PDA

View Full Version : In the news... with Travis Henry

WinnpegSkinsFan
10-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Busted for a cocaine deal:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b472b2&template=without-video&confirm=true

I don't think he had much chance of ever getting reinstated but this seals it now. Guess he had to feed those 9 kids from 9 different women somehow.

guess88
10-01-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b472b2&template=without-video&confirm=true

I don't think he had much chance of ever getting reinstated but this seals it now. Guess he had to feed those 9 kids from 9 different women somehow.

Somewhere, in some town, models and ad execs are crying.

shally
10-01-2008, 02:01 PM

all those babies are gonna go hungry...

CarMike
10-01-2008, 05:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3620176
DENVER -- Former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry has been arrested following an alleged cocaine deal, the Drug Enforcement Administration said Wednesday.

Henry and James Mack were arrested a day earlier after the two met to buy cocaine from a person who was cooperating with authorities, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Mack and Henry were in federal custody on suspicion of knowingly and intentionally conspiring to distribute and possess with intent to distribute cocaine. A preliminary hearing and detention hearing were scheduled for Monday.

It was not immediately known whether either man had an attorney. Harvey Steinberg, who has represented Henry in the past, did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

The case has its roots in Montana, where a trooper and DEA agent stopped a car that was carrying six pounds of marijuana and about three kilograms of cocaine on Sept. 16, the affidavit said.

A passenger in the car, whose name was not disclosed in the affidavit, told authorities Mack and Henry had supplied him with the drugs, which he was supposed to deliver to customers in Billings. The man said he was supposed to be paid $5,000 for delivering the drugs and transporting about $63,600 in sales proceeds to Henry, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit indicated that separately, the passenger and another customer in Billings already owed Henry about $40,000 in drug proceeds. The passenger told authorities Henry had threatened him and his family over the debt.

The passenger agreed to cooperate with authorities and set up a drug deal Tuesday with Henry that led to the arrests of Mack and Henry, the affidavit said.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan declined comment Wednesday, saying it wouldn't be fair to say anything until he knew the facts of the case.

Henry was released from the Broncos on June 2, when Shanahan said his commitment was lacking.

PyroGenic
10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Holy crap. Child support to 12 kids with different moms must be expensive.

AliBabba
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Holy crap. Child support to 12 kids with different moms must be expensive.
I believe its 14 kids as of last week but dont quote me .....

Mike, I think there's already a thread for this too

EDIT: Now 15 kids

EDIT (2): Now 16

Booser
10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
So how long does a responsible, upstanding young citizen like Henry have to wait until the Cowboys offer him a deal?

CarMike
10-01-2008, 07:49 PM

Oops. My bad. Thanks Ali.

Merged.

JasonCampbell
10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
What a terrible, terrible person.

redskin_rich
10-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Just a little perspective: he is now facing life in jail (probably end doing 10 years) and his monetary take for his involvement with this drug shipment was probably less then one game check from his last contract.

skinsfan36
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
what an idiot

CNYSkinFan
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
So how long does a responsible, upstanding young citizen like Henry have to wait until the Cowboys offer him a deal?
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccceeeeeeeee

shally
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM

the bengals seem a better fit ...oops, coke and not booze.. my bad.. never mind, dallas it is..

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-02-2008, 03:37 PM

WTH?? Are you serious? I thought it was 12? :whoknows:

CarMike
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
WTH?? Are you serious? I thought it was 12? :whoknows:

I think Ali was making a funny. With every passing minute the count keeps going up. lol

At least that's what I took from it.

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I think Ali was making a funny. With every passing minute the count keeps going up. lol

At least that's what I took from it.
LOL! Now that makes sense. I wouldv'e gotten that normally, but you never know with a dude who has 12 kids by nine different women. You'd think he'd make good use of a few trash bags, saran wrap, somethin.....lol

dj_stouty
10-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe jail time will be the best contraception for the guy.

skinsfan36
10-02-2008, 04:31 PM
was he selling to ricky williams?lol