PDA

View Full Version : The Matt Cassel as Savior Thread

SorceryatCaesars
09-09-2008, 12:36 PM
prediction: Pats go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl. Cassel is Super Bowl MVP.

SkinsfaninNJ
09-09-2008, 01:09 PM
prediction: Pats go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl. Cassel is Super Bowl MVP.

You got guts. He won't look as bad as in the preseason simply because he will have first teamers all four quarters. The season is a huge grind, so I'd like to see him play well in November first before making any bold predictions.

dj_stouty
09-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Put down the crackpipe. New England still has enough firepower to muster 10 or 11 wins and make the playoffs, however, getting the SB will be a chore and claiming an unproven Cassel will win SBMVP is just as wild as saying Matt Schaub will win it...

WarEagle
09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
The Globe's Bob Ryan points out that Matt will be starting his first game since 1999 when he was in high school. He was a permanent #2 at USC. Go Matt Go!

Slobberknocker
09-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Attendance at church just shot up by 50% in the Boston metro area. Coincidence? I think not.

Moe
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
The Pats have a cake schedule so making a run isn't out of the question unless the injury bug spreads and/or Moss starts to tank it.

dj_stouty
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
The Pats have a cake schedule so making a run isn't out of the question unless the injury bug spreads and/or Moss starts to tank it.

2 things...

First; even if the Pats manage to win enough games to make the playoffs, they certainly won't have homefield advantage throuhout. Its quite possible they pick up a wildcard spot and never have a home game. The Pats are best in their own stadium in the cold winter months of the playoffs. I just don't see a Matt Cassel led team beating any AFC team wiht substance on the road.

Secondly; Moss will always be Moss. When the going gets tough, Moss walks off the field, or takes a play off, or complains about his QB. With Brady gone, I could see Moss taking issue with the inexperienced Cassel's decision making skills. Could be a ticking timebomb over there...

CNYSkinFan
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
If only Vinny had read my Trade now for Matt Castsell email i sent him

shally
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
The Globe's Bob Ryan points out that Matt will be starting his first game since 1999 when he was in high school. He was a permanent #2 at USC. Go Matt Go!

sounds like our own collins...

shally
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
If only Vinny had read my Trade now for Matt Castsell email i sent him

vinny will send our number 1 pick for the next 3 years to the pats after this season for cassel.. while brady comes back next year to lead the pats and they find another backup

meanwhile cassel will inspire remembrances of wuerffel while redskin starter

there is no justice in this world..only chaos and entropy...

SorceryatCaesars
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
belichick will do to Cassel as he did to Brady.

cautious play-calling, to minimize mistakes.

lots of swing passes.

skinsfan36
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
the pats may still win the diviison but idk buffalo is going to be a contender there

skinsfan36
09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
sounds like our own collins...

collins did start at michigan though i think

shally
09-09-2008, 09:29 PM
belichick will do to Cassel as he did to Brady.

cautious play-calling, to minimize mistakes.

lots of swing passes.
still if belichick goes to the superbowl with cassel he shouldnt be put in the HOF, he should be canonized

SkinsfaninNJ
09-09-2008, 09:57 PM
still if belichick goes to the superbowl with cassel he shouldnt be put in the HOF, he should be canonized

True, and Cassel will prove once and for all he is a far better USC QB that Carson Palmer and Leinhart.

dj_stouty
09-10-2008, 10:04 AM
True, and Cassel will prove once and for all he is a far better USC QB that Carson Palmer and Leinhart.

He has a long way to go before passing Carson Palmer in the Quarterbacking department.

SkinsfaninNJ
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
He has a long way to go before passing Carson Palmer in the Quarterbacking department.

I don't think that's true. I heard his last game, he was insane. So what it was back in HS. That's all we can judge him on other than the terrific practices he has had. I think its really his time to shine.

j/k with all of this

Moe
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
2 things...

First; even if the Pats manage to win enough games to make the playoffs, they certainly won't have homefield advantage throuhout. Its quite possible they pick up a wildcard spot and never have a home game. The Pats are best in their own stadium in the cold winter months of the playoffs. I just don't see a Matt Cassel led team beating any AFC team wiht substance on the road.

Secondly; Moss will always be Moss. When the going gets tough, Moss walks off the field, or takes a play off, or complains about his QB. With Brady gone, I could see Moss taking issue with the inexperienced Cassel's decision making skills. Could be a ticking timebomb over there...

