PDA

View Full Version : East Carolina Pirates beat VA Tech

Ibleedburgundy
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
That was a great game. Typical of a week one college game in that there were errors on both sides, but it was exciting to watch. ECU was the better team all around. They pressured Glennon all game while the ECU QB had a lot of time and ECU RB's had huge holes to run through. Pinkney looked sharp. Ultimately, it was the Pirates playing "Beamerball" for the win. This is the best they've looked on offense since the Garrard years, and easily the best I've ever sen them on defense. Going to be a great year for the purple and gold.

Dolla Bill
08-30-2008, 03:55 PM
This could be the beginning of the end of Beamerball in Blacksburg. He's gonna be hounded this entire year for redshirting Tyrod.

Ibleedburgundy
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
This could be the beginning of the end of Beamerball in Blacksburg. He's gonna be hounded this entire year for redshirting Tyrod.

From what I saw last year, Taylor looked like the better QB. Glennon hasn't got it by now, so he probably never will. He looked horrible today.

nicefellow31
08-31-2008, 05:09 PM
I officiated games with Taylor when he was in high school and he is very talented. Played CB on D and is super quick. I almost blew out my knee when he reversed field once on a scramble. LOL! Anyway, VT is pretty young this year so maybe Beamer is thinking if we can just get by, they will have Tyrod and bunch of youngster for the next 3 years.

NCskinsfanatic
08-31-2008, 05:29 PM
G'vegas partied hard last night, they party hard every night actually lol. But Greenville, NC is always live after a Pirates win, especially one of that magnitude.

NorthEast#1SkinFan
09-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Don't like VA Tech so happy 2 see dem loss

CarMike
09-03-2008, 05:50 AM
DONT LIKE VA TECH SO HAPPY 2 SEE DEM LOSS

Never drink and post. :)

CarMike
09-03-2008, 05:52 AM
I officiated games with Taylor when he was in high school and he is very talented. Played CB on D and is super quick. I almost blew out my knee when he reversed field once on a scramble. LOL! Anyway, VT is pretty young this year so maybe Beamer is thinking if we can just get by, they will have Tyrod and bunch of youngster for the next 3 years.

I read yesterday that Taylor will start this weekend. The redshirt has been lifted. One game late IMO.

hail2skins
09-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Don't like VA Tech so happy 2 see dem lossYou may want to refrain from using the slang you're using if you want anyone here to understand you.

CarMike
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
You may want to refrain from using the slang you're using if you want anyone here to understand you.

Or take you seriously...

Ibleedburgundy
09-07-2008, 08:45 AM
2-0 baby!

ECU looks solid. They beat Va Tech and WVU at the LOS by being the more physical team.

I love the offense. Great running game, nice mix of gadget plays that only work in college, accurate QB, the WRs block well, and the O-line is money.

Skip Holtz is the man.