PDA

View Full Version : Skins to Begin New Tailgating Restrictions

superskin
06-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I expect more will be made of this than what is neccessary, but I just don't know how FedEx parking attendants are supposed to direct "each" vehicle into a chosen space. This isnt a summer concert series at Merriweather Post Pavilion - it's tens of thousands of Skins fans, for God's sake.

Just seems like further erosion of time-tested Redskin traditions and values.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/22/AR2009062201313.html

Keino
06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Only 2 more seasons for me. This is ridiculous.

dj_stouty
06-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Looks like they want the tailgating outside the stadium to be on par with the product on the field; too strict, unappealing and lacking energy.

Just another reason why season tickets just are worth the price anymore...

akhhorus
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I understand the point in doing this, but they can make this so much more easier and so much more simple by just setting up a big area near the stadium for tailgating any way you want. They do that at the Gamecocks home games, and there's never any problems since the people who aren't tailgating don't have to weave through the tailgaters and if you want to tailgate and meet fellow fans, there's one big area for you to do it.

superskin
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
In other news, the Skins will soon do away with seat numbers. All General Admission seats will cost $110.00, with the early arriving fans get seated in the upper level first, and the later arrivals getting the prime lower level seats. That way, those same late-arriving people will have easier access to the exits when they choose to leave in the middle of the 3rd Quarter with the score tied.

:sfight:

LadyNRedskinsfan
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Ugh. We'll see how this works and for how long.

WRSK1NS
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
In other news, the Skins will soon do away with seat numbers. All General Admission seats will cost $110.00, with the early arriving fans get seated in the upper level first, and the later arrivals getting the prime lower level seats. That way, those same late-arriving people will have easier access to the exits when they choose to leave in the middle of the 3rd Quarter with the score tied.

That is just too Funny!! Thanks for the laugh....lets hope Danny and Vinny dont read this because they might think it is a great idea!

CarMike
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
What in the world is he thinking? Is he trying to drive the fans away?

He keeps this up and there won't be a big enough crowd for the parking attendants to worry about.

TrueOracle
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
What in the world is he thinking? Is he trying to drive the fans away?

He keeps this up and there won't be a big enough crowd for the parking attendants to worry about.

No. He's trying to make way for Washington "fans" in the same way LA does for their fair weather fans. You know, those that pay corporate/suite rates instead of celebs though. This is ridiculous and I very rarely tailgate.

CarMike
06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
No. He's trying to make way for Washington "fans" in the same way LA does for their fair weather fans. You know, those that pay corporate/suite rates instead of celebs though. This is ridiculous and I very rarely tailgate.

I've been to around 7-9 games in FedEx. He's killing the true fans like you say.

hail2skins
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
That new gray lot will be across from the Tailgating lot. I'll bet that lot will get more attention this season.

BurgundyNGold
06-22-2009, 09:26 PM
I really don't know what the Danny hopes to accomplish. He's effectively killing the golden goose about 6 ways from Sunday these days.

colkurtz
06-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Danny following the lead of his mentor and good buddy - Jerra. Another stake into the heart of this franchise.

PyroGenic
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM

Nice comparison, except there really shouldn't be any fairweather DC fans. At least to anybody who knows anything about football, anyway. Maybe that's a part of the problem...

BurgundyNGold
06-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Nice comparison, except there really shouldn't be any fairweather DC fans. At least to anybody who knows anything about football, anyway. Maybe that's a part of the problem...
This is pretty funny lol. Obviously, there has to be a decent stretch of fair weather to have fair weather fans. From my perspective, I'm getting tired of watching the cows, rowboats and hags on bicycles flying by lol.

Swirvi
06-23-2009, 03:38 AM
I really don't see this as a big deal. Anything to ease the congestion around the stadium is fine by me. Everyone who wants to tailgate will get to tailgate. If you don't want to park in the back of the lot, then don't take up more than one space. Its really pretty simple.

Patrick
06-23-2009, 06:02 AM
This is not going to change anything.

Redskinny
06-23-2009, 08:41 AM
When Fedex Field first opened, the Green parking lot seemed to fill up about one hour before the game. I remember one game where I spent 45 minutes looking for a space.

Then it appears that the Redskins reduced the number of Green ticket holders. Only in the past two years has the Redskins started iissuing new parking tickets to regular season ticket holders.

I bet by parking cars like Six Flags, the Redskins can pack them tighter, and sell more parking tickets.

But hidden in the fine print is that the Redskins are also giving up the Pay Parking lots outside the beltway, and the Blue parking lot inside the beltway. I guess the rent and paying for bus service cost too much.

In it's place is the new 3,000 space Gray lot. 3,000 spaces probably doesn't even cover the additional seats that have been created since Fedex opened, let alone compensate for loss of the Blue and Cash lots.

