View Full Version : Peter King picks Detroit

give_portis_the_rock
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
This is the best news we've had in a while
He's always wrong with his Skins picks

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/peter_king

Biggie
10-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I hope everyone picks Detroit. In fact, I hope everyone picks against us for the rest of the season.

shally
10-23-2008, 12:39 PM
guy is an idiot...

there are several reasons why this team is not the rams:

they are still being coached by the same HC that has them playing poorly

they are playing in front of a smaller crowd because there is no blackout

they have an unproven, inconsistent young qb

they have the same o line we shredded the last time we played them (watch carter have a huge game)

they dumped thir most talented wideout this month.. it is not lost on players that the front office is collecting draft picks for this off season's re tooling

they have no one potentially dominating on the d line since rogers was dealt

we have laid an egg against one winless team already this year-- it wont happen again. this team has too much pride and wont get surprised a second time

we always seem to play well against detroit.. just seem to for no particular reason over the years..

so, as always, on any given sunday... still, i think the chances are far higher of us blowing them totally away, than losing to them..

by the way, he also picks the cowboys to beat tampa without romo.. as said, king is an IDIOT

wide_awake
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Peter King is a tool.

"But I've had pretty good luck with the upset recently -- Miami over San Diego, St. Louis over Dallas"

Yeah anyone can have good luck with upsets if you pick a lot of them and list your few successful ones after the fact.

Anyone have a list of King's past picks? His successful pick percentage has to be average at best.

shally
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Peter King is a tool.

"But I've had pretty good luck with the upset recently -- Miami over San Diego, St. Louis over Dallas"

Yeah anyone can have good luck with upsets if you pick a lot of them and list your few successful ones after the fact.

Anyone have a list of King's past picks? His successful pick percentage has to be average at best.

i would love to know how much REAL MONEY king would be willing to wager on the lions winning straight up ??

Lavar703
10-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Ive come to expect things like this from Peter King. He does it because he loves the negative feedback he gets from Redskins nation. He knows Detroit has no chance, but its too obvious for him to pick the redskins, this way he stirs crap up and gets hits on his page.

TrueOracle
10-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Friends shouldn't let friends smoke crack rock and spew cracktimonials.... I guess that assumes you have friends though, right? My bad

Sweepea436
10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
And a guy on the Lions board saw the Lions first victory of the season -- on Madden 08........... We shouldn't even make the trip........

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I'll take it.......:beer:

SkinsfaninNJ
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I have to say I was getting worried about this game because the talk was similar to before the Rams game about they are a team going nowhere with no hope, and the Lions fans just like the Rams fans were buying in.

I'm glad to see some Lions fans say we're not very good (in the other thread), and very glad to see an expert say we won't win. I like when we have something to prove.

Ibleedburgundy
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Fine by me. In fact I prefer it this way. Put it on the bulletin board.

give_portis_the_rock
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I have to say I was getting worried about this game because the talk was similar to before the Rams game about they are a team going nowhere with no hope, and the Lions fans just like the Rams fans were buying in.

I'm glad to see some Lions fans say we're not very good (in the other thread), and very glad to see an expert say we won't win. I like when we have something to prove.

Yeah I was glad too
Especially that one dude that said Jason Campbell is a bottom 8 starting quarterback :)

chicago_skinz_fan
10-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Who cares what other fans think and if they think their team is going to lose or not? The only motivation the players are going to need is to think back on how awful the game against the Rams was. This isn't a trap game, we had our trap game against the Rams and lost. If we lose against the Lions it isn't cause we were trapped, it was because our players don't have a killer instinct yet.

We should come out firing on all cylinders early and set the tone in this game. I would love to see Zorn go with a play action pass nice and early to Cooley on a deep slant or Moss deep and have a nice gain to get the ball rolling.

skinsfaninva
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
King is a Cowboy loving tool. Plain and simple. The guy picks Dallas to win because if they don't things will explode. What a moron.

skinsfaninva
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Who cares what other fans think and if they think their team is going to lose or not? The only motivation the players are going to need is to think back on how awful the game against the Rams was. This isn't a trap game, we had our trap game against the Rams and lost. If we lose against the Lions it isn't cause we were trapped, it was because our players don't have a killer instinct yet.

We should come out firing on all cylinders early and set the tone in this game. I would love to see Zorn go with a play action pass nice and early to Cooley on a deep slant or Moss deep and have a nice gain to get the ball rolling.

As someone said earlier. No. St. Louis had a new HC and vetern QB. Detriot has the same coach that hasn't done anything and a bad QB.

smoak
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Yawn.

guess88
10-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Snore.

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-23-2008, 07:13 PM
As someone said earlier. No. St. Louis had a new HC and vetern QB. Detriot has the same coach that hasn't done anything and a bad QB.
And none of the above helped them win that game--the Redskins did, :doh: lol.