First: in all likelihood you are correct about them being without homefield, but with Indy stuttering out of the gate (and potentially continuing to do so until they figure out how to compensate for Saturday's abscence) and San DIego getting roughed up, the team to beat is (currently) Pitt. That being said, in any given game, I wouldn't tilt the odds too far away from the Pats, Brady or not.

Second: I think Moss will be contained from acting out personally. He got his contract, is on a team with a shot (less so now) at a title and I just don't see that team or staff letting him unravel things on his own.

Unrelated but on the radio a dicussion was brought up about what could've been had the Packers held onto Favre but given Rogers the start. What would NE be willing to part with to get him? Would they do it? Would Favre agree on what would almost have to be a 1 year deal? It was somehwat interesting.

shally
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
First: in all likelihood you are correct about them being without homefield, but with Indy stuttering out of the gate (and potentially continuing to do so until they figure out how to compensate for Saturday's abscence) and San DIego getting roughed up, the team to beat is (currently) Pitt. That being said, in any given game, I wouldn't tilt the odds too far away from the Pats, Brady or not.

Second: I think Moss will be contained from acting out personally. He got his contract, is on a team with a shot (less so now) at a title and I just don't see that team or staff letting him unravel things on his own.

Unrelated but on the radio a dicussion was brought up about what could've been had the Packers held onto Favre but given Rogers the start. What would NE be willing to part with to get him? Would they do it? Would Favre agree on what would almost have to be a 1 year deal? It was somehwat interesting.

pittsburgh will be left for dead after we finish with them....lol

Moe
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
pittsburgh will be left for dead after we finish with them....lol

Sarcastic rays of sunshine really are the warmest kind :)

csquared
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Sarcastic rays of sunshine really are the warmest kind :)

I think what Shally meant is that they will be so tired from kicking our arse that they will be dead tired. lol

RedskinsDave
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
We need to merge this and the Brady thread, use it for Pats talk and title it "vinegar and water minus a QB"

SorceryatCaesars
09-10-2008, 11:32 PM
cassel has moss and welker - how can he miss?

WarEagle
09-11-2008, 01:26 AM
According to the TV maps, most of the eastern part of the nation will get the CBS late game, Pats vs. Jets. Some of you might get the Baltimore game, instead.

Matt vs. Brett. Oh yes...

SorceryatCaesars
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
matt cassel trivia link:

http://simononsports.blogspot.com/2008/09/matt-cassel-trivia.html

SkinsfaninNJ
09-12-2008, 08:27 AM

By throwing it over their heads or at their feet?

guess88
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM

Welker will catch anything within reach, but you do actually have to aim it at him. Moss you can toss it up in his zipcode and he'll come down with it 90% of the time.

SorceryatCaesars
09-14-2008, 10:55 PM
good day for Matt the Savior.

i stand by my prediction:

Pats will go 12-4.

Cassel will be Super Bowl MVP.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-14-2008, 11:48 PM

Pats will go 12-4.

Keep it up! It's just around the corner! It's been a long and tough season for Cassel, but he has overcome adversity and deserves that MVP title in just... just... 17-18 games...

WarEagle
09-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Welker will catch anything within reach, but you do actually have to aim it at him. Moss you can toss it up in his zipcode and he'll come down with it 90% of the time.

I know, but he dropped one that hit him in the chest and hands on Sunday. A nice Mark Castle throw. I mean Matt Cassell. ;)

It was heartwarming to see the head coaches meet at midfield and give each other a nice handshake. They're such good buddies!

RedskinsDave
09-15-2008, 07:57 AM

Pats will go 12-4.

Stop swimming in the Charles. The pollution is going to your brain.

shally
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Stop swimming in the Charles. The pollution is going to your brain.

still, it was good to see the media finally shut up about Saint Bret-the-Brave

SorceryatCaesars
09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
who is better than belichick in developing young qbs?

RedskinsDave
09-18-2008, 01:41 PM

You're posting on the wrong board. Here you go: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

WarEagle
09-19-2008, 01:52 AM

I think Charlie Weis is the one who turned Brady into a superstar.

CarMike
09-19-2008, 07:19 AM

You do know that Belichick was fired as HC in Cleveland, right?

SorceryatCaesars
09-21-2008, 05:20 PM
bad day for Pats.

but Cassel doesn't play defense - not his fault.

belichick will fix the defense - give him a week.

csquared
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM
bad day for Pats.

