PDA

View Full Version : I Met Coach Joe Tonight!

ryflan47
08-13-2009, 10:48 PM
For those of you who I haven't bragged to you yet.. I met coach Joe Gibbs at my going away party for work tonight in Times Square. A buddy of mine (huge Giants fan) and I were hanging out in the top of a bar in Times Square, when my uncle comes frantically running at me saying "I really need you to come with me, now!!". So, I followed him thinking that something was seriously wrong, or that he needed help with SOMETHING.

So I take a few steps outside of this bar and before he can say anything, I freeze. I've met Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Mike Huckabee, Jane Fonda, Deion Sanders, Ken Harvey, Darrell Green, LaVar Arrington, Freddy Prinz Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar, and seen people in person (Ron Jeremy, Dan Snyder, Eva Longoria) and I have never been even flinched or lost a thought.

So here I am, standing with my buddy who is also starstruck, all I can say is "Thank you! Thank you for everything you've done for us!", and my buddy goes "I'm a Giants fan, but it's a pleasure to meet you!!". The guy laughs, signs autographs for the 2 of us, and goes "Let's take a picture!". So his publicist fires off a photo, so I'll post that here as soon as I get that photo.

But Joe seemed very lively, in great shape, and was nowhere near as frail as the media portrayed him to be during his 2nd stint with us. He was very gracious to have met us as well, and thanked us for our support. I know I haven't been very active here recently, but I felt the need to share this!!

LadyNRedskinsfan
08-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks for sharing that Ryan! I'm glad you got the chance to meet him. I met him 4 years ago in Houston but it was after a game and he was clearly exhausted, lol, but it still was a pleasure to met him and get an autograph from him.

Patrick
08-14-2009, 05:58 AM
For those of you who I haven't bragged to you yet.. I met coach Joe Gibbs at my going away party for work tonight in Times Square. A buddy of mine (huge Giants fan) and I were hanging out in the top of a bar in Times Square, when my uncle comes frantically running at me saying "I really need you to come with me, now!!". So, I followed him thinking that something was seriously wrong, or that he needed help with SOMETHING.

So I take a few steps outside of this bar and before he can say anything, I freeze. I've met Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Mike Huckabee, Jane Fonda, Deion Sanders, Ken Harvey, Darrell Green, LaVar Arrington, Freddy Prinz Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar, and seen people in person (Ron Jeremy, Dan Snyder, Eva Longoria) and I have never been even flinched or lost a thought.
So here I am, standing with my buddy who is also starstruck, all I can say is "Thank you! Thank you for everything you've done for us!", and my buddy goes "I'm a Giants fan, but it's a pleasure to meet you!!". The guy laughs, signs autographs for the 2 of us, and goes "Let's take a picture!". So his publicist fires off a photo, so I'll post that here as soon as I get that photo.

But Joe seemed very lively, in great shape, and was nowhere near as frail as the media portrayed him to be during his 2nd stint with us. He was very gracious to have met us as well, and thanked us for our support. I know I haven't been very active here recently, but I felt the need to share this!!

Pretty awesome group (excluding Fonda) ...... must of been a thrill.

CarMike
08-14-2009, 07:07 AM
That's awesome Ryan! Thanks for shareing.

smoak
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Pretty awesome group (excluding Fonda) ...... must of been a thrill.

So you're INCLUDING Ron Jeremy :D

Ryan hit me last night.... Great story!

Patrick
08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
So you're INCLUDING Ron Jeremy :D

Ryan hit me last night.... Great story!
FAR AND ABOVE Hanoi Jane

ryflan47
08-14-2009, 03:44 PM
FAR AND ABOVE Hanoi Jane

Yeah, that was the only thing I knew about her really. Great first impression of someone, right

The_Sonny_Of_Sammy
08-14-2009, 08:09 PM
FAR AND ABOVE Hanoi Jane

You got that right.

Skinsfan1906
08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
NICE!!! Good stuff man. I met him at training camp two years ago, and I was like a blushing little school girl. LOL.