PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings For This Week?

ARParr
09-29-2008, 04:34 PM
i'm chomping at the bit. when should we expect these to be posted around the 'net?

smittyskin
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
At least after tonights game I would think.

akhhorus
09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Peter King has us #4.

Ibleedburgundy
09-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Giants
Titans
Steelers (If they win tonight)
Bills
Redskins
Pukes
Buccaneers
Chargers
Panthers
Colts
Jaguars

smoak
09-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Peter King has us #4.

peter king has proven time and time again that he doesn't know football. i give zero weight to his opinions good or bad.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Peter King has us #4.
After the Cowboys (#2). Who we beat. At their place. Convincingly. Yesterday.

GeneralDisorder
09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I have us top 10.

Only if we beat t'Eagles next week can we talk top 5...

Keino
09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Frankly, I don't see how any NFC East team can sit outside of the Top 10.

InsomniaKiller
09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
If we beat Dallas and Philly on the road, back-to-back, we're top 3. No way around it. Last week it was:

1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Eagles

Right now I'm thinking the average will put us at about #6 or 7 for the time being.

The craziest thing about us being 3-1 right now is that the Eagles offense, ranked number 6 in the NFL, is the lowest ranked offense we've faced all year. The worst.

That's nuts.

We've held some powerful offenses in check. If someone says we're top 5 right now, I would have a hard time arguing w/ that. Some will say we are. Most won't.

BigCountry
09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I am far more concerned about how we're going to rank on the score board against Philly Next week. Put the kool-aid down till the bye week, there's a lot of work that needs to be done and you can't afford to take a breath in The East.

guess88
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I am far more concerned about how we're going to rank on the score board against Philly Next week. Put the kool-aid down till the bye week, there's a lot of work that needs to be done and you can't afford to take a breath in The East.

Here, here. Enjoy the victory today, but Phili is no joke, hobbled Westbrook or not. Their D is made to pressure and confuse, and I'm a bit concerned about Springs calf strain. Depending on the severity, those can take much longer than a week to heal, and there's a high chance it'll act up again while he's running.. (happened to me this summer). Great win yesterday though.

smoak
09-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Maybe my top 10 is a bit of a stretch on my part, but not much (I'll sit and look at it later)... But keep in mind that I think it is assinine (sp?) to do a power rankings by saying "team x beat team y so team x must be higher"... It just doesn't work that way in the NFL. My opinion is that power ranking should be very, very slow to adjust barring significant changes (e.g. the loss of Tom Brady). So if you had the Skins around #10 before the season, then great, plop them in the top 10... But if you didn't, then don't overreact to a great division win (just as I would have said don't over react to a tough division loss (which I did b/c it looked so bad)...

I am firmly of the mind that the Redskins DHOULD have beaten the Saints and Cards. The dallass and filthy road tripas are a good test. If we beat the Iggles, then we belong in the top 5 b/c we have sustained a long winning streak including two road wins in the division...

Again, for me it all comes down to not overreacting to 1 or 2 games, and I might have put the Skins a little lower than most... Heck, some predicted 16-0. :D

I'll look at it later as in my head I had the Skins around 11 or 12 without looking at the other teams in the league....

PyroGenic
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, when was the last time we realistically had a chance of being considered a top5 team? I'm happy about that but I hope it doesn't make our players complacent.

Patrick
09-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Wow, when was the last time we realistically had a chance of being considered a top5 team? I'm happy about that but I hope it doesn't make our players complacent.

The fear of fears ...........

Brit'Skin
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM

The scary thing is they could all be in the top 4.

greatest2
09-30-2008, 12:46 AM
peter king has proven time and time again that he doesn't know football. i give zero weight to his opinions good or bad.

i give zero credence to ANY power rankings. its only week 4, we have alot of work to do (especially disciplined in penalties). i didn't believe power rankings when they had us at like 28 or something after the giants, and i don't believe them when they have us at 4. they are as fickle as a hooker with 2 jons wanting her

Biggie
09-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Sportsline has us at 4 and ESPN at 6. Around the five range seems to be the general consensus.