SkinsfaninNJ
10-23-2008, 07:39 PM

This is my personal mental issue. I don't expect it to have an effect on the team except in my own mind. :D

skinsfan36
10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
good get the team fired up to blow out the lions for a second yr in a row

greatest2
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
doesn't surprise me. him holding monk out caught him alot of crap from skins fans.

i think its fair to say the bridge has been burned for awhile and we should expect no love from him, even if it is deserved.

for that, i pay no attention to him. i will pay more attention to somebody who said the lions would win but had good reasons. unlike king who says dallas is better because they would beat us on a neutral field, even tho we dominated them at there place. funny how neutral is all of a sudden better then homefield. Again i put no stock in what he says, he just doesn't like the skins cause of what we as fans gavec him for being an idiot and not letting monk in.

give_portis_the_rock
10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
doesn't surprise me. him holding monk out caught him alot of crap from skins fans.

i think its fair to say the bridge has been burned for awhile and we should expect no love from him, even if it is deserved.

for that, i pay no attention to him. i will pay more attention to somebody who said the lions would win but had good reasons. unlike king who says dallas is better because they would beat us on a neutral field, even tho we dominated them at there place. funny how neutral is all of a sudden better then homefield. Again i put no stock in what he says, he just doesn't like the skins cause of what we as fans gavec him for being an idiot and not letting monk in.

And whatever they said to him (well, anything not involving death threats lol), he deserved. How can you snub Art Monk EVERY TIME?

sinskin
10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
He has been to gracious to us this year as is. No hate mail from us thus far and his rating as a reporter is probably low... this said he needs some hits and this is the best way to do it.... makes sense.

The Force is in complete turmoil and the Dark Side will prevail if the entire Skins fanbase is not hating on King.

brettsky991
10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
guy is an idiot...

there are several reasons why this team is not the rams:

they are still being coached by the same HC that has them playing poorly

they are playing in front of a smaller crowd because there is no blackout

they have an unproven, inconsistent young qb

they have the same o line we shredded the last time we played them (watch carter have a huge game)

they dumped thir most talented wideout this month.. it is not lost on players that the front office is collecting draft picks for this off season's re tooling

they have no one potentially dominating on the d line since rogers was dealt

we have laid an egg against one winless team already this year-- it wont happen again. this team has too much pride and wont get surprised a second time

we always seem to play well against detroit.. just seem to for no particular reason over the years..

so, as always, on any given sunday... still, i think the chances are far higher of us blowing them totally away, than losing to them..

by the way, he also picks the cowboys to beat tampa without romo.. as said, king is an IDIOT

At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to start trouble, they have laid 2 eggs. Giant's and Ram's. Pretty short sided analysis by PK. Good luck in vegas Peter.

I hope they (whoever that is) continue to pick against he Skins. We all know better.

LATrueRedskin
10-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Fine with me.

FanFromArizona
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/News___Notes__Favored_Or_Not__Redskins_Heed_Lesson _25847.jsp

is about all I have to say.

cal_junior
10-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Good luck in vegas Peter.

I'm not sure what about the Skins' first 7 games makes you think picking them to get upset would be a bad play in Vegas. I hope it changes
on Sunday, but the Skins have yet to put a team away before the final posession, and have had to fade game-tying and game-winning field goals against the two worst teams on the schedule.

The Skins to this point have yet to prove they can blow anybody out, and until they do picking them to lose against anyone isn't crazy. There's a reason they're only a 7.5-point favorite against an atrocious team they've historically owned.

And PK's coverage of the Skins has been pretty positive this year. He had tons of praise for JC and picked us to be a Wild Card team when many had us fourth in the East.

I'm hoping for 42-7, but until it happens I can't get worked up over anybody picking us to lose.

HanburgerBum
10-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I think Peter King picked the Cowboys to win the SB this year. Right now, Dallas is not looking good. To protect his predictions, PK needs to have the Skins lose and the Cowboys win this Sunday.

Hey, I am glad King picked the Lions. If the Wash players weren't motivated before this, they definitely should be now.

shally
10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I think Peter King picked the Cowboys to win the SB this year. Right now, Dallas is not looking good. To protect his predictions, PK needs to have the Skins lose and the Cowboys win this Sunday.

Hey, I am glad King picked the Lions. If the Wash players weren't motivated before this, they definitely should be now.

king also picked the cowboys over the bucs this week..

brettsky991
10-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure what about the Skins' first 7 games makes you think picking them to get upset would be a bad play in Vegas. I hope it changes
on Sunday, but the Skins have yet to put a team away before the final posession, and have had to fade game-tying and game-winning field goals against the two worst teams on the schedule.

The Skins to this point have yet to prove they can blow anybody out, and until they do picking them to lose against anyone isn't crazy. There's a reason they're only a 7.5-point favorite against an atrocious team they've historically owned.

And PK's coverage of the Skins has been pretty positive this year. He had tons of praise for JC and picked us to be a Wild Card team when many had us fourth in the East.

I'm hoping for 42-7, but until it happens I can't get worked up over anybody picking us to lose.

All fair points. the Lions are just ...well bad, but so were the Rams we thought. My point was if they want to continue to be considered to be a good team, they have to win these games. It seams a bit of a reach to pick Detroit, but I understand your points.

I agree with your 42-7 comment.

Dept_of_Defense
10-25-2008, 12:54 AM
King is a ding-a-ling.

lorimike
10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Ive come to expect things like this from Peter King. He does it because he loves the negative feedback he gets from Redskins nation. He knows Detroit has no chance, but its too obvious for him to pick the redskins, this way he stirs crap up and gets hits on his page.<<<<

Matters a heck of a lot more who wins the games than some pundits picks.