So the Redskins need to pack the parking lots tighter.

And don't forget that there's no longer shuttle buses from Metro, further increasing the demand for parking.

I wonder how the parking attendants will now handle the thousands of cars that formerly used the cash parking lots.

The good news is that season ticket holders who formerly could not buy season parking can now buy Gray parking.

dj_stouty
06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
When Fedex Field first opened, the Green parking lot seemed to fill up about one hour before the game. I remember one game where I spent 45 minutes looking for a space.

Then it appears that the Redskins reduced the number of Green ticket holders. Only in the past two years has the Redskins started iissuing new parking tickets to regular season ticket holders.

I bet by parking cars like Six Flags, the Redskins can pack them tighter, and sell more parking tickets.

But hidden in the fine print is that the Redskins are also giving up the Pay Parking lots outside the beltway, and the Blue parking lot inside the beltway. I guess the rent and paying for bus service cost too much.

In it's place is the new 3,000 space Gray lot. 3,000 spaces probably doesn't even cover the additional seats that have been created since Fedex opened, let alone compensate for loss of the Blue and Cash lots.

So the Redskins need to pack the parking lots tighter.

And don't forget that there's no longer shuttle buses from Metro, further increasing the demand for parking.

I wonder how the parking attendants will now handle the thousands of cars that formerly used the cash parking lots.

The good news is that season ticket holders who formerly could not buy season parking can now buy Gray parking.

I used to park in the Blue Lots before Snyder bought them. They were owned by the neighboring church and $20 got you a spot on the other side of the tree line just a few feet from the Green Lot cars who paid 2-3x the price. If Blue is back to a private lot, it would be a solid alternative for parking.

redskin_rich
06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Danny is so 'effing stupid it is off the chart. Drive away what's left of your diminishing, ticket buying, true fan base, you little moron.

I can't wait until the little idiot goes bankrupt.

SkinsTrumpet
06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
It's obvious Danny is making his play for a new stadium. It's no secret that he hates FedEx and wants an upgrade.

redskin_rich
06-23-2009, 09:37 AM
It's obvious Danny is making his play for a new stadium. It's no secret that he hates FedEx and wants an upgrade.

Not sure how further angering his fan base will help that goal.

This is just another ill-fated attempt at squeezing more money out of ticket buyers, IMO. Less tailgating = more money spent inside, theoretically. And don't even get me started on this express lane garbage.

SkinsTrumpet
06-23-2009, 09:45 AM
He'll say the current facilities cannot adequately provide for the fans and a bigger, more advanced complex, with a larger more fan-integrated lot would be necessary.

hail2skins
06-23-2009, 10:21 AM
I really don't see this as a big deal. Anything to ease the congestion around the stadium is fine by me. Everyone who wants to tailgate will get to tailgate. If you don't want to park in the back of the lot, then don't take up more than one space. Its really pretty simple.I don't see how moving tailgaters eases the congestion around the stadium.

Red Bear
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
i see no problem with this, some people get way to ridiculous with their setups. tents taking up 2-4 parking spaces, huge hog cooking grills, etc...I agree with this, people are taking up prime parking with stuff that i see as unneccesary. you can tailgate upfront and anywhere else, just dont take up multiple spaces. i even seen some people who brung what seemed to be their whole living room with them. im talking a couch and chairs, coffee table, carpet, huge flat screen television and were also parked horizontal/parallel taking up 3 spaces with their huge vehicle used to haul their living room to the game in, on top of the 3 spaces their living room took up. 1 parking pass shouldnt give anyone the right to take up 6 spaces.

some of you speak as if every fan is a diehard tailgater and this should anger a majority of the fan base. yet im sure there are just as many people who dont care about tailgating as the ones who do. my feeling is, if you want to throw a huge cookout that takes a lot of space up, do it at your house, otherwise it should be kept simple where you can still grill up good eats, hang with other fans, get drunk, and whatever else it is you like to do. its quite funny how some predict every little thing the redskins do as the doom and demise of the franchise. its also comparable to kids who whine when they cant always get their way. its simple enough, if you dont like it, dont go. throw your own tailgate at home where youre free to do whatever you want and how you want to, invite your friends and watch the game on tv. just because some of you are angry about this doesnt mean that everyone else is, those who arent will continue to enjoy themselves.

redskin_rich
06-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Ignorance is bliss.

To my friends at the not so secret lot, plan on getting there earlier, since that will be the hot spot, as it already was but more so now.

RedskinsDave
06-23-2009, 11:36 AM

This analogy is not far off. They probably did this because some clown who owns a bunch of seats and shows up at 12:45 gets pissed because he has to park farther away from the stadium.

Ironically though, where we park this system has been pretty much in place. We park at the back of the lot and do so for this reason. I don't know if there is a big problem on the "Maryland" side of the stadium.

I do love though that Snyder is worrying so much about ruining the game day experience and he spent far less time on fixing the offensive line.

hail2skins
06-23-2009, 12:52 PM
i see no problem with this, some people get way to ridiculous with their setups. tents taking up 2-4 parking spaces, huge hog cooking grills, etc...I agree with this, people are taking up prime parking with stuff that i see as unneccesary. you can tailgate upfront and anywhere else, just dont take up multiple spaces. i even seen some people who brung what seemed to be their whole living room with them. im talking a couch and chairs, coffee table, carpet, huge flat screen television and were also parked horizontal/parallel taking up 3 spaces with their huge vehicle used to haul their living room to the game in, on top of the 3 spaces their living room took up. 1 parking pass shouldnt give anyone the right to take up 6 spaces.

some of you speak as if every fan is a diehard tailgater and this should anger a majority of the fan base. yet im sure there are just as many people who dont care about tailgating as the ones who do. my feeling is, if you want to throw a huge cookout that takes a lot of space up, do it at your house, otherwise it should be kept simple where you can still grill up good eats, hang with other fans, get drunk, and whatever else it is you like to do. its quite funny how some predict every little thing the redskins do as the doom and demise of the franchise. its also comparable to kids who whine when they cant always get their way. its simple enough, if you dont like it, dont go. throw your own tailgate at home where youre free to do whatever you want and how you want to, invite your friends and watch the game on tv. just because some of you are angry about this doesnt mean that everyone else is, those who arent will continue to enjoy themselves.
I'm playing devils advocate here. But, you can take your own advice and just stay home and watch the game since you don't want to tailgate. Like you said, if you don't like it, don't go. That way you don't have to worry about tailgates and congestion with traffic.

jtovb2005
06-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

To my friends at the not so secret lot, plan on getting there earlier, since that will be the hot spot, as it already was but more so now.

Rich are you sure that lot is not the new lot opening off Landover Road? I have not seen a map but that was the first spot that came to mind.

BandWagon
06-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Well let's be honest. It's never been the same since RFK anyway...and probably never will be. For those of us in Virginia coming up the deadend of 395....well that was an experience unique to the physical geography of the area and a time long since past. Very disappointing, but not at all surprising.

Red Bear
06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm playing devils advocate here. But, you can take your own advice and just stay home and watch the game since you don't want to tailgate. Like you said, if you don't like it, don't go. That way you don't have to worry about tailgates and congestion with traffic.

you cant flip that on me, im not the one complaining about a rule change. and i never mentioned traffic congestion, traffic congestion is part of every sporting event, i know that beforehand therefore dont complain about it. but parking is another thing. many people have complained about not being able to get parking passes in the past yet there are 2 people in one vehicle using 6 spaces to set up their living room outside at the game right in front of the stadium. if they want the comfort of home then they should stay home. if someone doesnt want to obey the tailgating rules, they should stay at home rather than cause problems. thats how im looking at it, its not a personal vendetta against all tailgaters if thats what youre thinking. and to be honest id much rather watch from the comfort of my home.

Redskinny
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
It's not right to takeup two prime parking spaces until 15 minutes before game time and then hope a late arriving car finds it.

By filling each space, once the row is filled, there should be no more traffic in the row.

But I see this as a way to pack more cars into parking. It won't help with the traffic at the end of the game.

hail2skins
06-24-2009, 06:34 AM
you cant flip that on me, im not the one complaining about a rule change. and i never mentioned traffic congestion, traffic congestion is part of every sporting event, i know that beforehand therefore dont complain about it. but parking is another thing. many people have complained about not being able to get parking passes in the past yet there are 2 people in one vehicle using 6 spaces to set up their living room outside at the game right in front of the stadium. if they want the comfort of home then they should stay home. if someone doesnt want to obey the tailgating rules, they should stay at home rather than cause problems. thats how im looking at it, its not a personal vendetta against all tailgaters if thats what youre thinking. and to be honest id much rather watch from the comfort of my home.That can be flipped on you because you're complaining about tailgaters. I tailgated for years in the Green lot (D-2) and every parking space was used. It's true that the early arriving folks do try to save spaces for their tailgating partners. I don't see a problem with that unless the person is truly late. So, they take up multiple spaces, what's the problem with that as long as they are considerate to those around them. My take is that the people who support this are those who leave their house at 12:45pm for a game that starts at 1pm and they expect to be in their seat for the National Anthem. Not going to happen. If there are empty spaces then I would have an issue but I haven't seen tailgates where there are empty spaces being used to tailgate. Maybe I haven't been in the right lot to see this. When we were in the Green lot, our tailgate would extend about a 15 car row whether the folks were with us or not. We would just make them feel welcome. There are folks here who can verify this too.

Some people sacrifice so they can have a good time before and after the game. They make it day and not only the 3 hours for the game. They shouldn't be punished because of it. They get there early before the lots even open to get in line. Most likely they park in the same spot every game along with their friends.

So yes, it can be flipped on you because you're complaining about tailgaters.

hail2skins
06-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Rich are you sure that lot is not the new lot opening off Landover Road? I have not seen a map but that was the first spot that came to mind.I can confirm it's not that lot. Was over there last week and saw the construction of the new lot. It is located at Brightseat Road. It's going to be on the left-hand side at the light just before you enter the stadium lots. This is the bottom of the hill of the tailgating lot.

MONK_in_HOF
06-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I see this as an attempt by Danny to
1) Assist the late comers to the stadium in finding parking. Probably so the stadium doesn't look so empty at kickoff all the time and so people have more time to hit the concessions. Far too many last minute folks.
2) Make gameday more of a family experience, if only in the parking lot, by pushing all the drunks to the perimeter. Not sure how Danny plans to segregate the family/non-drinking types from the all the boozehounds and LaPlata's finest inside the stadium though.

I can see it both ways but I tend to side with the tailgate crowd b/c that is what I do whenever I attend games. Tailgating and football are meant for each other. To curtail that seems to be another blow to an already suffering atmosphere at Fedex. I get really irritated by the volume of people who arrive last minute and expect everything in the lot to stop so they can get to their seats in time. I know the bottlenecks entering/leaving the Fedex lots don't help the situation. But knowing that, anyone who tries to arrive last minute and expects to be in their seat for kickoff is foolish.

RedskinsDave
06-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Unless they really go overboard (which I can't see being as the parking attendants are a step under stoopid for the most part) we don't think our day will change. We meet up at 9:00 and are in our spot by 10:00 most weeks. We then set up behind our cars and the area where we park is bordered by driving lanes on one side and road barriers on the others and is about 16-20 deep. Unless they rearrange the lots, we will be the same.

That aside, this is just another example that Snyder couldn't care less about the average fan and prefers to cater to the whine and cheese fans who show up at the last minute and expect everyone to move to accomodate them so they can get their clients into the club section to watch the game from the cigar bar. If I had to choose between the drunk fools in the Dead Tree Crew and some preppy prick who fell out of a J. Crew catalog, I say gimme the fools.

NamVet4
06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
. . . If I had to choose between the drunk fools in the Dead Tree Crew and some preppy prick who fell out of a J. Crew catalog, I say gimme the fools.

That's it in a nutshell! I haven't been down to tailgate in a long time...But when I was there it was fantastic!!! I envy those who can do it!
Daniel Snyder is all about the Benjamin's . . . And this is another example of him catering to the elite preppy pricks and screwing the loyal, lunch box toten' fan base. Stick it up your butt, Daniel Snyder:moon2:

Red Bear
06-24-2009, 11:13 AM
That can be flipped on you because you're complaining about tailgaters. I tailgated for years in the Green lot (D-2) and every parking space was used. It's true that the early arriving folks do try to save spaces for their tailgating partners. I don't see a problem with that unless the person is truly late. So, they take up multiple spaces, what's the problem with that as long as they are considerate to those around them. My take is that the people who support this are those who leave their house at 12:45pm for a game that starts at 1pm and they expect to be in their seat for the National Anthem. Not going to happen. If there are empty spaces then I would have an issue but I haven't seen tailgates where there are empty spaces being used to tailgate. Maybe I haven't been in the right lot to see this. When we were in the Green lot, our tailgate would extend about a 15 car row whether the folks were with us or not. We would just make them feel welcome. There are folks here who can verify this too.

Some people sacrifice so they can have a good time before and after the game. They make it day and not only the 3 hours for the game. They shouldn't be punished because of it. They get there early before the lots even open to get in line. Most likely they park in the same spot every game along with their friends.

So yes, it can be flipped on you because you're complaining about tailgaters.

im speaking of the green lot where i seen someones living room set up. ive seen people with tents set up in spaces next to their cars, some taking up multiple spaces. if you walked around and looked you would notice some of it is a bit excessive and does hamper parking for people who arrive in plenty of time and not at the last minute. that last minute thing is an assumption youre making, not necessarily truth. saving a space for a friend might be one thing, but having some elaborate set up that takes up parking spaces with grills, tables, tents, tvs, etc is just wrong. if people want to take up parking spaces for grills, tables, etc, then they should be required to have a permit for each space they use.

DaveKShape
06-25-2009, 01:09 PM
as me and my special ladyfriend are known to tailgate with just us 2 and maybe 2 other of our friends using my dinky toyota corolla, this doesn't necessarily affect me.

that said, i love the community of tailgating. half the fun is meeting like-minded people who just want to hang out and have a good time before the game with some tasty foods and dranks. to think that all of these nice people will be pushed to the back of the lots doesn't seem very community oriented to me.

but, can they really enforce this if everyone just sticks to doing what they did last year? i doubt the "tailgate patrol" (if one exists) is going to be able to stop hundreds of tailgaters from setting up shop, or even worse, disassembling shop to move somewhere else. it's time for a little civil disobedience, people.

superskin
06-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Maybe I haven't been in the right lot to see this. When we were in the Green lot, our tailgate would extend about a 15 car row whether the folks were with us or not. We would just make them feel welcome. There are folks here who can verify this too.

This is a good, valid point, and I was thinking about this myself when this story first broke. Although I got nauseous from reading the venomous comments spewing back and forth at the bottom of the article, one thing became clear: the proponents of the restrictions all tried to equate tailgating to chronic, non-stop, beligerent drinking. That's complete bull. Look, I like to get my drink on like everyone else, but the majority of tailgaters who drink do it responsibly, and many don't touch the stuff. It's as if the word "tailgating" is synonymous with "drinking." It's absurd.

And I have seen dozens of examples of tailgaters - even those who get there early and take up multiple spaces, happily moving their coolers and grills and literally "directing" late comers into adjacent spaces. It is really disheartening to see the divide between tailgaters and non-tailgaters.

First Latoya turns against the rest of the Jacksons, now this.

Redskinny
07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
First, I took a look at the Gray lot last week. It's still under construction. Access appears to be at one point off Brightseat Road. It won't be a far walk to Fedex, but it is further than the Red lot. It also looks like it will not be paved which has the advantage of giving a little more space between vehicles.

Second, it is a very large lot and if it has only one entry/exit point, it will take a while to exit.

Third, the additional 3,000 cars in the Gray lot will adversely impact the other lots that enter and exit from/to Landover Road.

Fourth, since it's a lot easier to buy parking this year, I bet you'll be able to buy Gray lot parking for close to list ($35/game). And I bet the street price of other parking will drop a lot. That's good IMHO. Selling Green season parking for $600 is crazy. I project Season Green street price will be under $500 by mid-August. Gray will be under $400.

fent
07-06-2009, 04:09 PM
im speaking of the green lot where i seen someones living room set up. ive seen people with tents set up in spaces next to their cars, some taking up multiple spaces. if you walked around and looked you would notice some of it is a bit excessive and does hamper parking for people who arrive in plenty of time and not at the last minute. that last minute thing is an assumption youre making, not necessarily truth. saving a space for a friend might be one thing, but having some elaborate set up that takes up parking spaces with grills, tables, tents, tvs, etc is just wrong. if people want to take up parking spaces for grills, tables, etc, then they should be required to have a permit for each space they use.

in many cases they do, and even when they do, the people showing up just for kickoff don't care how many passes they have. my wife is a texas tech grad, and if anyone knows how to tailgate, it's those dadgum Techsans. (side note, when i went to the cotton bowl this year i saw more smokers and portable satellite dishes than i've ever seen in my life). when these folks get their tickets, almost every one of them buys a second (and sometimes more) parking pass. when we show up, the car goes in one, someone immediately jumps out with "the living room" to claim the space and the grills are unpacked, coolers popped open and everyone has a good time. however, the people that think it's wrong to have these elaborate setups and "waste" time before the game end up driving around pissing and moaning about not having spaces and telling everyone that's there already that they have a ticket so they should be able to park where the grill is rather than the open spot half a mile away. nevermind that the space was paid for, those that show up just for the game feel they have a right to that close spot regardless of the fact that the tailgaters have a pass for it.

i also used to tailgate in the green lot with H2S and the rest of that crew and I can assure you there were some pretty elaborate setups there, but every space was filled and "the living rooms" are in the aisle, not the spots. tailgaters that put the time and money in to make a football game an event really aren't evil, space-mongering jerks. i promise.