Is this Wareagle posting under another name? He made another name so he has 2 people rooting all Boston all the time.

smoak
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
snicker, snicker @ the thread title (although i think cassell will be fine)

WarEagle
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Quick roll call of my Aub Boyz.

Ronnie Brown: Career day.
Jason Campbell: Good day.
Carlos Rodgers: Good day.
Cadillac Williams: Still recovering from injury last season.

skinsfan36
09-21-2008, 07:48 PM
lol not a betting man but vegas screamed for everyone to bet the dolphins i mean pats by 12.5 no way without brady i was right :)

RedskinRyan
09-22-2008, 01:35 AM
38-13

GeneralDisorder
09-22-2008, 02:17 AM
Considering Miami's last three possessions ended Punt, FG, Punt - I'm a tad disappointed they didn't run up the scoreboard...

Farmer Ted
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM

How much Geritol is he going to make them drink this week?

RedskinsDave
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
bad day for Pats.

They suck. He sucks. Boston sucks.

csquared
09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
They suck. He sucks. Boston sucks.

You know your arguing with WarEagle right LOL!

RedskinsDave
09-22-2008, 11:18 AM
You know your arguing with WarEagle right LOL!

They may share a brain but SaC is in Mass.

SorceryatCaesars
10-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Matt showed his potential vs. 49ers.

Pats on target for 12-4, while Skins peak too early.

greatest2
10-10-2008, 03:24 AM

about the pats, that is awfully optimistic at best. they played the niners, maybe not the best thing to gauge the team. you do have the easiest schedule in the NFL, so something like that is not unreasonable, but not because of Matt, because of the schedule defense and BB

the skins, maybe. but with every game you got think that they get a better grip with this new offense, and zorn grows more and more as a play caller and head coach. unless there is a major injury (like a injury to moss, campbell portis fletch landry) i don't see this team playing WORSE then they are now. they may not play better (altho i think they will, it just makes logical sense) i just can't see any logic saying they would play worse at the end of the season then at the beginning giving everything new they have learned, and the fact that they have alot of character on this team, unlike the Cowboys.

greatest2
10-10-2008, 03:27 AM

seriously. the guy is defense. don't confuse haven't good QB's as developing them. he is a defensive guy, not offense. its like giving bill wash credit for developing great Safeties. walsh is offense, he develop the Q, not anything defense.

PyroGenic
10-10-2008, 05:41 AM

You act very much like a troll.

Biggie
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Why are you here again?

redskin_rich
10-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Never get sick of this:

http://stix1972.typepad.com/stix_blog/images/2008/02/03/pats.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/18andchoke

RedskinsDave
10-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Get rid of that clown. We don't need any more Boston douche bags.

InsomniaKiller
10-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Update: Matt Cassel is awful.

guess88
10-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Update: Matt Cassel is awful.

No way. I could've sworn the guy who's been a career back up since hs would've taken the opportunity to prove his old coaches for the past 10 years wrong. Just a fluke game i tell ya.. a fluke!

shally
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
No way. I could've sworn the guy who's been a career back up since hs would've taken the opportunity to prove his old coaches for the past 10 years wrong. Just a fluke game i tell ya.. a fluke!

really bad

the pats are exposed

give_portis_the_rock
10-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Good, I hope they never recover
I'm tired of seeing the same ole teams in the playoffs, time for some new faces

WarEagle
10-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Ouch. Those guys aren't playing for Matt at all. They're getting old, too.

What's up with BB calling a time out with 2 seconds left? He's getting exposed, too.

guess88
10-13-2008, 02:40 AM
Actually, what all this tells me is how damn good Brady really is. I consider him one of the best, if not THE best currently playing, and the Pats without Brady prove it. They went from #1 offense, to crap overnight.

swheeler
10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Actually, what all this tells me is how damn good Brady really is. I consider him one of the best, if not THE best currently playing, and the Pats without Brady prove it. They went from #1 offense, to crap overnight.

Apparently he was their defensive MVP too. Who knew?

shally
10-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Apparently he was their defensive MVP too. Who knew?

their defense has been aging and losing players via free agency (gay, samuel)
the past several years.. also, their drafts havent exactly been stellar either

guess88
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
their defense has been aging and losing players via free agency (gay, samuel)
the past several years.. also, their drafts havent exactly been stellar either

That and he could very well be their defensive MVP, in terms of not letting them see the field. The way their O was playing with Brady, teams would fall so far behind, they'd have to become one dimensional. Now teams can actually stay in it, and turn the tide.

