PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Football

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
This would be a good time to *not* start choking in the spotlight, Rodgers. Mmkay?

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Screw you, Ryan Grant.

PyroGenic
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
meh, they only got a FG out of it.

akhhorus
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice that they gave Dallas a new 25 seconds for no apparent reason since they were running out of time....

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice that they gave Dallas a new 25 seconds for no apparent reason since they were running out of time....

I was just going to ask if anyone could explain that to me.

I'm thinking not.

Good job, refs.

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Patrick Crayton, you are *not* Randle El.

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
There's the play from Romo I was looking for. Immediately after taking a sack to avoid making a bad pass, he throws. . . an awful pass. In the end zone.

Sweet.

HAWGZHEAD
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Horrible pass by Romo lol

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow, amazing job avoiding the sack. It's official, Rodgers > Romo.

(It's official because I say it is, dammit.)

WarEagle
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
On the intercept, TO got knocked on his fanny but still managed to get up and chase down the guy.

whitskins
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Romo's making more mistakes than last year. And if TO goes down he'll fall apart.

HAWGZHEAD
09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Romo's making more mistakes than last year. And if TO goes down he'll fall apart.
Seems like he isn't targeting TO nearly as much as he used to.

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Romo seems to be just running around in the backfield a lot more than necessary.

We get it. You're "mobile." Now clean the mud off your facemask.

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
What in God's name was Green Bay doing on that touchdown run? I swear there was nobody even lined up on that half of the field. Ridiculous.

CarMike
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I need dallass to win. yuck

I'm in a poole at work and me and another guy are tied. He picked GB and I took dallass. I thought they were playing in d.

If dallass loses, i'll be fine with it. But if they win, I'll be happy with the $$$ as well. We'll take care of them next weekend.

PyroGenic
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, I'm glad Romo isn't my QB. I'm starting to think that TO and Witten make him look way better than he is.

InsomniaKiller
09-21-2008, 08:43 PM
I challenge you to name a quarterback who is worse in the red zone this year than Tony Romo.

Think it over.

greatest2
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
what i took from the first half. that Dallas oline is NOT invincible. they can be beaten. and when they are, ROmo is who we thought he was. A average passer. he is just a average QB who has great protection that allows him to get it to playmakers.

If we can some how duplicate the pressure GReen bay has put in the first half, we got a good chance

whitskins
09-21-2008, 09:07 PM
what i took from the first half. that Dallas oline is NOT invincible. they can be beaten. and when they are, ROmo is who we thought he was. A average passer. he is just a average QB who has great protection that allows him to get it to playmakers.

If we can some how duplicate the pressure GReen bay has put in the first half, we got a good chance

Their OL is as close to dominant as I think you're going to get in the NFL right now. The only times Romo is getting pressured is when he holds the ball like an idiot and dances around outside of the pocket forever. I don't see any GB pass rushers getting the edge off the snap. Romo has plenty of time to throw and he's making too many mistakes.

Dallas also rushed for about 150 yards in the first half. Their OL is freaking beast and it pisses me off. Leonard Davis is immovable at guard and Marc Columbo looks like he made a deal with the Devil.

Green Bay's DL is fierce and they are getting handled.

whitskins
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Pacman got burned again. Jesus this guy sucks. Who else is even close to as overrated as he is?

I hope he matches up on Santana all day next week.

Dolla Bill
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Rodgers has a great looking deep ball. He just seems to place it really well.

skinsfan36
09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
culllen jenkins really makes me realize why they traded corey williams

skinsfan36
09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Pacman got burned again. Jesus this guy sucks. Who else is even close to as overrated as he is?

I hope he matches up on Santana all day next week.

his own teammate roy williams lol

skinsfan36
09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
i do have to say columbo vs taylor seems like it favors taylor next week

give_portis_the_rock
09-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Today, Al Michaels compared Marion Barber to Walter Payton, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Mariano Rivera. What's next? Comparisons to Wayne Gretsky and George Gervin?It's also funny how Romo gets credit for **CBS** he's SUPPOSED to do. John Madden: "If you give Romo that much time in the pocket, with the weapons the Cowboys have he's gonna make some plays." Excuse me Mr Madden, but if you give ANY pro quarterback that much time and the pocket, and the Cowboys weapons -- they will make plays. All Romo's "success" does is put into perspective HOW BAD Bledsoe was at that point in his career when he played for Dallass.

ImRickJamesB
09-22-2008, 01:56 AM
I love how this thread totally died once the game was out of hand.... WE LOVE YOU HATERS! The more we win, the more you hate, so loathe us, please!

