PDA

View Full Version : already looking forward to next week's game...

LadyNRedskinsfan
09-28-2003, 07:25 PM
......i always cant wait to see the skins and eagles play. but this is a very important game as far as the divisional race goes. the eagles finally have some confidence after beating the bills today and will come to this game fired up to get back into the hunt. now that i think about it, our lack of a pass rush may help us contain mcnabb next week. their receivers arent gonna beat champ and smoot. i dont know about you all but i cant wait for this game!

Emmanouel8
09-28-2003, 07:31 PM
We need a division game. I like our chances defensively if Edwards never calls the prevent again. How'd they look against the Bills today?

Spence
09-28-2003, 07:31 PM
They kicked our asses twice last year. The Skins will have to play better than they have in their first four games this year, just to have a decent chance to win.

LadyNRedskinsfan
09-28-2003, 07:39 PM
this is clearly a better team than last years and the eagles, because of FA losses and injuries are not the same team they were last year. i think this will yet another close game for the skins. E8, they looked alright today. i didnt see the whole game but they did have a good game on the ground. westbrook had a long run at the end that solidified the win so the numbers will be skewed. buffalo only had 21 yards to the eagles 177. no travis henry doesnt help. mcnabb looked better, not great. the defense was good although moulds had a field day. hopefully ramsey will have a repeat performance of his last game against the eagles (with better personnel this time).

Emmanouel8
09-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Moulds having a field day is good news for our passing game next week. I'm just worried about their pass-rush getting to Ramsey, he took some serious shoots to his shoulder today.

SkinsKY
09-28-2003, 08:59 PM
The Eagles may rebound, but they are not the same team they were last year. However, they do have a history of beating us soundly, but I think this game should as difficult as the Pats game SHOULD have been. Play it smart, keep running to slow the blitz, and hopefully Ramsey completes more passes.

JoeDaSchmoe
09-28-2003, 09:09 PM
I'm optimistic about it. Catiously optimistic, but still optimistic.

Skinsfan1906
09-28-2003, 09:17 PM
I dunno about this one. I'm concerned that we didn't have a better showing against the Pats. We should have EASILY won this game. Yes Bellichik is a heck of a schemer......but schemes alone don't bring about success.....players do. I STILL can't believe that we game up about 400 yards to the battered Pats. I too saw the Philly/Bills game, and the Eagles DOMINATED THE BILLS (IMO). I expect this to be a tough one. IT ALL DEPENDS ON IF OUR DEFENSE SHOWS UP, OR NOT.

Texas Skin
09-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey we could beat Eagles has long has we don't have a ton of penalties............ So maybe I'm wrong, we can't beat the Eagles.

Actually don't the Eagles hate their new home stadium? Time to go in there and turn it out.

4-1 BABY!!!

JoeDaSchmoe
09-28-2003, 09:26 PM
If we don't run the damn prevent we'll do better.

GR_Eagle
09-28-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm worried about the redskins game for sure. Four tough teams to start the season:eek:

If Bobby Taylor is out I see an easy redskins win due to the fantastic passing game of the redskins. I think it will be a close game otherwise but it will be a tough game to win. I can see Wash. winning by a field goal.:smash:

JoeDaSchmoe
09-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by GR_Eagle
I'm worried about the redskins game for sure. Four tough teams to start the season:eek:

If Bobby Taylor is out I see an easy redskins win due to the fantastic passing game of the redskins. I think it will be a close game otherwise but it will be a tough game to win. I can see Wash. winning by a field goal.:smash:

Wait... wait... this can't be an Eagles fan speaking.

GR_Eagle
09-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JoeDaSchmoe
Wait... wait... this can't be an Eagles fan speaking.

Well, the offense still struggled to a certain extent today. A late td run made the score wider than it was but McNabb still missed some open guys. Hopefully they can put it all together next week. I've been impressed with the redskins offense so far and I don't think Philly can win a shootout if it gets to that.

Our d needs to play well again next week.

LavarLeap2003
09-28-2003, 11:50 PM
well atleast we got some R.E.S.P.E.C.T, thats all i ever wanted, and a superbowl :)

Patrick
09-29-2003, 06:37 AM
WARNING.... WARNING...... WARNING......WARNING
Play like we did yesterday and WE WILL LOSE!!!!

GolfFreak
09-29-2003, 07:18 AM
I'm really shocked that I didn't see one explicative from that Eagles fan!!! Iíve seen first hand when the iggles infest FedEx field and all the fights that break out. Needless to say Iím impressed.

Anyway, Iím happy the eagles won yesterday and wonít be looking for their first win against us this week. I think we can pull it out if we donít beat ourselves Ė meaning: donít use the prevent defense and as SS would say ďtry to play within the rulesĒ.

Oh, and for our receivers Ė make sure after catching the ball in bounds to take like 10 steps, make a ďup fieldĒ move, and donít drop the ball after taking 10 steps out-of-bounds.

dj_stouty
09-29-2003, 08:16 AM
Well...if the real Donovan McNabb shows up, we could be in trouble.

PennSkinsFan
09-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Your right Patrick, but i don't think they will play like that two weeks in a row. Eagles are not the same team, nor are the Redskins, so throw last season out the door.

AGibbsGirl
09-29-2003, 08:42 AM
We need a win in our division.

NamVet4
09-29-2003, 09:23 AM
History favors the Eagles off a bye week, they are 4 - 0!
However, this ain't you momma's "Igles" - that was evident if you watched parts of the game yesterday - Thank you NFL Sunday Ticket -
2 concerns:
#1 - protect Ramsey - he can't take a beating - its begining to show.
#2 - Defense has got to step up - another week of big improvement is needed.
And, for Coach Edwards- the conservative prevent defense - learn when and when not to use it.
My 2 cents.

Emmanouel8
09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
We should have beat the pats by more but the score was 20-3 at one point and 20-10 when we went to the prevent. We play defense more aggressively our offense would have worn their defense out for a more lucrative victory...

TexSkin
09-29-2003, 11:49 AM
GR-Eagle is right if Bobby Taylor does not play that will be a huge impact on the game.

Spence
09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Patrick
WARNING.... WARNING...... WARNING......WARNING
Play like we did yesterday and WE WILL LOSE!!!! Amen.

truant
09-29-2003, 01:41 PM
We played just barely good enough to win yesterday. Of course we'd all be a lot happier with a blowout win so we wouldn't have to worry at the end of games, but at least this team is learning how to WIN. That's most important. Being dominant takes a little more time.

They cut the penalties and had a plus 4 turnover ratio. If we do that against the Eagles, we'll win.

DallasSux
09-29-2003, 03:31 PM
i am happy that we are 3-1 and in the first place in NFC east. i know we can beat the eagles. i have a feeling that next week will be our best game of the season.

Skinzaholic
09-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Dont worry everyone... I will be at that game... if things get ugly I will do the naked-streak across the 50 and jump on McNabb.

NamVet4
09-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Skinzaholic
Dont worry everyone... I will be at that game... if things get ugly I will do the naked-streak across the 50 and jump on McNabb.

That would be worth the price of admission alone!!
:smash:
:lol1: