position.

I felt this way last season! The kid is good. I think he needs to be looked at returning kick offs. He did pretty good with it last preseason. I still get nervous when Rock is at RB. Don't get me wrong,... I love Rock but,... the best players need to play,... fan favorite or not.

MoonshineDelight
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I love this guy... Sign me up for this guy's fan club. I'm all in. I think he's got the goods. He's patient, explosive, fluid, can pass block, and even catch in traffic. Marcus was the guy I couldn't wait to see this pre-season. He was so spectacular last August, I never thought he'd clear waivers for the practice squad. I don't think he's another Chad Dukes, or Lumsden either. Rock however is way too much of a Redskin to cut.. and even in his 8th year, he still ran hard late in the 4th. I say we dangle Betts and that salary of his as bait for some picks or a need. The only way we keep Mason this year, is somehow getting him on the 53.

Slobberknocker
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
If we don't put Mason on the 53 and end up losing him, I'll still root for him. He deserves a chance.

colkurtz
08-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I felt this way last season! The kid is good. I think he needs to be looked at returning kick offs. He did pretty good with it last preseason. I still get nervous when Rock is at RB. Don't get me wrong,... I love Rock but,... the best players need to play,... fan favorite or not.

This is just the first game of the pre-season BUT when Mason and Rock were alternating it was highly noticeable on the difference. Mason is just better at this stage. I like Rock Cartwright, but the PS is a straight-up competition - period. Zorn has no ties to anyone he didn't draft, so he's going to pick the best player for #3 or #2.

Lacquer Head
08-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Rock looked like he could see his spot slipping away already when he was trying to pound it out from the HB tonight. He definitely doesn't look natural trying to find open space around the LOS (which he never ever has).

MM looks like a beast.

shally
08-03-2008, 11:43 PM
This is just the first game of the pre-season BUT when Mason and Rock were alternating it was highly noticeable on the difference. Mason is just better at this stage. I like Rock Cartwright, but the PS is a straight-up competition - period. Zorn has no ties to anyone he didn't draft, so he's going to pick the best player for #3 or #2.

my thoughts as well.. plus, the front office low balled rock this off season and didnt give him much (if any ) of a signing bonus

Rock looked like he could see his spot slipping away already when he was trying to pound it out from the HB tonight. He definitely doesn't look natural trying to find open space around the LOS (which he never ever has).

MM looks like a beast.

plus, MM would represent dollars saved..

finally watching what ahmad bradshaw brought as a change of pace for the giants had to impress the skins.
i am not saying that mason is as good as bradshaw, only that his potential looks about as good. plus, i really like his quickness in the hole

colkurtz
08-04-2008, 01:04 AM
my thoughts as well.. plus, the front office low balled rock this off season and didnt give him much (if any ) of a signing bonus

finally watching what ahmad bradshaw brought as a change of pace for the giants had to impress the skins.
i am not saying that mason is as good as bradshaw, only that his potential looks about as good. plus, i really like his quickness in the hole

Shally - like you have said - Zorn is bringing in youth and speed. If the new guy is also cheaper so much the better. Some old fan favorites will be gone this season or next. OBTW - Betts better step up his game also.

Nomad
08-04-2008, 01:04 AM

And MM hasn't been to jail, as far as I know, unlike Bradshaw.

He looked small, but fast, and gosh, on that 2nd & 3 late in game, Rock just bounced outside several times, not hitting at least 2 holes with enough 1st down yardage, and was tackled for a loss. Its early, but if MM looks that much better throughout preseason, how can you keep Rock? I think giving young players like this a chance is what will help us turn the corner--throughout the roster.

flave1969
08-04-2008, 03:36 AM
When Rock and Mason ran straight ahead the results were similar, however as soon as a cut need to be made we saw the difference between the two.

Mason makes really nice cuts and made a lot of people but he is also strong in contact, he delivered a lot of pops tonight.

SkinsKY
08-04-2008, 05:49 AM
When Rock and Mason ran straight ahead the results were similar, however as soon as a cut need to be made we saw the difference between the two.

Mason makes really nice cuts and made a lot of people but he is also strong in contact, he delivered a lot of pops tonight.

He did make some good cuts, but one of the things Inoticed was that he used a sidestep/step back move several times. He won't last long against real NFL players if he continues to do that. Only the absolute best RBs can afford to completely stop their momentum and still make things happen.

Lavar703
08-04-2008, 07:02 AM
This is ridiculous, Rock has been one of the top kick returners in the NFC for the past two seasons. Hes had games where he rushed over 100 yards against real NFL defenses, not third and fourth stringers. I like Mason and really hope he makes the team, but Rock is much more valuable than Marcus. This is a classic case of not knowing what you have until its gone.

GolfFreak
08-04-2008, 08:50 AM
This is ridiculous, Rock has been one of the top kick returners in the NFC for the past two seasons. Hes had games where he rushed over 100 yards against real NFL defenses, not third and fourth stringers. I like Mason and really hope he makes the team, but Rock is much more valuable than Marcus. This is a classic case of not knowing what you have until its gone.

I agree. I like what I saw in Mason, but how can he make the team over Rock when Rock is so good at returning kicks? And I can't see them carrying 4 RBs on game day.

Cutter
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Unless I see M2 do it with real bullets flying I can't see lossing your #1KR and ST ace. I'd be more inclined to make the choice between him and Betts.

