PDA

View Full Version : Our Division Opponents

Spence
10-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Okay, some of you might accuse me of looking ahead while the Redskins are preparing for a huge division game. Guilty. I can't help it. I'm so geeked up about this Eagles game that I'm almost sick of talking about it now. I want to see it played. So, to relieve the stress a bit, I've decided to look ahead at our division opponents and what sort of schedules they face in the second month of the season.

NEW YORK GIANTS
Miami Dolphins
at New England Patriots
Philadelphia Eagles
at Minneosta Vikings

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Washington Redskins
at Dallas Cowboys
at New York Giants
New York Jets

DALLAS COWBOYS
Arizona Cardinals
Philadelphia Eagles
at Detroit Lions
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
at Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
at Buffalo Bills
BYE

The Cowboys appear to have some very winnable games against Arizona and Detroit. The Eagles game will be interesting, but Philly has asswhipped up on Dallas even more than they have on us lately. The Dallas game in Tampa looks like a loss for our hated rivals.

The Eagles have three division games in a row. If they can win at least two of them, they'll have rescued their season. In a way, that wouldn't be too bad for us. If we could beat Philly [leaving them at 1-3 for the season], then letting them even their record at 3-3 while taking New York and Dallas down a peg or two for us wouldn't be a bad thing. The good news for us is that somebody is going to lose in those Dallas-Philly / Dallas-New York games and it won't be us! Eagles ought to handle the Jets, though.

The Giants appear to have the toughest schedule of anyone. They could lose all four of their next four games. The Dolphins should be tough, even in New York. If the Pats have got a few defenders back in two weeks, they could be tough in Boston. Then there is Philly [we win either way with that game] and finally, the Giants have to go into the Metrodome and play the Vikes, who look great.

As for us, unfortunately we could lose all of our games this month, too. That's why it was so important to get off to a good start in September--because we knew October would be a snarling bitch-goddess of a month.

So, what do you think?

lakewinola
10-03-2003, 01:34 PM
I predict at the end of the month:

Giants 4-3
Philly 3-4
Cows 4-3

skins 5-2

Skinzaholic
10-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Our game in Philly is vital... more than any other in this stretch... we would almost sink the Eagles... and continue to put pressure on the rest of the division... Giants lose to Miami... Emmit beats on Dallas... we own the division...

Im so nervous!

Patrick
10-03-2003, 02:19 PM
IMO over the next Four WEEKS:
Dallas won't lose to the Cards BUT easily could lose the rest (1-3).
NYG loses all four (0-4)
Philly Washington will be a dog fight but no problem with the rest (3-1)
Skins- Well I say they get there Sh*t together, battle it out with the Eagles but come away with the W and REALLY start putting it together - IN FACT, maybe they don't even want to see the bye week come. (3-0)

dj_stouty
10-03-2003, 02:40 PM
NEW YORK GIANTS (Beginning 3-1, ending 4-3)
Miami DolphinsL
at New England PatriotsW
Philadelphia EaglesL
at Minneosta VikingsL

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Beginning 1-2, ending 4-3)
Washington RedskinsL
at Dallas CowboysW
at New York Giants W
New York JetsW

DALLAS COWBOYS (Beginning 2-1, ending 4-3)
Arizona CardinalsW
Philadelphia EaglesL
at Detroit LionsW
at Tampa Bay BuccaneersL

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Begining 3-1, ending 4-3)
at Philadelphia EaglesW
Tampa Bay BuccaneersL
at Buffalo BillsL
BYE

We could end the quarter with all NFC East teams with a 4-3 record. Which will mean the divisional games will be that much more important.

eagles2000
10-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Let me give you guys a dose of reality.
Giants could go 0-4. They have huge problems with their O LIne (worse than the skins, even with the 15 sacks, Jansen and Samuels have got to play better sometime) and with their pass defense. The Pats is a winnable game and they could beat the Birds, but I think our D will be back by then and I like the match-up.

Birds could go 4-0. Sunday's game is huge as if we can beat the Skins it will tell us that we are back. I don't think the Cowboys are real and the Jets gave up on the season after week 1. Giants game is tough, but McNabb seems to find a way to win.

Cowboys 2-2. Arizona and Detroit are wins. No way they beat Tampa or Philly.

Redskins 0-3. Sorry but the ride is over. Philly squeeks out a win in a high scoring game, Tampa is the class of the NFC (I will actually root for Wash in that one as I hate the BUcs). Buffalo is a winnable game, but their running backs should be healthy by then and if you put their running game with Bledsoe and its at Buffalo, I see problems.

Sorry guys, but you have to take off the Burgendy colored glasses.

Spence
10-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Eagles2000: You have us going winless in October and the Eagles undefeated in October and you think we are being unrealistic? Well, anyway...

If the Skins beat the Eagles [which will never happen--I know, I know] then the Skins can beat the Bills. Might not, but it wouldn't be a surprise. Tampa game is gonna be a problem, though. I just hope we don't lose to them something like...oh, I don't know...17-0. Getting shut out like that would suck, don't you agree? :D

Emmanouel8
10-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Eagles2000 you have to take your green colored glasses off. The Redskins are 3-1, the eagles are 1-3 yet your calling them to go 4 straight w/o a loss?! Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't get you off. We'll see this sunday...

hail2skins
10-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Homerism at its best for Eagles2000. "Birds could go 3-0" against "Sorry 0-3" for us. This is football, on any given Sunday any team could win or lose. They win one game on the road and their problems are all fixed. Wow. Talking about us wearing burgundy colored glasses, he needs to take off those green colored glasses or is wearing Dawkin's helmet with the shield.

rskinsfan10
10-03-2003, 05:59 PM
The Giants do appear to have the toughest lineup. I can't say that I feel sorry for them though.:D

Texas Skin
10-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Emmanouel8
Eagles2000 you have to take your green colored glasses off. The Redskins are 3-1, the eagles are 1-3 yet your calling them to go 4 straight w/o a loss?! Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't get you off. We'll see this sunday...