SorceryatCaesars
10-15-2008, 02:13 AM
matt was nervous in front of his west coast fans.

a temporary setback.

he's only just begun.

RedskinsDave
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
matt was nervous in front of his west coast fans.

a temporary setback.

he's only just begun.

You're a troll.

SorceryatCaesars
10-21-2008, 11:51 PM
pats crush broncs.

good day for matt.

on the way to stardom.

greatest2
10-22-2008, 12:28 AM
pats crush broncs.

good day for matt.

on the way to stardom.

:banhim:

im all for people saying what they think, even if i don't believe there is any logic in it but this is crazy. this guy is just on here to say dumb things, doesn't give anything to back it up, and won't discuss with any logical points.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
10-22-2008, 12:46 AM
:banhim:

im all for people saying what they think, even if i don't believe there is any logic in it but this is crazy. this guy is just on here to say dumb things, doesn't give anything to back it up, and won't discuss with any logical points.
As stated earlier: a troll.

Hopefully he gets banned, if not, get used to this stuff every time Cassel completes a pass.

shally
10-22-2008, 12:55 AM
As stated earlier: a troll.

Hopefully he gets banned, if not, get used to this stuff every time Cassel completes a pass.

is there an issue here i am missing ? or is it just generalized, free floating trollery ?

guess88
10-22-2008, 01:52 AM
is there an issue here i am missing ? or is it just generalized, free floating trollery ?

I think it's actually Matt Cassell himself. Or maybe Brady found something to do in his freetime when he's not alone with Giselle. That bastard.

SorceryatCaesars
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
fine game for matt.

pats right on schedule.

tom who?

RedskinsDave
10-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Seriously, someone take out the trash.

akhhorus
10-28-2008, 02:10 PM
fine game for matt.

pats right on schedule.

tom who?

2 Ints and 3 sacks taken is a "fine" game to you? You are just a troll.

shally
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
fine game for matt.

pats right on schedule.

tom who?

what is your issue here ?

AliBabba
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I look forward to his weekly insights Dave. Perhaps due to your Boston-bias you cannot see the value. Go back and read his thoughts, all 3 (2?) of them. It's good stuff.

Keino
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM

Seriously. Especially when one considers that he pimps a book opining that Sugar Ray Leonard didn't beat Marvelous Marvin Hagler fair and square.

guess88
10-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I actually think he's quite funny.. though I'm not sure if I'm laughing at or with him. He does just enough to perturb, but not enough to persecute.

RedskinsDave
10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Seriously. Especially when one considers that he pimps a book opining that Sugar Ray Leonard didn't beat Marvelous Marvin Hagler fair and square.

Is that what that rag is? Ray's a local too. Another reason to ban him.

Keino
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Is that what that rag is? Ray's a local too. Another reason to ban him.

I challenge anyone who is interested to go to youtube and watch all 12 rounds of this fight.

The biggest argument I've heard from Hagler (Boston) fans is that he was walking through Ray's punches. That's great, Punches that land score and the judges don't care whether they hurt or not only that they land.

Ray Dominates the early part of the fight. It is fairly even in the middle and Hagler Dominates the later rounds (Save for the last). He hurt Ray at least once, but Ray did a fantastic job of frustrating Hagler in the 1st 2 mins of the round while stealing it with a flurry in the last minute of the round.

Of course, I am partial to Ray.

SorceryatCaesars
10-31-2008, 05:47 PM
good analysis keino.

but ray didn't win the fight with his fists.

he won it with his mind. and his persona. he was one of the most glamorous athletes of the 80s. he dazzled the public. and he psyched out hagler. all he had to do to win was stay even - or conjure the appearance of staying even. and he did. he was a sorcerer.

any good sports fan from DC should study ray's history - it's brilliant. the hagler fight was the climax of his career.

Keino
11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
good analysis keino.

but ray didn't win the fight with his fists.

The fight I watched he won with his fists.

he won it with his mind. and his persona. he was one of the most glamorous athletes of the 80s. he dazzled the public. and he psyched out hagler. all he had to do to win was stay even - or conjure the appearance of staying even. and he did. he was a sorcerer.

I agree he psyched out Hagler. But Hagler should have never agreed to the larger ring. That is where he lost the fight in my mind. He could not cut-off the ring the way he wanted to and he was clearly frustrated by this fact.

ihatedallas
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Cassel is annoying to watch play. They never let him cut loose...A large percent of his throws are within 10 yards...

He also has whiney animations if he thinks he deserved a call.