Keino
07-06-2009, 04:19 PM
in many cases they do, and even when they do, the people showing up just for kickoff don't care how many passes they have. my wife is a texas tech grad, and if anyone knows how to tailgate, it's those dadgum Techsans. (side note, when i went to the cotton bowl this year i saw more smokers and portable satellite dishes than i've ever seen in my life). when these folks get their tickets, almost every one of them buys a second (and sometimes more) parking pass. when we show up, the car goes in one, someone immediately jumps out with "the living room" to claim the space and the grills are unpacked, coolers popped open and everyone has a good time. however, the people that think it's wrong to have these elaborate setups and "waste" time before the game end up driving around pissing and moaning about not having spaces and telling everyone that's there already that they have a ticket so they should be able to park where the grill is rather than the open spot half a mile away. nevermind that the space was paid for, those that show up just for the game feel they have a right to that close spot regardless of the fact that the tailgaters have a pass for it.

i also used to tailgate in the green lot with H2S and the rest of that crew and I can assure you there were some pretty elaborate setups there, but every space was filled and "the living rooms" are in the aisle, not the spots. tailgaters that put the time and money in to make a football game an event really aren't evil, space-mongering jerks. i promise.

Amen.

joethefan
07-07-2009, 07:57 AM
there goes danny following after jerrah again....when will it end

hail2skins
07-07-2009, 08:22 PM
im speaking of the green lot where i seen someones living room set up. ive seen people with tents set up in spaces next to their cars, some taking up multiple spaces. if you walked around and looked you would notice some of it is a bit excessive and does hamper parking for people who arrive in plenty of time and not at the last minute. that last minute thing is an assumption youre making, not necessarily truth. saving a space for a friend might be one thing, but having some elaborate set up that takes up parking spaces with grills, tables, tents, tvs, etc is just wrong. if people want to take up parking spaces for grills, tables, etc, then they should be required to have a permit for each space they use.Not an assumption at all as I've witnessed folks showing up late and expecting to get a space close to the stadium. We've actually had to move stuff to accomondate cars trying to find a spot. We did move it but we also asked them what they expected arriving so late. As I said earlier, some folks make it an event for the day and a lot of planning goes into it. Tailgaters shouldn't be pushed to the back of the lots to accomondate others. They pay just like the others do.

Another question I have is how do you know these folks don't have a couple of parking passes? They could you know.

Maybe they Skins should enforce the rules they already have in place as opposed to changing them. If they see someone with a space beside them being used for a tailgate and a car could fit there, then ask the folks to adjust their tailgate. This new policy won't do jack because it won't be enforced.

hail2skins
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM

i also used to tailgate in the green lot with H2S and the rest of that crew and I can assure you there were some pretty elaborate setups there, but every space was filled and "the living rooms" are in the aisle, not the spots. tailgaters that put the time and money in to make a football game an event really aren't evil, space-mongering jerks. i promise.You tell em fent.

BurgundyNGold
07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Not an assumption at all as I've witnessed folks showing up late and expecting to get a space close to the stadium. We've actually had to move stuff to accomondate cars trying to find a spot. We did move it but we also asked them what they expected arriving so late. As I said earlier, some folks make it an event for the day and a lot of planning goes into it. Tailgaters shouldn't be pushed to the back of the lots to accomondate others. They pay just like the others do.

Another question I have is how do you know these folks don't have a couple of parking passes? They could you know.

Maybe they Skins should enforce the rules they already have in place as opposed to changing them. If they see someone with a space beside them being used for a tailgate and a car could fit there, then ask the folks to adjust their tailgate. This new policy won't do jack because it won't be enforced.
Or, more than likely, it will be selectively enforced.

AGibbsGirl
07-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm with Red Bear on this one.

His complaint is with the ones that take up multiple spaces when they only have a pass for 1 space. I've been that late comer on a few occasions (Always Hubbo's fault) and have been sooo annoyed at the ones that are sitting in their chairs in empty spaces and give you dirty looks, like you're in the wrong, because you want to PARK YOUR CAR in the space.

Now I've been to the HR tailgates and we're pretty good about making use of the area in front of the cars for tailgating, we don't take up spaces unless to save a spot. But there really are some serious issues with empty spaces being used for things other then cars at Fed Ex.

And if these people do have more then 1 parking pass (Which I seriously doubt, but you guys seem to be looking on the bright side) then I say they should be forced to display it like we do with the cars.

Don't think just because someone arrives late...whatever your definition of late may be...they shouldn't be entitled to park in a space in the lot that they paid for.

Also, FAKE parking passes contribute greatly to this issue

hail2skins
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM

His complaint is with the ones that take up multiple spaces when they only have a pass for 1 space. I've been that late comer on a few occasions (Always Hubbo's fault) and have been sooo annoyed at the ones that are sitting in their chairs in empty spaces and give you dirty looks, like you're in the wrong, because you want to PARK YOUR CAR in the space.

Now I've been to the HR tailgates and we're pretty good about making use of the area in front of the cars for tailgating, we don't take up spaces unless to save a spot. But there really are some serious issues with empty spaces being used for things other then cars at Fed Ex.