***OOPS*** FYI......Eagles are 1-2

But they will be 1-3 after this weekend, so we all knew what you meant to say.

Texas Skin
10-03-2003, 07:11 PM
I'm sure from a Eagles wish they could win the next 3 all against division rivals. That would bring them back in the races for sure. But we will prevent that from happening, right?

JoeDaSchmoe
10-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Kenny, let's not forget that we drew the sixth-hardest schedule in the league, and Dallas got the second-hardest. No pity for the Giants. ;)

AZ#1SkinsFan
10-03-2003, 09:40 PM
NEW YORK GIANTS (Beginning 2-1, ending 4-3)
Miami Dolphins - L
at New England Patriots - L
Philadelphia Eagles - W
at Minneosta Vikings - W

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Beginning 1-2, ending 3-4)
Washington Redskins - L
at Dallas Cowboys - W
at New York Giants - L
New York Jets - W

DALLAS COWBOYS (Beginning 2-1, ending 4-3)
Arizona Cardinals - W
Philadelphia Eagles - L
at Detroit Lions - W
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - L

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Begining 3-1, ending 5-2)
at Philadelphia Eagles - W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - L
at Buffalo Bills - W

eagles2000
10-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Sorry if I sounded a little strong there. I do think the Birds will win all 4, but I am concerned about the Skins and the Giants. These are not easy games by any stretch. Although the results of your poll where 39 out of 40 pick a skins win (I was the 1 that didn't), show a little too much optomism. The Birds are 5&1/2 point favorites and the guys in Vegas seem to know sonething (although we were favored to win in our 2 losses and supposed to lose to Buffalo, so they are far from infallible). If your offensive line woes contiinue, I do expect Ramsey to get hit and throw some interceptions. The Giants game is in NY and that is always tough, but they are having problems of their own. If we get Taylor back by then I would feel better, but it is a winnable game. Cowboys and Q. Carter are not for real . I can't see us losing. The Jets are done. That is the easiest win of the 4.

Washington has 3 tough games this month (and actually a tough schedule the rest of the way) With Tampa and Buffalo coming up, this game is real important for both teams. We need it to get back in the division race, you need it to get ahead as the schedule gets tough fast. Buffalo is an inconsistant team and could be beaten, but we lucked out as Travis Henry was out, but he will definately be back for the Skins (I think he is playing this week). With some running they are a much harder team. I may be too optomistic, but I truly believe we will go 4-0 this month. I can see the skins at 1-2, but I don't think they win this week or at Tampa.

Anyway this month will be fun to watch. I will check back to see the results

skinswin'emALL
10-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by eagles2000

Redskins 0-3. Sorry but the ride is over. Philly squeeks out a win in a high scoring game, Tampa is the class of the NFC (I will actually root for Wash in that one as I hate the BUcs). Buffalo is a winnable game, but their running backs should be healthy by then and if you put their running game with Bledsoe and its at Buffalo, I see problems.

Sorry guys, but you have to take off the Burgendy colored glasses.

Sounds just like all the media "experts" who said Skins will go 1-6 after beating the Jets

I LOVE the way NO ONE else on the planet thinks the Skins can win any games on their schedule. It acually take pressure off the players becausr no one other than us fans and the players think they can win.

ps - No one thought the Cubs could beat the Brave either:p

eagles2000
10-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Well week 1 is in the books and I did pick the games correctly. So far the glasses seem clear. Next up for us is Dallas and I see a win. You have Tampa next. You should root for a win on Monday because the Monday night winner often loses the next game (I am not sure when your bye is).

Emmanouel8
10-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by eagles2000
You should root for a win on Monday because the Monday night winner often loses the next game (I am not sure when your bye is).

There is hope.

eagles2000
10-19-2003, 10:04 PM
I thought I would check back and see how the predictions went. So far I got one game wrong, the Cowboys beat the Eagles and I thought the opposite. So the Eagles have gone 2-1 and the skins 0-3. I think I was clearly the closest to being correct.

However, I am not here to gloat. The Birds looked horrible in the Giants game, and I have huge concerns about the rest of the year. Four of our next Five games are against teams with losing records so we could be 7-4 and then fall off a cliff. This was one of the most depressing wins I have ever seen. We clearly deserved to lose.

The Skins had three tough games against teams that are as good or better. Success usually takes a few years and I think you guys will be even better next year. Just wanted to remind you that even though I am an Eagles fan, I can still be objective (and knowledgable)! :D

Patrick
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Let's put it this way - the Skins, Eagle, and Giants are in a fight for thier playoff lives to make it as even a wildcard. BOTTOMLINE!

skinswin'emALL
10-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Patrick
Let's put it this way - the Skins, Eagle, and Giants are in a fight for thier playoff lives to make it as even a wildcard. BOTTOMLINE!

No Wild card from the NFC LEast -- Only the div winniner will be in the Post Season