SorceryatCaesars
11-06-2008, 09:53 PM
The fight I watched he won with his fists.

I agree he psyched out Hagler. But Hagler should have never agreed to the larger ring. That is where he lost the fight in my mind. He could not cut-off the ring the way he wanted to and he was clearly frustrated by this fact.

that was leonard's genius - he got hagler to agree to the larger ring and larger gloves - and 12 rounds instead of 15 - in exchange for a larger cut of the purse. leonard gave up a few million bucks to tilt the conditions in his favor. he was a 3-1 underdog. all he had to do to win was stay in it and appear competitive.

SorceryatCaesars
11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Cassel is annoying to watch play. They never let him cut loose...A large percent of his throws are within 10 yards...

He also has whiney animations if he thinks he deserved a call.

that's exactly how belichick brought along brady in his first season.

tough loss to the colts - belichick made some dubious decisions.

ihatedallas
11-06-2008, 10:26 PM

Yea, it's probably a way of help in a young qb progress and not make decisions to mess up the game, but it still makes for a frustratign iewing experience.

WarEagle
11-07-2008, 07:55 PM

The only thing Brady needed was the removal of Drew Bledsoe. I'm not sure BB gets any credit for Brady's success. The one pro coach who Tom regularly cites in his development is Charlie Weiss.

The major issue that I have with Matt C. is that he's playing like a mere mortal. Brady's so darn fun to watch - I think lots of fans miss him this season.

Keino
11-07-2008, 08:49 PM
that was leonard's genius - he got hagler to agree to the larger ring and larger gloves - and 12 rounds instead of 15 - in exchange for a larger cut of the purse. leonard gave up a few million bucks to tilt the conditions in his favor. he was a 3-1 underdog. all he had to do to win was stay in it and appear competitive.

This sentence ignores the fact that Ray dominated the first half of the fight. Even if what is emboldened above was all that he had to do (and I don't stipulate to that BTW), he more than surpassed this threshold.

WarEagle
11-09-2008, 02:17 AM
The Pats have their hands full. The next 3 opponents are AFC East teams. The Pats, Bills, & Jets all have identical 5-3 records and are tied for first place in the division. Quite a traffic jam. The Pats play the Bills and Jets at home, then travel to Miami. A defining moment for the 2008 Pattys.

A definite test of Matt's manhood. :eek:

skinsfan36
11-09-2008, 11:33 AM
The Pats have their hands full. The next 3 opponents are AFC East teams. The Pats, Bills, & Jets all have identical 5-3 records and are tied for first place in the division. Quite a traffic jam. The Pats play the Bills and Jets at home, then travel to Miami. A defining moment for the 2008 Pattys.

A definite test of Matt's manhood. :eek:

and the dolphins are 4-4 playing the hapless seahawks today.

SorceryatCaesars
11-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Matt Cassel is the fifth player in NFL history to throw for 400-or-more yards in each of back-to-back games. The other quarterbacks to do that were Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Phil Simms and Billy Volek, but none of them did it, as Cassel did, against division opponents in both games. Cassel became only the second player in the last six seasons (2003-08) to run for a touchdown and throw for 400-or-more yards in the same game; Volek did it in 2004.

give_portis_the_rock
11-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Matt Cassel is the fifth player in NFL history to throw for 400-or-more yards in each of back-to-back games. The other quarterbacks to do that were Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Phil Simms and Billy Volek, but none of them did it, as Cassel did, against division opponents in both games. Cassel became only the second player in the last six seasons (2003-08) to run for a touchdown and throw for 400-or-more yards in the same game; Volek did it in 2004.

Wow, he is in the ranks of those hall of fa-- what? Billy Volek?
Doesnt the fact that he accomplished this cheapen it to some extent (it supports the theory that Cassell is just a flash in the pan)?

I wouldnt brag about that if i was you

guess88
11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Wow, he is in the ranks of those hall of fa-- what? Billy Volek?
Doesnt the fact that he accomplished this cheapen it to some extent (it supports the theory that Cassell is just a flash in the pan)?

I wouldnt brag about that if i was you

Lol... yeah, Volek really brings the prestige of that group down doesn't he? I will say Cassell has seemed to have progressed a bit each game, and is quite a surprise. I bet the Lions make a move for him in the offseason.

BurgundyNGold
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, but he has yet to impregnate a supermodel, so...