Moe
08-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I thought Mason looked promising last year in pre-season and his performance this weekend picked right up from there. He has good vision and good feet and when he makes his cut he really shoots forward. Not making a direct comparison, but the way he moves reminds me of Edgerrin James on some level.

More importantly, I thought it was good to see a lot of the zone blocking, cut-back lanes open out there. A good sign for what Portis might be able to exploit.

bosshog001
08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Slightly off topic and not worth another thread, but I saw Nemo on the sidelines. I thought he was long gone, but given how lttle he played, I'm guessing he will be shortly. Wonder why they didn't give him a few touches?

Keino
08-04-2008, 10:26 AM
You can tell the RBs are being coached to one-cut and go. The previous scheme preached Patience and allowing the hole to open up. I don't expect to see much of the Backside DE blowing up plays from behind like in the previous 4 years while Portis is waiting for the lane to open up.

Even Rock looked semi-explosive....that is until he has to make a 2nd cut. That's where Mason looked better than Rock IMO. If Portis is going to return to Denver form, this will be the year for him to do it. The Scheme and the weapons around him are nicely suited for him to do just that....

LATrueRedskin
08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
You can tell the RBs are being coached to one-cut and go. The previous scheme preached Patience and allowing the hole to open up. I don't expect to see much of the Backside DE blowing up plays from behind like in the previous 4 years while Portis is waiting for the lane to open up.

Even Rock looked semi-explosive....that is until he has to make a 2nd cut. That's where Mason looked better than Rock IMO. If Portis is going to return to Denver form, this will be the year for him to do it. The Scheme and the weapons around him are nicely suited for him to do just that....

I expect big things from Portis this year if that's the case, which I caught on as well. The running game hasn't changed nccessarily, but it's got a little tweak to it.

Concerning Marcus Mason, he has played well during last preseason and last night. I'd like to see him get the start next week if both Clinton and Ladell are sidelined. It's definately nice to have someone like Mason to be on the practice squad. He's a baller.

TrueOracle
08-04-2008, 10:39 AM

I agree with your sentiments, Lavar. I mentioned in another thread that I really liked Mason's game. He's, simply stated, a football player in the CP mold. However, I don't think Rock is a better RB than Betts, BUT Rock can carry the rock when called upon (as we witnessed a couple of years back). And Mason is nowhere near taking Rock's spot. With all this being said, unless Mason can play Spec Teams, he's going to be on some other team's 53 man roster.

I like the kid but we're really deep at RB. Maybe we can put him on the practice squad???

shally
08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Slightly off topic and not worth another thread, but I saw Nemo on the sidelines. I thought he was long gone, but given how lttle he played, I'm guessing he will be shortly. Wonder why they didn't give him a few touches?

i cannot see him making the team either

but FB has a lot of collisions in practice. saves wear and tear on sellers, if nothing else

shally
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I expect big things from Portis this year if that's the case, which I caught on as well. The running game hasn't changed nccessarily, but it's got a little tweak to it.

Concerning Marcus Mason, he has played well during last preseason and last night. I'd like to see him get the start next week if both Clinton and Ladell are sidelined. It's definately nice to have someone like Mason to be on the practice squad. He's a baller.

it didnt hurt the giants to keep 7th round pick ahmad bradshaw on the team despite having a deep squad of rb's.. really paid big dividends later on...

swheeler
08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I think trading Betts is the way to go. We haven't seen a whole lot from him in a while, and he's definitely getting paid more than Rock and Mason. I think he's still a good player, but at a position that, right now, we have a lot of talent at. Better to see what we can get for him and pick up some better defensive depth.

TrueOracle
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I think trading Betts is the way to go. We haven't seen a whole lot from him in a while, and he's definitely getting paid more than Rock and Mason. I think he's still a good player, but at a position that, right now, we have a lot of talent at. Better to see what we can get for him and pick up some better defensive depth.

Considering our needs on D, I can understand this argument. I don't think you can make it out of the division w/o two quality RB's and that begs the question of whether or not Rock could be that guy. I've gotta do a little more analysis and quantify this risk before I'm ready to lose Betts. But I can see the argument

hockeygoalie29
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM

I agree with both of you guys, especially on the bolded section above. Ever since the coaches announced they were keeping the same running terminology from last season everyone (on the radio) has been assuming that they will have to mesh Zorn's passing offense with Gibbs smash mouth run game.

I didn't interpret that as saying the running scheme will be the same, just that the terminology would stay consistent. I fully expect Zorn, along with Sherman Smith and Stump Mitchell, to implement more of west coast, one cut, zone blocking scheme with a small dose of the power running game thrown in as well (gotta throw a bone to Buges...haha). Just cause the terminology is staying the same doesn't mean the play calling will...

Lavar703
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM

We will get nothing in return for Ladell.

Keino
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
BTW - Am I the only one who thought Alford Fincher was an absolute BEAST in the 4th Quarter? Granted he was playing against scrubs, but he clearly stood out to me.....

shally
08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
BTW - Am I the only one who thought Alford Fincher was an absolute BEAST in the 4th Quarter? Granted he was playing against scrubs, but he clearly stood out to me.....

fincher DID look good.. lots of energy

he cant even have a clue what the schemes are, so this might turn out to be a find

none of the other linebackers were particularly impressive yesterday