Almost all the posts were centered around how much Romo sucks, or just how totally overrated and average he is... You guys who are saying that, are just showing your butt :moon2:.... Because if you've watched even a handful of Dallas games over the past couple of years, then you'd know Romo is pretty darn good...

I remember last week, all I heard about, was how bad the Cowboys defense is... Where's all that talk tonight?

I agree that the Dallas offense is loaded with talent, but we'll only go as far as Romo takes us.... And so far, he's taken us to 3-0...

And the O-Line is very good, but even when the protection breaks down, Romo is very illusive....

Romo's not perfect either.... Lately he has been forcing things in the red-zone, he needs to learn that settling for 3, is not the worst thing that can happen... He often gets too greedy, he needs to throw the ball away more...

However, you're only as good as your record, and in his last 20 games, Romo's 16-4... Plus he tied a record tonight, being only the 2nd QB to ever start his career 13-2 on the road, that's impressive...

PyroGenic
09-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Oh I got bored and fell asleep, but believe me, I'd still be talking about how average Romo is if I were still conscious :)

csquared
09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I love how this thread totally died once the game was out of hand.... WE LOVE YOU HATERS! The more we win, the more you hate, so loathe us, please!

Almost all the posts were centered around how much Romo sucks, or just how totally overrated and average he is... You guys who are saying that, are just showing your butt :moon2:.... Because if you've watched even a handful of Dallas games over the past couple of years, then you'd know Romo is pretty darn good...

I remember last week, all I heard about, was how bad the Cowboys defense is... Where's all that talk tonight?

I agree that the Dallas offense is loaded with talent, but we'll only go as far as Romo takes us.... And so far, he's taken us to 3-0...

And the O-Line is very good, but even when the protection breaks down, Romo is very illusive....

Romo's not perfect either.... Lately he has been forcing things in the red-zone, he needs to learn that settling for 3, is not the worst thing that can happen... He often gets too greedy, he needs to throw the ball away more...

However, you're only as good as your record, and in his last 20 games, Romo's 16-4... Plus he tied a record tonight, being only the 2nd QB to ever start his career 13-2 on the road, that's impressive...

He is great in the regular season. What is his postseason record? I forget

LATrueRedskin
09-22-2008, 08:18 AM

This thread died because people have jobs they have to get up in the morning for, and we're not Dallas fans, so we're not going to stay up to watch the entire game.

Dallas is a good team, but they make a ton of mistakes and stupid penalties, Romo included. I'd call them the "best team in football" once they win a playoff game. And not only one, they have to win a couple to be considered the best. Until then, they're just a good team.

BurgundyNGold
09-22-2008, 08:50 AM
This thread died because people have jobs they have to get up in the morning for, and we're not Dallas fans, so we're not going to stay up to watch the entire game.

Dallas is a good team, but they make a ton of mistakes and stupid penalties, Romo included. I'd call them the "best team in football" once they win a playoff game. And not only one, they have to win a couple to be considered the best. Until then, they're just a good team.
Agreed.

However, I will give Rick James his due. After 3 whole weeks, Dallass is one of the best teams in football, by record. So is Buffalo, lol.

Moe
09-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Their OL is as close to dominant as I think you're going to get in the NFL right now. The only times Romo is getting pressured is when he holds the ball like an idiot and dances around outside of the pocket forever. I don't see any GB pass rushers getting the edge off the snap. Romo has plenty of time to throw and he's making too many mistakes.

Dallas also rushed for about 150 yards in the first half. Their OL is freaking beast and it pisses me off. Leonard Davis is immovable at guard and Marc Columbo looks like he made a deal with the Devil.

Green Bay's DL is fierce and they are getting handled.

Agreed. At a minimum, their line creates space for their running game and personally, I think they tend to get too pass happy when they could just keep pounding it. Barber and Jones are a nasty combination; Jones can fly if you give him any space.

It's hard to get pressure on Romo, however I am curious to see what Taylor and Carter can do as Dallas hasn't seen two ends with that much speed . This assumes that they don't hammer them with the run to take that edge off first, which seems unavoidable.

The last two games have shown that TO can be taken out of the game if you know, you actually cover him (cough Philly cough), but Witten is the key. He kills LB's and drags center safety coverage off, which is what opens up TO. The Skins offense needs to keep them off the field as much as possible and score enough to make them more predictable. If not then it allows Dallas' D to bring the heat and while the Skins o-line has been much better these last few weeks they still struggle with the blitz.