SorceryatCaesars
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
giselle was seen leaving the stadium with matt.::)

shally
11-24-2008, 04:18 PM
cassel is making a ton of money for himself for next year

dj_stouty
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I still haven't bought into the Matt Cassel hype. JB and the rest of the hosts kept drueling over his impending contract bonus next year. A bit knee-jerk if you ask me. Yeah, he got 800 yards the last two games, but on 94 passes. Defenses are going to figure him out quickly if they keep up passing so much.

If anything, I believe the kid took way too long to find out that Moss is one of the best friends a QB can have. Pitch it up to him and let him do the job. Not sure why he neglected to do that up until yesterday...

shally
11-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I still haven't bought into the Matt Cassel hype. JB and the rest of the hosts kept drueling over his impending contract bonus next year. A bit knee-jerk if you ask me. Yeah, he got 800 yards the last two games, but on 94 passes. Defenses are going to figure him out quickly if they keep up passing so much.

If anything, I believe the kid took way too long to find out that Moss is one of the best friends a QB can have. Pitch it up to him and let him do the job. Not sure why he neglected to do that up until yesterday...

all true.. still you have to believe that teams who are qb-needy will look past all of that and throw money at him in buckets, or maybe even dump trucks

guess88
11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
all true.. still you have to believe that teams who are qb-needy will look past all of that and throw money at him in buckets, or maybe even dump trucks

L-I-O-N-S

give_portis_the_rock
11-24-2008, 05:25 PM

Also, it's pretty easy for any professional QB to look good playing in New England.

Cassell won't be nearly as good in Minnesota, Detroit, or any of the other teams looking for a quarterback.

Skinreds
11-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Also, it's pretty easy for any professional QB to look good playing in New England.

Cassell won't be nearly as good in Minnesota, Detroit, or any of the other teams looking for a quarterback.

exactly, just wait til hes not with belicheat. O ya and moss or welker. Then its back to pine for you lil boy...

Farmer Ted
11-24-2008, 06:02 PM

I've got a feeling that he's going to be another Scot Mitchell or Steve Bono or Erik Kramer-type of QB who has one good season before becoming a free agent and totally cashes in, then kind of sucks. Maybe he's better than those guys, but he's almost certainly in a much better situation this year than he will be next year, unless the Patriots do something crazy like trade Brady and keep Cassel.

BurgundyNGold
11-24-2008, 06:29 PM

Don't look now but, for the time being anyway, his passer rating is better than JC.

:imshock:

shally
11-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Don't look now but, for the time being anyway, his passer rating is better than JC.

:imshock:

throwing to moss (randy) and welker will do that for a qb...

AliBabba
11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I gotta say I admire this guy (S@C) for his determination. I have no friggin' idea why he came to hR to wave the Matt Cassel flag but he's been doing it since Week 2 and now Cassel has 2 400 yard games in a row. Course the Pats can't lose again till next season for the prediction to come true. Either way, there was no reason to expect anything from Cassel after that first game.

Bravo troll!

Farmer Ted
11-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Savior!

WarEagle
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Damn Steelers fans infested Foxboro! ;)

Moss dropped some critical passes. What a terrible day for him. So what's a QB gonna do?

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
12-01-2008, 11:32 AM
he looked like just another ordinary joe yesterday against that steelers defense.i hate the pats!sorry! after running up the score last year on the skins the way they did i hope they don't ever win again ever!

shally
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
he looked like just another ordinary joe yesterday against that steelers defense.i hate the pats!sorry! after running up the score last year on the skins the way they did i hope they don't ever win again ever!

matt lost some money yesterday, but not that much...

Farmer Ted
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Jeff George was a stud when he got to throw to Randy Moss. Buyer Beware!

ihatedallas
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
This is what happens when you aren't playing the 26th and 30th ranked passing defenses.

Can everyone come back down to earth now? I wonder what dummy team is going to pick up this guy next year. Detroit?

BurgundyNGold
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
This is what happens when you aren't playing the 26th and 30th ranked passing defenses.

Can everyone come back down to earth now? I wonder what dummy team is going to pick up this guy next year. Detroit?
San Francisco. ;)

SorceryatCaesars
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
off day for matt.
his receivers and kickoff returner did not help.

but check out the boston bruins. whoa! 4-1 over the red wings.

we're talking Stanley Cup. first one since bobby orr in 1972.

RedskinsDave
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Seriously, ban this clown.

WarEagle
12-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Matt's dad passed away in L.A. so he's considered "day to day" for the upcoming Oakland game. By coincidence, the Pats have been practicing in San Jose all week, so Matt isn't having to travel across the country for the services.