PDA

View Full Version : Mike Nolan Fired

shally
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
www.espn.com is reporting the unconfirmed rumor that mike nolan, head coach of the niners will be fired after the coming game against seattle.
that would be leading into the bye week.
espn is saying nolan would be replaced by assistant HC mike singletary

nolan is a tool and a poor excuse for a HC. the only question is why it took them so long ? he has a year and a half left on his contract...

RedSkinBrit
10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Writings been on the wall.

shally
10-20-2008, 06:12 PM
gonna be a very bloody year for nfl head coaches

marv lewis, brad childress, on hot seats.. dungy and holmgren sailing off on their own terms.. you never know about andy reid's desire to continue.
marinelli is vulnerable. wade phillips looks doomed.. lot's of blood in the water

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Excuse me but.......

http://www.emmanuelebassi.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/nelson_ha_ha.jpg

And.....

http://www.marinaicecream.com/images/BREY%20VANILLA%20PLUS.GIF

shally
10-20-2008, 06:13 PM
yup... lots of vanilla...

akhhorus
10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Fox sports is saying that Nolan has been fired tonight.

And ice cream wise....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f7/Golden_gaytime_box.jpg/180px-Golden_gaytime_box.jpg

(thats real btw, its in Australia)

JoeJacksonTaylor28
10-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Bad news.... I was hoping for him to be there when we played them. The 49ers have just improved vastly! Lol

Keino
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Anyone think Snyder will ship him some Vanilla? The dude has ripped every chance he got so I wouldn't put it past ole Danny Boy to do something like that......

LMAO Rach!

shally
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyone think Snyder will ship him some Vanilla? The dude has ripped every chance he got so I wouldn't put it past ole Danny Boy to do something like that......

LMAO Rach!

could happen...

i can think of a few more appropriate things that snyder could ship him...

shally
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Bad news.... I was hoping for him to be there when we played them. The 49ers have just improved vastly! Lol

thought about that.. we caught the rams at the wrong time.. fortunately, we dont catch the niners until late..

LATrueRedskin
10-20-2008, 07:52 PM
He should have worried more about his football team instead of crying about being allowed to wear a suit during games.

shally
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
He should have worried more about his football team instead of crying about being allowed to wear a suit during games.

in a couple of days, he can wear all the suits he wants to, all the time...yup, the second ****** coming of george halas, he was..............................................N OT

akhhorus
10-20-2008, 08:01 PM
in a couple of days, he can wear all the suits he wants to, all the time...yup, the second ****** coming of george halas, he was..............................................N OT

He'll be sitting at home, wearing a suit from the top up, eating directly out of a tub of vanilla ice cream.

Biggie
10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
This is one of the best threads we've had in a while. Later Nolan.

shally
10-20-2008, 09:07 PM
confirmed by mort on espn

singletary the new head coach.. i wouldnt want to be the def player who messes up and comes to the bench.. or worse yet, takes a few plays off....

shally
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
He'll be sitting at home, wearing a suit from the top up, eating directly out of a tub of vanilla ice cream.

sounds like buster douglas...

SkinsfaninNJ
10-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I like the Singletary hire. He should bring a healthy dose of fear.

skinsfan36
10-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I like the Singletary hire. He should bring a healthy dose of fear.

wasnt there a rep from his interviews that he was too soft to be a head coach(doesnt seem soft to me sure wasnt as a player)

Dept_of_Defense
10-21-2008, 12:35 AM
I think that this was the best thing that could've happened to the Niners. Singletary is a great coaching prospect and he's done an outstanding job with their linebacking corps. The players will have more respect for him because they know how he played the game.

Rogers_Redskins
10-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Awesome move by the Niners, Singletary is one of my all time favorite players. He should be a great Head Coach.

Moe
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Somewhere (well Raleigh actually) Bill Cowher is sitting back, comfortably smiling and pumping his fist while making 'cha-ching!' sounds.

Not totally related, but in watching the Seattle/Tampa game the other night I couldn't help but wonder how many/if any Seattle coaches make the cross country trip to DC once Mora Jr. takes over. It would seem that the only potential coach that would leave is Blache (hope he sticks for another year) but could be something to ponder.

LATrueRedskin
10-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Altered the title of the thread because it is no longer in question.

guess88
10-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Somewhere (well Raleigh actually) Bill Cowher is sitting back, comfortably smiling and pumping his fist while making 'cha-ching!' sounds.

Not totally related, but in watching the Seattle/Tampa game the other night I couldn't help but wonder how many/if any Seattle coaches make the cross country trip to DC once Mora Jr. takes over. It would seem that the only potential coach that would leave is Blache (hope he sticks for another year) but could be something to ponder.

I remember there were rumors about this during the summer, but do you really think he'd leave? He's doing such a fantastic job as the DC, and he even seems to be having fun out there, and this unit believes in him. Unless he gets a good HC offer, or decides to retire, I think he'll be around for a while (I sincerely hope so at least.)

smoak
10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Good. I never cared for MN. I think I'll celebrate over a bowl of ice cream.