PDA

View Full Version : Soft Batch part Duex?

NCskinsfanatic
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Free agent Shaun Alexander is working out in New Jersey in hopes of re-signing with the Redskins.

Alexander, 32 in August, just wants a shot for the minimum pay. "I think that if a team gave me a shot, I think that they would be so pleased," he said. "They would feel like they got a ticket to have somebody that could play really, really well for nothing. I think that would shock a lot of people."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2009220582_shaun_alexander_15.html?syndication=rss

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Dear God. Please no.

Keino
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
See, I don't mind it if he comes in, competes at training camp and earns a spot. Yea, I dislike his game and think he's soft, but much of my outrage last year was directed at the fact that we needed IMMEDIATE help and we sign him knowing it would take weeks for him to remotely resemble football shape while Mason was sitting on the Ravens Practice squad, in football shape and with a fundamental understanding of the Offense, having spent the entire off-season learning it.

Skinz4lyfe
05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Good luck Keebler. Frankly I believe he's done. Too many other serviceable backs out there.

NCskinsfanatic
05-14-2009, 06:38 PM
See, I don't mind it if he comes in, competes at training camp and earns a spot. Yea, I dislike his game and think he's soft, but much of my outrage last year was directed at the fact that we needed IMMEDIATE help and we sign him knowing it would take weeks for him to remotely resemble football shape while Mason was sitting on the Ravens Practice squad, in football shape and with a fundamental understanding of the Offense, having spent the entire off-season learning it.

I'm suprised you are still not against it though Keino lol. I understand the differences in the situation now versus last year and I guess it would be ok to bring him in for the competition aspect. It's just that I think he's done...and was prior to last seasons lack luster effort. He's not going to play teams and imo isnt any more useful in the backfield than Mason or Cartwright would be. Plus if he knew he wanted to land a job he should already be in shape. He's had the time off and at 32 one would think he'd realize he'd need to be in the best shape of his life to make a successful comeback.

Keino
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm suprised you are still not against it though Keino lol. I understand the differences in the situation now versus last year and I guess it would be ok to bring him in for the competition aspect. It's just that I think he's done...and was prior to last seasons lack luster effort. He's not going to play teams and imo isnt any more useful in the backfield than Mason or Cartwright would be. Plus if he knew he wanted to land a job he should already be in shape. He's had the time off and at 32 one would think he'd realize he'd need to be in the best shape of his life to make a successful comeback.

Don't get me wrong. I think his game is wack, and has been for a while. But people think my anger about it last year was solely that, and it was about the situation. I am not opposed to having a vet RB who is here from the first day of training camp. Also, notice how I couched my comments....If he earns a spot, I am okay with it. Nevermind that I don't think he's capable of doing that.

shally
05-14-2009, 07:34 PM
he had nothing left last year.. what will he have this year ??

better to keep mason and let him develop

NCskinsfanatic
05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Don't get me wrong. I think his game is wack, and has been for a while. But people think my anger about it last year was solely that, and it was about the situation. I am not opposed to having a vet RB who is here from the first day of training camp. Also, notice how I couched my comments....If he earns a spot, I am okay with it. Nevermind that I don't think he's capable of doing that.

We are in agreeance then Sean because I don't think he can earn a spot either lol...

greatest2
05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
the only way he gets on the roster is if there is an injury. the roster spots go to Portis Betts and Rock/Mason. It would take a sever injury, likea 5-8 game injury for him to get on the team.

relax folks, he ain't coming. and the only time he will see significant action is if both betts and portis are hurt bad.

Meatsnack
05-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Soft Batch Cookies go best with Calf Milk. Since Shawn Springs is in New England, Shaun Alexander has no complement here any longer.

shally
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Soft Batch Cookies go best with Calf Milk. Since Shawn Springs is in New England, Shaun Alexander has no complement here any longer.

lol...

i dont think he has anything left...he never really ran very hard, so once he lost speed and moves, he was done.. he is STILL done