And if these people do have more then 1 parking pass (Which I seriously doubt, but you guys seem to be looking on the bright side) then I say they should be forced to display it like we do with the cars.

Don't think just because someone arrives late...whatever your definition of late may be...they shouldn't be entitled to park in a space in the lot that they paid for.

Also, FAKE parking passes contribute greatly to this issueand that's when you go find an attendent and bring it to their attention that these folks are taking up multiple spaces. If they enforce the rules they already have, this wouldn't be required.

Patrick
07-08-2009, 10:16 AM
I've always thought that if Danny REALLY wanted to do something to help improve the parking issues - he'd build a parking decks over the two (or even the third) main lots and the top deck used for mainly tailgaters. Each spot on the top level could be marked with oversized spot (12x25). ........... all it would take is money ..... :rolleyes:

AGibbsGirl
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
and that's when you go find an attendent and bring it to their attention that these folks are taking up multiple spaces. If they enforce the rules they already have, this wouldn't be required.
You would think, but It's unbelievable the amount of ambivalence shown by the parking attendants (we've tried). They either won't do their jobs, or can't do their jobs because they're spread too thin as it is, or have no real power to punish the violators.

Anyway, we've given up all together and started parking in the cash lots and taking the bus. I would love to just get there much earlier, but I'm at the mercy of my sorta Redskin fan husband (how's that for the shoe on the other foot?)

AGibbsGirl
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I've always thought that if Danny REALLY wanted to do something to help improve the parking issues - he'd build a parking decks over the two (or even the third) main lots and the top deck used for mainly tailgaters. Each spot on the top level could be marked with oversized spot (12x25). ........... all it would take is money ..... :rolleyes:
I've always wondered why they didn't do this? It really would make a huge difference. Do most stadiums have these?

Patrick
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I've always wondered why they didn't do this? It really would make a huge difference. Do most stadiums have these?
Iím not 100% certain about all the stadiums but definitely no to the ones I've been to. This would truly make FedEx unique IMO.

CarMike
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Iím not 100% certain about all the stadiums but definitely no to the ones I've been to. This would truly make FedEx unique IMO.

Snyder is saving up money for that new DC stadium. :)

RedskinsDave
07-08-2009, 03:42 PM
The reason parking is an issue and why there will never be parking structure is because PG enforced the limit to the number of cars they can park at Fedex. The original agreement was for a certain percentage of cars based on the original amount of seats. They added so many and tried to use the same formula but PG stopped them. That's the explanation I gto when I asked why there were so many unsold orange lot spaces and no more green ones available.

smoak
07-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Idiots. The team is run by a bunch of boobs (and I'm not talking about the good kind). They are COMPLETE morons. I can see designating some areas as "off limits" to tailgating, but if I were in charge, I'd do a better job MARKETING out in the tailgate lot... Forgot your propane? That will be $10. Forgot your Aluminum Foil? That will be $5... You get the idea. I'd even have grill and other equipment available for sale b/c the "common fan" contributes more revenue by far than all but the most affluent suite holders.

Memo to the jerks who are running every franchise and business they touch into the ground:
Win games you braindead jackasses and the rest will take care of itself. I can't believe how much I hate you.

hail2skins
07-09-2009, 07:57 AM
You would think, but It's unbelievable the amount of ambivalence shown by the parking attendants (we've tried). They either won't do their jobs, or can't do their jobs because they're spread too thin as it is, or have no real power to punish the violators.

Anyway, we've given up all together and started parking in the cash lots and taking the bus. I would love to just get there much earlier, but I'm at the mercy of my sorta Redskin fan husband (how's that for the shoe on the other foot?)You could always join us in the tailgate lot. Don't need a bus either.

hail2skins
07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Idiots. The team is run by a bunch of boobs (and I'm not talking about the good kind). They are COMPLETE morons. I can see designating some areas as "off limits" to tailgating, but if I were in charge, I'd do a better job MARKETING out in the tailgate lot... Forgot your propane? That will be $10. Forgot your Aluminum Foil? That will be $5... You get the idea. I'd even have grill and other equipment available for sale b/c the "common fan" contributes more revenue by far than all but the most affluent suite holders.

Memo to the jerks who are running every franchise and business they touch into the ground:
Win games you braindead jackasses and the rest will take care of itself. I can't believe how much I hate you.You forgot to add the steaming devil icon. LOL

:devil2::devil2:

BurgundyNGold
07-09-2009, 09:16 AM

Win games you braindead jackasses and the rest will take care of itself. I can't believe how much I hate you.
:lol1:

This is an awesome post. It's just so raw. It's very possible you're punching something right now lol.

Keino
07-09-2009, 09:25 AM

This might your best post ever.