I'd almost rather they put us at 30. This new hype scares me.

Red Bear
09-30-2008, 01:19 PM

I dont think this team will get complacent, i think this team has a lot to prove and is playing with a chip on its shoulder after basically the entire media counted us out as contenders for the NFC East

not the eagles with that ugly loss to chicago, injured players or not

i give zero credence to ANY power rankings.

I agree in not giving them any credence, but theyre fun to read for the most part...

oh, and jeff sagarin of USA Todays power rankings uses some weird mathematical system, but we came out #1 in them

fent
09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Sportsline has us at 4 and ESPN at 6. Around the five range seems to be the general consensus.

I'd almost rather they put us at 30. This new hype scares me.

same here...hopefully Zorn shoots them straight on this like he does when players screw up.

AliBabba
09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
man thats a lot of hype ..... I wouldn't rank us that high but its all so relative. We'll be out of the top 10 again with a bad loss this week

Redskinmayhem
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
they are as fickle as a hooker with 2 jons wanting her

Coach Blache, is that you!?!?!?

lol...sounds like something he would say hahahaha

give_portis_the_rock
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
After the Cowboys (#2). Who we beat. At their place. Convincingly. Yesterday.

LMAO
Very interesting indeed

BigCountry
09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Weren't we having some of these same conversations going into a home game against a "struggling" division team early last year? Did we blow that game? Did the winner of that game ride the momentum anywhere?

Word of the week:

CHILL

tbfoster1
10-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Here is a site that is an average of a bunch of power rankings. There are links over to the right where you can go to each site and view them seperately if you want and read the comments

http://nflpowerranks.com/?p=230

shally
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
given that most of the afc teams are worse this year (philly clobbered the steelers) we are definitely a top 3 or 4 team...realistically behind the giants and titans who are still undefeated, but not many other teams (especially the f***** cowboys !!!)

RedskinRyan
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
The craziest thing about us being 3-1 right now is that the Eagles offense, ranked number 6 in the NFL, is the lowest ranked offense we've faced all year. The worst.
That's nuts.

Wow, that is insane. And yet the lowest amount of points we've allowed in a game(16), is the game we lost.

AliBabba
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
ESPN Power Rankings are out and we are .... no. THREE

I don't know how to feel about this. I am starting to worry a bit about playing flat one of the next three weeks. If NY or Ten lose at any point during that stretch we are going to be move up, if both to no. 1.

Tennesee plays Indy and GB during that stretch while the Gints play Pittsburgh the week before we do. NY's final 10 games have got to be the toughest in the league ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=6

SimplyZ
10-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm happy but i think everyone is afraid of coming out flat against a team in these next 3 weeks

However, we showed on sunday that we can rebound from a rough 1st quarter.

Nothing wrong with being at the top...but we all know when it matters most to be #1

tbfoster1
10-07-2008, 05:16 PM

I don't know how to feel about this. I am starting to worry a bit about playing flat one of the next three weeks. If NY or Ten lose at any point during that stretch we are going to be move up, if both to no. 1.

Tennesee plays Indy and GB during that stretch while the Gints play Pittsburgh the week before we do. NY's final 10 games have got to be the toughest in the league ...

I don't think we will. There have been so many situations where I've thought we were about to see the Redskins football we've been accustomed to seeing all these years...blowing leads, folding etc...but it hasn't happened.

I'm seriously considering letting the guard I've built up over these years come down some and just enjoy whats going on. For instance, I know that in a couple of threads there is alot of talk about not sleeping on these next 3 games. And I agree, the "Team" should not sleep on these games. But as a fan...as far as I am concerned we are going to be 7-1. That very well may not happen but the only person I would be hurting thinking that way is myself.

HanburgerBum
10-07-2008, 05:34 PM

I really don't see the Titans as No. 2. They really haven't played any of the really tough teams yet. Tenn has a nice defense, but that defense hasn't been meeting the top offensive teams in the League like the Skins defense has.

greatest2
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I really don't see the Titans as No. 2. They really haven't played any of the really tough teams yet. Tenn has a nice defense, but that defense hasn't been meeting the top offensive teams in the League like the Skins defense has.

agreed. but hard to argue with perfection. they can't control there schedual anymore then we can. its like if we win these next few games we drop in the standings because another team won 3 in a row against tougher foes.

like i said, yea they aint play anybody, and neither have the giants (except us of course), but can't knock them for that. at least not yet

AliBabba
10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
agreed. but hard to argue with perfection. they can't control there schedual anymore then we can. its like if we win these next few games we drop in the standings because another team won 3 in a row against tougher foes.

like i said, yea they aint play anybody, and neither have the giants (except us of course), but can't knock them for that. at least not yet
If neither team loses over the next 3 weeks and we're 7-1 and they're 7-0, but both riding 7 game win streaks I bet we're ranked ahead of them.... not that it matters at all of course cuz its just power rankings, midseason ones at that.

HanburgerBum
10-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Of course, it is not Tenn's fault that it has not played any really tough team yet. But, the fact remains that it is quite possible that Tenn's "perfect" record is a bubble. The Titans were all but beaten by a mediocre Ravens team this past Sunday until the refs intervened with an absurd "roughing the passer call" on 3rd down that prolonged Tenn's winning TD drive.

And, the Giants did decisively beat a very good Redskins team. So, there is no question the Giants record is more impressive than the Titans'. For that matter, I think Tenn would have trouble finishing as high as 4th if it played in the NFC East with the Skins, Cowboys, Giants and Eagles.

HanburgerBum
10-07-2008, 07:57 PM
If neither team loses over the next 3 weeks and we're 7-1 and they're 7-0, but both riding 7 game win streaks I bet we're ranked ahead of them.... not that it matters at all of course cuz its just power rankings, midseason ones at that.

I really don't see the logic why the Giants at 7-0 would be ranked by the experts below the Skins at 7-1. True, Wash has beaten Dallas in Dallas and Philly in Philly. But, the Giants decisively beat the Skins already and are also the defending SB champs. Why would the national sports media rate the Skins ahead at that point?

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-07-2008, 07:58 PM
#3 sounds about right.....although I liked it better when we were #23.

AliBabba
10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I really don't see the logic why the Giants at 7-0 would be ranked by the experts below the Skins at 7-1. True, Wash has beaten Dallas in Dallas and Philly in Philly. But, the Giants decisively beat the Skins already and are also the defending SB champs. Why would the national sports media rate the Skins ahead at that point?
I was talking about Tennessee who's on bye this week and I felt we'd be ranked ahead of them based on the level of competition ... we won't and shouldn't be ranked higher than the Giants anywhere until we beat them or they lose against a lesser opponent

ldsdbomber
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Dr. Z has us ranked at #2 :-)

smoak
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM

No way the Eagles are top 10 right now. Sorry, but they are having soem major issues.

give_portis_the_rock
10-08-2008, 11:12 PM
No way the Eagles are top 10 right now. Sorry, but they are having soem major issues.

I would argue that the Boys shouldnt either

colkurtz
10-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Who would have predicted we'd be in the Top 5 at this part of the season?

Only the biggest homers. I wasn't one of them.

Zorn is coaching too well to let these guys get complacent. I'm more worried about our penalties or dropped balls at the worst times. If we can fix this problem we'd be adding 7 points to every game.

Patrick
10-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Who would have predicted we'd be in the Top 5 at this part of the season?
Only the biggest homers. I wasn't one of them.

Zorn is coaching too well to let these guys get complacent. I'm more worried about our penalties or dropped balls at the worst times. If we can fix this problem we'd be adding 7 points to every game.

I'll be honest ...... I wasn't seeing for awhile, AND I mean years..
AND I still feel this team has many area that need major improvement. ....... I'm totally stun right now ....... BUT IT'S A GOOD THING

Axegrinder
10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Fox has us at #2.

http://http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings