PDA

View Full Version : Colt Brennan to the IR

akhhorus
09-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Wow, talk about dodging making a decision...

Link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/brennan-to-ir-list-is-a-possib.html?hpid=topnews)

Just got off the phone with a couple of sources who are telling me there's a good chance quarterback Colt Brennan will be placed on the season-ending injured reserve list because of a hip injury he suffered earlier in the preseason. I'm still working the phones and, obviously, I'll update this as I gather more information.

CarMike
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
LOL, reminds of the days before FA and coach Gibbs "hiding" players from other teams.

JasonCampbell
09-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Not such a bad thing. If they aren't sold on which one to keep this year, give them another year of practice, another off-season, and another TC to figure out who to keep...and as an added plus we won't waste a draft pick on a QB.

LATrueRedskin
09-05-2009, 09:27 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/05/colt-brennan-to-injured-reserve/

PFT has it as so.

RedskinsDave
09-05-2009, 09:30 AM
As long as he's not on the roster I am fine with it.

Redskin-4-life
09-05-2009, 09:32 AM
I think it is a good idea, since I don't see collins being here next year. You would have at least two young QB's completing to the backup job.

akhhorus
09-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Translation: Daniel is better, but we don't want have to make a decision on it.

RedskinsDave
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM

They can't figure out how to pat themselves on the back for bringing in Daniel while cutting Colt.

Wild Bore
09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Man, I called that one! Good decision. Gives us another year to evaluate these guys.

shane88
09-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Not surprised at all. Told my wife Thursday night when he was lying on the bench getting checked over, " They'll IR him so they can put off cutting either one until next season. It'll give the new coach the choice! lol"

Not familiar with how IR works, but a couple of questions for those in the know:
A. He's lost for the season, correct?
B. During the season he can only participate in non-physical stuff, correct? I.E, film, meetings, rehab, etc.?

JasonCampbell Not such a bad thing. If they aren't sold on which one to keep this year, give them another year of practice, another off-season, and another TC to figure out who to keep...and as an added plus we won't waste a draft pick on a QB.

Yes we will....this is Vinny and Danny we're talking bout here....:smash:

JasonCampbell
09-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Why don't they want to make a decision on it...because he was drafted? Because they thought he could battle Collins for #2?

SpicyMcHaggis
09-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Why don't they want to make a decision on it...because he was drafted? Because they thought he could battle Collins for #2?

Because they don't like to admit that they were wrong.

Which is understandable if you think about it because they would basically have to spend the entire day doing only that sinc they are wrong so often.

shally
09-05-2009, 10:17 AM

for a while.. this is not good news for Colt because he cant practice with the team.. it would not surprise me if he asks for his release

CNYSkinFan
09-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Colt Brennan will be the new Nemo Broughton!

Keino
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
for a while.. this is not good news for Colt because he cant practice with the team.. it would not surprise me if he asks for his release

Unless they plan on playing fast and loose with the rules. It wouldn't shock me to see two #10 jerseys out there in practice...LOL

shally
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Colt Brennan will be the new Nemo Broughton!

Nemo never had the following here that Cult has had..

JasonCampbell
09-05-2009, 10:32 AM

I was going to ask that. If this is really a 2 or 3 week injury, could Brennan turn down the IR and automatically be released or would the team have to actually release him since he is under contract.

Here is an update post too on the blog...seems like the injury is more hammy, knee, and hip related:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/brennan-has-hamstring-knee-inj.html#more

akhhorus
09-05-2009, 10:46 AM

I would suspect that they're afraid of fan reaction.

shally
09-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I would suspect that they're afraid of fan reaction.

please... wait until we are 2-4 after the "easy" part of the schedule.. they havent seen anything yet..

Biggie
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
This is exactly what I would've done.

shally
09-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I was going to ask that. If this is really a 2 or 3 week injury, could Brennan turn down the IR and automatically be released or would the team have to actually release him since he is under contract.

Here is an update post too on the blog...seems like the injury is more hammy, knee, and hip related:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/brennan-has-hamstring-knee-inj.html#more

they were talking about the hip in the blog

just sounds a little fishy because there are so many areas involved..

ultimately, this is not good thing for Colt..

Hr fan
09-05-2009, 11:01 AM

The essence of humor is reality - LMAO!

hockeygoalie29
09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow, according to PFT, Daniel isn't making the team either:

It turns out no one won Washington's battle to be the team's third quarterback.

Despite Colt Brennan getting placed on injured reserve, Chase Daniel will not make the team, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Even more surprising, Daniel will reportedly not be considered for the practice squad.

Ouch.

The Redskins will have only two active quarterbacks after Saturday: Jason Campbell and Todd Collins.

FanFromArizona
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Here's looking forward to Cult of Colt 2010.

WRSK1NS
09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
This is a conspiracy by HAILREDSKINS.com so that no one will win the key chains!! :)

JasonCampbell
09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
This is a conspiracy by HAILREDSKINS.com so that no one will win the key chains!! :)

LOL, I agree!

LATrueRedskin
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM

I think Mike (h2s) was pulling strings behind the scenes to hoard all three keychains for himself. :)

LadyNRedskinsfan
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
:lol1:

Dolla Bill
09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Looks like we're not the only one who is going with 2 QBs, the Giants are going with 2 as well. They cut Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar

skinsfan36
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Looks like we're not the only one who is going with 2 QBs, the Giants are going with 2 as well. They cut Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar

but they have much better oline depth

JasonCampbell
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Brennan hurt all pre-season:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/brennans-hip-a-problem-all-pre.html

InsomniaKiller
09-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Brennan hurt all pre-season:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/brennans-hip-a-problem-all-pre.html

While his decision-making was suspect at times, an injury of that nature might at least help explain that terrible attempt at a hail mary he had at the end of one of the games...

Dolla Bill
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I nominate Chase Daniels for LOA consideration. Why you ask? Look how many have replied to the Cult to IR thread, and the Chase Daniels cut thread.

shally
09-05-2009, 03:36 PM
While his decision-making was suspect at times, an injury of that nature might at least help explain that terrible attempt at a hail mary he had at the end of one of the games...

couldnt get his body into the throw ?

on the other hand, 2 hip injuries in 2 years ? something is wrong there..

Dolla Bill
09-05-2009, 03:38 PM
couldnt get his body into the throw ?

on the other hand, 2 hip injuries in 2 years ? something is wrong there..

This is also the medical staff that ok'd Kelly's knee last year. I would start there, and then work towards Cult.

WRSK1NS
09-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Since Chase was cut and Colt is still technically on the team those that said Colt were really right...

I am shocked they cut Chase AND place Colt on IR...Do you think they will bring Chase back?

BurgundyNGold
09-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Since Chase was cut and Colt is still technically on the team those that said Colt were really right...

I am shocked they cut Chase AND place Colt on IR...Do you think they will bring Chase back?
Yeah, on the PS. My guess is that's why they cut him early.

colkurtz
09-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Colt's PS stats were dismal. Blame it on the injury but his mechanics are still crap and he's got no power on his throws; he was really forcing it all PS. But 1 TD / 3 INT is not a good ratio. This is after studying a year under Zorn.

Goodbye.

give_portis_the_rock
09-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Since neither of them is on the team for next season I think everyone who replied in the keychain thread should have a chance to win. :)

OR... since Colt has no chance of playing in 09 (whereas Chase might be brought back), I think everyone who answered Chase should be given the chance to win. :)

colkurtz
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Hopefully other teams will look at Chase's height and UDFA status and pass.

Probably what the team was hoping. Of course, to assume they have any plan may be a big mistake.

shally
09-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Hopefully other teams will look at Chase's height and UDFA status and pass.

Probably what the team was hoping. Of course, to assume they have any plan may be a big mistake.

not sure if they do bring him back, although Lacanfora was supposed to have said that they would..

smoak
09-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Who knew that being a "no account waste of human life devoid of anything remotely resembeling talent" was an injury worthy of a trip to the IR??

(mostly kidding)

smoak
09-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Colt's PS stats were dismal. Blame it on the injury but his mechanics are still crap and he's got no power on his throws; he was really forcing it all PS. But 1 TD / 3 INT is not a good ratio. This is after studying a year under Zorn.

Goodbye.

excellent job identifying the problem!!! LOL

shally
09-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Zorn is grossly overrated as a developer of QB's.. his rep is based upon ONE player..Hasselbeck

smoak
09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Zorn is grossly overrated as a developer of QB's.. his rep is based upon ONE player..Hasselbeck

He spent time in Detroit, right? Who was his QB there??

I liked the hiring of Zorn a the time because of who he wasn't. I was nevr sold that he was a great coach and just as I start to believe... WHAMMO! He goes into superchokeasaurus Rex mode.

colkurtz
09-05-2009, 07:45 PM
He spent time in Detroit, right? Who was his QB there??

I liked the hiring of Zorn a the time because of who he wasn't. I was nevr sold that he was a great coach and just as I start to believe... WHAMMO! He goes into superchokeasaurus Rex mode.

there were reasons Zorn was never moved up in the Sea Hawks organization - even after he had been a player and coach!

He's in over his head and we're going to have to suffer through this season. Or maybe the worst owner in the NFL can keep down his image by dispatching his HC after only 1.5 seasons.

shally
09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
there were reasons Zorn was never moved up in the Sea Hawks organization - even after he had been a player and coach!

He's in over his head and we're going to have to suffer through this season. Or maybe the worst owner in the NFL can keep down his image by dispatching his HC after only 1.5 seasons.

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when Holmgren wouldnt promote him to OC it said everything you need to know

ElectricRedskin
09-06-2009, 07:43 AM
from espn: "I don't think Brennan will ever play for the Redskins again -- even when he's healthy. The two sides will reach an injury settlement and go their separate ways."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/7248/redskins-cutdown-analysis-2

Dolla Bill
09-06-2009, 08:17 AM
from espn: "I don't think Brennan will ever play for the Redskins again -- even when he's healthy. The two sides will reach an injury settlement and go their separate ways."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/7248/redskins-cutdown-analysis-2

I think that's complete conjecture on Mosley's part. Colt isn't going anywhere. He will be a fool to do an injury settlement. He can go on IR, get paid, and come to the park to rehab. He'll get his shot next year when the new head coach comes to town.

Goskins11
09-06-2009, 10:10 AM

haha, afriad so. Good bye Zorn......nice guy, but not a great HC...

shally
09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I think that's complete conjecture on Mosley's part. Colt isn't going anywhere. He will be a fool to do an injury settlement. He can go on IR, get paid, and come to the park to rehab. He'll get his shot next year when the new head coach comes to town.

not sure i agree with that.. he will get his hip fixed, and then can rehab.. but he cant practice with the team if he is on IR, so how does he progress ?
i think they will wave him with a settlement if Daniel is making progress on PS

NCskinsfanatic
09-06-2009, 12:13 PM

He also stated we're old at DE...did he miss the additions of Jarmon and Orakpo?

Dolla Bill
09-06-2009, 12:21 PM
not sure i agree with that.. he will get his hip fixed, and then can rehab.. but he cant practice with the team if he is on IR, so how does he progress ?
i think they will wave him with a settlement if Daniel is making progress on PS

He might not be able to practice with the team, but that doesn't stop him from studying film. Something that could of helped him out this preseason. By working with the staff, he can expand on his strengths and compensate for his weaknesses.

I wonder if it would come to that, since Snyder knows that Cult has his following, and might lead to more $$$ for the team. I'm convinced Snyder doesn't care for anything except the bottom line.

shally
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
He might not be able to practice with the team, but that doesn't stop him from studying film. Something that could of helped him out this preseason. By working with the staff, he can expand on his strengths and compensate for his weaknesses.

I wonder if it would come to that, since Snyder knows that Cult has his following, and might lead to more $$$ for the team. I'm convinced Snyder doesn't care for anything except the bottom line.

it really doesnt matter.. if Campbell finally gets over the hump, Colt is irrelevant;
and if Campbell fails, most of the roster and coaching staff will get purged for a new regime. Colt is irrelevant in that case as well because the new guy will want to bring in his own #1 guy

Dolla Bill
09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
it really doesnt matter.. if Campbell finally gets over the hump, Colt is irrelevant;
and if Campbell fails, most of the roster and coaching staff will get purged for a new regime. Colt is irrelevant in that case as well because the new guy will want to bring in his own #1 guy

Colt will never be a #1 QB. He might be a decent backup option. I really hope that the new regime will clean house top to bottom of this team. There are a handful of players that are worth keeping.