CNYSkinFan
07-09-2009, 09:39 AM
:lol1:

This is an awesome post. It's just so raw. It's very possible you're punching something right now lol.

Hopefully Vinny

AGibbsGirl
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Idiots.
I can lend you the rolling pin...

Patrick
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I can lend you the rolling pin...
I think he'd rather use a rocket launcher from the "Not-so-secert Secert Parking Lot".

Red Bear
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM

Also, FAKE parking passes contribute greatly to this issue

Amen to that. And many people just simply arent gonna take their entire setup down for someone to park, which just complicates things even more. Also i agree about the being late thing. For example, just because someone might want to go to church before the game, and cant be there when the gates open, doesnt mean they should be persecuted for it by tailgaters who have only paid for the rights to one parking space and have taken up 2 or more.

and that's when you go find an attendent and bring it to their attention that these folks are taking up multiple spaces. If they enforce the rules they already have, this wouldn't be required.

or if the tailgaters obeyed the rules that were already in place this wouldnt be an issue, obviously they didnt obey the rules, and thats really the base of the entire problem and reason for the rule change. i can understand a parking attendant not wanting to tangle with a group(whether big or small) of drunken tailgaters. you and others keep trying to flip the blame for this on anyone other than people with excessive tailgates that take up multiple spaces. maybe the parking attendants could have tried and be more assertive, and make people move for others to park. of course then some would want to harass the parking attendant, and some would possibly want to damage the car in the space they had to move their tailgate from. i dont think tattling is gonna solve a problem to rules that openly werent being obeyed anyways. do you feel that yourself and every adult there needs constant enforcement so you dont disobey rules? i highly doubt that. any sensible adults should know to follow the rules, and probably preach it to their children regularly. im not saying you personally violated any rules, but you have to look at the big picture, not just what your group does. but i feel if anyone wants to complain about this, then they need to complain about the tailgaters who constantly violated the old rules...

hail2skins
07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
or if the tailgaters obeyed the rules that were already in place this wouldnt be an issue, obviously they didnt obey the rules, and thats really the base of the entire problem and reason for the rule change. i can understand a parking attendant not wanting to tangle with a group(whether big or small) of drunken tailgaters. you and others keep trying to flip the blame for this on anyone other than people with excessive tailgates that take up multiple spaces. maybe the parking attendants could have tried and be more assertive, and make people move for others to park. of course then some would want to harass the parking attendant, and some would possibly want to damage the car in the space they had to move their tailgate from. i dont think tattling is gonna solve a problem to rules that openly werent being obeyed anyways. do you feel that yourself and every adult there needs constant enforcement so you dont disobey rules? i highly doubt that. any sensible adults should know to follow the rules, and probably preach it to their children regularly. im not saying you personally violated any rules, but you have to look at the big picture, not just what your group does. but i feel if anyone wants to complain about this, then they need to complain about the tailgaters who constantly violated the old rules...This is just wrong on so many levels. The policy is on the ticket, if a patron is not observing the policy, folks should be there to enforce it. Like AGG said, they're already spread thin and can't enforce the current policy. What makes you think they can enforce the new one?

If me and 10 other folks all have parking passes and decide to drive individually. We could just tell them that each of us are tailgating alone by our vehicle. But we will actually park side by side and tailgate together. We'll be a big multi-car tailgate up at the front of the lot which is what I believe they don't want. However, we are abiding by the policy though.

redskin_rich
07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I love when folks with no historical reference, other than the cluster**** of FedEx Field and don't even have much experience there, try to explain the problems currently. Unfortunately, it just shows, again, how this franchise has fallen. Even the fan-base is starting to suck... bad.

Here is a clue- True Redskins fans, that have been along for a while, would never deny a parking space to a fellow Redskin fan. My, how things have changed. Wonder why..?

Redskinny
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM

About 15 years ago, I was involved in planning in a Federal agency to add two levels to a parking lot (about 80 spaces). I don't remember the exact cost, but it worked out to about $40K per space--that's about $3.2 million. We decided that was too expensive to expand employee parking.

I recognize that the per space cost might be reduced by building a 500 space garage, but there's no way that $20K-$40K per space cost can be justified when you only receive $350 per year per space in return.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Danny Boy paved the parking lots.

BurgundyNGold
07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
About 15 years ago, I was involved in planning in a Federal agency to add two levels to a parking lot (about 80 spaces). I don't remember the exact cost, but it worked out to about $40K per space--that's about $3.2 million. We decided that was too expensive to expand employee parking.
Yeah, a Metro subsidy for 80 people is only $172K a year or so.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Danny Boy paved the parking lots.
Probably in anticipation of the legal ramifications of getting sued every time someone turned an ankle in a gully.